• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:39
CEST 10:39
KST 17:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9662 users

the Pimpest Plays of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
misspoo
Profile Joined December 2012
France63 Posts
April 13 2013 18:12 GMT
#81
I really don't like your edit, we see nothing and when we have a title it's look like pixel rush
Darrkhan
Profile Joined February 2012
Finland1236 Posts
April 13 2013 18:23 GMT
#82
On April 08 2013 23:50 Tidus Mino wrote:
I remember one of the most exciting plays I saw was at ASUS ROG Winter 2012, with BlinG doing a storm drop vs Polt on antiga shipyard, you should add this to your next pimpest plays

On topic, it was really well done, perhaps a little dark in places, I think brighter with more colour would be better


Omg yeah, I was watching that live it was 100% epic!
hal_
Profile Joined September 2012
United States6 Posts
April 13 2013 18:27 GMT
#83
There's way too much colour correction on this
do you want some meth? i don't know anything about it, but the people who made it are dead.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
April 13 2013 19:00 GMT
#84
Ohh and for anybody making any future Pimpest plays please include Korean commentary and better music selection


+ Show Spoiler +
Done perfectly
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
zachMEISTER
Profile Joined December 2010
United States625 Posts
April 13 2013 20:09 GMT
#85
Great video for starters! Though, it could be better. As I used to edit shit like this all the time back in the CS 1.6 glory days, here are some tips I'd give:
  • Shorten your text. Telling a story 3 or 4 words at a time is annoying. Keep it short and sweet. If you must tell a story, it's better to use a paragraph in one scene than several scenes and few words at a time.

  • Adjust the colors. There is an option in every video program called "Color BALANCE"...use it to balance the colors, and then enhance some slightly.

  • Use cut-scenes. Instead of fast-forwarding and showing everything leading up to the scene it's cleaner-cut to just jump right into the scene. If you must show stuff prior to the scene-in-question, just use regular speed. (This one is iffy when dealing with SC2 as some displays of skill are over a longer period of time. I just personally hate the use of fast-forward, it seems tacky and lazy.)

  • Use animations for introductions. Even if your editing isn't professional, you could still animate the introduction a bit with built-in text effects and color effects to distinguish each scene, or player, or race rather than leaving plain-jane, white text to do the job. Here's an example of what I used to use when I made ESEA Clips of the Week.

This is an example of my work I couldn't find much more because most of my clips are physically on a harddrive, and because it was soo long ago. Overall, great start. I realize that editing videos isn't the same for every game, scene, movie, or clip. But these are some general tips I could give you to help you improve your videos.
psillypsybic!
Ventil
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden414 Posts
April 13 2013 20:27 GMT
#86
I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand watching more than 2 minutes of this. The editing was just... bad. The filters and level adjustments just made it impossible to watch.

I've made several movies of this kind myself, and I remember experimenting a lot with color correction, gamma and levels myself. Fortunately, I grew out of that habit as time went on. Hopefully you'll do the same. It's a phase everyone goes through it seems :D

For the music I can't really complain. Everyone got different taste in music I guess.
Twitter: @VeNtiLSC
Maltos
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany6 Posts
April 13 2013 21:51 GMT
#87
Wow didnt expect the thread to come up again. Here are some really serious and helpfull tips i can use for new videos of mine - im really thankfull!
KonanTenshi
Profile Joined June 2012
Sweden210 Posts
April 13 2013 22:32 GMT
#88
you missed the kiwikaki vs stephano where kiwikaki set the new standard of archon toilet.

AND you missed some epic MMA vs DRG games, MVP vs July

I really enjoyed it though, missed some semi important games I think you should've included but the amout of amazing plays out there is to much so I doubt it'd be possible to fill em all in one video.

great work.
Curious
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
April 13 2013 22:46 GMT
#89
Really disappointed with the video quality of this. The colors seemed all wrong and caused me to focus on all the things that were wrong instead of actually focusing on the pimpest plays T.T;

I'd much rather have seen normal resolutions with normal colors ^^;;
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
n0ah
Profile Joined June 2011
United States250 Posts
April 13 2013 23:11 GMT
#90
Did this guy even watch his own video before publishing this?? I admire his passion and effort to make a video like this, but come on... I've never had such a bad headache while watching an sc video. -_-
If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together
WackaAlpaca
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada208 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 02:51:59
April 14 2013 02:44 GMT
#91
I hope the "not very good" pimpest plays wasnt my thread that i made like 2 years ago.

Cuz that would hurt my feelings.

You think your cool because you put a lot of hours into a video? what the hell do you think i did?
Thanks for pissing on other peoples work.

EDIT: Link to my thread (I can't believe that was actually Feb 2011... holy crap so long ago)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177511#1

I thought I did a pretty good job managing that thread by myself, and it seemed to be extremely popular, I can't remember how to check how many "Views" a thread got, but I remember it being over 11 thousand last time i checked (which would have been 2 years ago)

EDIT 02: Figured out the views thing, as of right now it has 35194 views which makes it the "Most popular" pimpest plays thread for sc2 to date. Again, it's great you took the time to make this and contribute to the community, but watch your mouth.
"
ninjamyst
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1903 Posts
April 14 2013 02:51 GMT
#92
ruined so many epic moments with crappy editing....
DenTenker
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States606 Posts
April 14 2013 03:08 GMT
#93
Good video, but some more editing would make this video even more memorable. I can't really say much more than has already been said. Keep practicing! I'm sure these will get better as your editing skills improve and with HotS creating even more epic moments.
If your all in didn't work, you didn't pull the workers.
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 04:56:15
April 14 2013 03:12 GMT
#94
Fitting coda for WOL in a lot of ways. HOTS has so much to offer us and I look forward to seeing a 2013-2014 pimpest plays of HOTS video!

MarineKing vs Kyrix made me nostalgic for a time when I was as optimistic about WOL as I am now about HOTS. SO MANY BANELINGS was such a hype moment
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
April 14 2013 03:37 GMT
#95
My eyes hurt. can pick a not so noisy music too.
AKMU / IU
Supercilium
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden308 Posts
April 14 2013 03:51 GMT
#96
Remember watching the BW pimpest plays-videos a while after SC2 came out and felt that BW was way superior. Over the years there sure are some epic moments in SC2 as well. Really nice nostalgia since I've seen most of them already.
Although I didn´t like some of the editing but it was a really nice video, thanks!
Qntc.YuMe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States792 Posts
April 14 2013 07:56 GMT
#97
On April 09 2013 00:17 alukarD wrote:
Definitely Squirtle vs MVP takes the cake of the video, and probably best overall series of WoL. For me.
But you definitely missed Kiwikaki vs Stephano IPL game. And Grubby vs Nerchio on WCS. Yes Im protoss.

closest series like ever
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 192
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1097
Bisu 519
hero 135
HiyA 120
Shine 40
Mong 38
sorry 27
Bale 27
NotJumperer 22
Killer 19
[ Show more ]
Sharp 16
ZerO 12
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
EffOrt 1
League of Legends
JimRising 504
Counter-Strike
ceh9547
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft763
crisheroes517
Other Games
olofmeister949
singsing490
PiGStarcraft338
Livibee263
ArmadaUGS42
Pyrionflax3
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream555
Other Games
gamesdonequick510
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 14
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH329
• LUISG 22
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2383
League of Legends
• Rush1254
• Jankos1068
• Lourlo1035
• Stunt447
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1h 21m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
15h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 2h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.