• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:26
CEST 18:26
KST 01:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9469 users

cBones- GM-level Protoss Replay Pack #5! (38 reps)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Zeppelin535
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada262 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-21 02:50:16
May 26 2013 01:30 GMT
#1
Hi, I'm Bones, a not-quite-Grandmaster NA Protoss and a member of Clarity Academy. I was GM the previous season but my MMR fell off near the end of the season due to inactivity. Currently ~1450 pts and hopefully getting back into GM soon(TM).

I've modified my styles somewhat since the last pack, mainly in PvT. Rough descriptions of what to expect:

PvZ - I usually either take a fast third off 1G Robo or open up Phoenix into fast Colossus with a third base depending on the map. Also, vs 2 base play from the Zerg, I have a 4G Robo+Twilight opener that deals well with all possibilities, especially the most probable: Swarm Host+Nydus.

PvT - I prefer the double forge macro style, usually following with up to 4 colossus and Blink play. Previously I would rush storm, but now I instead prefer the Blink+Colossus style in favour of much faster upgrades, usually postponing storm research until after +3+3 is on the way.

PvP - I usually open with double gas on 15 supply, going for a safe Stargate opener and playing reactively based on consistent scouting with hallucination. However, I've been having some troubles in the matchup and may be switching this up in the near future.

Hopefully the replay pack will be helpful, entertaining and/or educational.

---------

**NEW**

Replay Pack #7

http://www.mediafire.com/?ul81d1ffss7e3zu

6 PvZ, 5 PvP, 4 PvT.

----------

*NEW*

Replay Pack #6.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iflseq7nh3b3emc

11 PvZ, 8 PvP, and 2 PvT.

----------

Replay Pack #5: http://www.mediafire.com/?7rbx68gl7xldjy0

There's 38 replays in this pack, 22 PvZ, 7 PvT, 9 PvP. Not exactly sure how I managed to get so many PvZ and so few of the other matchups. However, maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The vast majority of these games should be vs other GM-level players on ranked ladder. All replays are labeled with a rough description of the game/builds as well as the match-up.

There's a decent variety of games in the pack; from solid macro games, to cheese defense, to timing attacks, and some interesting/odd games.

You can also find past replay packs as well as VODs and other info over on my Liquipedia page. For the previous pack specifically, which may still be of some value, check out the TL thread for that one: Replay Pack #4.

I'll be continuing to grind NA ladder, improving my styles and saving replays for the next pack. Look for that as well as some more streaming in the near future.

You can follow me: Stream | Twitter

Also follow Clarity: Facebook | Twitter and check out our fancy new website!

Please feel free to leave any feedback in the comments below.

Thanks!
Bones (P) | @BonesSC2 | twitch.tv/Bones535
InsidiA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1169 Posts
May 26 2013 01:50 GMT
#2
Some really great stuff, Bones is an extremely solid player. Will download and study!
GraphicsInsidiA | StarCraft 2 Manager for Team eLevate | Graphic Designer for Red Bull eSports & HTC | @iamjasonpun
Wyrd
Profile Joined May 2011
United States211 Posts
May 26 2013 02:39 GMT
#3
Thanks for the pack! Looks like I have some studying to do this weekend.
www.twitch.tv/wyrd5
-HuShang-
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada393 Posts
May 26 2013 03:08 GMT
#4
Dayum you labled every game!!! You sir are my favourite person to release toss replays and I haven't even watched any games
Professional Starcraft 2 Coach & Caster | Message me for more info or business proposals
Donten
Profile Joined December 2012
2 Posts
May 26 2013 03:49 GMT
#5
I think you are my new favourite protoss player bones, I've almost completely stolen your PvZ from the last replay pack. Thanks man!
Zeppelin535
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada262 Posts
May 26 2013 04:04 GMT
#6
On May 26 2013 12:49 Donten wrote:
I think you are my new favourite protoss player bones, I've almost completely stolen your PvZ from the last replay pack. Thanks man!


Thanks! I assume you're talking about the fast third style. Yes, it is very solid play-style I feel! But, still always room for improvement. Only downside is it's very map dependent to be able to effectively defend vs early aggression.
Bones (P) | @BonesSC2 | twitch.tv/Bones535
AegonC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
May 26 2013 18:55 GMT
#7
Thanks for taking the time to release and describe each replay, they're really helpful. I hope you continue to release replays in the future.
Th0R
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada359 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 20:43:44
May 26 2013 20:40 GMT
#8
Great replays to analyze!

EDIT: The fact that there's so many PvZ is friggen great! My PvZ is currently my worst MU
Protoss Player | @ScThoR_ | www.Twitch.tv/ScThoR | Business Student and Entrepreneur
Zeppelin535
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada262 Posts
May 26 2013 23:32 GMT
#9
On May 27 2013 03:55 AegonC wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to release and describe each replay, they're really helpful. I hope you continue to release replays in the future.


Yes, I definitely will. Should be able to have a new pack every ~3 weeks I think.
Bones (P) | @BonesSC2 | twitch.tv/Bones535
Nightowl
Profile Joined June 2013
7 Posts
June 16 2013 14:39 GMT
#10
Awesome pack! These replays really helped me alot!
Makuly
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Taiwan54 Posts
June 17 2013 16:07 GMT
#11
Thanks for taking the time to label all the replays + description, it really helps a ton! I hope you keep releasing replays Keep up the good work!
Dwighty
Profile Joined April 2013
Norway3 Posts
June 20 2013 17:18 GMT
#12
Thanks a lot, mate. Awesome stuff for noobs and pro's alike.
"I'm about to drop the hammer....and dispense some indiscriminate justice!"
Zeppelin535
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada262 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-24 01:18:25
June 23 2013 23:57 GMT
#13
Posting this update here, since it's just a mini-replay pack not necessarily worthy of a new post. I've been kind of busy lately.

