• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:18
CEST 07:18
KST 14:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10529 users

Balance Interviews of Korean Pros (GSL + IEM)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
July 26 2014 07:41 GMT
#1
This is a compilation of multiple interviews from GSL Season 3 Code A, Qualifiers, and IEM. The questions and answers are picked because they focus on the players’ opinion on the new balance changes. As always, it is important to note about the things that lost during the two translation processes.

[image loading]

Bbyong
Q: The widow mine is buffed. What’s your thought?

Bbyong: I am really graceful to this. I need to take this chance really well and go all out with it (smile). Please watch me in this Code S.

Q: Recently, you use mech very often [Translator: referring to Bbyong’s mech TvP three times in a row against Classic, Parting, and Rain in SPL]. Is there any special reason for this?

Bbyong: I like mech as always, cuz I don’t really prefer bio strategies. Today my mech build did not work out, which makes me a little sad. But the widow mine is buffed, so I will have to use some bio builds in the future (smile).

Q: Any last words?

Bbyong: Parting used to say that mech is not viable. And he also said that Gangnam-style Terran [What is Gangnam-style Terran?] does not work against him. But turned out he was brutally beaten by my Gangnam-style Terran. This time, I will make him have even worse memory. If there is such chance, I will beat him with mech (smile).

[image loading]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[image loading]
Innovation

Q: The hellbat was buffed. Can we anticipate the comeback of the age of Innovation?

Innovation: That buff is not really a buff. But I indeed play better than before.

Q: Do you have pressure in TvP late-game?

Innovation: Totally not. I have confidence in my late-game. It’s only that it was not the plan today.

Q: You like mines, so you’re gonna be really happy about the mine buff, right?

Innovation: When I was good in TvZ, I used mine a lot. It’s an interesting unit. If mine is buffed, TvZ will be easier. I am looking forward to this season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[image loading]
MMA + Taeja + Innovation

Q: Recently Terran has been weak. People think that only Taeja can beat Protoss. What do you think?

Taeja: I can’t beat Protoss. The burden is on Innovation (smile).

MMA: I am famous for being weak in TvP. My TvP used to be bad as well.

Innovation: Protoss is really strong, especially in TvP. Beating a top Protoss is pretty difficult.

Q: Taeja, you have been having great results but people think if you go back to Korea, you will be unable to obtain good results. What do you think?

Taeja: It’s true. I am only good at short-term tournaments. Tournaments like GSL don’t’ fit me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[image loading]
Flash

Q: They announced a proposed Terran buff patch. But it looks like Terran has been weak recently.

Flash: It's good to have some more Terran buffs. But Terran has some fundamental problems. It becomes very weak after mid-game. Probably the game designer wants to make Terran an early-game race. Patch is good but I don't really care about this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[image loading]
Trap

Q: Any last words?

Trap: I am usually not the one who complain about balance. But the widow mine buff is not necessary. They should give us more time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[image loading]
Parting

Q: What’s your opinion of the new maps?

Parting: Well, even I can make better maps than these. The distance is really close -- Zerg could probably just die. It seems like Blizzard’s employees were not working well. The balance on Catallena is completely broken.

Q: So do you think the map should be changed?

Parting: The paths on Deadwing are just wrong. They should adjust this by changing spawning locations. Catallena should just be removed. There is nothing to talk about Nimbus either. After the Terran buff, this farce will be even worse. Although it’s just my personal opinion, I really think the maps’ balance is seriously broken. I hope they fix this soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[image loading]
sOs

Q: Any last words?

sOs: Recently everyone is discussing about balance. Especially, Protoss players are very upset about the new maps. But the maps are out for a very short time. I hope everyone does some researches on them.

Also, Parting has shown some colossus-stalker pressure build recently. After you watch his game, it feels that map is actually not that important.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[image loading]
Effort:

Q: You could have won in the winner’s match but your opponent came back. What happened?

Effort: First, it’s my mistake. Second, Protoss imba (smile).


Source:
http://s.163.com/14/0725/18/A215OJQE00314Q8T.html
http://s.163.com/14/0725/16/A20UUN7D00314Q8T.html
http://s.163.com/14/0725/14/A20NSBK900314Q8T.html
http://s.163.com/14/0724/10/A1TOVVEP00314Q8T.html
http://s.163.com/14/0718/14/A1EN0G7Q00314Q8T.html
http://s.163.com/14/0720/21/A1KI7UM900314Q8T.html
http://s.163.com/14/0702/18/A05SQRCU00314Q8T.html
niggatron
Profile Joined July 2014
Kenya8 Posts
July 26 2014 07:52 GMT
#2
--- Nuked ---
Pino
Profile Joined June 2013
1032 Posts
July 26 2014 08:01 GMT
#3
Haha i love the joke from Effort
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
July 26 2014 08:15 GMT
#4
Q: What’s your opinion of the new maps?

