• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:00
CEST 20:00
KST 03:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6352 users

Qxc Announces Break From Starcraft After WCS S1 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
84 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
F1rstAssau1t
Profile Joined November 2010
1341 Posts
January 06 2015 02:58 GMT
#41
QXC GSTL all kill, NEVAR FKING FORGET!!

Plz dont leave QXC i would miss you so much TnT.
#1 Kloggmosexual | Gambit 4 lyfe! | DiamondGOD | #iBelieve
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
January 06 2015 03:05 GMT
#42
On January 06 2015 11:58 F1rstAssau1t wrote:
QXC GSTL all kill, NEVAR FKING FORGET!!

Plz dont leave QXC i would miss you so much TnT.


qft

I understand everything you are saying about the game. Friends stop playing. Isn't as fun anymore. More like a job. And I am only someone who plays after work and on weekends.

I'd be sad to see you go but, would like to suggest that maybe you try playing original Starcraft again and see if you can't get just a bunch of enjoyment out of it? Or maybe Warcraft 3 ... or some other RTS. Even a moba I guess. I'd hate to see the skills not put to use somewhere!

Thanks for all of the great games, strats and inspiration. Hope to see you playing again soon after a break, and I'll be pulling for you in WCS s1
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 06 2015 03:06 GMT
#43
I remember the IM all-kill .
AKAvg
Profile Joined April 2014
Brazil298 Posts
January 06 2015 03:37 GMT
#44
Quite reasonable.
One can go on so much without the results s/he expects.
Best of luck to him in LotV
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
January 06 2015 03:40 GMT
#45
QXC was my first pro gamer crush. I can understand his reasons. Every player reaches a point where passion just isn't enough fuel to keep going. But man oh man, QXC been fighting a long time. I truly believe he's one of those players with huge amounts of raw talent and innovation. He's the kind of guy who's untouchable in a beta. We already seen glimpses of it in his LOTV showmatch vs Kas. Good luck in WCS. QXC Fighting!!
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
Antonidas
Profile Joined August 2014
United States105 Posts
January 06 2015 05:03 GMT
#46
I love QXC's analytical commentaries. =D
as long as there is Starcraft, life is good *insert propaganda here*
nottapro
Profile Joined August 2012
202 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-06 05:18:42
January 06 2015 05:15 GMT
#47
On January 06 2015 08:59 alpenrahm wrote:
Btw, he will be remembered for:" you do THE BUILD. yeah and then you follow it up with stim and vikings? - Your followup litteraly is to win the game" -qxc on the infamous 2 tank 8 marine Raven drop in TvT


Haha loved that comment. Infamous. Big fan of QXC used to enjoy watching him stream. It's hard to deny that SC2 isn't very fun right now for whatever reason, but the other side of me that has struggled to master a craft for many years has wondering is he quitting at the wrong point? I know the difference between my passionate moments for my craft and the struggle and frustration and the truth is, I make very little progress when its enjoyable, those are the moments I am in my comfort zone. I didn't start getting good until I realized it was never going to be fun when I was improving, it was just going to feel like work and pain and not in a romantic way, like motivational posters make it seem, in a way that makes you want to find excuses and procrastinate, overeat from the stress of starting, binge, anything but start the painful path your on. I had to find a balance, between hard work and comfort zone work, and the balance is still a struggle and the work still sucks, but if you really want it, you keep pushing.

I also took big breaks though as well, sometimes they are needed and it is a video game, there isn't a huge future in it unless you win big.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
January 06 2015 05:16 GMT
#48
This is the best time for any pro to break from sc2. I wouldn't be surprised if more gamers follow him. I hope many take the opportunity to see family and friends since the game basically gets a reset come beta anyway.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
fenrysk
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States364 Posts
January 06 2015 05:48 GMT
#49
I remember being up at the buttcrack of dawn (US EST) for that GSTL all-kill of IM. I was at the edge of my seat in that final game against MVP.

best of luck, QXC. I look forward to your return in LotV
http://fenrysk-art.deviantart.com
shamas4466
Profile Joined January 2015
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2015-01-06 05:52:09
January 06 2015 05:52 GMT
#50
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 06 2015 06:41 GMT
#51
Sad, one of the biggest staple players of NA season gone for the time being... you can take the player out of starcraft, but you cant take starcraft out of the player...

