• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:47
CEST 22:47
KST 05:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8371 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS EU Premier League Finals

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 21:50:17
May 27 2013 13:00 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro4 Day 1 Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro4 Day 2 Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Placement Matches Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Challenger League Round 3 Day 2 Winners' Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 10 Match 1 FXO vs ST Winner Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 10 Match 2 NSH vs MVP Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Europe Season 1 Premier League Grand Finals Winner Interview



(T)LG-IM Mvp

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Congratulations on winning the championship. Tell us how you feel about winning the 2013 WCS Europe Season 1 Premier League.

I was anxious about the end result because I was lacking in preparation, so I am really happy that I was able to win like this. I think I’m even happier than usual about this championship because it’s my first one in a while.

As you stated yourself, this was your first championship in a while. Your last championship was IEM 7 back in August of 2012. Why do you think you haven’t been able to produce any results since then?

During all this time, I didn’t get to practice a lot as I prepared for tournaments and I also got really sloppy. I think a lot of my motivation died because of that whole neck disk problem. And that resulted in my skills falling severely behind.

After watching your matches today, it feels like you’ve somewhat grasped the concept for HotS. Has anything changed?

I still haven’t completely grasped the concept for HotS yet. I practiced a whole bunch of TvT because I had a feeling that I was going to play a lot of TvTs for this tournament. Because of that, I was lacking in preparation for TvZs so I decided to mix it up by using both WoL strategies and HotS strategies. It ended up working out well, but overall, I still think my skills are lacking a lot.

Your opponent for the semi-finals was DIMAGA. Since you had an entire day to prepare for him after the quarter-finals eneded, how did you prepare for the match?

After I played against TLO in the quarter-finals, I expected to face Happy in the semi-finals. Which is why I still practiced nothing but TvT up until the day before the quarter-finals. I was unsure of what I was going to do because DIMAGA turned out to be my opponent for the semi-finals but after I played against him, I was able to realize that it was easy to deal with his kind of play style. So I just decided to play my match against him by reacting to what he was doing.

Your victory against DIMAGA was a complete 3-0 domination. You held the advantage throughout that entire series. Did you expect such a result?

I had a feeling that if I did win then I would win by a score of 3-0. I knew that DIMAGA is the type of player who gets nervous a lot so I had a feeling that I would advance comfortably to the finals as long as I won game one.

Feels like game two was probably the most memorable. There were a lot of back and forths and you also seemed to be at a disadvantage, but it looked like DIMAGA got a bit too greedy with his roach drops and that was the reason why you were able to turn things around. Around when did you know that you had won?

Honestly, I was in a really good situation for the beginning-mid game but it had been such a long time since I played mech that I kind of fell into a daze as the game progressed on. I think that’s why the situation started getting bad. But I knew I had the game won when I took down all of DIMAGA’s mutas.

You probably saw the Stephano/ForGG match. Since you said that you only practiced TvTs, did you want ForGG to make it through?

That’s correct. While it’s true that I did lose to LucifroN in the Ro16, you still couldn’t overlook the fact that the top 1, 2, and 3 spots on Europe ladder were all taken up by Terrans. I expected to play a TvT for either the semi-finals or the finals so I practiced extensively for that match up. For a minute there, I even told myself that playing ForGG would be the comfortable route since I had so much confidence in my TvT.

What kind of score did you expect for the finals?

I’ve seen enough of Stephano’s games to know that he is an excellent player. I expected a difficult match with a score of like 4-2 or 4-3 in the end.

It seemed like you lost game one pretty easily because there wasn’t much diversity behind your attacks. Where do you think things went wrong?

Ever since the Ro32, I just kept on vetoing playing on Bel’Shir Vestige. I just kept on avoiding playing on it so I was really lacking when it came to needing to adapt to the map. That’s why I just ended up losing too easily.

You went for a mech composition for game two. The highlight of the game was that you understood the map well. We even saw Stephano play a little too defensively in order to take down your tanks that were positioned very well. Were you originally planning on going for mech? If so, could you tell us why?

I wasn’t originally planning on going for mech. I stated earlier that I felt dazed when I went for mech vs DIMAGA and this time was no different. The build order was not that good and things got a little messed up but I was able to win because of my early-mid game advantages I achieved.

From game three and on, your medivac plays just kept being phenomenal. After you blocked the nydus strategy, you went for an attack with your bio/hellbat composition and grabbed the victory. Were you somewhat expecting a nydus play?

I didn’t really expect a nydus strategy to come at me. My build order was just perfect for handling nydus plays because I wouldn’t die even if I did get broken through. I don’t think it was really something I needed to worry about.

For game five, we saw a banshee play for the first time ever in the finals series.

I didn’t use a banshee strategy once during the quarter-finals and the semi-finals so I figured that I would be able to win if I went for it for game five. That’s why I decided to go for banshees.

With this championship, you are ranked #1 in WCS and you secured your spot for the season finale. And you also secured your spot for next season’s Premier League. What are your thoughts about this season?

I think this really was the best season. I want to prepare extensively for next season and win the championship again (laughs).

You have to return to Korea to participate in the season finale. When do you plan on returning to Korea?

I have to get on a flight to Korea on the 27th @ 15:00 KST. After the interview, I will be leaving in six hours.

