• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:56
CEST 23:56
KST 06:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5760 users

Polt leaves TSL - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
568 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 29 Next All
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
December 22 2012 23:13 GMT
#361
It'll be EG. Whatever they are doing they are unaffected by the plight of some of these other teams with financial concerns.
In Inca we trust
MrSexington
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1768 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 23:16:02
December 22 2012 23:15 GMT
#362
On December 23 2012 08:03 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:53 MrSexington wrote:
I just want to point out Veterinary School + anything that will take up hours of your time every day/week is kind of insane.

The first 2 years of Veterinary School is just as hard as the first 2 years of Medical School.

I won't be surprised if he decides to quit SC2 after a few months of trying to juggle both.


Which is why Polt's reputation is so respected, he manages to put up top-tier, Code S level play when he should be preoccupied with studying in a difficult program in Korea's best university.


If you're comparing undergrad to veterinary/medical school... it's not comparable. The first year course load is closer to all four years of undergrad combined. And yes, I'm speaking from experience.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it's insane.
MrSexington
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1768 Posts
December 22 2012 23:17 GMT
#363
On December 23 2012 08:11 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:53 MrSexington wrote:
I just want to point out Veterinary School + anything that will take up hours of your time every day/week is kind of insane.

The first 2 years of Veterinary School is just as hard as the first 2 years of Medical School.

I won't be surprised if he decides to quit SC2 after a few months of trying to juggle both.

Is he doing vet school in the US? I know he studies animal science and biotech, but afaik, it sounds like he's doing a language program to brush up his English and not necessarily doing animal science stuff while abroad. And while he'll be juggling courses with SC2, I don't think the language program will take up that much time.


Oh, okay.

That's very different from what I thinking then.
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
December 22 2012 23:23 GMT
#364
TSL without Polt is pretty hard to imagine.
I mean Polt was TSL incarnated...

Would Love Azubu.Polt.
Also Violet and Polt living together ;D The two sexiest korean players.
RIP MKP
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
December 22 2012 23:24 GMT
#365
On December 23 2012 08:17 MrSexington wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 08:11 babylon wrote:
On December 23 2012 07:53 MrSexington wrote:
I just want to point out Veterinary School + anything that will take up hours of your time every day/week is kind of insane.

The first 2 years of Veterinary School is just as hard as the first 2 years of Medical School.

I won't be surprised if he decides to quit SC2 after a few months of trying to juggle both.

Is he doing vet school in the US? I know he studies animal science and biotech, but afaik, it sounds like he's doing a language program to brush up his English and not necessarily doing animal science stuff while abroad. And while he'll be juggling courses with SC2, I don't think the language program will take up that much time.


Oh, okay.

That's very different from what I thinking then.

The Ethan Ahn Tweet only mentions "language training." Otherwise I'd totally agree with you about it being ridiculous. I'm not sure if he has actually finished undergrad yet either; the last I heard was that he took a semester (or a year) off to pursue progaming, so I don't know if he's even applied for vet school yet.
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
December 22 2012 23:25 GMT
#366
I'm rooting for coL or Axm, but moreover, I'm hoping he does indeed go to Liquid. Azubu would be intriguing as well.

While I think EG could afford him if they really wanted to, I'm not sure Polt fits their current Proleague plans.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
December 22 2012 23:26 GMT
#367
On December 23 2012 08:17 MrSexington wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 08:11 babylon wrote:
On December 23 2012 07:53 MrSexington wrote:
I just want to point out Veterinary School + anything that will take up hours of your time every day/week is kind of insane.

The first 2 years of Veterinary School is just as hard as the first 2 years of Medical School.

I won't be surprised if he decides to quit SC2 after a few months of trying to juggle both.

Is he doing vet school in the US? I know he studies animal science and biotech, but afaik, it sounds like he's doing a language program to brush up his English and not necessarily doing animal science stuff while abroad. And while he'll be juggling courses with SC2, I don't think the language program will take up that much time.


Oh, okay.

That's very different from what I thinking then.


Yeah, I doubt he will go to study Animal Biotechnology in the US. I'm pretty certain its an opportunity to improve his English skills and attend foreign tournaments, rather than study at an American university.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
December 22 2012 23:29 GMT
#368
You guys are noobs and don't know a thing, he clearly is coming to america to marry me.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
December 22 2012 23:31 GMT
#369
On December 23 2012 08:26 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 08:17 MrSexington wrote:
On December 23 2012 08:11 babylon wrote:
On December 23 2012 07:53 MrSexington wrote:
I just want to point out Veterinary School + anything that will take up hours of your time every day/week is kind of insane.

