• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:49
CEST 18:49
KST 01:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8963 users

The Best Games of 2013 - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
265 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next All
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
December 31 2013 14:24 GMT
#121
Solid nr 1 pick
eurTsItniH
Profile Joined January 2012
887 Posts
December 31 2013 14:25 GMT
#122
Man soooo many Innovation games, that guy truly is a beast.
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
December 31 2013 14:27 GMT
#123
the only naniwa game which misses is naniwa vs life on whirliwind at iem.
that shit was nailbiting
TL+ Member
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-31 14:31:50
December 31 2013 14:30 GMT
#124
On December 31 2013 12:54 Darkhoarse wrote:
I disagree with the Scarlett vs. Bomber placing. Also why is Sjow vs. Life a thing. I think we should all just forget that happened.

Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 12:43 lopido wrote:
the number one is a TvT.
You can't be serious.

The best game comes from the best matchup? What are the odds!



The matchup where positioning is a constant and large factor and defender's advantage matters the most--I agree it's the best MU. All of the stuff that makes the other match ups great is present too, aside from variety of two different races clashing.

I'm a little surprised that MMA Jaedong game didn't make it onto the list (disclaimer, I don't make much time at all for PL or GSL, so I missed a ton of good games), though the top two games were pretty obvious. Actually, the Scarlett game would probably not be top 10 if it wasn't a foreigner, but it still deserves a top spot because we really needed some foreigner love.

I like that Grubby Hasuobs was there; I thought it was more like top 10, but again I missed a ton of Korean leagues this year.
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
December 31 2013 15:25 GMT
#125
On December 31 2013 23:30 Ansinjunger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 12:54 Darkhoarse wrote:
I disagree with the Scarlett vs. Bomber placing. Also why is Sjow vs. Life a thing. I think we should all just forget that happened.

On December 31 2013 12:43 lopido wrote:
the number one is a TvT.
You can't be serious.

The best game comes from the best matchup? What are the odds!



The matchup where positioning is a constant and large factor and defender's advantage matters the most--I agree it's the best MU. All of the stuff that makes the other match ups great is present too, aside from variety of two different races clashing.

I'm a little surprised that MMA Jaedong game didn't make it onto the list (disclaimer, I don't make much time at all for PL or GSL, so I missed a ton of good games), though the top two games were pretty obvious. Actually, the Scarlett game would probably not be top 10 if it wasn't a foreigner, but it still deserves a top spot because we really needed some foreigner love.

I like that Grubby Hasuobs was there; I thought it was more like top 10, but again I missed a ton of Korean leagues this year.

It shouldnt be top 10 and it shouldnt be there just becuase foreigners need "love"..
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
December 31 2013 15:31 GMT
#126
There are some good games here, but 2012's list was stronger I feel like.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
December 31 2013 15:33 GMT
#127
The list of games before the top 40 I thought "..are you fucking kidding me?", then the actual list I can actually agree with. Good games - besides Sjow vs Life, that was actually just a bad game by both.
Refer to my post.
Jazzman88
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada2228 Posts
December 31 2013 15:34 GMT
#128
Without question you guys got #1 right.

That game was artistry. It had everything we love about Starcraft 2, and it featured decisions that lesser players simply aren't capable of even noticing on the fly, let alone executing themselves. Amazing, amazing game - I'm so glad I watched that live.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
December 31 2013 15:37 GMT
#129
On January 01 2014 00:31 Havik_ wrote:
There are some good games here, but 2012's list was stronger I feel like.


That's what I felt before I started writing this. But after rewatching pretty much every highly recommended game of 2013, I actually think it stacks up pretty well.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Spektorius
Profile Joined December 2013
Albania4 Posts
December 31 2013 15:45 GMT
#130
cant believe JD vs Dear isnt here... Or jd vs maru both at blizzcon
Jaedong
Koesader
Profile Joined April 2012
Netherlands424 Posts
December 31 2013 15:47 GMT
#131
Best game, best matchup, best player
Liquid'TaeJa - Grubby - MVPMarineKing - Liquid'Ret - AxCranK - RedBull.Bomber ~~~ Are You Ready For Bombing?
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-31 16:12:40
December 31 2013 16:06 GMT
#132
On December 31 2013 19:33 Ej_ wrote:
Scarlett vs Bomber at Battle Grounds was honestly a mediocre series but, as usually, it got overhyped.


On December 31 2013 20:16 GumBa wrote:
Inno produces such amazing games and people thinking Scarlett vs Bomber should be nr1 LOL its good but shouldnt even be top 5 imo.
Taeja vs INnoVation was just amazing easily best game 2013 and I was there to watch it live



Well, what does it need to be "the best game"?
The most entertaining one? Scarlett - Bomber was as entertaining as ZvT gets.
The most clutch series? Well, once again: Scarlett vs Bomber delivered as (almost?) no other game 2013
The most skillful? There might have been better matches in this regard, agreed. But still, it was a VERY high level play on both sides on a map they both didn't really know. And that's skill as well :-P
There are just other factors than pure skill which determine which serie's "the best". Skill is important, but it'd be completely wrong to say the Scarlett and Bomber didn't deliver skillwise in this match, imo.

Andthere were simply no matches where I was excited watching them as Scarlett vs Bomer and therefore... completely agree with the #2 spot. As I never really liked TvT... Scarlett - Bomber could have been #1 as well for my liking, but yeah, there are people who actually enjoy mirror matches, so that's fine :-P
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
December 31 2013 16:11 GMT
#133
On January 01 2014 01:06 Swisslink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 19:33 Ej_ wrote:
Scarlett vs Bomber at Battle Grounds was honestly a mediocre series but, as usually, it got overhyped.


Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 20:16 GumBa wrote:
Inno produces such amazing games and people thinking Scarlett vs Bomber should be nr1 LOL its good but shouldnt even be top 5 imo.
Taeja vs INnoVation was just amazing easily best game 2013 and I was there to watch it live



Well, what does it need to be "the best game"?
The most entertaining one? Scarlett - Bomber was as entertaining as ZvT gets.
The most clutch series? Well, once again: Scarlett vs Bomber delivered as (almost?) no other game 2013
The most skillful? There might have been better matches in this regard, agreed. But still, it was a VERY high level play on both sides on a map they both didn't really know. And that's skill as well :-P


There were simply no matches where I was excited watching them as Scarlett vs Bomer and therefore... completely agree with the #2 spot. As I never really liked TvT... Scarlett - Bomber could have been #1 as well for my liking, but yeah, there are people who actually enjoy mirror matches, so that's fine :-P


So for you the best game it's just the most overhyped ? Coz Scarlett/dream on red city had the same tension in it and was waaaaaaaaaaay better skill wise lol.
Zest fanboy.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-31 16:16:08
December 31 2013 16:15 GMT
#134
It's complete nonsense that people dislike the Inno/Taeja game "because it's a mirror matchup". Did you not watch the game? It was more action-packed and back and forth than a good game of zvt. It's like people see "mirror" and instantly turn their brain off, or go hardcore bias-mode and forget what they watch.

I understand subjectivity etc etc, but objectively speaking.. that was an amazing game (taking the standard criteria use to determine a "good" game)
Refer to my post.
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
December 31 2013 16:18 GMT
#135
On January 01 2014 01:11 sAsImre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2014 01:06 Swisslink wrote:
On December 31 2013 19:33 Ej_ wrote:
Scarlett vs Bomber at Battle Grounds was honestly a mediocre series but, as usually, it got overhyped.


On December 31 2013 20:16 GumBa wrote:
Inno produces such amazing games and people thinking Scarlett vs Bomber should be nr1 LOL its good but shouldnt even be top 5 imo.
Taeja vs INnoVation was just amazing easily best game 2013 and I was there to watch it live



Well, what does it need to be "the best game"?
The most entertaining one? Scarlett - Bomber was as entertaining as ZvT gets.
The most clutch series? Well, once again: Scarlett vs Bomber delivered as (almost?) no other game 2013
The most skillful? There might have been better matches in this regard, agreed. But still, it was a VERY high level play on both sides on a map they both didn't really know. And that's skill as well :-P


There were simply no matches where I was excited watching them as Scarlett vs Bomber and therefore... completely agree with the #2 spot. As I never really liked TvT... Scarlett - Bomber could have been #1 as well for my liking, but yeah, there are people who actually enjoy mirror matches, so that's fine :-P


So for you the best game it's just the most overhyped ? Coz Scarlett/dream on red city had the same tension in it and was waaaaaaaaaaay better skill wise lol.


I'm not saying the most overhyped game should be considered the best game, but all the things combined just made Scarlett - Bomber really special and good. And I wouldn't really agree that Scarlett vs Dream was a higher level of play, tbh.
comadiroma
Profile Joined June 2011
United States17 Posts
December 31 2013 16:22 GMT
#136
There was a TvT involving Bomber on Whirlwind... can't remember against who, but he literally went pure Helbats drops for almost 10 minutes or something crazy. Don't think I saw it in the top 40 but I figure it belongs in the "games we remember for all the wrong reasons" section.

Great write up, will have to check out some of the ones I missed.
Doh!
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-31 16:29:41
December 31 2013 16:24 GMT
#137
On January 01 2014 01:22 comadiroma wrote:
There was a TvT involving Bomber on Whirlwind... can't remember against who, but he literally went pure Helbats drops for almost 10 minutes or something crazy. Don't think I saw it in the top 40 but I figure it belongs in the "games we remember for all the wrong reasons" section.

Great write up, will have to check out some of the ones I missed.


Wasn't that against Keen?
Must have been OSL... iirc.

And I disagree that it should be "remembered for the wrong reasons"... It resulted in a Hellbat nerf, what's bad about that? :-P
(edit: ok , one could argue that might be a "wrong reason to remember a game" if I think about it...)
VisonKai
Profile Joined May 2012
United States2203 Posts
December 31 2013 16:27 GMT
#138
Yay! I was sure Scarlett vs Bomber would be #1, but Taeja vs Innovation was, in my opinion, probably the best or second best game in SC2 history for me.
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
December 31 2013 16:28 GMT
#139
glad to see DRG vs. Innovation on Whirlwind up there. It was a great series overall!
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
December 31 2013 16:30 GMT
#140
On December 31 2013 16:52 0mg_t1red wrote:
why this games isn't in top 5 to my mind one of the coolest games of 2013 watch this plz it really cool. though rly long

oh yea I remember this game, really nice game overall. even swarmhosts looked interesting
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 8
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1288
Shuttle 1142
Soma 677
Mini 674
Rush 462
actioN 457
Light 362
Larva 334
BeSt 222
Snow 161
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 108
Dewaltoss 102
Zeus 67
Barracks 58
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 27
JYJ 27
soO 25
Bale 24
Shine 24
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 19
sorry 14
zelot 14
Rock 11
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2068
Dendi883
420jenkins175
Counter-Strike
Fnx 787
pashabiceps669
x6flipin540
ceh9378
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5742
Grubby3605
Liquid`Hasu313
Other Games
Beastyqt475
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
Liquid`VortiX168
DeMusliM155
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
Trikslyr61
TKL 59
C9.Mang052
Railgan5
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV255
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH251
• StrangeGG 72
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 11
• FirePhoenix10
• 80smullet 5
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV436
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade766
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 11m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.