• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:28
CEST 22:28
KST 05:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8000 users

Life joins KT Rolster - Page 29

Forum Index > SC2 General
682 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 35 Next All
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
February 11 2015 19:15 GMT
#561
On February 12 2015 02:02 taeaholic wrote:
I translated his interview with eSports Daily about joining KT Rolster

Show nested quote +
How do you feel about your transfer to KT?
It’s an honour to join one of the oldest and most prestigious teams in programing and winners of last year’s Starcaft 2 Proleague season.

How long had you been discussing the transfer for?
We’ve been discussing it for the past month and I moved into the team house yesterday.

What’s the atmosphere like at the team house? Are there any players you’re already familiar with?
The atmosphere seems good, and since I’m younger than everyone they were very welcoming. I’m familiar with Lee Young-ho (Flash) since everyone called us rivals, and I plan to gradually get to know the rest of the players too.

KT won Proleague last season, but they were unable to reach the playoffs of Round 1 this time.
Actually, I think of their bad results in Round 1 as an opportunity. I’m due to start playing for KT in Proleague from Round 2, and if their results start to improve after that would it not be seen as the effect of me joining them? I’ll work hard so that the team can win a second consecutive Proleague.

KT is seen as having a weak Zerg lineup.
I think that is only true up until Round 1. I will help not only my fellow Zerg players, but also the Terran and Protoss players to achieve impressive results.

Do you think you can halt KT’s recent downward trend?
I’m aware that other than Joo Sung-wook (Zest) KT haven’t been able to win any Starcraft 2 solo leagues in Korea, so I’ve made it my goal to become one more player to have won a solo league in the name of KT.

It seems like you’ll no longer be able to participate in foreign competitions as freely as before.
I need to accommodate for the Proleague schedule, but just like before my thirst for foreign competitions isn’t that big. There are now two solo-leagues in Korea, as well as competitions like the KeSPA Cup etc. which I can participate in, so it looks like as long as I get good results I can still earn WCS points. I know that the association gives you the chance to go play in foreign competitions if you’re chosen as Round MVP in Proleague, so I think I will try to aim for that.

Is there anything else you’d like to say?
I will try my hardest to be a player who lives up to the name of KT.


We won't see Life as much in foreign tournaments anymore, it looks like. Makes me sad.

On the other hand if this makes him train with more focus for GSL and SSL... oh baby!
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 19:18:39
February 11 2015 19:16 GMT
#562
On February 12 2015 04:03 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 03:51 Caihead wrote:
On February 12 2015 03:47 Starecat wrote:
On February 12 2015 00:58 OtherWorld wrote:
On February 12 2015 00:56 Starecat wrote:
This is a terrible atitude from KT and is terrible for competition :/

Let's hope that KeSPA unretard Parting...

Wut? O_o
A player decides not to renew his contract, another team picks him up. As much as I dislike teams giving big money to big players to recruit them, how is this terrible attitude and is terrible for the competition?


"Im not winning... Time to improme my pra-- lolhuehuuhhue let's throw money at the best player of a weak team!!!11!!"

And now ST is weakened and KT improved just because of money (like it was a real life pay to win mmo).

I still cheer to se Flash doing better in individual leagues but man i hope that KT as a team rot in hell and be constantly beaten by Creator.


Lmao where was this vitriol at SKT? Or EG? Or dare I say it TEAMLIQUID?


JAGW?


To be fair, Team 8 deserved some payback for their struggles :p And they got only 2 players, that's not a lot.

KT/SKT of course are biggest spenders historically, there is nothing bad in it.

On February 12 2015 04:15 sitromit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 02:02 taeaholic wrote:
I translated his interview with eSports Daily about joining KT Rolster

How do you feel about your transfer to KT?
It’s an honour to join one of the oldest and most prestigious teams in programing and winners of last year’s Starcaft 2 Proleague season.

How long had you been discussing the transfer for?
We’ve been discussing it for the past month and I moved into the team house yesterday.

