• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:08
CEST 15:08
KST 22:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8508 users

Fantasy Proleague '12-13 Round 1 - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
1887 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 95 Next
View results and standings here.
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
December 07 2012 04:33 GMT
#241
Stats is ridiculously undervalued. Finally after so many years I can get him and Flash on the same team.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
December 07 2012 04:37 GMT
#242
On December 07 2012 13:27 YourGoodFriend wrote:
At what point did people start believing that Kespa teams will do better than a team sporting people who are winning a lot both inside and out of Korea (Stephano, TaeJa, and HerO all on the same team) Plus TaeJa and Stephano are known for being beasts in Team Leagues. If EG/TL drops more than one match this entire season I will be shocked.


Don't pick players based only on skill, but based on the points they will give you.

EGTL players will travel and miss games (Taeja HerO and Stephano already missing this week). They have more tournaments to prepare for, while Kespa players only have Proleague. Games are best of 1 with assigned maps and matchups, so preparation can sometimes be more important than skill. Not sure who EGTL's ace is, and it's possible to get an ace player for the same value (BaBy).

No one is saying EGTL won't win or have bad players. EGTL will probably do really well and the players mentioned win many games. But there are other factors in deciding how to make a team.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
khaydarin9
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia423 Posts
December 07 2012 04:43 GMT
#243
On December 07 2012 13:27 Pratoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 13:24 vesicular wrote:
On December 07 2012 13:15 Pratoss wrote:
question about anti team if a player loses his game and gets -1 points and you have them on your anti team you gain that point right? or does it only subtract positive points and not give you any negative points?


A player loss (-1) is offset by the fact that they were in the lineup (+1), so the net result is zero.

hmm ok what about if they lose the ace match as well what would the outcome be then?


+1 points, I believe - so if that player is on your anti-team, you're losing a point. You don't want players who are likely to be picked for Ace on your anti-.

Having said that, I need to have a long, hard think about whether I want to keep Baby on my anti.
Be safe, Woo Jung Ho <3
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
December 07 2012 04:47 GMT
#244
On December 07 2012 13:27 YourGoodFriend wrote:
At what point did people start believing that Kespa teams will do better than a team sporting people who are winning a lot both inside and out of Korea (Stephano, TaeJa, and HerO all on the same team) Plus TaeJa and Stephano are known for being beasts in Team Leagues. If EG/TL drops more than one match this entire season I will be shocked.


Stephano, TaeJa, and HerO are worth 21 points and don't even play the first week. Have fun filling out the other 3 spots + team with the remaining 9 points.
STX Fighting!
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
December 07 2012 04:48 GMT
#245
Has CJ.Snow switched to terran for SC2?
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 07 2012 04:48 GMT
#246
On December 07 2012 13:47 vesicular wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 13:27 YourGoodFriend wrote:
At what point did people start believing that Kespa teams will do better than a team sporting people who are winning a lot both inside and out of Korea (Stephano, TaeJa, and HerO all on the same team) Plus TaeJa and Stephano are known for being beasts in Team Leagues. If EG/TL drops more than one match this entire season I will be shocked.


Stephano, TaeJa, and HerO are worth 21 points and don't even play the first week. Have fun filling out the other 3 spots + team with the remaining 9 points.

haha those three + EGTL + 3 one-pointers!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
OblivionMage
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada377 Posts
December 07 2012 05:02 GMT
#247
On December 07 2012 13:48 Warpath wrote:
Has CJ.Snow switched to terran for SC2?


Roger that.

I'm so confident in my team I'm not going to post it. Time to win FPL.
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
December 07 2012 05:04 GMT
#248
I always thought getting the main team together will be more difficult than anti-team. But no way, I had main team done in like 10 minutes and I am changing my anti-team for like 3 hours already....
two anti-teams I came up with were Bisu + Best + Zenio or Bisu + Jaehoon + Mini. But I guess I will change it again in like 20 minutes -.-
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
December 07 2012 05:06 GMT
#249
On December 07 2012 14:04 Ammanas wrote:
I always thought getting the main team together will be more difficult than anti-team. But no way, I had main team done in like 10 minutes and I am changing my anti-team for like 3 hours already....
two anti-teams I came up with were Bisu + Best + Zenio or Bisu + Jaehoon + Mini. But I guess I will change it again in like 20 minutes -.-


Get the dong already on your anti!
+ Show Spoiler +
CURSED
The curse is real
Swish 41
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany154 Posts
December 07 2012 05:07 GMT
#250
I never would play any of these fantasy-stuff things. Thats the most boring thing ever.
CiCeRoSC2
Profile Joined October 2012
United States83 Posts
December 07 2012 05:10 GMT
#251
Potential bargains in IdrA and HuK for the early part of the season. I think HuK is showing signs of a comeback, and IdrA practicing in Korea could still be a force given his superior experience in SC2. Stephano may be a bargain as well, though we'll see with the zerg nerfs.
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
December 07 2012 05:12 GMT
#252
On December 07 2012 14:07 Swish 41 wrote:
I never would play any of these fantasy-stuff things. Thats the most boring thing ever.

