• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8146 users

Life joins KT Rolster - Page 31

Forum Index > SC2 General
682 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 35 Next All
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
February 11 2015 23:54 GMT
#601
On February 12 2015 08:47 Shuffleblade wrote:
I like Life, but I don't like this move at all. It makes me upset at Life it makes me upset at KT.

I do not think this automatically translates to better results for KT though, Life has always been a bit hit or miss, before this season he has always underperformed in SPL. What makes everyone think that he is going to keep being a beast, Life has always felt like a person that flowers with some freedom. Maybe KTs establishment isn't going to work for him at all. we don't know.

Secretly (and a bit openly) I'm hoping Life falls off after this. He was my captain for this round and helped me get the best FPL placement I have ever had but what the heck why KT =/


I would have rather seen him go to Samsung, they could use the help.
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 12 2015 00:10 GMT
#602
Regarding the worry that KT might not work out for Life, I wouldn't cry myself to sleep just yet. I posted this in his fan club as well but since some people naturally missed it:

On February 12 2015 03:48 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 21:39 sitromit wrote:
On February 11 2015 21:04 Zealously wrote:
On February 11 2015 19:48 sitromit wrote:
I'm very concerned about his future presence in foreign tournaments. Also, can he handle the strict Kespa discipline? Let's just hope for the best. They must have made him a hell of an offer.

KT have promised that he'll be allowed to practice like he has in the past

Skype insider info? They're giving him a free pass to do whatever he wants?? Oh wow...


He liked Startale (beyond the teammates, that is) so much because they made sure that he was comfortable in practice and so on. It's part of the reason he slumped - the coaching staff didn't really tell him to shape the fuck up until way later than they should have - but also part of the reason he usually does so well. It's his own recipe, one that has worked (for the most part) for 2.5 years, and KT recognize that they'd be fools to change a winning recipe too much.

Naturally, I think we'll see some priority changes - maybe fewer overseas tournaments, maybe more serious qualifier participation - as a result of his joining KT, but I don't think they'll be enormous. I only caught Life for like 4 sentences after the contract was signed, but he seems really giddy, so I think he got a great deal

AdministratorBreak the chains
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
February 12 2015 00:48 GMT
#603
On February 12 2015 09:10 Zealously wrote:
Regarding the worry that KT might not work out for Life, I wouldn't cry myself to sleep just yet. I posted this in his fan club as well but since some people naturally missed it:

Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 03:48 Zealously wrote:
On February 11 2015 21:39 sitromit wrote:
On February 11 2015 21:04 Zealously wrote:
On February 11 2015 19:48 sitromit wrote:
I'm very concerned about his future presence in foreign tournaments. Also, can he handle the strict Kespa discipline? Let's just hope for the best. They must have made him a hell of an offer.

KT have promised that he'll be allowed to practice like he has in the past

Skype insider info? They're giving him a free pass to do whatever he wants?? Oh wow...


He liked Startale (beyond the teammates, that is) so much because they made sure that he was comfortable in practice and so on. It's part of the reason he slumped - the coaching staff didn't really tell him to shape the fuck up until way later than they should have - but also part of the reason he usually does so well. It's his own recipe, one that has worked (for the most part) for 2.5 years, and KT recognize that they'd be fools to change a winning recipe too much.

Naturally, I think we'll see some priority changes - maybe fewer overseas tournaments, maybe more serious qualifier participation - as a result of his joining KT, but I don't think they'll be enormous. I only caught Life for like 4 sentences after the contract was signed, but he seems really giddy, so I think he got a great deal


Thanks for sharing this here too Zealously, sounds good that he seems happy. I'm happy for him and I of course understand that he tries to get the best deal for himself just sad that its KT that offers that best deal from my fan perspective.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
February 12 2015 02:04 GMT
#604
Welp guess I can't be a startale fan anymore. God dammit.
User was warned for too many mimes.
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
February 12 2015 02:40 GMT
#605
why be a startale fan when you can be a KT fan. KT has it all. And look at their uniform. There is no contest
rip passion
RainmanMP
Profile Joined October 2007
United States1699 Posts
February 12 2015 03:28 GMT
#606
I really wish PL was bo7 now.
이영호 FIGHTING! Die Hard KT Rolster and Flash fan.
Xenotolerance
Profile Joined November 2012
United States464 Posts
February 12 2015 03:46 GMT
#607
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.


I miss it I really liked seeing more players, but I also like seeing a more popular proleague, so I cope
www.alonetone.com/xenotolerance
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 07:19:31
February 12 2015 04:09 GMT
#608
kt.Life

Omg this makes me so wet.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 12 2015 04:41 GMT
#609
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
mnck
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1518 Posts
February 12 2015 04:50 GMT
#610
Life deserves only the best, been a fan since him and Taeja were beasting it up in Korean Weekly
@Munck
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37119 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 04:51:21
February 12 2015 04:50 GMT
#611
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7

(P)Creator, (Z)BBoongBBoong, (P)Zoun, (Z)TerrOr, (P)MyuNgSiK, and (T)YoDa would like a word with you.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
sc2isnotdying
Profile Joined June 2014
United States200 Posts
February 12 2015 04:52 GMT
#612
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7


Proleague should remain Bo5, except during SKT vs KT which would be Bo7. Everybody happy!
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 12 2015 04:52 GMT
#613
On February 12 2015 13:50 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7

(P)Creator, (Z)BBoongBBoong, (P)Zoun, (Z)TerrOr, (P)MyuNgSiK, and (T)YoDa would like a word with you.

