• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:40
CEST 14:40
KST 21:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8422 users

Impact leaves Axiom eSports

Forum Index > SC2 General
107 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
olimoley
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States742 Posts
April 24 2015 01:17 GMT
#1
After a a year and a half since joining Axiom, we are sad to announce JunHyuk “Impact” Kim has left Axiom eSports.



Impact, who joined Axiom in October 2013, has chosen to not renew his contract with Axiom in order to seek new opportunities. During his time with Axiom he proved himself a formidable Zerg, both at offline and online events. Just months after joining, the rookie turned heads and took center spotlight at DreamHack Open: Bucharest where he earned 2nd place. Online, Impact continues to be an ambitious contender in many online tournaments such as OlimoLeague and Leifeng Cup since their inception.



The Axiom team house, the place Impact called home during his time on Axiom, and it’s inhabitants are also disappointed to see him leave. “Now we’ll have to divide his chores amongst us. I’ll have to start using less dishes,” stated one team member who wished to remain anonymous, should his or her statements cause the other team members to use an excessive amount of silverware during his or her assigned chore day.



Joking aside, regardless of where Impact may go, Axiom eSports was proud to have him as a part of our team.



"Our time with Impact has been a memorable one,” said team owner TotalBiscuit. “I remember cheering as he achieved the dream he set out to accomplish in the State of Play documentary, defeating his idol Jaedong. I remember watching his streaks in teamleagues and excellent performances, as well as the bad times, when he seemed rough around the edges. Part of being a team owner is sticking by your players through wins and losses, streaks and slumps, giving your players a chance to grow and overcome their obstacles, rather than drop them at the first sign of trouble. I'm proud of what Impact has accomplished while on Axiom and I'm in full support of his decision to seek opportunities in a different kind of training environment. I hope to see him become a champion some day and while I'm sad that while he came close, we couldn't help him achieve that goal while on Axiom, he is a talented player with plenty more years of competition left in him and I hope that he will thrive on whatever team he ends up on. Thanks for all your hard work Impact and thanks for being a member of our family. Best of luck with everything you do in future.”



Impact provided some final parting words to the Axiom community:


“I learned a lot from Axiom during my stay. I will always cheer for Axiom even if I am not there. Please cheer for me as well. Thank you very much for the past year and a half!”




http://www.axiomesports.com/articles/news/axiom-esports/108/Impact-leaves-Axiom-eSports
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Events Manager, Team Liquid - Creator of OlimoLeague
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-24 01:23:55
April 24 2015 01:23 GMT
#2
Wow, this is quite unexpected to me. Can't even imagine seeing Impact in game without Axiom tag, or reading TB comments about him "playing like crap" when he does something stupid.

Good luck Impact, hopefully you will be joining another team soon. Axiom needs a good Zerg now, I wonder if they will sign anybody.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
intense555
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States474 Posts
April 24 2015 01:29 GMT
#3
Didn't expect this at all.
Aspiring Starcraft 2 pro for @mYinsanityEU, follow me on twitter @mYintenseSC
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
April 24 2015 01:32 GMT
#4
Really surprising. I'm not quite sure what seeking new opportunities means in this context. Maybe he wants to play in Proleague? That's the only thing I can think of. Best of luck to Impact and Axiom.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51693 Posts
April 24 2015 01:33 GMT
#5
Whenever a Korean leaves a foreign team, "seeking new opportunities" seems to be the code word for "I want to play in Proleague".
Commentator
Orlok
Profile Joined June 2014
Korea (South)227 Posts
April 24 2015 01:34 GMT
#6
No official reason as to why he left. Its a real shame, I really can't see Impact in another uniform other then the Axiom blue shirt.
Writer"Don't leave me hangin!"
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
April 24 2015 01:34 GMT
#7
Definitely never expected this. Good luck to Impact!
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
KtJ
Profile Joined October 2014
United States3514 Posts
April 24 2015 01:35 GMT
#8
Well thats unexpected, gl impact!
"I thought I destroyed my CC but it seemed like the only thing I destroyed was Idra's mentality."
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
April 24 2015 01:36 GMT
#9
On April 24 2015 10:34 Orlok wrote:
No official reason as to why he left. Its a real shame, I really can't see Impact in another uniform other then the Axiom blue shirt.


"Impact, who joined Axiom in October 2013, has chosen to not renew his contract with Axiom in order to seek new opportunities."

That is the official reason. He was out of contract, requested to leave to pursue other opportunities, so we let him, simple as that.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
April 24 2015 01:41 GMT
#10
Well, I'm curious to see where he goes next.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 24 2015 01:44 GMT
#11
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
April 24 2015 01:45 GMT
#12
On April 24 2015 10:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.


