• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:30
CEST 00:30
KST 07:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7728 users

[Interview] Code S RO32 Group G 2013 GSL Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 14:53:01
January 31 2013 12:33 GMT
#1
(Z)WJStars_Soulkey

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You took a victory in the Ro32 of Code S. Please tell us your thoughts.

I came here in a very relaxed mood, thinking that it would be all right even if I dropped out. Deep down, though, I did want to advance, and I feel great that I ultimately managed to do it.

You played in a group of very strong players such as TaeJa and NesTea. Did you predict that you would make it out of your group first?

I believed that if I didn't manage to come out first, I would end up getting knocked out; that was a feeling that I had. I felt uncertain and thought that I would have a difficult time if I went all the way to the final match due to TaeJa and NesTea-hyung being in my group.

Since you have Proleague on your schedule, too, you must have had trouble preparing for the GSL.

I wasn't able to prepare specifically [for today], so I had the mindset that I should focus on my fundamentals when going into my matches. Unlike in Proleague, I feel comfortable in the GSL, and I think that I perform better in the GSL because of that.

Why do you feel more comfortable at the GSL?

Maybe it's because this is an individual league, but I somehow feel more relaxed in the booth here rather than the one at Yongsan. I don't know the reason all that well (laughs).

Against TaeJa, you showed late-game macro-oriented play with a Muta-Ling-Bane unit composition.

I felt something when I lost to TaeJa at MLG and WCG, and when watching his VODs, I determined that he tends to go for standard play with a heavy-econ bio style. I played as I did because I thought that I could manage to win by playing high-econ, too.

Is there anyone whom you want to face in the Ro16?

I saw Life say that he wants revenge on me in his interview, so I won't try to avoid him, either. I advanced for Life, and if he chooses me, I will rise to the challenge. I'm thinking of creating a 4-Zerg group just like the one before.

Did you have any trouble because of the maps?

I hadn't practiced for Icarus, which I played on today. I did look at the map and think up strategies, and I determined that I could manage with the same strategies as the ones for standard maps.

What are your goals for this season?

When playing my Ro32 matches, I thought that I should play comfortably, but now that I'm in the Ro16, I've started wanting to reach the quarterfinals. As I watched the Code A qualifiers yesterday and today, I felt that I wanted to keep my spot in Code S, so I would like to win in the Ro16 to do so.

Do you have anything more that you would like to say?

I was in a lot of pain yesterday due to gastroenteritis, so I'm thankful to everyone who was concerned for me, and I'm sorry to my team for making them worry. I'm on my way to recovering, so I'll show a much better performance at Proleague, too.



(T)Liquid`TaeJa

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You've succeeded in advancing to the Code S Ro16 at the end of the final match. Please tell us what you think.

I should be happy about making it to the Ro16, but I only feel sorry for the fans. My play wasn't very good, and I think it was because I wasn't able to prepare properly.

We've heard that you've been receiving treatment for two weeks, without even playing in Proleague.

I've been receiving treatment with steroid injections, but because it feels like the pain has been worsening, all I've been doing from one week ago onward is apply compresses at home. I wasn't able to get much practice.

How is your wrist as of right now?

It isn't all that terrible, but it's enough to be noticeable while playing. It feels like I'm wearing a small bag of sand while I'm playing the game. Because I've never been the type to exercise, I knew that this would happen one day, but I didn't know that this condition was such a serious one.

You have to participate in Proleague as well as play in the GSL. Does this feel like too much for you?

I want to play in Proleague, too, but I feel like I'll lose a lot and be a nuisance to my team. I'll go out if my manager says that I need to.

It seems that this will have an impact in your future play, too.

I'll be able to exercise my mental self-control and analyze VODs; outside of that, I'll have to be content with practicing a few games per day.

The group nominations are ahead of you. It seems that you'll need to be matched with easy opponents if you want to advance to the Ro8.

Because the matchup that requires the most micro for Terran is TvZ, I don't want to play TvZ. I want to play TvT or TvP.

Watching today's games, you seemed to have trouble with unit production and multitasking.

I feel that I'll have to work as hard as possible to overcome this. I have my limits, so I'll have to look at all of the maps the same way [while practicing]. If I watch out for Icarus, which tends to produce a lot of all-ins, I think I'll be able to do it.

Around how far do your goals for this season reach?

I don't know for certain yet. I want to see how far I can get by trying my best.

Have you set any final limits for yourself because of your injury?

I'm going to go as far as I can. If it even becomes difficult just to play the game, I think I'll have to receive surgery.

Tell us anything more you would like to say.

