• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7703 users

[Interview] GSL 2013 Season 1 Code S RO8 Day 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 13:48:51
February 22 2013 12:01 GMT
#1
Liquid'Taeja

[image loading]

You advance to RO4 after a nail-biting full set series. How do you feel?

Until yesterday, my hand was hurting so badly that I could hardly play. Then, last night, I had a dream where I was playing against Soulkey. I was worried about my hand the whole time but somehow I played without any trouble. It felt so real for a dream. So when I woke up, I tried holding my mouse and it just felt so much better compared to the day before. In the match itself, I became nervous after giving away two sets but that just makes the victory that much sweeter.

How did you feel when you found out that Soulkey was your opponent in RO8?

I saw Soulkey play against MKP in RO16 and at the time, I was desperately hoping for him to lose. It was because he's a Zerg and a great one at that. When I saw him advance, I learned what despair truly felt like.

How did you prepare for the match?

Soulkey seemed to like the no gas queen build. On top, Soulkey revealed in an interview that he knew about my tendency to go for 3 orbital commands so I based my play around those ideas. Also, I was very determined going into the match because I am not sure if I can make it back into RO8 any time soon.

Who do you want to face in RO4?

I think it'll be a tough fight regardless of who advances. If I had to pick one, I think it'll be better to face a Zerg since I had to prepare TvZ for RO8 already.

How likely do you think it is for you to win the whole season?

I think it's around 70% as long as I win RO4. I practised a lot with Symbol and for some reason, I lost most of my games 2 days ago whereas yesterday, it was the opposite. We had a lot of cool and exciting games too. I hope to face Symbol in the finals.

Anything to add?

I want to thank my parents, hyung, aunt and the fans who always cheer for me. I want to thank Symbol hyung from Azubu for helping with practice. Lastly, I want to thank the sponsors Barracuda, thelittleappfactory, TwitchTV and Razer.

Source: ThisisGame

SamsungKhanRoro

[image loading]

Tell us how you feel about advancing to RO4

I'm feeling fantastic. I thought I had it after winning the second set so giving away two sets like that was disappointing.

How did you prepare for the match once you knew your opponent in RO8 was MC?

MC has played a lot of PvZs lately so I watched all of those VODs. I finished polishing my builds today early morning. I think they worked well as planned and got me the win.

You switched to Mutalisks in Set 1 after the failed Roach aggression. Was that improvised?

From the beginning, I was planning to play reactively. The aggression did fail and I decided Mutalisks were the best course of action.

In Set 2, Phoenix pressure stopped scouting on your part but Zerglings got into MC's base

I saw the one Zealot but it looked like the Zerglings could squeeze by. It felt like MC was playing way too safely. That's why I was very comfortable in all of the sets.

You allowed MC to catch up with two match points to spare. Why do you think that happened?

I had a strategy ready for Set 3 but it went awry after being scouted too quickly. In Set 4, I planned to hold MC's push but failed to make the right number of Zerglings. I had made too many before I realised. I believe that is why I lost that set.

Did you have a strategy ready for Set 5 also?

Nothing in particular. I planned to play reactively once again. It felt for some reason that MC was going for an all-in. That feeling was spot on. At that point, I felt invincible.

Your next opponent is Taeja. What kind of games should we expect?

I watched his match prior to my own. In my opinion, he plays the best Terran possible. I like long series so I'm quite confident for the RO4. I played a best of 5 for the first time today but best of 7 should be even better so I am expecting a lot of myself for the upcoming match.

Other than Taeja, all the seminfainalists are Zergs. You must think you have a chance of winning the season

After getting to RO16, I believed there was no one left who could beat me. Others have said the same. Running into a Protoss in RO8 was the hurdle but I overcame it tonight. RO4 is my best match up so I don't think I should lose.

You have been on a quick rise during the past three seasons. The pressure must be building

It's not like I've achieved anything notable yet so it's too early for pressure to be affecting me. My goal is just to play games that I can be proud of.

Anything to add?

I want to thank my team who was very considerate to me because I am in an individual league. I actually stressed out a lot last night suddenly changing up my strategies. I am most grateful to Lee, Jae Hun who gave me a ton of help with practice. However, I lost Set 3 where I used his strategy so he had better start running when he sees this interview (laugh). I want to thank SKT1's Rain, CJ Entus' herO and the Prtosses on my team for practising with me.

