• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:07
CEST 13:07
KST 20:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11691 users

Road to BlizzCon #10 - CJ.herO - WCS 2014 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
59 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Internet trick of the day: F5 to refresh previously blank cards.
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3553 Posts
October 27 2014 11:34 GMT
#41
He's a bit like Polt in that way, rides the wave of glory and sucks everything positive in.

The article mentioned how he often comebacks, I think this is somewhat more what defines him.
There's always struggle, but he just so happens to peservere and even when behind often gets the better read of the rest of the series between him and his opponent.
Even the very "One-sided" sOs series, the Master of Mindgames sOs, gets such a mental edge over herO, but even then he doesn't let it get to him, as much as any other player would. Even in the third game he STILL doesn't scout the proxy position, he even happens to get the read that sOs with his approach to the series in such an aggressive manner, would follow up with 4gate Blink Stalker allin and gets the counter build with fast DT's in.
herO was on the way of one of the often seen comebacks, only sOs changed the approach completely mindgaming the mindgame and taking back the flow of the series in a way that only sOs can.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
SFDuality
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1318 Posts
October 27 2014 12:12 GMT
#42
On October 27 2014 10:54 lichter wrote:
according to aligulac, herO is the first "hero"

HeRoMaRinE is second

HerO is third

I hate you.

And Aligulac.

Try as I might though, I can't dislike herO. Hope he does well at Blizzcon.
HarmFull
Profile Joined October 2014
Netherlands1 Post
October 27 2014 12:28 GMT
#43
Still think TaeJa should be the sun But then again I'M just one person
Just love the game
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
October 27 2014 12:57 GMT
#44
On October 27 2014 19:07 Shuffleblade wrote:
Thanks for this article, it really hit me right in the feels.

When I came back to SC2 a year ago and started following the scene again after about a year break. I found herO and I was furious, whats with this guy stealing the name of HerO?! I totally dislikes herO for almost half a year.

He started growing on me, slowly at first with his play and then came the sOs vs herO match, I was cheering for sOs mostly just to watch the fake herO lose. How I laughed when I saw the proxies but at the last game my smile got stuck in my throat because the face of herO in defeat didn't make me happy like I thought it would. The situation, the proxies the defeat I pitied herO then. Then he lost and I saw the aftermath and what came after? A smiling herO, he walked out of there and, he smiled and he partied and that spirit, that sheer strength of heart blew me away.

That day through his defeat and the way he handled it he made me a fan, he really is like the sun.


I still remember so many idiots who predicted herO would lose his smile with the loss of that final.
herO never loses his smile and its purely genuine as well
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 27 2014 12:58 GMT
#45
On October 27 2014 21:57 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 19:07 Shuffleblade wrote:
Thanks for this article, it really hit me right in the feels.

When I came back to SC2 a year ago and started following the scene again after about a year break. I found herO and I was furious, whats with this guy stealing the name of HerO?! I totally dislikes herO for almost half a year.

He started growing on me, slowly at first with his play and then came the sOs vs herO match, I was cheering for sOs mostly just to watch the fake herO lose. How I laughed when I saw the proxies but at the last game my smile got stuck in my throat because the face of herO in defeat didn't make me happy like I thought it would. The situation, the proxies the defeat I pitied herO then. Then he lost and I saw the aftermath and what came after? A smiling herO, he walked out of there and, he smiled and he partied and that spirit, that sheer strength of heart blew me away.

That day through his defeat and the way he handled it he made me a fan, he really is like the sun.


I still remember so many idiots who predicted herO would lose his smile with the loss of that final.
herO never loses his smile and its purely genuine as well

Yeah. On that note I feel CJ embodies perfectly herO's personality and vice-versa
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
[16thSq] Kuro
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
1221 Posts
October 27 2014 14:16 GMT
#46
On October 27 2014 19:07 Shuffleblade wrote:
Thanks for this article, it really hit me right in the feels.

When I came back to SC2 a year ago and started following the scene again after about a year break. I found herO and I was furious, whats with this guy stealing the name of HerO?! I totally dislikes herO for almost half a year.

He started growing on me, slowly at first with his play and then came the sOs vs herO match, I was cheering for sOs mostly just to watch the fake herO lose. How I laughed when I saw the proxies but at the last game my smile got stuck in my throat because the face of herO in defeat didn't make me happy like I thought it would. The situation, the proxies the defeat I pitied herO then. Then he lost and I saw the aftermath and what came after? A smiling herO, he walked out of there and, he smiled and he partied and that spirit, that sheer strength of heart blew me away.

That day through his defeat and the way he handled it he made me a fan, he really is like the sun.

I never hated herO, I was neutral not knowing him much (I didn't watch the broadcast from IEMs he won, just saw news). But I did think about him as "fake herO" at first too, since I didn't really expect a high level player with the same nickname at the same time.