Creator, Yoda, and four doormats want a word with me? Whatever for?
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37119 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 04:56:08
February 12 2015 04:55 GMT
#614
On February 12 2015 13:52 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 13:50 Seeker wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7

(P)Creator, (Z)BBoongBBoong, (P)Zoun, (Z)TerrOr, (P)MyuNgSiK, and (T)YoDa would like a word with you.

Creator, Yoda, and four doormats want a word with me? Whatever for?

I believe their exact words were, "back off you bully, we're doing the best we can! "
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 12 2015 04:57 GMT
#615
On February 12 2015 13:55 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 13:52 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:50 Seeker wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7

(P)Creator, (Z)BBoongBBoong, (P)Zoun, (Z)TerrOr, (P)MyuNgSiK, and (T)YoDa would like a word with you.

Creator, Yoda, and four doormats want a word with me? Whatever for?

I believe their exact words were, "back off you bully, we're doing the best we can! "

Hey I'm defending Bo5 for them. They need that stuff man
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 12 2015 04:57 GMT
#616
On February 12 2015 13:52 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 13:50 Seeker wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7

(P)Creator, (Z)BBoongBBoong, (P)Zoun, (Z)TerrOr, (P)MyuNgSiK, and (T)YoDa would like a word with you.

Creator, Yoda, and four doormats want a word with me? Whatever for?

Myungsik is ok but it's still not bo7 level depth
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Grizvok
Profile Joined August 2014
United States711 Posts
February 12 2015 05:08 GMT
#617
On February 12 2015 08:31 sc2isnotdying wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 07:58 Grizvok wrote:
On February 12 2015 07:24 VVeForever wrote:
dam I wish he went to SKT instead...

EDIT: or CJ of course


Life going to skt would be incredibly lame. We need to diversify teams and allocate talent over a broader spectrum and not stack one or two teams. That is what makes a great league. I know KT is "stacked" but they need some real fire to push them into contention again and I will be damned if picking up Life doesn't do it.


This isn't really true. EPL, the most popular league in the world has all the talent stacked into the top couple of clubs. NCAA Football and Basketball both have a couple a programs that are consistently stacked with the top talent. The NBA is notoriously top-heavy. And the MLB is at its most popular only when the Yankees are "stacked". Now you might come back at me and argue that popular does not equal good, but I still think there is enough evidence out there that having a league where a couple of teams are "stacked" helps to develop rivalries, dynasties, and underdogs. The three ingredients for a great league.

For the record I think Proleague qualifies. KT/SKT is a fantastic rivalry that just got a little bit better today. That makes the league better, right?


Way more than those things make a good league. Personally I don't give a shit about dynasties or rivalries when it comes to Starcraft. I'm simply in it to see good games and to be honest when it comes down to it proleague is quite good right now EXACTLY BECAUSE 50% of the teams are serious contenders.

Your last sentence doesn't really go against what I'm saying. The person I quoted said they wished Life joined SKT to which I have to reiterate the pretty blatant observation that that move would make the league worse. In no way does SKT need Life...but KT needs some help dearly and a Zerg is perfect. Hence why further stacking of an insanely stacked team isn't good.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 12 2015 05:10 GMT
#618
On February 12 2015 13:57 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 13:52 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:50 Seeker wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7

(P)Creator, (Z)BBoongBBoong, (P)Zoun, (Z)TerrOr, (P)MyuNgSiK, and (T)YoDa would like a word with you.

Creator, Yoda, and four doormats want a word with me? Whatever for?

Myungsik is ok but it's still not bo7 level depth

The problem is you need four wins and even Myungsik was sub 50%
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 12 2015 05:11 GMT
#619
On February 12 2015 14:10 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 13:57 Shellshock wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:52 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:50 Seeker wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7

(P)Creator, (Z)BBoongBBoong, (P)Zoun, (Z)TerrOr, (P)MyuNgSiK, and (T)YoDa would like a word with you.

Creator, Yoda, and four doormats want a word with me? Whatever for?

Myungsik is ok but it's still not bo7 level depth

The problem is you need four wins and even Myungsik was sub 50%

Yeah I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying he's at least a level above B4, Zoun, and TerrOr. I guess you could say technically you only need 3 players that can win because of ace match but that's still a pretty terrible strategy.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Grizvok
Profile Joined August 2014
United States711 Posts
February 12 2015 05:12 GMT
#620
On February 12 2015 14:10 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 13:57 Shellshock wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:52 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:50 Seeker wrote:
On February 12 2015 13:41 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 12 2015 12:28 RainmanMP wrote:
I really wish PL was bo7 now.

The only point of Bo7 PL right now would be so Jin Air, SKT, and KT could play an infinite round robin. No one else has the depth to compete in Bo7

(P)Creator, (Z)BBoongBBoong, (P)Zoun, (Z)TerrOr, (P)MyuNgSiK, and (T)YoDa would like a word with you.

Creator, Yoda, and four doormats want a word with me? Whatever for?

Myungsik is ok but it's still not bo7 level depth

The problem is you need four wins and even Myungsik was sub 50%


And the more he plays the less his shenanigans work.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
ProTech150
FoxeR 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2733
Shuttle 1201
Dewaltoss 80
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
Counter-Strike
taco 386
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox657
Other Games
summit1g7903
WinterStarcraft511
C9.Mang0307
ViBE133
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 22
• StrangeGG 20
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo755
• Stunt267
Other Games
• Shiphtur433
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.