• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:00
CEST 03:00
KST 10:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10599 users

#WhyILoveSC2 - Five Years Celebration - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
237 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
dragoon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States695 Posts
July 19 2015 00:37 GMT
#21
After playing Starcraft at a competitive level for a long period of time, I can say for sure that had I not been introduced to this game, I never would know and value true competition. Best game ever, best community ever..

I love you all.
i love you
TsogiMaster
Profile Joined October 2014
191 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-19 00:54:21
July 19 2015 00:53 GMT
#22
Why I love Starcraft2? Its really simple, Broodwar was my first game ever I played on PC and since then it was my favourite game, and after release of Starcraft 2, I bought it immadiately. I used to play casual and didnt even know about E-Sport. But after watching that epic final between MMA and Mvp, my thoughts about Starcraft 2 changed, it wasnt just a game,. when you are crying, seeing top sc2 plays live, u know that its more than that. It is part of a life.
Gaming is love. Gaming is life.
Prolix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States30 Posts
July 19 2015 01:02 GMT
#23
The competitions and community are why I love SC2!

I've only traveled to a couple of events since I started watching SC2 in beta, but they've always been a good time. The local barcrafts, or just watching streams on my own, keep me satisfied in between opportunities to attend things in person.

"Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous."
"Well, it's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid."
FO-nTTaX
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Johto4999 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-19 01:19:22
July 19 2015 01:18 GMT
#24
Attending the big events in person is sooo cool, and although this experience is not StarCraft specific in itself, it's always nicer to know what the game is about. Going out to an event, talking with people about the game you love, it's just sooo cool. And even if you can't make it to the event, a BarCraft is just as good
Also i met so many cool people through my involvement with Liquipedia, i wouldn't want to miss this.
Administrator@FO_nTTaX | FO-nTTaX.de | 0xff0000.dev | Senior Lead Liquipedia Developer
"Nimm es. Es ist nicht viel, aber es kommt von Herzen. Vergiss mich nicht!"
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11108 Posts
July 19 2015 01:19 GMT
#25
Lets be frank. It should have been a reskinned brood war. The game has had fundamental balance and design issues from day 1 with a design team not up to what was necessary, SC2's release was great because it showed the enthusiasm and interest in the grass roots BW and RTS community. It's failure evidence of the developer's incompetence. Enthusiasm from watching games with Quicksilver translating in livestream ekpt me so interested. Not sc2 on its own.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-19 01:31:57
July 19 2015 01:26 GMT
#26
On July 19 2015 10:19 Sabu113 wrote:
Lets be frank. It should have been a reskinned brood war. The game has had fundamental balance and design issues from day 1 with a design team not up to what was necessary, SC2's release was great because it showed the enthusiasm and interest in the grass roots BW and RTS community. It's failure evidence of the developer's incompetence. Enthusiasm from watching games with Quicksilver translating in livestream ekpt me so interested. Not sc2 on its own.


Way to be a buzzkill dude

Also...I'M NESTEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
July 19 2015 01:35 GMT
#27
I've played Starcraft for 17 years or so, now. It's always been a part of my life, and I've never stopped playing it. No matter what new games come out I always find myself starting up Starcraft again. It was like... The Game for me. It was my childhood, I grew up with it, and I still love it now.

It's taught me so much. Not just about strategy and how to win and all the "game things," but also just.. life lessons? Growing up with Starcraft, interacting with people on battle.net, learning how to be more social. Starcraft has always been there and always been a presence as I've grown, I'm not sure how to describe it. The events I've gone to, the people I've met, the friends I've made; I never would've had any of those experiences without Starcraft. I loved this game when I was eight years old and I love it now. I really, truly mean that. It's always been there for me, and I appreciate so much that I've had this game in my life.

It's weird, talking about a game in that sort of context, but it's true.
TheRageNerd
Profile Joined July 2011
Croatia12 Posts
July 19 2015 02:01 GMT
#28
I love sc2 because it transformed me from the little basement nerd I was to the man I am today. I knew nothing about hard work, true passion and real discipline of the mind and the body until I met sc2. It was the first game I started getting serious about and I have learned so much from it, in every aspect imaginable. I had no idea I could push myself as hard as I did with sc2, and it really projected into other areas of my life. I owe my entire graduation to sc2, and I'm not even exaggerating. I learned not to take things too seriously (hence the somewhat-ironic handlebar). I learned to nurture my qualities, take every opportunity I possibly get and to seize every moment. I didn't learn playing sc2. I learned living life. And for that, I can never be grateful enough. But in my own humble words, thank you Blizzard. Thank you for making a remarkable game (even though you should totally bring back the warhounds), for the many hours I've enjoyed playing through ALL of your games (except the Lost Vikings ), and thank you for being there for the community.

Notable mention - I love TL because it was the website that introduced me to the world of eSports, which made me go at it even harder. Also your forums and ridiculously funny most of the time.

Peace.

-long time lurker
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
July 19 2015 02:07 GMT
#29
Been playing StarCraft since 2000 and StarCraft II since 2011. It's the only game I can consistently play and keep coming back to. Even now, when I'm working full-time and using what little free time I have to write my opera, I will always find at least a little bit of time to play and watch StarCraft.