See you soon Qxc.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
herMan
Profile Joined November 2010
Japan2057 Posts
January 06 2015 06:49 GMT
#52
I feel that it's really frustrating to be a foreign progamer that struggles with results and I for one don't have the mental fortitude to even become a progamer because of the uncertainty it brings with the territory.

Good luck to you sir, I loved your casts last year when things got bland with the same set of casters doing every major event.
RavenSpecter
Profile Joined March 2011
United States11 Posts
January 06 2015 07:59 GMT
#53
I dont post often, but when I saw this, I felt I had to. QXC has been hands down one of my favorite players to watch, both in competition and his stream. I hope he goes far in WCS and changes his mind possibly to stay in SC2. Hes crazy smart and i love to hear the informative, uber descriptive casting from him.
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
January 06 2015 08:17 GMT
#54
Wow, I've been really impressed with his recent run so I was expecting him to really push with the momentum, but I can see why he would want to take a break from the scene too.
Here's to hoping that qxc wins WCS season 1!
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
January 06 2015 08:27 GMT
#55
Blizzard needs to support the game more
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
xtorn
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
4067 Posts
January 06 2015 08:50 GMT
#56
Im disappointed by this but ok -- im respecting the man's decision.
Get that much needed rest qxc, have fun casting and get back in lotv (tbh you're a fantastic analytic caster, i mean literally absolutely amazing, also i miss those qxc player intros).

<3 things - Life | Kane | Innovation | Scarlett | Solar | MMA
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
January 06 2015 09:07 GMT
#57
QXC! I truly hope he comes back for LotV stronger than ever. That guy always impressed me by the way he played and especially by the way he tried to make terran work in completely unconventional ways (notably with ghost and ravens in completely unexpected cases).

Also, never forget IM all-kill
LiquipediaWanderer
Kimb3r
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany744 Posts
January 06 2015 09:11 GMT
#58
SC2 = dying!
Maru | Dark | Zest | Reynor | Scarlett
LongShot27
Profile Joined May 2013
United States2084 Posts
January 06 2015 09:17 GMT
#59
QXC will always be the epitome of the foreigner to me. He's good, and he plays solid but he always ends up making a mistake. He's always relevant, plays in nearly every qualifier and qualifies for some top tier tournaments but always gets knocked out just before the big money. He is constant struggle to be better but can never quite make it to that point, something goes wrong (up 2-0 and crumbles into 3-2, Super far ahead in a TvT but then makes that one blaring mistake). But Damn if he didn't give it his all.
If all men were created equal there would be no reason to declare it.
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
January 06 2015 09:20 GMT
#60
Like I said before, the first game versus Bomber was really close, either way I hope time off of SC2 will help him with the burnout. GLHF!
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM750
TKL 350
TaKeTV 300
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 750
TKL 350
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 155
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 126
UpATreeSC 80
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 812
Mini 404
ggaemo 176
firebathero 161
White-Ra 102
910 52
Shinee 48
Barracks 48
Hyun 45
Shine 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 27
Killer 25
Trap 23
ToSsGirL 20
soO 16
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4145
Counter-Strike
Fnx 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5783
crisheroes1623
Liquid`Hasu1299
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3001
singsing1617
B2W.Neo710
Beastyqt627
ceh9615
ArmadaUGS168
C9.Mang0135
Dewaltoss62
Trikslyr49
KnowMe0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream483
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 15
EmSc2Tv 15
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile120
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2558
• TFBlade866
Other Games
• Shiphtur275
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h
Afreeca Starleague
16h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.