How high do you think your chances of winning the season finale are?

I’m not giving myself a really high chance or anything like that but my goal for now is to at least get to the quarter-finals.

Why the quarter-finals?

It will start from the Ro16 so I am telling myself that I should at the very least take down one player (laughs).

You had to play through this tournament while staying in Europe for quite a duration.

While living in Europe, I was able to realize just how difficult it was to participate in a tournament. Aside from the fact that it was hard for me to focus because the studio didn’t have separate booths for the players, everything else was pretty satisfactory.

Anything you particularly remember?

I remember the most that every time I go overseas, I always end up eating Korean food regardless of where I go (laughs). I normally just eat like cereal, bread, or ramen noodles, but whenever I go to a Korean restaurant, it’s always so expensive.

Anything else you would like to say?

First off, I want to thank my parents, my girlfriend, the supervisor, and the fans for cheering me on all the way from Korea. I think I was able to make such a good result because my girlfriend found VODs/replays of my opponents and sent them to me because that’s how much she cared. I want to let her know how grateful I was and how much I love her. ByuL helped me out a lot with practice even though he was in Korea. I think I’m going to have to buy him a delicious meal when I get back. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors LG Electronics, Steelseries, ASRock, Kingston HyperX, Coca-Cola, Googims Company, Super Flower, Cooler Master, and DXRacer.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
May 27 2013 13:07 GMT
#2
MVP is too damn good.

Wanted a European to win too
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 13:08:28
May 27 2013 13:07 GMT
#3
F yea Mvp and Hell YEA Mvp GF!
and yay to the sponsors of cause
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
minilance
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada500 Posts
May 27 2013 13:08 GMT
#4
MVP is back, glad for the man !
Bisu, Jangbang <3
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
May 27 2013 13:10 GMT
#5
Nice to see MVP win . How are his wrists doing nowadays though?
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
ChriS-X
Profile Joined June 2011
Malaysia1374 Posts
May 27 2013 13:15 GMT
#6
dat sponsor list
Taronar
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands177 Posts
May 27 2013 13:16 GMT
#7
Those games really showed the good old MVP which we missed for about a full year. Good to see him going to the season finale!
SKT1.Rain | SKT1.PartinG | Liquid TaeJa | Startale Life
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
May 27 2013 13:16 GMT
#8
LEAVE UR GF, MVP


jk
datouch
Profile Joined September 2012
Thailand59 Posts
May 27 2013 13:18 GMT
#9
I think his wrists are no problem now maybe I saw him went about 400+ APM on stream -*-
It shouldn't be possible for those exploded wrists.
DRG TaeJa Maru Mvp HerO
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
May 27 2013 13:21 GMT
#10
Mvp gf imba

Thanks for the interview!
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
May 27 2013 13:41 GMT
#11
Yea, it is so nice, when some1 appreciate you. The warming feeling.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
May 27 2013 14:19 GMT
#12
Korean interviewers are great.

He wins one of the biggest foreign tournaments and one of the first statements they make is "After watching your matches today, it feels like you’ve somewhat grasped the concept for HotS."

Yeah, no shit, he has. Seems like stomping foreigners really isn't regarded as difficult.
xAdra
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore1858 Posts
May 27 2013 14:29 GMT
#13
The bit about thanking his girlfriend was so damn sweet. Looking forward to seeing mvp vs Flash and Innovation, who've taken the throne of Terran in Korea. Mvp may not be able to win against those two, but I just want to watch his epic TvT mech style matched up against them
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
May 27 2013 14:40 GMT
#14
Mvp's girlfriend is awesome.

She'd have to be to win the King's heart.
Long live the King of Wings
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
May 27 2013 14:47 GMT
#15
Girlfriend imba
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
May 27 2013 14:51 GMT
#16
Mvp<3
The heart's eternal vow
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
May 27 2013 14:55 GMT
#17
lol IM's list of sponsors...
GG
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
May 27 2013 15:05 GMT
#18
Mvp king. Great gf!
The Bomber boy
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
May 27 2013 15:07 GMT
#19
I love you Mvp!
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
May 27 2013 15:14 GMT
#20
On May 27 2013 23:19 StarVe wrote:
Korean interviewers are great.

He wins one of the biggest foreign tournaments and one of the first statements they make is "After watching your matches today, it feels like you’ve somewhat grasped the concept for HotS."

Yeah, no shit, he has. Seems like stomping foreigners really isn't regarded as difficult.

and his answers are like "well, i wasn't well prepared and i felt a bit unsure. still 3-0'd them though. oh yeah, the one game i lost to Stephano, i hadn't practiced on that map in forever"

gotta love Mvp <3

his gf apparently is awesome too
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 221
JuggernautJason107
Nina 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 613
White-Ra 171
firebathero 82
910 40
Trap 20
NaDa 17
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0167
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9538
crisheroes1833
Liquid`Hasu1785
Trikslyr93
Other Games
summit1g6076
Liquid`RaSZi5654
Beastyqt826
shahzam460
B2W.Neo251
Pyrionflax172
KnowMe129
ArmadaUGS119
IndyStarCraft 81
ZombieGrub81
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream421
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 54
• Eskiya23 18
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV418
League of Legends
• TFBlade1012
Other Games
• imaqtpie933
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.