• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:14
CEST 22:14
KST 05:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9411 users

[Interview] SPL Samsung vs EG-TL Round 5 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-21 05:33:41
May 20 2013 16:08 GMT
#1
[image loading]


SPL Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 5 KT Rolster vs EG-TL Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 5 8th Team vs Samsung KHAN Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 5 CJ Entus vs STX SouL Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 5 SK Telecom T1 vs Woongjin Stars Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 5 Samsung KHAN vs EG-TL Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 5 8th Team vs KT Rolster Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 5 SK Telecom T1 vs CJ Entus Winner Interview



(P)EG-TL HerO

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about bringing your team the victory with three straight kills?

Honestly, if I had lost, then it probably would have become very difficult to advance to the post season. Which is why I wanted to win today no matter what. I am really glad right now because I brought my team the victory.

You won your game against JangBi with void rays.

As the game progressed onward, I felt like sticking with a ground army would result in a loss. So I gathered void rays while also grabbing air upgrades.

In the last game, why did you make a carrier?

It wasn't a ceremony or anything like that. I was trying to make void rays but I accidentally hit the carrier key. I was also surprised myself (laughs).

You could have won game six much earlier.

I felt like I had the advantage but I was hesitant because of his muta/corruptor composition. The map was also quite large so I kept getting harrassed. I wasn't able to properly grab the final timing. My weakness is that I never know when to move in and finish off my opponent and I think that became quite apparent today.

You will be flying overseas tomorrow.

I really haven't prepared anything special. I just studied VODs as I prepared for Proleague.

You've been placed into the group of death for WCS America Ro16.

It's burdensome. I am not confident in my PvZ so I am worried. But I do have expectations for myself that I will advance through.

Any specific player you're watching out for?

(Z)Scarlett

You have quite a difficult schedule ahead of you.

I leave on the 21st, play my matches on the 22nd, and return to Korea on the 23rd. Also, after the proleague match on the 27th ends, I will be leaving for New York right away afterwards. I think this going to be really difficult. If I do make it through, I know for a fact that taking care of myself will be absolutely crucial.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank our sponsors Barracuda Networks, Shiny Things, Twitch.tv, and Razer. The day before yesterday was my debut anniversary of two years and I received an unimaginable gift from the fans. I wasn't able to properly thank them then so I want to take this opportunity to do that now. I am going to work hard so that I can become an even better player. I want to thank the supervisor, the coach, and the EG-TL players for always working so hard. Lastly, I want the fans to know that we will be doing everything we can to qualify for the post season.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
bludragen88
Profile Joined August 2008
United States527 Posts
May 20 2013 16:13 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translation, seeker!

On May 21 2013 01:08 Seeker wrote:

Honestly, if I had lost, then it probably would have become very difficult to advance to the post season. Which is why I wanted to win today no matter what. I am really glad right now because I brought my team the victory.



Although ... seems a bit misleading, given how much help they'd need to make the playoffs even by winning out. =( Hopefully they turn things around and get some momentum for next year (if they're even in SPL again)
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
May 20 2013 16:14 GMT
#3
--- Nuked ---
Serinox
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany5224 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-20 16:17:38
May 20 2013 16:16 GMT
#4
On May 21 2013 01:08 Seeker wrote:

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank our sponsors Barracuda Networks, Shiny Things, Twitch.tv, and Razer. (What happened to TLAF?)

Shiny Things is part of TLAF afaik

I like the shape HerO is in atm. Hope he can advance in WCS AM.
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
May 20 2013 16:16 GMT
#5
Maybe hes just watching out for Scarlett because he wants an autograph
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
May 20 2013 16:18 GMT
#6
I'm surprised there wasn't a question about his match against Reality.
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
May 20 2013 16:20 GMT
#7
It was a carrier, not a mothership that he made wasn't it? I missed the game, but that's what I had read.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
May 20 2013 16:21 GMT
#8
On May 21 2013 01:20 Gorlin wrote:
It was a carrier, not a mothership that he made wasn't it? I missed the game, but that's what I had read.

Correct. My mistake.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
May 20 2013 16:26 GMT
#9
On May 21 2013 01:20 Gorlin wrote:
It was a carrier, not a mothership that he made wasn't it? I missed the game, but that's what I had read.


That's correct, and the Korean interview actually does say carrier and not mothership.
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
May 20 2013 16:28 GMT
#10
Thank you Seeker!!!!!!
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
May 20 2013 16:45 GMT
#11
Thanks Seeker!
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-20 16:46:14
May 20 2013 16:45 GMT
#12
Are they just trying to hype up hero's wcs group? Dont get me wrong, it's definitely a group with good players but i think it's pretty obvious that the group of death is group d, not c.

Congrats on the great performance HerO
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
May 20 2013 16:47 GMT
#13
How do you feel about bringing your team the victory with three straight kills?

Honestly, if I had lost, then it probably would have become very difficult to advance to the post season. Which is why I wanted to win today no matter what. I am really glad right now because I brought my team the victory.