I've been staying at home and whining constantly since yesterday, but it's because of how stressed I am, so I hope that you understand. I'm thankful to my team's sponsors, Twitch.tv, Razer, Barracuda, and The Little App Factory. I've heard that Revival and Zenio have broken through the qualifiers, so I want to send my congratulations to them. Also, it's Symbol-hyung's birthday, so I want to congratulate him, too. I'll do my best so that I can perform well in Proleague in the future.



i was going to post this for todays interview but unfortunately i did not get the opportunity to do so. so, rip ;_;

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
January 31 2013 12:34 GMT
#2
A minute quicker than Seeker.
PixelNite
Profile Joined August 2011
France1008 Posts
January 31 2013 12:35 GMT
#3
Let the translator's battle begin !
MirageTaN
Profile Joined June 2012
Singapore871 Posts
January 31 2013 12:37 GMT
#4
LOL so confident about TaeJa advancing. ILIKE!
#TLWIN TI7, TLDota BEST TL
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
January 31 2013 12:39 GMT
#5
2 threads is 1 too many :D
Tell me which one you would like to keep open guys.

Also thank you very much for the translations
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 12:44:00
January 31 2013 12:41 GMT
#6
all right

Poll: which thread do you want to see stay open

mine (10)
 
56%

or mine (8)
 
44%

18 total votes

Your vote: which thread do you want to see stay open

(Vote): mine
(Vote): or mine



On January 31 2013 21:42 Grumbels wrote:
The translation between this and Seeker's is quite different in phrases used etc. I wonder which one is better.

i checked, and mine
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
January 31 2013 12:42 GMT
#7
The translation between this and Seeker's is quite different in phrases used etc. I wonder which one is better.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 31 2013 12:44 GMT
#8
you guys should communicate who is going to do what ;o

there's tons of code A qualifier interviews to be translated, maybe split the workload on those to make it more efficient?
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 31 2013 12:51 GMT
#9
On January 31 2013 21:41 wozzot wrote:
all right

Poll: which thread do you want to see stay open

mine (10)
 
56%

or mine (8)
 
44%

18 total votes

Your vote: which thread do you want to see stay open

(Vote): mine
(Vote): or mine



Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 21:42 Grumbels wrote:
The translation between this and Seeker's is quite different in phrases used etc. I wonder which one is better.

i checked, and mine

lol. You're funny
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
January 31 2013 12:56 GMT
#10
Thanks for translating.

Soulkey. <3
Flash | Mvp
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
January 31 2013 14:23 GMT
#11
done whoo
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
January 31 2013 14:28 GMT
#12
Hopefully TaeJa starts feeling better. Terran needs all the heroes they can get atm. Unfortunately for him, I wouldn't count on dodging TvZ in the RO16
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
PixelNite
Profile Joined August 2011
France1008 Posts
January 31 2013 14:29 GMT
#13
Aah his condition is really poor Hope everything will be fine for TaeJa
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
January 31 2013 14:37 GMT
#14
lol @ all KeSPA players not preparing for GSL, whether it's Code A Prelim or Code S
Sakray
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
France2198 Posts
January 31 2013 14:38 GMT
#15
Ahaha that pic is so awesome
Gratz to Taeja !
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
January 31 2013 14:38 GMT
#16
Thanks for the interview! Sad to see Taeja having issues with his wrist :/
And I laughed so hard at the Nestea picture!!
GreyishTommy
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland147 Posts
January 31 2013 14:41 GMT
#17
that pic is cool, but why hide life's eyes?
MKP/Bomber/ForGG/Creator/Jjakji/SuperNova/San/Byul/Life/DRG/HerO/Seed
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
January 31 2013 14:46 GMT
#18
On January 31 2013 23:41 GreyishTommy wrote:
that pic is cool, but why hide life's eyes?

The picture is being posted in public along with the interviews, so it's for his privacy
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
xAdra
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore1858 Posts
January 31 2013 14:55 GMT
#19
The pic is...too good. Soulkey's play was both excellent as well as exciting today, hoping to see more matches from him.
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
January 31 2013 15:00 GMT
#20
Thanks very much! Also, are Taeja and Symbol clanmates?
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech183
Nina 138
ViBE93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15369
Artosis 441
PianO 18
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever399
canceldota88
NeuroSwarm69
League of Legends
Doublelift4044
Counter-Strike
Fnx 665
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
PPMD39
Other Games
summit1g6248
FrodaN971
shahzam543
C9.Mang0348
RotterdaM100
Mew2King39
fpsfer 1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile135
• StrangeGG 26
• RyuSc2 21
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1139
• Shiphtur620
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
30m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.