What’s the atmosphere like at the team house? Are there any players you’re already familiar with?
The atmosphere seems good, and since I’m younger than everyone they were very welcoming. I’m familiar with Lee Young-ho (Flash) since everyone called us rivals, and I plan to gradually get to know the rest of the players too.

KT won Proleague last season, but they were unable to reach the playoffs of Round 1 this time.
Actually, I think of their bad results in Round 1 as an opportunity. I’m due to start playing for KT in Proleague from Round 2, and if their results start to improve after that would it not be seen as the effect of me joining them? I’ll work hard so that the team can win a second consecutive Proleague.

KT is seen as having a weak Zerg lineup.
I think that is only true up until Round 1. I will help not only my fellow Zerg players, but also the Terran and Protoss players to achieve impressive results.

Do you think you can halt KT’s recent downward trend?
I’m aware that other than Joo Sung-wook (Zest) KT haven’t been able to win any Starcraft 2 solo leagues in Korea, so I’ve made it my goal to become one more player to have won a solo league in the name of KT.

It seems like you’ll no longer be able to participate in foreign competitions as freely as before.
I need to accommodate for the Proleague schedule, but just like before my thirst for foreign competitions isn’t that big. There are now two solo-leagues in Korea, as well as competitions like the KeSPA Cup etc. which I can participate in, so it looks like as long as I get good results I can still earn WCS points. I know that the association gives you the chance to go play in foreign competitions if you’re chosen as Round MVP in Proleague, so I think I will try to aim for that.

Is there anything else you’d like to say?
I will try my hardest to be a player who lives up to the name of KT.


We won't see Life as much in foreign tournaments anymore, it looks like. Makes me sad.

On the other hand if this makes him train with more focus for GSL and SSL... oh baby!


It's not like Life was going full MC/Hyun beforehand.
Considering that we have only 2 big foreign circuits in IEM and Dreamhack with first being open for any Korean player and even second isn't out of question, Life is going to attend probably almost any big event anyway.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Jornada
Profile Joined February 2012
United States223 Posts
February 11 2015 19:17 GMT
#563
Life.... Uhh... Uhhh....

.... Finds a way
www.twitch.tv/jornada28 Master Protoss. Follow me on Twitter for SC2 Updates https://twitter.com/#!/elelvlent
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 19:23:28
February 11 2015 19:22 GMT
#564
I'm worried we won't see Life in as many international events now.

Either way, this is awesome. Hope he wins a GSL soon.
wl4d
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
France103 Posts
February 11 2015 19:29 GMT
#565
Mind blown...

I thought proleague players had a 4 years contract minimum with their team ? Since it's startale first year in proleague, doesn't this apply ? Also, I didn't know it was possible to switch team during a season ?

I don't really see how startale can not be 7th/8th now too...
EffOrt
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
February 11 2015 19:29 GMT
#566
On February 12 2015 04:22 G5 wrote:
I'm worried we won't see Life in as many international events now.

Why? Is there something he hasn't won yet?
don't wall off against random
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
February 11 2015 19:30 GMT
#567
All I believed in is dead.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 11 2015 19:30 GMT
#568
On February 12 2015 04:29 rotta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 04:22 G5 wrote:
I'm worried we won't see Life in as many international events now.

Why? Is there something he hasn't won yet?


He hasn't won an IEM WC yet, but he will have by April
AdministratorBreak the chains
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 11 2015 19:32 GMT
#569
On February 12 2015 04:06 Keeemy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 02:02 taeaholic wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I translated his interview with eSports Daily about joining KT Rolster

How do you feel about your transfer to KT?
It’s an honour to join one of the oldest and most prestigious teams in programing and winners of last year’s Starcaft 2 Proleague season.

How long had you been discussing the transfer for?
We’ve been discussing it for the past month and I moved into the team house yesterday.

What’s the atmosphere like at the team house? Are there any players you’re already familiar with?
The atmosphere seems good, and since I’m younger than everyone they were very welcoming. I’m familiar with Lee Young-ho (Flash) since everyone called us rivals, and I plan to gradually get to know the rest of the players too.