HMMM? They can't advance to the post season? (ala playoffs) Has no one told HerO this ? xD
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
asdfOu
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2089 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-20 16:51:00
May 20 2013 16:50 GMT
#14
yeaa i can see the mistake of hitting c twice instead of v for the carriers. [not sarcasm]
HerO looks tired af on that picture though
rip prime
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-20 17:36:48
May 20 2013 17:16 GMT
#15
What a schedule. xD

Hope he and the teams will win everything.

On May 21 2013 01:47 Pandemona wrote:
Show nested quote +
How do you feel about bringing your team the victory with three straight kills?

Honestly, if I had lost, then it probably would have become very difficult to advance to the post season. Which is why I wanted to win today no matter what. I am really glad right now because I brought my team the victory.


HMMM? They can't advance to the post season? (ala playoffs) Has no one told HerO this ? xD

They still have a slim chance I should think.

EG-TL have 2 more matches this current round 5, plus 7 more in the final next round 6.

They're currently 6 wins away from qualifying for sure (if STX and KHAN do not post wins anymore xD), 5 wins if they can drastically improve their map score. As I said, slim chance, but oh well.
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
May 20 2013 17:23 GMT
#16
Thanks Seeker. Hero is going to be real tired this week =\
Refer to my post.
bludragen88
Profile Joined August 2008
United States527 Posts
May 20 2013 19:01 GMT
#17
On May 21 2013 02:16 Proseat wrote:
What a schedule. xD

Hope he and the teams will win everything.

Show nested quote +
On May 21 2013 01:47 Pandemona wrote:
How do you feel about bringing your team the victory with three straight kills?

Honestly, if I had lost, then it probably would have become very difficult to advance to the post season. Which is why I wanted to win today no matter what. I am really glad right now because I brought my team the victory.


HMMM? They can't advance to the post season? (ala playoffs) Has no one told HerO this ? xD

They still have a slim chance I should think.

EG-TL have 2 more matches this current round 5, plus 7 more in the final next round 6.

They're currently 6 wins away from qualifying for sure (if STX and KHAN do not post wins anymore xD), 5 wins if they can drastically improve their map score. As I said, slim chance, but oh well.


They are not mathematically eliminated but I don't see how you can say they are 6 wins away from qualifying for sure. That would leave them at 18-24 at the end of the season, and only 4 teams make it, so 4 teams would have to be 17-25 or worse - which is impossible because khan and soul have to play each other at least once still.

6 wins would give them the faintest glimmer of qualifying (like worse than 1 in a million), but even with 9 wins they sit at 21-21 with a terrible map score. That would give them maybe a 1/2 chance of making it (depends on what the other teams do) - but again, only in the case where they win the rest of their games. If they do any worse than that, it quickly becomes nearly impossible to qualify.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
May 20 2013 21:58 GMT
#18
On May 21 2013 04:01 bludragen88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2013 02:16 Proseat wrote:
What a schedule. xD

Hope he and the teams will win everything.

On May 21 2013 01:47 Pandemona wrote:
How do you feel about bringing your team the victory with three straight kills?

Honestly, if I had lost, then it probably would have become very difficult to advance to the post season. Which is why I wanted to win today no matter what. I am really glad right now because I brought my team the victory.


HMMM? They can't advance to the post season? (ala playoffs) Has no one told HerO this ? xD

They still have a slim chance I should think.

EG-TL have 2 more matches this current round 5, plus 7 more in the final next round 6.

They're currently 6 wins away from qualifying for sure (if STX and KHAN do not post wins anymore xD), 5 wins if they can drastically improve their map score. As I said, slim chance, but oh well.


They are not mathematically eliminated but I don't see how you can say they are 6 wins away from qualifying for sure. That would leave them at 18-24 at the end of the season, and only 4 teams make it, so 4 teams would have to be 17-25 or worse - which is impossible because khan and soul have to play each other at least once still.

6 wins would give them the faintest glimmer of qualifying (like worse than 1 in a million), but even with 9 wins they sit at 21-21 with a terrible map score. That would give them maybe a 1/2 chance of making it (depends on what the other teams do) - but again, only in the case where they win the rest of their games. If they do any worse than that, it quickly becomes nearly impossible to qualify.

Let HerO have his moment
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Cuce
Profile Joined March 2011
Turkey1127 Posts
May 21 2013 00:51 GMT
#19
Carriers hero! carriers!!!
64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
May 21 2013 00:56 GMT
#20
Hero can carry EG-TL on his back but they're not going to make the playoffs at this point, If they're really trying that hard I don't understand sending Revival first in both matches last week.
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
May 21 2013 00:59 GMT
#21
Thanks for the interview! I really need to stop liquibetting against EG-TL lol
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
May 21 2013 01:17 GMT
#22
thanks to this interview, the accusations on hero being bm in his games yesterday have been cleared out. i think it is apparent that this weakness he mentioned was also the reason why he built all those cannons and nexi outside reality's base. he was hesitant to finish reality off and he was maxed out so he just put his resources to good use.
"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
May 25 2013 12:02 GMT
#23
Moar Carriers!
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O103
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason96
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16413
Mini 369
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 129
ggaemo 110
firebathero 102
ZZZero.O 88
Terrorterran 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift2045
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2794
fl0m1039
Beastyqt867
mouzStarbuck300
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie709
• Shiphtur263
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 47m
INu's Battles
15h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.