• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:59
CEST 20:59
KST 03:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9365 users

[Interview] SPL EG-TL vs KHAN Round 2 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 01:53:37
January 15 2013 00:41 GMT
#1
(P)Samsung KHAN_JangBi
(Z)Samsung KHAN_Sola

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about winning?

JangBi - I had no idea that I was going to finish off the match today. I didn't know that I was going to get sent out on Arkanoid, and I also thought that I was going to lose because HerO was looking really scary with three kills already. I think I won because I got lucky. That's why my joy is twice what it normally is (laughs).
Sola - Today was my debut but the pressure was massive because my opponent was Stephano. Which is why I prepared even harder. I'm glad I was able to pull of my debut with a victory.

Samsung KHAN has finally gotten away from last place.

JangBi - I was always confident. My teammates and I would always converse with each other about how strange it was that we were in last place. We kept on losing so it was decided that more practice would be the answer. I figured that things would eventually work itself out as long as we kept on practicing. Which is why we are currently on a two match winning streak and I also feel like we'll be doing nothing but winning from here on out.
Sola - I didn't expect to get sent out but none the less, I want to thank our head coach for giving me this opportunity. I believe that I was able to win because my Zerg hyungs and coach Joo helped me out a lot.

How did you prepare for today's match?

Sola - I studied Stephano's VODs so that I could prepare my strategies as I tried to match his play style so in the end, I told myself that I was fully capable of winning. I noticed that Stephano likes to play it safe so I decided that I would try to play an economic game before he could and then optimize my build order by going for roaches in order to secure my victory.

How did you feel after you won your debut?

Sola - Once the game timer started counting down my hands got all shaky but I was able to grab the victory with roaches and as soon as I started dancing with them, I was thrilled.

How did you feel after seeing the makne (youngest player) on the team win on his debut?

JangBi - If you look at the history of Samsung KHAN players, Sola earned his debut day much quicker than the others. I think he's take the path of elites (laughs). He also won against a famous player for his debut. There's also a chance that the coach sent him out so that he could grab recognition from other players. I hope that all the rest of our players can also do well after our victory today.

You were sent out in a critical moment.

JangBi - I probably would have been confident about winning had the map been anything other than Arkanoid. But it was Akranoid and it was a PvP. I think the coach sent me out because he believed that I would be able to win the rest of the games as long as I could overcome the Arkanoid one.

You used a four gate build yet again on Arkanoid.

JangBi - I used it the last time I played on Arkanoid so I was going for the whole "there's no way he would go for it again" tactic. Had I played standard, I probably would have lost.

This season's goals?

JangBi - I don't really have a specific goal. I just feel like I have to carry my own weight as the team's ace. Rather than my own individual results, I care more about the team's progress.
Sola - I want to work really hard for the upcoming HotS release and maximize my chances of getting sent out.

How do you plan on preparing for the match against KT Rolster?

JangBi - Personally, I would like to always be the starter. I'm always sent out later and I have no idea when I'll actually get sent out so I have a hard time trying to prepare for my games. It's not like I can't win my games, it's just that my chances of losing are higher. I want to be sent out as a starter so that I can prepare extensively for each and every game. I also want to try grabbing a starter all kill.
Sola - If I get sent out again, I plan on doing my absolute best. Even if I don't get sent out, I want to work really hard and help my teammates with their practice. I want us to win against KT no matter what. Mainly because we're currently on a winning streak so I want to make sure we can ride this momentum all the way to round three and do well there as well.

Anything else you would like to say?

JangBi - For this season, the situation never looked good for our team. The coach even suggested that we go bowling so that we could get our mind off of our losing streak. I'm not sure if that was the specific reason or what but we are now on a two match winning streak. That's our coach! (laughs) I am grateful for that.
Sola - I want to thank the coach for scheduling me into today's match. I also want to thank coach Joo for always having my back, my Zerg hyungs, and Beach for helping me with practice. Lastly, I want to thank my parents and my friends for cheering me on.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
January 15 2013 00:44 GMT
#2
Jangbi so humble :X
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
January 15 2013 00:46 GMT
#3
Thanks for the translation.

Coach Jan doing her best. Samsung stay strong!
kiss kiss fall in love
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 00:56:04
January 15 2013 00:55 GMT
#4
Jangbi #1 I like this Sola/BBata rookie. Looks like he as a good future

Thanks for translations!
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
January 15 2013 00:59 GMT
#5
Jangbi rules.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
January 15 2013 01:01 GMT
#6
So I guess Sola will be the next Zerg bonjwa, yes?