Parting: Well, even I can make better maps than these. The distance is really close -- Zerg could probably just die. It seems like Blizzard’s employees were not working well. The balance on Catallena is completely broken.


alright parting, I hereby challenge you to make a new map =p
"Not you."
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
July 26 2014 08:32 GMT
#5
I laughed at Parting's part, because I totally expected him to say that. :D

Taeja saying what many people were arguing about that GSL like tournament doesn't suit him.

Overall nothing special, few short answers from pros but it is always nice to see their opinion on the game, even if it is short. I hope that this patch is going to shake a meta a little bit, and I agree with Flash, Blizzard really needs to change design of some units in the LotV.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
July 26 2014 08:47 GMT
#6
Thanks for translating.
Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
July 26 2014 09:22 GMT
#7
FlaSh looking like such a boss in that photo!
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
July 26 2014 09:27 GMT
#8
Parting's answers are good. Other interviews aren't really worth reading.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
July 26 2014 10:03 GMT
#9
sOs the only one not whining and FlaSh with the "I don't give a fuck" stance :p
Zest fanboy.
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
July 26 2014 12:04 GMT
#10
Lol, Parting is really trying hard to stand out as a whiner?
maru G5L pls
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3560 Posts
July 26 2014 12:12 GMT
#11
Loved effort's answer :p

And Parting's and Bbyong's too!
Horang2 fan
Nebulem
Profile Joined May 2014
71 Posts
July 26 2014 12:25 GMT
#12
Taeja, Innovation, MMA, and Flash ! Terran Hype !
t.(-.-)z
SHODAN
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom1162 Posts
July 26 2014 13:05 GMT
#13
FlaSh telling it like it is.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
July 26 2014 13:21 GMT
#14
EffOrt lol :D
The Bomber boy
coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
July 26 2014 15:49 GMT
#15
As soon as I saw the map deadwing I knew it was the absolute worst map in seasons, glad parting things the same way.
Hunta15
Profile Joined April 2014
United States81 Posts
July 26 2014 15:57 GMT
#16
On July 26 2014 21:04 neptunusfisk wrote:
Lol, Parting is really trying hard to stand out as a whiner?



He was talking more of a Zerg point of view. Which makes me think that players like Soulkey and soO are whining about it in the team-house.
Xinzoe
Profile Joined January 2014
Korea (South)2373 Posts
July 26 2014 16:07 GMT
#17
it makes sense. taeja wins foreign tournaments cuz his mechanics are rank 1 in the world. in WCS it gives time for opponent to figure him out (pigbaby)
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
July 26 2014 16:17 GMT
#18
It's interesting to see the different reactions to the fact that Blizzard seems determined to force Terrans to play bio or 4M. Flash doesn't seem to like the way Blizzard keeps buffing the Terran mid-game instead of the late game. Byong basically said this patch will push him to abandon his mech play because bio is even stronger now. Innovation seems to be the only one of them who is really happy.
darkscream
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2310 Posts
July 26 2014 16:18 GMT
#19
"Hey terrans, we buffed you, what you think?"

"I'm grateful, I'll use it"
"I used it before, and I was gonna use it anyway"
"Protoss still OP"
"Hey I just won a bunch of stuff but I'd like to remind you that I sometimes don't win also"
"David Kim wants me to rush so i don't care"


"Hey protoss, what do you think?"

"Why do we have to deal with widow mines now too?"
"I'm just thinking about my 2base all-ins vs zerg on these hilarious maps, woo woo"
"Nah guys these maps are fine $$$"


"Well, we have one zerg, what do you think?"
"I lost because of my own mistake but also protoss OP."


Interesting showing of personalities there.
gneGne
Profile Joined June 2007
Netherlands697 Posts
July 26 2014 16:54 GMT
#20
Funnily, it seems only Innovation is confident in his TvP late game. Or was this bluff, since he actually kept trying to defeat Protoss early in his last matches?
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings139
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 171
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 321
soO 242
BeSt 227
sorry 45
Mind 29
Bale 18
Terrorterran 17
yabsab 9
ZergMaN 9
Noble 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever845
League of Legends
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
taco 384
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King166
Other Games
summit1g9595
Maynarde200
RuFF_SC2104
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick500
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH351
• Hupsaiya 107
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2155
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 42m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.