KT won Proleague last season, but they were unable to reach the playoffs of Round 1 this time.
Actually, I think of their bad results in Round 1 as an opportunity. I’m due to start playing for KT in Proleague from Round 2, and if their results start to improve after that would it not be seen as the effect of me joining them? I’ll work hard so that the team can win a second consecutive Proleague.

KT is seen as having a weak Zerg lineup.
I think that is only true up until Round 1. I will help not only my fellow Zerg players, but also the Terran and Protoss players to achieve impressive results.

Do you think you can halt KT’s recent downward trend?
I’m aware that other than Joo Sung-wook (Zest) KT haven’t been able to win any Starcraft 2 solo leagues in Korea, so I’ve made it my goal to become one more player to have won a solo league in the name of KT.

It seems like you’ll no longer be able to participate in foreign competitions as freely as before.
I need to accommodate for the Proleague schedule, but just like before my thirst for foreign competitions isn’t that big. There are now two solo-leagues in Korea, as well as competitions like the KeSPA Cup etc. which I can participate in, so it looks like as long as I get good results I can still earn WCS points. I know that the association gives you the chance to go play in foreign competitions if you’re chosen as Round MVP in Proleague, so I think I will try to aim for that.

Is there anything else you’d like to say?
I will try my hardest to be a player who lives up to the name of KT.

Thanks for the translation!


Important to note in this interview is that Life seems very humbled by the opportunity to join KT. He wasn't the biggest team player on ST, but he seems much more interested in contributing to the team effort on KT. Naturally in part because KT are very focused on Proleague, but from what I can tell he seems genuinely happy to have been given the opportunity to play for a Proleague-winning team.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 11 2015 19:34 GMT
#570
On February 12 2015 04:30 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 04:29 rotta wrote:
On February 12 2015 04:22 G5 wrote:
I'm worried we won't see Life in as many international events now.

Why? Is there something he hasn't won yet?


He hasn't won an IEM WC yet, but he will have by April

no one stays in the upper echelon that long. he'll take a dip in results before then
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
February 11 2015 19:36 GMT
#571
So excited to see Life with Zest, TY, Stats and Flash in Proleague ohmygawd

SC2 passhun restored yo!
Hello
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
February 11 2015 19:42 GMT
#572
Damn. Life being confident as usual in his interviews. :D
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
February 11 2015 19:43 GMT
#573
On February 12 2015 04:32 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 04:06 Keeemy wrote:
On February 12 2015 02:02 taeaholic wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I translated his interview with eSports Daily about joining KT Rolster

How do you feel about your transfer to KT?
It’s an honour to join one of the oldest and most prestigious teams in programing and winners of last year’s Starcaft 2 Proleague season.

How long had you been discussing the transfer for?
We’ve been discussing it for the past month and I moved into the team house yesterday.

What’s the atmosphere like at the team house? Are there any players you’re already familiar with?
The atmosphere seems good, and since I’m younger than everyone they were very welcoming. I’m familiar with Lee Young-ho (Flash) since everyone called us rivals, and I plan to gradually get to know the rest of the players too.

KT won Proleague last season, but they were unable to reach the playoffs of Round 1 this time.
Actually, I think of their bad results in Round 1 as an opportunity. I’m due to start playing for KT in Proleague from Round 2, and if their results start to improve after that would it not be seen as the effect of me joining them? I’ll work hard so that the team can win a second consecutive Proleague.

KT is seen as having a weak Zerg lineup.
I think that is only true up until Round 1. I will help not only my fellow Zerg players, but also the Terran and Protoss players to achieve impressive results.

Do you think you can halt KT’s recent downward trend?
I’m aware that other than Joo Sung-wook (Zest) KT haven’t been able to win any Starcraft 2 solo leagues in Korea, so I’ve made it my goal to become one more player to have won a solo league in the name of KT.

It seems like you’ll no longer be able to participate in foreign competitions as freely as before.
I need to accommodate for the Proleague schedule, but just like before my thirst for foreign competitions isn’t that big. There are now two solo-leagues in Korea, as well as competitions like the KeSPA Cup etc. which I can participate in, so it looks like as long as I get good results I can still earn WCS points. I know that the association gives you the chance to go play in foreign competitions if you’re chosen as Round MVP in Proleague, so I think I will try to aim for that.

