• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:24
CEST 02:24
KST 09:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7861 users

Road to BlizzCon #10 - CJ.herO - WCS 2014 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
59 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Internet trick of the day: F5 to refresh previously blank cards.
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
October 27 2014 03:19 GMT
#21
On October 27 2014 12:01 banjoetheredskin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 11:38 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
For an article that is largely devoted to Hero smiling, I think it's hilarious that the photograph used for the revolving cards at the bottom of the article does not show him smiling.

EDIT: And right below grinning Jaedong too.


better?

Photo cred: ESL's Youtube. Hyun vs herO, IEM Katowice Ro16 Game 4 on Polar Night. Awesome game if you haven't seen it


Yeah. The banner image is great too, which is the one that really relates to the article. I just thought it was a funny detail.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
October 27 2014 03:23 GMT
#22
On October 27 2014 12:08 Zenbrez wrote:
I think they're going to release soO's preview second last.


Of course!~~

herO will beat MC...3-1

If I had to pick one player to win this Blizzcon its Zest. Pick 2: Zest or Inno, Pick 3: Zest, Inno or herO.

that is how good herO is...top 3 for sure yeah??
iTzSnypah
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1738 Posts
October 27 2014 03:30 GMT
#23
Too much graveling. So many run-on sentences. Seriously the last sentence in the article is 50 freaking words long. You don't have to use every adjective to describe something.
Team Liquid needs more Terrans.
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 27 2014 03:42 GMT
#24
I think herO is gonna do really well. At least I hope he does. I predict a Zest/herO finals.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 27 2014 04:01 GMT
#25
On October 27 2014 12:42 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I think herO is gonna do really well. At least I hope he does. I predict a Zest/herO finals.

Poor herO's gonna get second to a protoss again?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
October 27 2014 04:16 GMT
#26
On October 27 2014 13:01 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 12:42 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I think herO is gonna do really well. At least I hope he does. I predict a Zest/herO finals.

Poor herO's gonna get second to a protoss again?


In his dreams.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
October 27 2014 04:55 GMT
#27
I like herO, but I didn't find this article as compelling as 8 of the other 9. It just didn't seem to go anywhere, or get me particularly excited about the coming tourney.

Needless to say, I'm excited for Blizzcon regardless. Just this article didn't do much to enhance that.
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
Mahanaim
Profile Joined December 2012
Korea (South)1002 Posts
October 27 2014 05:21 GMT
#28
Thanks for another amazing write-up.
Celebrating Starcraft since... a long time ago.
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
October 27 2014 06:25 GMT
#29
On October 27 2014 12:01 banjoetheredskin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 11:38 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
For an article that is largely devoted to Hero smiling, I think it's hilarious that the photograph used for the revolving cards at the bottom of the article does not show him smiling.

EDIT: And right below grinning Jaedong too.


better?

Photo cred: ESL's Youtube. Hyun vs herO, IEM Katowice Ro16 Game 4 on Polar Night. Awesome game if you haven't seen it


When they started talking about herO's smile that was the first image that popped in my mind. Just such a rare moment to see a progamer actually enjoying the game *in the moment* as opposed to after the GG / series.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 27 2014 06:43 GMT
#30
herO should definitely have a good chance at winning blizzcon with his bracket
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-27 07:22:00
October 27 2014 07:21 GMT
#31
ladies and gentlemen, your finalist
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
AKAvg
Profile Joined April 2014
Brazil298 Posts
October 27 2014 08:07 GMT
#32
Sucks that herO will go against the boss first, but I do want he to go all the way.

On October 27 2014 12:08 Zenbrez wrote:
I think they're going to release soO's preview second last.


That's cold =/
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
October 27 2014 08:09 GMT
#33
Things that happened as a result of this article:

1. I watched herO vs Hyun at IEM Katowice. Game 4 was great, but game 5 really took the cake. The multitasking herO had to conjure up to control his Blink all-in Stalkers and his Forcefielding defensive Sentries at literally the same time was genuinely, strikingly impressive.

2. I have become a a fan of herO as a result, which is an idea I've never toyed with in the past.

3. While watching Hyun's Overlord guarding herO's main, I thought, "Oh my god, what if herO had a proxy Nexus somewhere and recalled his Immortals to it without giving Hyun 40-60 seconds of walking distance to prepare for the all in?! What if other Protoss did that?! All the time?!?!"

4. I googled this gloriously evil strategy to see if it's ever been attempted before and it has!!! Billowy did it against Symbol in Code A!!!

5. I realized that even I have the capacity for horrendous bullshit crimes against humanity.

This has been a very dramatic evening for me. I'd like to thank Zealously for being indirectly responsible for my journey of cosmic warfare and self discovery. I must now come to terms with all these new feelings.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Rescawen
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland1028 Posts
October 27 2014 08:31 GMT
#34
he is gna go far this time!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 27 2014 09:35 GMT
#35
Seriously TL writers, you need to start writing bad previews for BlizzCon, because me thinking "Omg this article is amazing, it's one of the best I've read this year" everytime you publish one is starting to get repetitive (;
Excellent article, I feel like this extract really express why herO is one of my favorite player :

...what strikes me as a desire to win for the sake of victory and the sheer joy that victory gives him. The smile that rarely leaves him might indicate a satisfaction, a being happy with simply having come this far, but that would be an unfair representation. There is more to him than that, a singular dedication to his goals no weaker than that of Zest or Rain. He smiles as he plays Starcraft on a level very few can match, and keeps smiling as he piles one achievement upon another, but it is not the kind of smile that would be cocky on the lips of others. When faced with adversity, herO will clench his teeth but eventually, inevitably, emerge on the other side, unscathed. Perhaps adversity is what has taught herO never to surrender in the face of defeat, and to celebrate all the more when he wins.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
October 27 2014 10:04 GMT
#36
herO has my blessing to win Blizzcon .
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
October 27 2014 10:05 GMT
#37
--- Nuked ---
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
October 27 2014 10:07 GMT
#38
Thanks for this article, it really hit me right in the feels.

When I came back to SC2 a year ago and started following the scene again after about a year break. I found herO and I was furious, whats with this guy stealing the name of HerO?! I totally dislikes herO for almost half a year.

He started growing on me, slowly at first with his play and then came the sOs vs herO match, I was cheering for sOs mostly just to watch the fake herO lose. How I laughed when I saw the proxies but at the last game my smile got stuck in my throat because the face of herO in defeat didn't make me happy like I thought it would. The situation, the proxies the defeat I pitied herO then. Then he lost and I saw the aftermath and what came after? A smiling herO, he walked out of there and, he smiled and he partied and that spirit, that sheer strength of heart blew me away.

That day through his defeat and the way he handled it he made me a fan, he really is like the sun.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
SelimSC
Profile Joined March 2014
Turkey39 Posts
October 27 2014 10:52 GMT
#39
Only three of the animated card backs are working still.
Life always finds a way.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 27 2014 10:53 GMT
#40
On October 27 2014 19:52 SelimSC wrote:
Only three of the animated card backs are working still.

Did you CTRL-F5?
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings90
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 978
ZZZero.O 137
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift4530
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g10596
JimRising 716
C9.Mang0275
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP103
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 36m
Replay Cast
22h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.