To paraphrase Artosis of a decade ago, where do I go after this? StarCraft III.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
July 19 2015 02:22 GMT
#30


It's weird to like a game so much when you don't even enjoy playing it.. but that's the feeling I got with SC2 :o
I'm 100% sure I would have stopped watching a long time ago if not for Liquipedia and TL... I should blame you for all the time I waste, but I'll thank you for all the people I met ^_^
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
althaz
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1001 Posts
July 19 2015 02:44 GMT
#31


My eldest daughter also used to recognize Huk (but Huk has been replaced with Taylor Swift).
The first rule we don't talk about race conditions. of race conditions is
Adept
Profile Joined December 2009
United States472 Posts
July 19 2015 03:00 GMT
#32
There's so many amazing people in the community, and I'm still just as hyped for the game as I was back when the first gameplay information and announcements started coming in, long before beta! Plus, SC2 is the only thing I've really been to a huge live event for, since IEM did an event in San Jose, and those are some of my best memories ever!
"HSC casting is essentially an LR thread read aloud." -ThomasjServo
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
July 19 2015 03:46 GMT
#33
I love SC2 because it has a great community. It's let me see and meet some amazing people. It's the basis for great events. It let me sit on the same platform as MarineKingPrime.WE in Orlando. It gave me some amazing moments and memories - from being scrub tier Copper to being stoked I got to Gold, laughing hysterically because poor Terry the Intern immortalized my name during an NASL cast with a mispronounciation, watching tense finals when Huk took down MC at MLG Orlando 2011 (same place I got to sit next to MKP), and because without SC2 I would never have tripped over TeamLiquid.net - where I've had some great times.

All of the things that have come out of SC2, for me, have been good memories with wonderful people I either know, admire, or want to applaud for their passion. SC2 has easily been the best return on investment for any entertainment purchase I've made, and even without any investment at times. (ALL THREE BETAS. YEAH!!)
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Estraizher
Profile Joined December 2014
289 Posts
July 19 2015 04:23 GMT
#34
Because this game teaches me that you need PASSION to be able to enjoy it. Watching the no PASSION phase, then back to regaining PASSION, proceeding to lost the PASSION again to some "stone" game, and the PASSION returns back to SC2 anyway.
~
Master of DalK
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Canada1803 Posts
July 19 2015 04:23 GMT
#35
I love StarCraft 2 because it's allowed me to meet so many cool people, make a lot of new friends and provided me an outlet to have fun. I'm not the regular sports guy, and it's really nice to say that I'm good at something, even moderately. I've gotten to travel to many events and have fun.

Along with all of that, it's given to me the chance to do something new and special, compared to the usual ways that people fund and sustain themselves. I've loved the past 5 years with StarCraft 2 (and all of my life with the franchise as a whole). I look forward to where else this wonderful game takes me :D
@MasterDalK | Maelstrom Entertainment | Streaming Every Esport Under the Sun
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
July 19 2015 04:30 GMT
#36
The only game that I really put my time and effort into It's like learning in school but fun and met new and real friends.

I really can't explain it, but by just drag spamming the mining workers it already feels so good lol
AKMU / IU
Rorschach
Profile Joined May 2010
United States623 Posts
July 19 2015 04:33 GMT
#37
Maybe not #1 on twitch but always #1 in my heart!

En Taro Adun, Executor!
Asunanas
Profile Joined April 2011
53 Posts
July 19 2015 05:14 GMT
#38
I love Starcraft 2 because it was a formative game in years in High School. It was the game played during many sleepovers and LAN parties, and really brought us all closer together. Not only did our silly (and in 2010, extremely awful) make us laugh, it made us want to reach higher and higher so that we could one day play at the highest level.

Why I have not reached that level, SC2 is still beautiful and has developed a wonderfully supportive community of people who all love the game and the competition. Even if I can't play as often as I used to, keeping up with the meta and refining my own play style has fills me with a bittersweet feeling.

I'm really grateful that SC2 came into my life, and I can't wait for it to change and grow as LotV comes out. Thanks for all the great times Starcraft 2!

OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
July 19 2015 05:16 GMT
#39
Plexa I think you're talking about Snute vs Classic though
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Carminedust
Profile Joined October 2014
487 Posts
July 19 2015 05:30 GMT
#40
why i love sc2 was staying up all night watching MVP vs Squirtle believing that series would go to game seven even when MVP was up 3-0 and staying up for almost every single nestea game that i could see cause i enjoyed his play so much
Maybe was Zoun only Fan before he retired idk
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 152
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10609
White-Ra 342
Dota 2
monkeys_forever802
NeuroSwarm111
League of Legends
Doublelift5585
JimRising 673
Counter-Strike
fl0m4523
minikerr27
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox774
AZ_Axe172
Other Games
summit1g7762
Maynarde190
KnowMe185
ArmadaUGS94
Mew2King27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick222
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h
Monday Night Weeklies
15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.