Anyway, here's 21 new replays. Replay Pack #6.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iflseq7nh3b3emc

11 PvZ, 8 PvP, and 2 PvT.
Bones (P) | @BonesSC2 | twitch.tv/Bones535
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
June 24 2013 00:18 GMT
#14
Good player
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
June 24 2013 00:54 GMT
#15
Fantastic player and looking to see a lot more of you Maybe I should steal some of your replays too
In Inca we trust
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
June 24 2013 01:23 GMT
#16
Clarity being awesome once more . Thanks bones!
User was warned for too many mimes.
Zeppelin535
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada262 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-21 03:06:42
July 21 2013 02:54 GMT
#17
Have been quite busy for a couple weeks wrapping up some school-related stuff. Will be 100% done by this Tuesday the 23rd. I figured I'd go ahead and post what I had gathered before the downtime, a rather small pack.

Replay Pack #7

http://www.mediafire.com/?ul81d1ffss7e3zu

6 PvZ, 5 PvP, 4 PvT.

Regardless, good examples of the styles I've been using and refining. Double Forge+Colossus+Blink in PvT, 1G Stargate with a safety Robo in PvP, and during the period of the pack I was quite fond of the FFE Phoenix opener into the 2 Immortal 2 Colossus push - see: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=416819. However, I've since gone back to aiming for the late-game in PvZ as I have continued to do in the other two matchups.

Come Tuesday I will be back at SC2 in force, aiming for 14 hours of streaming a week, and getting back into GM.

I've been rather flaky when it comes to streaming in the past, but I hope to change that as well as some other things and work at SC2 full time.

You can follow me: Stream | Twitter

Also follow Clarity: Facebook | Twitter | Website

Thanks for any interest/support.
Bones (P) | @BonesSC2 | twitch.tv/Bones535
xsnac
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Barbados1365 Posts
July 21 2013 23:11 GMT
#18
you know you are better if you build nexus and forge @ 16 instead of 17 ? all kr protoss players go 16 nexus 16 forge .

if you build on 16 you use chronoboost faster = mine faster with 2 workers + get cannon faster .

9 pylon 16 nexus 16 forge
cb nexus ( 2x probes ) wich is exactly how a chronoboost lasts. 2 probes .
then pylon and gate cannon or cannon gate .
1/4 \pi \epsilon_0
Skinnyboy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States65 Posts
July 22 2013 00:32 GMT
#19
They'll be very educational for PvZ when I get home I haven't played much since I got my new computer since it was all wonky. But fixed and now dk what to do PvZ, so this is perfect. Thank you for the replays! :D
Whatever bro, tell it to the whales
Zeppelin535
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada262 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 00:38:07
July 23 2013 00:34 GMT
#20
On July 22 2013 08:11 xsnac wrote:
you know you are better if you build nexus and forge @ 16 instead of 17 ? all kr protoss players go 16 nexus 16 forge .

if you build on 16 you use chronoboost faster = mine faster with 2 workers + get cannon faster .

9 pylon 16 nexus 16 forge
cb nexus ( 2x probes ) wich is exactly how a chronoboost lasts. 2 probes .
then pylon and gate cannon or cannon gate .


I did not really know that. I suppose it does make sense to be able to chrono right after the forge goes down instead of having to wait for your 17 pylon to finish... I'll have to try it and double check that you don't lose out in some other respect to make that happen. The slightly earlier forge would also be very nice for the times when the Zerg makes 6 Lings and sends them straight across the map off a 13/14 pool.

As well, totally unrelated to the paragraph above, but I just rememberd about a few good series I had in the WCS Challenger Qualifiers a bit ago.

Figured I'd throw the replays up: http://www.mediafire.com/?zc9u784vu9oop8c

Three series, vs DSRush, Lucky, and Tassadar. Highly recommend game 3 vs Tassadar and game 2 vs Lucky. The series vs DSRush was a good PvP series as well I believe.
Bones (P) | @BonesSC2 | twitch.tv/Bones535
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem389
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 389
IndyStarCraft 177
Railgan 76
BRAT_OK 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55302
Shuttle 3049
Horang2 495
BeSt 422
Larva 376
ggaemo 227
Soma 179
Mind 154
Dewaltoss 105
Last 89
[ Show more ]
Sexy 87
hero 77
Zeus 73
Killer 46
Hyun 46
Sea.KH 45
ToSsGirL 33
Aegong 31
Bale 27
NaDa 22
PianO 22
Rock 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5514
qojqva2931
Dendi1549
420jenkins439
Fuzer 139
Counter-Strike
fl0m3811
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1345
Khaldor1298
Liquid`Hasu1114
MindelVK19
Other Games
singsing1725
FrodaN1515
B2W.Neo1058
byalli953
Beastyqt738
Mlord509
ArmadaUGS194
Hui .177
KnowMe137
QueenE91
Mew2King62
CosmosSc2 28
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick912
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 59
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4033
League of Legends
• Nemesis2820
Other Games
• Shiphtur227
• WagamamaTV219
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 34m
Replay Cast
6h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 34m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.