• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:40
CEST 23:40
KST 06:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8476 users

Solar received an offer to fix a game. - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
254 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Siphyo
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands121 Posts
May 17 2014 10:24 GMT
#181
Shocking!
HSY - KMK - Hyomin - Yoona - Sojin | NesTea - DRG - Puzzle - Bomber - NANIWA
Perfi
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Poland349 Posts
May 17 2014 10:25 GMT
#182
On May 17 2014 19:07 FireCake wrote:
Hi guys,

My first reaction to this drama was "lol".
But I fear that if Stabillo (my manager at PunchLine) took the time to wake up me this morning he expects that I develop a little more ...
I never tried to matchfix one my games and I will never do such a thing. I play sc2 because I love this game, I love practice and give the best of myself. I guess the reason mentioned for this matchfix is money. Honestly, if I played this game solely for money I think i would have have stopped this game a long time ago and I would focus all my energy on my engineering studies.

I don't know what else can i say, i proposed a showmatch between Solar and me to end this drama, i think that could be funny :D

Now that's a great idea! A BO9 FireCake vs Solar showmatch should silence all the drama around here for a week or so.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
May 17 2014 10:26 GMT
#183
On May 17 2014 19:05 mantequilla wrote:
Isn't 2000$ a bit too much for a single match? I think this is a joke and Solar fell for it.

It's actually a bit on the low side compared to BW matchfixing. I doubt it's a joke and for every Solar that exposes it I wouldn't be surprised if others are taking offers like this (especially those not on reliable teams/salaries).
Yhamm is the god of predictions
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
May 17 2014 10:28 GMT
#184
On May 17 2014 19:07 FireCake wrote:
Hi guys,

My first reaction to this drama was "lol".
But I fear that if Stabillo (my manager at PunchLine) took the time to wake up me this morning he expects that I develop a little more ...
I never tried to matchfix one my games and I will never do such a thing. I play sc2 because I love this game, I love practice and give the best of myself. I guess the reason mentioned for this matchfix is money. Honestly, if I played this game solely for money I think i would have have stopped this game a long time ago and I would focus all my energy on my engineering studies.

I don't know what else can i say, i proposed a showmatch between Solar and me to end this drama, i think that could be funny :D

Yeah, don't sweat it. Pretty obviously some sort of imposter, though your words are certainly appreciated.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
May 17 2014 10:41 GMT
#185
On May 17 2014 19:25 Perfi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2014 19:07 FireCake wrote:
Hi guys,

My first reaction to this drama was "lol".
But I fear that if Stabillo (my manager at PunchLine) took the time to wake up me this morning he expects that I develop a little more ...
I never tried to matchfix one my games and I will never do such a thing. I play sc2 because I love this game, I love practice and give the best of myself. I guess the reason mentioned for this matchfix is money. Honestly, if I played this game solely for money I think i would have have stopped this game a long time ago and I would focus all my energy on my engineering studies.

I don't know what else can i say, i proposed a showmatch between Solar and me to end this drama, i think that could be funny :D

Now that's a great idea! A BO9 FireCake vs Solar showmatch should silence all the drama around here for a week or so.

Yeah, a week. That's how much time it would take.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
FireCake
Profile Joined March 2013
151 Posts
May 17 2014 10:59 GMT
#186
Solar agrees to play a showmatch :D
I am seeking some casters now

On May 17 2014 19:19 RHoudini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2014 19:07 FireCake wrote:
Hi guys,

My first reaction to this drama was "lol".
But I fear that if Stabillo (my manager at PunchLine) took the time to wake up me this morning he expects that I develop a little more ...
I never tried to matchfix one my games and I will never do such a thing. I play sc2 because I love this game, I love practice and give the best of myself. I guess the reason mentioned for this matchfix is money. Honestly, if I played this game solely for money I think i would have have stopped this game a long time ago and I would focus all my energy on my engineering studies.

I don't know what else can i say, i proposed a showmatch between Solar and me to end this drama, i think that could be funny :D

If you are the real Firecake (your English is suspiciously good for a French guy ), don't worry. I doubt anyone really believes you have anything to do with. This is obviously the work of an impostor.