Is there anything else you’d like to say?
I will try my hardest to be a player who lives up to the name of KT.

Thanks for the translation!


Important to note in this interview is that Life seems very humbled by the opportunity to join KT. He wasn't the biggest team player on ST, but he seems much more interested in contributing to the team effort on KT. Naturally in part because KT are very focused on Proleague, but from what I can tell he seems genuinely happy to have been given the opportunity to play for a Proleague-winning team.


so... you're saying he is not giving the usual robot trained response???

I must admit I never saw him as a player dedicated to his team, and I even thought he eventually would go the solo route a la Bomber. Glad to know I was wrong! ^.^
Neemi
Profile Joined August 2012
Netherlands657 Posts
February 11 2015 19:45 GMT
#574
On February 12 2015 04:34 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 04:30 Zealously wrote:
On February 12 2015 04:29 rotta wrote:
On February 12 2015 04:22 G5 wrote:
I'm worried we won't see Life in as many international events now.

Why? Is there something he hasn't won yet?


He hasn't won an IEM WC yet, but he will have by April

no one stays in the upper echelon that long. he'll take a dip in results before then


Life did it before, his first streak was October 2012 - March 2013 = 6 Months, November 2014 - April 2015 = 6 months as well. While he did show signs of slowing down, the transfer to KT seemed to have given him a boost in motivation, so I don't think his results will dip soon.
Cute
ukiya2004
Profile Joined March 2014
199 Posts
February 11 2015 20:04 GMT
#575
wow wow wow. I can see KT rolster winning the next round now. All they need is Zest and Life to win win win win win everything. And throw in the occasional Stats too.
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
February 11 2015 20:10 GMT
#576
On February 12 2015 05:04 ukiya2004 wrote:
wow wow wow. I can see KT rolster winning the next round now. All they need is Zest and Life to win win win win win everything. And throw in the occasional Stats too.

Zest has 6-5 and Life 5-4, they better have a stronger plan than hoping they score 3/5 each time
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
February 11 2015 20:21 GMT
#577
On February 12 2015 05:10 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 05:04 ukiya2004 wrote:
wow wow wow. I can see KT rolster winning the next round now. All they need is Zest and Life to win win win win win everything. And throw in the occasional Stats too.

Zest has 6-5 and Life 5-4, they better have a stronger plan than hoping they score 3/5 each time

The plan is to make Flash not suck again.
Flash | Mvp
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 21:01:36
February 11 2015 21:01 GMT
#578
It finally happened.

They finally made it.

The team which cannot be beaten.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
February 11 2015 21:19 GMT
#579
On February 12 2015 06:01 [F_]aths wrote:
It finally happened.

They finally made it.

The team which cannot be beaten.

idk
T1 has 2 of the 3 best terrans atm, Dream and Inno
Classic is still good.
Dark is also very good.

+ if soO comes out of his slump he's also really good.

IMO it's quite even between T1 and KT atm
Favorite players: Gh and Zai
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
February 11 2015 21:36 GMT
#580
On February 12 2015 06:19 Rocket-Bear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 06:01 [F_]aths wrote:
It finally happened.

They finally made it.

The team which cannot be beaten.

idk
T1 has 2 of the 3 best terrans atm, Dream and Inno
Classic is still good.
Dark is also very good.

+ if soO comes out of his slump he's also really good.

IMO it's quite even between T1 and KT atm


Jin Air is going to dethrone them both
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 537
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 100
ZombieGrub66
Nina 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14827
910 70
soO 39
Dota 2
Gorgc6724
monkeys_forever87
canceldota72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3689
Other Games
summit1g1905
fl0m1624
olofmeister908
FrodaN712
Liquid`Hasu340
C9.Mang0193
Livibee190
IndyStarCraft 146
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 13
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• FirePhoenix14
• Michael_bg 4
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2864
• WagamamaTV365
Other Games
• imaqtpie959
• Shiphtur640
• Scarra621
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 32m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 32m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.