• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8823 users

[Interview] Up/Downs Group C 2013 GSL Season 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 12:19:41
March 05 2013 11:46 GMT
#1
(T)MaruPrime

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You advanced as first out of Group C. How do you feel?

I wasn’t even able to go home so I just kept on practicing so I am very glad that I was able to win like this.

You won three games in a row. Did you expect that kind of result?

I didn’t think so. I was just relieved that I had a lot of Terrans in this group. I didn’t have a lot of opportunities to practice WoL so it was just more comfortable for me to play mirror matches.

Group C had a total of three Terran players.

I actually greeted the fact that Group C had three Terrans merrily because I didn’t get to practice WoL a lot. TvTs are easier than all the other match ups so it was just more comforting to play.

You won your game against HerO because you hid your banshee tech and tricked HerO and started off well.

During practice, I lost almost all my games after I did this build order. I was really anxious about what could happen but I am glad that I won. Honestly, I just wasn’t feeling confident about any other build orders (laughs).

You used a proxy rax build order against FanTaSy. Did you decide to do this after seeing FanTaSy do it previously?

After watching FanTaSy’s VODs, I noticed that he really likes to do double CC builds. The proxy rax build order was something that I had decided upon even before I came to the studio.

You’ve been showing a rather poor form ever since your Code S Ro16 placement. What are your goals for this season?

Getting to the Ro16 of Code S will be my goal. Since I achieved this goal once before, I want to achieve it again.

Anything more you would like to say?

I want to thank my parents for always cheering for me. I am glad that I was able to win my WoL match even though I have been preparing nothing but HotS lately. Lastly, I hope ByuN hyung makes it up to Code S tomorrow.

(T)SK Telecom T1 FanTaSy

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You advanced out of your group as second and advanced to Code S.

I’ve wanted to go to Code S for a long time now so I am so glad that I was able to advance like this. I also feel really good and relieved about the fact that I get to start off the first HotS GSL season from Code S.

You became the second KeSPA player to advance to Code S through the Up/Downs right after Shine.

I think KeSPA players have finally adapted to the Up/Downs format. I think that all remaining KeSPA players will also advance through from here on out. Since everyone will be starting over from scratch, I am expecting some really good games to come from HotS.

You did an all in starting from the very first game.

I pretty much came today with a concept in mind. I figured that all my other opponents would keep the possibility of an all in in mind if I started off with a 11/11. I think I made the right call.

Game two was also an all in. Was there a specific reason?

Game one was an 11/11 and game two was a 12/13. I felt that I could trick my opponent into thinking I was going for an 11/11 again and make him sensitive to all ins. I didn’t get to do a lot of damage but I think the game progressed well afterwards.

However, you lost to an 11/11 against Maru.

I think I understood how KeeN felt. It was just so unbelievable (laughs). He played the previous TvT against KeeN very aggressively so I had no idea he would do an all in for me. I was suddenly reminded of last season where I started off with two straight victories and then went on to get eliminated.

Are you worried about the fact that your preparations for HotS was later than eSF players?

I practiced HotS diligently whenever I could so I don’t think there’s going to be that big of a gap. Depending on who practices the hardest once it’s released will determine the end results.

Anything else you would like to say?

Even though he was on break, Hyuk hyung came along with me today. I want to let him know that I appreciated that and that I appreciate all his hard work. Lastly, I want to say that I will be using the upcoming break to ensure that I can put up performances worthy of a Code S player by doing my absolute best.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 05 2013 11:51 GMT
#2
excellent yay maru thanks seeks
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
March 05 2013 12:03 GMT
#3
prime Up and down blessing
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
March 05 2013 12:14 GMT
#4
Yes! Maru!!!
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
March 05 2013 12:17 GMT
#5
omg fantasy advanced?
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
March 05 2013 12:18 GMT
#6
Flash and Fantasy in Cdoe S! Holy shit!
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
March 05 2013 12:25 GMT
#7
Thanks Seeker. Very glad to see Fantasy in Code S. Going to be very interesting to see how he does in Hots. He sounds pretty confident though, which is good.
Flash | Mvp
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
March 05 2013 13:09 GMT
#8
Maru looking bad ass as usual. Glad Fantasy made it through- sad for Hero =(
Long live the Boss Toss!
TeeTS
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany2762 Posts
March 05 2013 13:19 GMT
#9
Maru is the real cutie of Prime. He looks like a small Teddybear :D
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
March 05 2013 13:21 GMT
#10
Captain Fantashy! )
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
March 05 2013 13:42 GMT
#11
Maru should star in a barbarian flick.
WhiteSatin
Profile Joined December 2012
United States308 Posts
March 05 2013 14:00 GMT
#12
i'm so glad maru and fantasy advanced
they seem such nice guys)
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 14:04:54
March 05 2013 14:04 GMT
#13
On March 05 2013 20:46 Seeker wrote:
You became the second KeSPA player to advance to Code S through the Up/Downs right after Shine.

I think KeSPA players have finally adapted to the Up/Downs format. I think that all remaining KeSPA players will also advance through from here on out. Since everyone will be starting over from scratch, I am expecting some really good games to come from HotS.

Guess he doesn't know about the 4/6 KeSPA group.
Liquipedia"Expert"
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
March 05 2013 17:10 GMT
#14
Fantasy <3!
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
March 05 2013 17:19 GMT
#15
It's pretty exciting to have Fantasy & Flash in Code S for the first HoTS season.
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
AlgeriaT
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden2197 Posts
March 05 2013 18:34 GMT
#16
Hyuk!!!!!! <3<3<3
CORN GIRL + Flash + FanTaSy + CholeraSC + iNcontroL 4 eva <3
MiQ
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada312 Posts
March 05 2013 19:53 GMT
#17
fantasy is finaly where he belongs! Seems like such a cool dude, wish I could meet him someday :O
Tons of damage
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
March 05 2013 20:53 GMT
#18
Maruuuh!! I'm feeling that he'll do a big splash in the first HotS GSL.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
revoN
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan804 Posts
March 06 2013 03:15 GMT
#19
I practiced HotS diligently whenever I could so I don’t think there’s going to be that big of a gap. Depending on who practices the hardest once it’s released will determine the end results.
In other words Fantasy is saying between the lines that KeSPA will dominate HOTS from the get-go ;P
StarCraft도 Quake도 좋아해요.
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
March 06 2013 04:34 GMT
#20
Thanks Seeker for the interviews!
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O0
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason102
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16595
Mini 353
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 135
ggaemo 114
firebathero 106
Terrorterran 16
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
Gorgc6337
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift1949
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2294
fl0m1039
Beastyqt844
mouzStarbuck305
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie834
• Shiphtur257
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 50m
INu's Battles
15h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 50m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.