I think everybody should worry about that kind of drama.
I am not a famous pro player, i am not even a full time player, and however there is (are ?) people trying to destroy my esport carreer through many fake accounts on different websites and in different languages
This drama is funny because its a bad fake (btw, thank the admin who identified the fake Stabillo) but its also a bit sad to see someone who tries desperatly to hurt me.
Now imagine what an evil person could do to the most famous people in the community where a lot of money are involved.
Progamer
YourMom
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania565 Posts
May 17 2014 11:31 GMT
#187
He should have offered David Kim to fix the game.
I'm very good at making carriers.
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
May 17 2014 11:34 GMT
#188
Uh. ://// Hopefully there's nothing more brewing in the dark
The heart's eternal vow
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
May 17 2014 11:42 GMT
#189
What's the drama? Who's this guy?
The heart's eternal vow
Dwayn
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany949 Posts
May 17 2014 11:46 GMT
#190
I guess players could make quite some money by betting against themselves. No need to get a 3rd party involved.
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
May 17 2014 11:53 GMT
#191
On May 17 2014 19:41 Boucot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2014 19:25 Perfi wrote:
On May 17 2014 19:07 FireCake wrote:
Hi guys,

My first reaction to this drama was "lol".
But I fear that if Stabillo (my manager at PunchLine) took the time to wake up me this morning he expects that I develop a little more ...
I never tried to matchfix one my games and I will never do such a thing. I play sc2 because I love this game, I love practice and give the best of myself. I guess the reason mentioned for this matchfix is money. Honestly, if I played this game solely for money I think i would have have stopped this game a long time ago and I would focus all my energy on my engineering studies.

I don't know what else can i say, i proposed a showmatch between Solar and me to end this drama, i think that could be funny :D

Now that's a great idea! A BO9 FireCake vs Solar showmatch should silence all the drama around here for a week or so.

Yeah, a week. That's how much time it would take.

Haha, nice one
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Ogww
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland224 Posts
May 17 2014 12:05 GMT
#192
On May 17 2014 19:05 mantequilla wrote:
Isn't 2000$ a bit too much for a single match? I think this is a joke and Solar fell for it.

More like way too little
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
May 17 2014 12:20 GMT
#193
On May 17 2014 09:49 Waxangel wrote:
T____T

good on you solar


Waxangel just lost a lot of money because of solar's decision.
rly ?
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
May 17 2014 12:37 GMT
#194
On May 17 2014 21:20 algue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2014 09:49 Waxangel wrote:
T____T

good on you solar


Waxangel just lost a lot of money because of solar's decision.


technically, once Solar declined I wouldn't have bet on the match
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
yido
Profile Joined March 2014
United States350 Posts
May 17 2014 14:01 GMT
#195
This is a bit silly.
I kinda doubt that someone would want to fix Fragbite Finals.
2 m wons are probably offered without any understanding of exchange rates and its actual value in Korea.
$2000 is a silly small value to even consider risking your entire career on, especially for someone as established as Solar.
I doubt large sums of money is being exchanged in sc2 betting market these days, getting a LoL carry to throw a match is much more likely.
gl hf
TKL
Profile Joined January 2013
France33 Posts
May 17 2014 14:09 GMT
#196
I have to say i am very shocked to learn that someone would try to hurt FireCake and/or his team like that. I can understand that some people might not like him du to his past behavior but it's not a reason to steal his identity and commit a felony ! I am 100% behind FireCake, Stabillo and Punchline and i hope the thief of identity will be found soon.
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-17 14:17:06
May 17 2014 14:15 GMT
#197
On May 17 2014 20:31 YourMom wrote:
He should have offered David Kim to fix the game.


at first when reading the thread title without knowing who is solar i thought it was a korean company offering blizzard to fix the game
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
May 17 2014 15:38 GMT
#198
On May 17 2014 20:31 YourMom wrote:
He should have offered David Kim to fix the game.


I thought he already does that, ha.
ZCive2
Profile Joined March 2014
Russian Federation52 Posts
May 17 2014 16:09 GMT
#199
This is so ridiculous that it's probably a stunt by punchline to get some publicity ^^
miniskirt
Profile Joined December 2012
France487 Posts
May 17 2014 16:18 GMT
#200
what would firecake even gain from this game?
Self-proclaimed best Feast and Grubby fan | also MVP MMA Fantasy Polt forGG Dayshi the french hope| Leenock, the sober version of stephano and Scarlett cutiepie <3
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
ProTech141
RuFF_SC2 132
Liquid`TLO 121
Nina 100
ViBE6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17389
firebathero 87
PianO 14
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever325
canceldota59
League of Legends
Doublelift3579
Counter-Strike
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
PPMD39
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu808
Other Games
summit1g5786
FrodaN1236
shahzam515
ToD288
C9.Mang0282
mouzStarbuck264
B2W.Neo246
RotterdaM95
Mew2King42
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile148
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1106
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
OSC
35m
Replay Cast
1h 20m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.