It was great to see Jangbi do so well to finish off the series. I really hope he continues to improve in SC2 and clinches some more titles.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
January 15 2013 01:09 GMT
#7
Sola power heating up the e-sports world!


Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Jmanthedragonguy
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1202 Posts
January 15 2013 01:12 GMT
#8
Thanks for the translation
Ryuhou)aS(
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1174 Posts
January 15 2013 01:27 GMT
#9
Rather than my own individual results, I care more about the team's progress.


this is why i love pro league...The players are all about how their team does, and will do anything they can to make the team win. Sad to see EG-TL lose though :/
BW. There will always be a special place in my heart for the game I spent 10 years to be mediocre at.
Azriel
Profile Joined December 2010
Mexico462 Posts
January 15 2013 01:36 GMT
#10
So to get rid of losing streaks you have to go bowling?

Good to know.
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
January 15 2013 01:45 GMT
#11
Nice interview, and as per usual, thank you for the translation Seeker <3
twitter@RickyMarou
starfinder
Profile Joined March 2012
Japan167 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 01:57:03
January 15 2013 01:45 GMT
#12
On January 15 2013 10:27 Ryuhou)aS( wrote:
Show nested quote +
Rather than my own individual results, I care more about the team's progress.


this is why i love pro league...The players are all about how their team does, and will do anything they can to make the team win. Sad to see EG-TL lose though :/


Right.and this is most important thing why people love NCAA.

young guys united for one purpose:team win.Who won't be impressed by this?
Deleted User 123474
Profile Joined November 2010
292 Posts
January 15 2013 01:49 GMT
#13
On January 15 2013 10:45 starfinder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 10:27 Ryuhou)aS( wrote:
Rather than my own individual results, I care more about the team's progress.


this is why i love pro league...The players are all about how their team does, and will do anything they can to make the team win. Sad to see EG-TL lose though :/


Right.and this is most important thing why people love NBA,NFL,MLB,NFL,Premier League,NFL, AFL, NFL, college football, etc.


Fixed that for you.
Fenrax
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States5018 Posts
January 15 2013 01:54 GMT
#14
Ta-da! Jangbi's fun has been doubled!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 01:56:14
January 15 2013 01:55 GMT
#15
Thanks Seeker! As much as I dislike EG-TL losing lol, I'm happy that Jangbi got the win. Hope to see him and Stork start to improve in SCII so that all the top tier pros from BW can have a greater impact
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
starfinder
Profile Joined March 2012
Japan167 Posts
January 15 2013 01:59 GMT
#16
On January 15 2013 10:49 Komentaja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 10:45 starfinder wrote:
On January 15 2013 10:27 Ryuhou)aS( wrote:
Rather than my own individual results, I care more about the team's progress.


this is why i love pro league...The players are all about how their team does, and will do anything they can to make the team win. Sad to see EG-TL lose though :/


Right.and this is most important thing why people love NBA,NFL,MLB,NFL,Premier League,NFL, AFL, NFL, college football, etc.


Fixed that for you.


thanks.edited.college sports is better example.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
January 15 2013 02:10 GMT
#17
wow jangbi's hand is giant.

it looks like it's trying to grasp sola's shoulder like a mouse lol.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
crashonly
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland418 Posts
January 15 2013 02:11 GMT
#18
Jangbi so good in mindgames!
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
January 15 2013 17:22 GMT
#19
Jangbi for the win, omg
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
illidanx
Profile Joined November 2011
United States973 Posts
January 15 2013 22:50 GMT
#20
jangbang go go
Die-hard KeSPA fan
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason212
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14298
Mini 239
BeSt 221
Dewaltoss 156
Mind 88
Hyun 39
Bale 24
NaDa 20
ZZZero.O 2
Artosis 0
Dota 2
qojqva2801
420jenkins485
Counter-Strike
fl0m4240
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5591
Khaldor1422
Liquid`Hasu1104
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g3632
FrodaN1993
B2W.Neo814
byalli423
ToD130
QueenE69
Railgan49
Mew2King46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1186
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
StarCraft 2
angryscii 35
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 36
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3863
Other Games
• imaqtpie685
• Shiphtur246
• WagamamaTV241
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1m
BSL Open Qualifier
1m
Replay Cast
4h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 1m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.