The first 2 years of Veterinary School is just as hard as the first 2 years of Medical School.

I won't be surprised if he decides to quit SC2 after a few months of trying to juggle both.

Is he doing vet school in the US? I know he studies animal science and biotech, but afaik, it sounds like he's doing a language program to brush up his English and not necessarily doing animal science stuff while abroad. And while he'll be juggling courses with SC2, I don't think the language program will take up that much time.


Oh, okay.

That's very different from what I thinking then.


Yeah, I doubt he will go to study Animal Biotechnology in the US. I'm pretty certain its an opportunity to improve his English skills and attend foreign tournaments, rather than study at an American university.

I was thinking it's probably a foreign exchange/study abroad program, so he'll maybe be taking classes at a partnered university in the USA. It lines up pretty well time-wise as well, since most US universities start the new semester early-January. But this is all speculation, of course.
WetSocks
Profile Joined June 2012
United States953 Posts
December 22 2012 23:34 GMT
#370
Polt is one clever nerd baller! Calling it, coL Polt!
Humfluxx
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden47 Posts
December 22 2012 23:54 GMT
#371
EG.Polt? :D
MMM
Gihi
Profile Joined September 2011
384 Posts
December 22 2012 23:57 GMT
#372
EG needs a decent Terran + he's friends with Revival, Puma, JYP and Stephano.
defnotGeorge
Profile Joined October 2010
United States80 Posts
December 23 2012 00:00 GMT
#373
ROOTPolt please!
Sandermatt
Profile Joined December 2010
Switzerland1365 Posts
December 23 2012 00:06 GMT
#374
On December 23 2012 07:55 Glurkenspurk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:40 GTPGlitch wrote:
On December 23 2012 07:16 Sandermatt wrote:
Somehow Polt does not look like a potential TL recruit to me. He has been known for a long time and teamliquid tends to buy players who are on the rise.


IMO that's more of a financing issue than a set-in-stone behavior style. Taeja, Hero, and Zenio were all fairly mediocre in the beginning and I don't think many people predicted how good they would get (especially since Hero didn't get much screen time when oGs also had MC/Vines/Inca).

With Barracuda Networks, anything is possible


Zenio's peak was before he got on TL.


But Zenio was only baught because he had to leave oGs.
Mallement
Profile Joined January 2012
Denmark39 Posts
December 23 2012 00:06 GMT
#375
Hopes he findes a nice team !
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
December 23 2012 00:18 GMT
#376
I loooooooove Polt. I hope he finds a new team soon
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
MatiaasS !
Profile Joined October 2011
Chile167 Posts
December 23 2012 00:18 GMT
#377
Woow i did't expect Polt to leave TSL
Team EG, TL and IM ! || Tennis For Life ♥ RF ♥
izmatic
Profile Joined November 2012
United States104 Posts
December 23 2012 00:23 GMT
#378
On December 22 2012 21:07 OdiousTea wrote:
D; I guess it's not even close to the "SCV" Life anymore


i love Center but what a blow to the roster of TSL
two wrongs dont make a right, and three rights make a left
TheOuroboros
Profile Joined December 2010
France68 Posts
December 23 2012 00:24 GMT
#379
On December 23 2012 08:25 Angelbelow wrote:
I'm rooting for coL or Axm, but moreover, I'm hoping he does indeed go to Liquid. Azubu would be intriguing as well.

While I think EG could afford him if they really wanted to, I'm not sure Polt fits their current Proleague plans.


Exactly what I think, they are focusing on proleague so Polt would not be a good choice. They also recruited 2 players recently and I don't think Jaedong was cheap.
negativedge
Profile Joined December 2011
4279 Posts
December 23 2012 00:32 GMT
#380
TSL exists to lose players

glhf Polt
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
SpeCial 97
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 162
firebathero 78
910 39
NaDa 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm58
Counter-Strike
Fnx 787
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0181
PPMD49
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9548
Liquid`Hasu1773
Trikslyr94
Other Games
summit1g6280
Liquid`RaSZi5785
shahzam525
JimRising 212
B2W.Neo196
Pyrionflax169
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream348
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1022
Other Games
• imaqtpie1095
• Shiphtur253
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 4m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.