But then, I went to IEM World Championship and saw that guy on stage and I can tell you that he really radiates that positive energy. The crowd was happy every time he showed up and the more the crowd cheered for him, the more he was having fun and giving more happiness back. And of course, seeing his mastery of Blink Stalkers against HyuN was amazing. It was the time when I just switched race being a bit bored with Protoss and he made me enjoy that race again (to watch at least).
That one event made me a fan of him, he's my favourite proplayer now.
|| SC2 Info Fairy || Co-founder of CranKy Ducklings || All my links: linktr.ee/16thsquadsanseki ||
MasterSmurf
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany30 Posts
October 27 2014 16:25 GMT
#47
On October 27 2014 10:54 lichter wrote:
according to aligulac, herO is the first "hero"

HeRoMaRinE is second

HerO is third


you have to watch out for HeRoMaRinE
@xchamper
psstaa
Profile Joined July 2014
Korea (South)2 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-27 17:10:29
October 27 2014 17:01 GMT
#48
[image loading]
BlackZetsu
Profile Joined October 2014
United States179 Posts
October 27 2014 17:17 GMT
#49
On October 28 2014 02:01 psstaa wrote:
[image loading]


Wow, this is beautiful. Thank you so much for making this.
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
October 27 2014 17:36 GMT
#50
On October 27 2014 21:12 SFDuality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 10:54 lichter wrote:
according to aligulac, herO is the first "hero"

HeRoMaRinE is second

HerO is third

I hate you.

And Aligulac.

Try as I might though, I can't dislike herO. Hope he does well at Blizzcon.

Yeah well, we'll continue existing regardless of your hate.
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
FruitsPunchSamurai
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom87 Posts
October 27 2014 17:45 GMT
#51
On October 27 2014 21:28 HarmFull wrote:
Still think TaeJa should be the sun But then again I'M just one person

I think its funnier if Taeja and San are the lovers .
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 27 2014 17:52 GMT
#52
On October 28 2014 02:45 ThatGuy101 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 21:28 HarmFull wrote:
Still think TaeJa should be the sun But then again I'M just one person

I think its funnier if Taeja and San are the lovers .

TaeJa will probably be something like the Hermit or the moon >.>
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Apoteosis
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile820 Posts
October 27 2014 19:38 GMT
#53
herO reminds me of Dear...

weird, though
Life won like 200k and didn't hire a proper criminal lawyer.
Rikudou
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany151 Posts
October 27 2014 19:40 GMT
#54
can't wait for soO's article! HYPED
Is this real Life? No, it's StartaleLife!!!
cpower
Profile Joined October 2013
228 Posts
October 27 2014 20:14 GMT
#55
On October 27 2014 11:19 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 11:11 Ace Frehley wrote:
The brackets favours him heavily here
Could see him losing to soo or zest but I think these two are knocked out early this tournament


I don't think that herO is heavily favored against Polt. I'm not even sure he's favored at all.

Polt will probably lose to Classic. And yes herO has a very good chance of winning it all. I would say more than 50%. Zest, Taeja are the next contenders.
Nebulem
Profile Joined May 2014
71 Posts
October 27 2014 23:42 GMT
#56
Taeja has to beat soO first.
t.(-.-)z
Kimb3r
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany744 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-28 02:01:32
October 28 2014 01:49 GMT
#57
Seriously.. I bet 10€ that this guy wins Blizzcon. He will finally do it. He is one of the best players in this world, playing fantastically for months and years.. The only thing he lacks is a big championship! I bet he is training right now like hell to show the world what's in him!

Edit: The article consists of so many "smiles".. herO is skill-wise top5 in this world, playing consistently and showing awesome results, would it be Proleague-style matches or international tournaments. He is a smiling assassin, yeah, but he is more an assassin than a smiling person. Everyone who is going to face herO will be in fear, because he is an awesome player, and he is training like hell for this tournament I imagine. I am going to cheer for this guy as hell, and I think his determination and concentration will not fail him. He is no Dear, definitely not, he is with Zest one of the best Protosses in this world. Different than Classic or Rain, he has shown us in 2014 that you can always count on him - and on his consistency.
Maru | Dark | Zest | Reynor | Scarlett
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 01 2014 22:09 GMT
#58
THE SMILE WILL LIVE ON
AdministratorBreak the chains
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
November 01 2014 22:16 GMT
#59
AIN'T NOTHING THAT'S GONNA KEEP herO DOWN
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
November 02 2014 19:26 GMT
#60
herO, keep smiling!
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings99
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko207
ProTech132
SHIN 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3759
Hyuk 1175
Mind 954
Shuttle 862
Bisu 786
Larva 631
Mini 178
Soma 130
EffOrt 118
Leta 106
[ Show more ]
Last 105
firebathero 94
Zeus 88
Hyun 74
ZerO 63
Pusan 60
sorry 42
PianO 41
Sexy 38
Hm[arnc] 37
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 31
Bale 31
Aegong 22
yabsab 15
hero 13
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe654
XaKoH 459
Dendi0
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1439
Other Games
gofns34610
singsing2272
B2W.Neo306
crisheroes293
OGKoka 201
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS63
Livibee51
ZerO(Twitch)5
DeMusliM2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• Gemini_19 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8444
League of Legends
• Jankos1508
• Stunt848
Other Games
• WagamamaTV9
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 53m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 53m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.