They do. They get a salary and flights which is more than many Koreans get now.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Solar424
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
United States4001 Posts
April 24 2015 01:45 GMT
#13
Back to KeSPA?
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
April 24 2015 01:51 GMT
#14
On April 24 2015 10:45 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 10:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.


They do. They get a salary and flights which is more than many Koreans get now.


Have you guys every considered playing in proleague?
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
April 24 2015 02:01 GMT
#15
On April 24 2015 10:51 Alucen-Will- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 10:45 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.


They do. They get a salary and flights which is more than many Koreans get now.


Have you guys every considered playing in proleague?


pretty sure time and effort commitment wise it would take too much and tie their hands too much
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
andoRRR
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany36 Posts
April 24 2015 02:03 GMT
#16
On April 24 2015 11:01 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 10:51 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:45 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.


They do. They get a salary and flights which is more than many Koreans get now.


Have you guys every considered playing in proleague?


pretty sure time and effort commitment wise it would take too much and tie their hands too much


And I think TB said a few times that they have/had their problems with KeSPA because they are a bit strange when it comes to foreign teams/team owners.
But really surprising that he leaves "his second family". I would love to see him play in Proleague, just hope he gets a good team.
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
April 24 2015 02:03 GMT
#17
On April 24 2015 11:01 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 10:51 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:45 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.


They do. They get a salary and flights which is more than many Koreans get now.


Have you guys every considered playing in proleague?


pretty sure time and effort commitment wise it would take too much and tie their hands too much


Perhaps, but playing in proleague is a big draw for a lot of players as we've seen recently
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
April 24 2015 02:04 GMT
#18
On April 24 2015 11:01 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 10:51 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:45 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.


They do. They get a salary and flights which is more than many Koreans get now.


Have you guys every considered playing in proleague?


pretty sure time and effort commitment wise it would take too much and tie their hands too much


Considering that the changes to WCS have made Korea an impossibly competitive place which has already resulted in multiple retirements, I think assuming there is another season of Proleague it is very likely that we'll be part of it, if only because there is no other way to get exposure in Korea now unless you are the best of the best (and get a good draw in Code A)
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
April 24 2015 02:04 GMT
#19
On April 24 2015 11:03 andoRRR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 11:01 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:51 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:45 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.


They do. They get a salary and flights which is more than many Koreans get now.


Have you guys every considered playing in proleague?


pretty sure time and effort commitment wise it would take too much and tie their hands too much


And I think TB said a few times that they have/had their problems with KeSPA because they are a bit strange when it comes to foreign teams/team owners.
But really surprising that he leaves "his second family". I would love to see him play in Proleague, just hope he gets a good team.


Hm, what do you specifically mean there?
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
April 24 2015 02:06 GMT
#20
On April 24 2015 11:04 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 11:01 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:51 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:45 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm surprised, I thought Axiom players had a pretty good deal. I guess he really wants to join Proleague even if it means not getting a salary.


They do. They get a salary and flights which is more than many Koreans get now.


Have you guys every considered playing in proleague?


pretty sure time and effort commitment wise it would take too much and tie their hands too much


Considering that the changes to WCS have made Korea an impossibly competitive place which has already resulted in multiple retirements, I think assuming there is another season of Proleague it is very likely that we'll be part of it, if only because there is no other way to get exposure in Korea now unless you are the best of the best (and get a good draw in Code A)


guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the current state of SC2 and just remembering something you said like a year ago. good luck, this mean your planning on getting more players?
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1061
WardiTV654
OGKoka 264
Rex142
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
OGKoka 264
Rex 142
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2208
Horang2 1534
Larva 1314
Shuttle 1151
EffOrt 649
BeSt 495
Soma 465
Mini 304
Hyuk 239
Stork 220
[ Show more ]
Light 201
ZerO 184
ggaemo 131
Rush 117
Zeus 116
Killer 78
Barracks 70
Hyun 70
Sea.KH 49
Shine 48
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 28
Shinee 27
Yoon 25
Mong 23
Aegong 23
sorry 21
PianO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Sacsri 14
soO 13
Sexy 12
zelot 11
HiyA 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Dendi1539
qojqva1222
BananaSlamJamma250
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin553
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes339
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1659
B2W.Neo594
hiko543
Lowko421
Sick257
XaKoH 215
Pyrionflax160
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream546
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH290
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2278
Other Games
• WagamamaTV232
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.