• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:52
CEST 06:52
KST 13:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9966 users

Scarlett wins Red Bull Battle Grounds: North America - Pag…

Forum Index > SC2 General
79 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Killmo
Profile Joined October 2011
China82 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-19 23:39:25
June 19 2014 23:36 GMT
#21
On June 20 2014 08:28 Drake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2014 08:02 Killmo wrote:
I didn't know that anyone on earth could go 6-1 against Polt. I mean, Polt wasn't on fire or anything, but he certainly didn't seem to be off of his game to me. Was just an amazing performance from Scarlett.


its just that his tvz just isnt his strongest mu, and thats all he can bring for that.
scarlett is just an amaaaazing zvt player

Polt's worst matchup is TvZ, but that is only because his TvP and TvT are insane. I was just thinking that if you put soO or Soulkey against Polt, they would end up winning with something more like a 6-2 or 6-3.. But maybe I am wrong.

EDIT: I worded that extremely horribly before.
kaykoose
Profile Joined February 2014
United States2302 Posts
June 19 2014 23:40 GMT
#22
Grats to Scarlett. And thanks to Red Bull for an awesome event
Liquid`Zephyr
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States996 Posts
June 19 2014 23:42 GMT
#23
geez. hail scarlett
Team LiquidPoorUser
InExcelsis
Profile Joined May 2013
United States38 Posts
June 19 2014 23:47 GMT
#24
Scarlett played out of her mind in these series well done and well deserved beating Polt in 3 best of 3's in a row is no small feat
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
June 19 2014 23:50 GMT
#25
Wow I have a whole new respect for Scarlett. I know she is good, but sometimes she performs underwhelming. However, this time it was total domination. Losing only one map, but destroying Polt in all others nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Although I was rooting for Polt, I am deeply impressed by Scarlett today.

I hope she can keep this kind of performance in her next tournament.
pichoo
Profile Joined May 2014
Australia123 Posts
June 19 2014 23:54 GMT
#26
Scarlett maybe the best TvZ foreigners having beaten polt, bomber, Maru and sometimes Taeja, but the not really against other zerg and toss. But still I feel she improved so much these days. Hope she can win major tournament soon, would be a blast.

Not so surprise with the result. But like she says though, Polt reluctant to harass early game with Hellbat timing. I guess he's a bit late in practicing the build.
scribe123456
Profile Joined April 2011
United States43 Posts
June 19 2014 23:56 GMT
#27
Congratz Scarlett. I am a big fan, but I have to say Puckpalooza was what made the tournament for me!
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
June 20 2014 00:00 GMT
#28
Wow. Polt is my hero but 6 - 1 in Scarletts favor is seriously impressing. Great work Scarlett
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
June 20 2014 00:00 GMT
#29
Scarlett is quite good, that is an impressive feat!
iViNtaGe
Profile Joined July 2012
United States254 Posts
June 20 2014 00:48 GMT
#30
Poltuuu!
Favorite Players: Bomber | Maru | Life | PartinG | InnoVation | Bbyong
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
June 20 2014 00:56 GMT
#31
I can't wait for the vods. I hope they release replays, so I can study the shit out of these games.

I wonder why Polt didn't try to mix in early hellbat pressure though. I assume he had enough time to test these changes (a week at least I think) but who knows. Maybe he wasn't entirely confident with them, so decided to stick to his trusty arsenal of terran trickery.
Iodem
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1173 Posts
June 20 2014 01:03 GMT
#32
I think they need to take another look at the format for this. I think it's unfair that Puck won more series than HuK, MajOr, and Violet, but didn't get any prize money.

Grats to Scarlett
If you don't like it, you can quit.
Kenthros
Profile Joined August 2012
United States95 Posts
June 20 2014 01:09 GMT
#33
Awesome TvZ play loved it. grats to scarlett love watching her play.
Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
June 20 2014 01:52 GMT
#34
Id be interested if its possible to calculate the odds of winning for this tournament format.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
June 20 2014 01:53 GMT
#35
Polt should maybe have tried to mix it up, with some early cheese, proxys, or Gangnam Style Terran (float to gold) etc

not saying he would have taken a game off the BEST FOREIGNER, but atleast it wouldnt have made it so easy for the BEST FOREIGNER to read his moves every game
ANGELIAS1234
Profile Joined September 2011
United States46 Posts
June 20 2014 02:05 GMT
#36
where are the vods at?
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
June 20 2014 02:13 GMT
#37
Oh I know I want the vods so badly. did you watch any of them Angelias1234? If not, I suggest you start with game 2 of the second set.

Both of them played absolutely brilliant in that game, but also made mistakes.

It goes in my top 10 tvz matches to watch in 2014.

Lol you could put all 7 games in that list also!
Souldrinkah
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden48 Posts
June 20 2014 02:15 GMT
#38
Scarlett has legionnaire level macro
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-20 02:22:50
June 20 2014 02:18 GMT
#39
I think Polt didn't trust the hellbat just yet, so decided to stick to the bread and butter. He played it almost perfect in every game, but Scarlett seemed to be one step ahead most of the time.

I think Scarlett really studied Polt's game. She attacked several times just before 1/1 or 2/2 of Polt. She knew exactly when his upgrades would finish.

And her timings on the harass with those mutas!

Holy crap she poked every base with those mutas, and usually picked off 1-3 scv before backing away.

These seven games deserves to be studied lol, and I want to write part of it.

Edit-Also how many medivacs she picked off in mid-air! It made mutas look op vs terran. She shut down the drops most of the time.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
June 20 2014 02:20 GMT
#40
It should also be mentioned that those were 7 long, intense, macro-as-FUCK games! Scarlett admitted in her winners interview that she's pretty bad at holding off heavy early game aggression in TvZ but she expected to win because she knew Polt avoided that kind of play style in his TvZ.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings133
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 207
hero 166
sorry 42
Mind 27
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1024
League of Legends
JimRising 722
Counter-Strike
taco 482
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
summit1g9850
Maynarde193
RuFF_SC2147
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick479
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• Hupsaiya 124
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2104
League of Legends
• Rush1197
• Stunt264
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 8m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.