Source: ThisisGame
Translator
ElusoryX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Singapore2047 Posts
February 22 2013 12:04 GMT
#2
haha oh my what a friendly finals if he meets with Symbol...
xd
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
February 22 2013 12:04 GMT
#3
<3 storywriter.

Gogo Taeja!! So happy to see a terran in the Ro4, especially a liquid terran =D
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 22 2013 12:04 GMT
#4
is this a fake interview too?

haha thanks chris! or should i call you christie aka susie
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
February 22 2013 12:04 GMT
#5
Taeja is so awesome
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
February 22 2013 12:05 GMT
#6
storywriter with the fast Terran inspired interview.

Taeja better put his wrists in the freezer ;_;
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Azurues
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia5612 Posts
February 22 2013 12:06 GMT
#7
did god of Terran lend him the power to make his hand no longer painful or something?

sounds too good to be true lol
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
February 22 2013 12:07 GMT
#8
On February 22 2013 21:04 opterown wrote:
is this a fake interview too?

haha thanks chris! or should i call you christie aka susie

haha why is seeker susie again?
Translator
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 22 2013 12:07 GMT
#9
That's a very short interview :o

Anyway, it's interesting that he'd like to play another Zerg in the Ro4.
AdministratorBreak the chains
EmmeCY
Profile Joined June 2012
Malaysia417 Posts
February 22 2013 12:12 GMT
#10
looks like Taeja's dream cured his wrists!
Swiipii
Profile Joined January 2012
2195 Posts
February 22 2013 12:12 GMT
#11
Thanks for the interview !
Taeja vs Symbol finals ! Gogo make it happen !
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
February 22 2013 12:14 GMT
#12
On February 22 2013 21:06 Azurues wrote:
did god of Terran lend him the power to make his hand no longer painful or something?

sounds too good to be true lol


It sounds like a Greek Myth haha . . . good for him anyways XD
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
February 22 2013 12:26 GMT
#13
Taeja <3 good job tonite.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 22 2013 12:27 GMT
#14
On February 22 2013 21:07 storywriter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 21:04 opterown wrote:
is this a fake interview too?

haha thanks chris! or should i call you christie aka susie

haha why is seeker susie again?

michael suh = sounds like sue = susie lol
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 12:29:22
February 22 2013 12:28 GMT
#15
wrong thread
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
February 22 2013 12:37 GMT
#16
The last non zerg left in GSL
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
February 22 2013 12:38 GMT
#17
haha.. thanks.. taeja last wol gsl champ would be awesome.
~ The Ultimate Weapon
WhX
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany778 Posts
February 22 2013 12:42 GMT
#18
He got a decent shot at making it to the finals as long as he continues to play like tonight.
Thanks for the interview(s)!
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
February 22 2013 12:44 GMT
#19
Fuck yea Taeja!
Moderator
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
February 22 2013 12:50 GMT
#20
On February 22 2013 21:06 Azurues wrote:
did god of Terran lend him the power to make his hand no longer painful or something?

sounds too good to be true lol

MVP took it all since he is taking a break in code B for a bit.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1049
RotterdaM555
SteadfastSC284
TKL 203
Rex117
CosmosSc2 30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 555
SteadfastSC 284
TKL 203
Rex 117
CosmosSc2 30
Codebar 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43547
Shuttle 2518
Jaedong 1476
Horang2 778
Mini 554
actioN 506
EffOrt 499
Soulkey 483
Stork 307
Larva 279
[ Show more ]
Soma 233
BeSt 219
ZerO 210
Rush 204
Snow 196
firebathero 129
Last 125
Mong 124
Zeus 102
910 74
Free 70
Mind 67
Hyun 66
hero 58
Sharp 53
PianO 38
sorry 37
Shinee 36
Pusan 33
JYJ 30
Calm 27
Shine 27
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 26
Hm[arnc] 24
Sexy 24
Aegong 21
HiyA 18
Terrorterran 16
scan(afreeca) 11
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4858
Dendi1194
canceldota68
Counter-Strike
fl0m1774
Fnx 530
edward75
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King185
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes669
Lowko372
Other Games
gofns24701
singsing2173
olofmeister1114
hiko549
B2W.Neo333
DeMusliM216
Livibee189
Pyrionflax164
Liquid`VortiX115
QueenE73
Trikslyr61
Khaldor25
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1418
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH168
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2000
• Jankos1467
• TFBlade419
Other Games
• Shiphtur580
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 18m
The PondCast
20h 18m
INu's Battles
21h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.