• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9625 users

ChanmanV Retires - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
158 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
August 20 2014 08:25 GMT
#101
I can't imagine anyone taking Chanman's place. Many people criticized him for his hosting, but I think he was a natural. I started off watching Unfiltered for the Starcraft content and by the time he switched the focus to include other games and brought on colorful characters like Richard Louis to co-host I was hooked. I'm completely uninterested in other games besides sc2, but his brilliant presentation made unfiltered a joy to listen to every week. Sadly, all good things come to an end.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
August 20 2014 08:30 GMT
#102
Sad. I enjoyed just tuning into Unfilitered and see you guys shoot the shit while I did something else at the same time. GL whatever you do.
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
Mekare
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany393 Posts
August 20 2014 08:40 GMT
#103
What? O.O I didn't see this coming at all. Went to bed before the show was over yesterday, had no clue that the promised announcement would be such a shocker
Really sad to see this happen, I loved his shows a lot, especially Unfiltered. The Chanman-Destiny combo is the absolute best. <3

Thanks for everything, Chanman! Best of luck in the future ^^
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-20 08:47:12
August 20 2014 08:46 GMT
#104
What, are you serious? Unfiltered was soo awesome. Easily best/most entertaining show.

Why even mention the reddit "scandal", who even cares about such crap when the show is deserves ten times the viewer numbers

Saddest announcement for sc2 in years.
England will fight to the last American
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
August 20 2014 09:44 GMT
#105
Grab IM and do a huge deadman's party, Chanman! Didn't watch your shows, and I said "godspeed" already earlier, but you always seemed to be a well mannered, nice person. And wut, you're almost 40?! Go play some videogames and actually have fun now!
Timmsh
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands201 Posts
August 20 2014 09:45 GMT
#106
Wow this is sad....
Rokevo
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1033 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-20 09:56:39
August 20 2014 09:48 GMT
#107
Fuck... Sad to hear this. I've watched every episode, and unfiltered really filled the void that sotg left when that ended.

Like sotg, it was something I looked forward to watching every week, but all good things come to an end I guess. I hope this won't be the end of Destiny/Richard in talk shows, would be cool to see them continue doing them, maybe start up a new one together.

Thanks for the good times Chris and glhf in life!

RIP ChanmanV + The Chan reddit alt bloodline
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
August 20 2014 10:30 GMT
#108
I really enjoyed watching unfiltered every week for the past year or so. Ever since shows like SOTG, ITG, meta slowed down or ended it was one of the few places where you could hear a legit discussion about important issues.

Hopefully Richard/Destiny will continue podcasting so that we can all continue to hear their thoughts going forward.
"See you space cowboy"
Teodice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden641 Posts
August 20 2014 10:30 GMT
#109
I´ve watched so much of your shows Chanman and its has been a blast. I myself have tried to host shows only one time a week but it takes so much time. Preparing the content, inviting guests, keeping it all interesting and having to handle all the different stuff that always happens.

You did the right choice and I hope that we´ll see more of you in the future. Also a honor meeting you at Dreamhack Summer this year.

All the best!
You will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not
cYaN
Profile Joined May 2004
Norway3322 Posts
August 20 2014 10:34 GMT
#110
damnit.... this sucks. Get fewer and fewer podcasts to listen to. Need someone to step up^^
Strela
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands1896 Posts
August 20 2014 12:17 GMT
#111
On August 20 2014 11:05 OhDearGod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2014 10:53 Strela wrote:
Why are so many ppl sad about this news? I could understand it if it was some honest guy who has integrity but chanman has none of that.


I'm not even gonna.

Yes I can understand it sucks when people leave the scene and we lose shows but I rather have a smaller community build with people that have actual values.
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
August 20 2014 12:19 GMT
#112
NOOOOOO. I need Unfiltered. It's the only e-sports news and gossip show I like. This really sucks.

But well, thanks Chanman for the awesome show. Good look in the future.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
August 20 2014 13:03 GMT
#113
On August 20 2014 21:17 Strela wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2014 11:05 OhDearGod wrote:
On August 20 2014 10:53 Strela wrote:
Why are so many ppl sad about this news? I could understand it if it was some honest guy who has integrity but chanman has none of that.


I'm not even gonna.

Yes I can understand it sucks when people leave the scene and we lose shows but I rather have a smaller community build with people that have actual values.


you seem to know chanman very well, or you're just really the best judge of character on the internet
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
D-light
Profile Joined April 2012
Finland7364 Posts
August 20 2014 13:07 GMT
#114
Thank you Chanman for every single episode of unfiltered. Will miss you and the show very much.

Good luck in the future whatever you decide to do.
why even
robson1
Profile Joined March 2013
3632 Posts
August 20 2014 13:46 GMT
#115
sooo sad about this.
Genius is that funny scientist who no one takes seriously until he kills you with a flame throwing trumpet. - stuchiu 2013
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-20 14:52:00
August 20 2014 14:50 GMT
#116
I think I probably caught every episode of Unfiltered, too bad it's gone.

And in my interactions with Chanman he was always very nice.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Aber
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden332 Posts
August 20 2014 14:58 GMT
#117
wow.. this guys has done tons for the community sad to see him go
Trying is the first step towards failure
Cazimirbzh
Profile Joined February 2014
334 Posts
August 20 2014 16:04 GMT
#118
LOL? i watch Unfilitered couple of days ago, seems to be an "average" show, i was going to give it a try, guess i am too late
bad for US community ...?
Broodwurst
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1586 Posts
August 20 2014 16:57 GMT
#119
Bummer, he's the perfect guy to run shows like that.
Good luck in all your future endeavours, you deserve it Channelman <3
Fanboys = (ウ╹◡╹)ウ /// I like smiley faces
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
August 20 2014 17:02 GMT
#120
Thanks for everything you've contributed to esports Chanman and good luck sir.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 45m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 45m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.