Then why post, mate?
Who dat ninja?
Sway.746
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States95 Posts
December 07 2012 05:15 GMT
#253
On December 07 2012 13:27 YourGoodFriend wrote:
At what point did people start believing that Kespa teams will do better than a team sporting people who are winning a lot both inside and out of Korea (Stephano, TaeJa, and HerO all on the same team) Plus TaeJa and Stephano are known for being beasts in Team Leagues. If EG/TL drops more than one match this entire season I will be shocked.


I'll bet you $5 that KT beats EG/TL in the first match against KT.
moochu
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia374 Posts
December 07 2012 05:21 GMT
#254
I think my favourite thing about fantasy pl is watching players on anti teams go on massive streaks. Anyone have bisu on their anti team during the 2010-2011 season?
mrbamboo
Profile Joined December 2010
United States415 Posts
December 07 2012 05:21 GMT
#255
Team Bamboo

Main Team
3 (Z)Crazy-Hydra
6 (P)Flying
7 (P)herO[jOin] (captain)
2 (T)Mind
2 (Z)SonGDuri
6 (P)Stork
4 [tlpd#teams##sc2-korean]Samsung Khan[/tlpd]

Anti Team
4 (P)Mini
6 (Z)soO
3 (P)Terminator


My initial draft so far. Most likely will be changed over the next day.

Couple clarifications on rules:
Main team trade include trading the actual team correct? In fantasy GSTL we could trade team but it incurred no -1 penalty. The penalty was only when trading players. The rules doesn't explicitly indicate that, so I want to know if this is still the case.
Game Win/Loss doesn't count for ace games correct? You only get the Ace Win/Loss score, and not in addition to the Game Win/Loss score. This makes the most sense as +6/-3 seems to be too much.

Team:
I think Samsung KHAN is the most sensible choice to start out with. They had the best group score in the last proleague, then placed second. And they are against the weakest team Team 8 in the first round. If anything their trade value will go up, and they are already worth quite a bit at 4, it should be easy to trade for another team later if necessary.

Captain:
Picking the captain is tricky, he's the one player you can never trade away. You'll want to go with a really good consistent player that is likely to see a lot of play every week. This pretty much rules out anyone on EGTL because their players will be attending the most foreign tournaments. Having your captain not even present in the line up and not being able to trade him that week will be painful. This is pretty unfortunate as Taeja and Jaedong would've been my top choices for Team Captain otherwise. After ruling out EGTL players, the next choice became pretty straight forward to me: herO from CJ Entus. CJ Entus won the last proleague, and herO was their Ace. This guy's got a near 70% win ratio between WCS and proleague for SC2. And he's only 7 points to buy, 30% cheaper than Flash! My other captain choices were SoulKey and Fantasy but in the end herO won out for my pick.

Main team
There's a couple of things to consider.
1) Pick players that are in the lineup. Worst case scenario they lose and its +1/-1 and nets out even. So start at the match up start picking out some player that you think will win their match is a great start.
2) Pick someone who's going to be on the winning team. I think a lot of these matches are really close, and with tons of unknown Kespa players (or at least, unknown how well they've transitioned into SC2), and lots of new maps, it's quite a bit of gamble. You minimize your risk by picking player on the team that is more likely to win. So even if the player loses, you still net 1 point if their team wins.
3) Aces. These are the people that can score you the big points, but also expensive to get.

Now for my specific picks:

Crazy-Hydra - Sorry Huk, I just don't think you can win this match. Sure you had a decent run in IPL and only lost of sniper and life, who are the two most recent GSL champions. But you didn't beat any other korean zergs recently either. I'm mostly planning on trading Crazy-Hydra afterwards when his value goes up.

SonGDuri + Mind - None of the 1 point players are playing the 1st round, and pretty much no one has heard of. So they were out. I needed to get a few two point person to save point to spend on other slots. Out of all the 2 pointers that are seeing play, SonGDuri has the weakest opponent, and the least likely to get shit stomped. PuMa has not played well in a long long time so I think Mind could take the win there. Interesting thing is SonGDuri and Mind are both completely unknown players and didn't play in the last proleague. They are both playing in the final 6th spot on the new map. I don't know what that really means but they could just be the new break out up and comers from CJ Entus and KT Rolster. And if they aren't, I'd say their teams are slightly favored to win the first round anyhow.

Stork - Cuz he's freaking Stork. Also he's got a pretty good record on SC2 (although small sample size, but that's the same for all the kespa players). And He's going to see a lot of play and do well (went 8-3 in last proleague, and helped put KHAN at #1 in group stage).

Flying - This guy is really good. It's unfortunate because he has 0 vsZ matches in TLPD for sc2. But his vT and vP both seem really strong, beating a lot of really top players. His opponent in round one doesn't seem that good so unless his vZ is just way worse than his other match ups, he's going to do well.

Well there's my picks. I originally had Jaedong, and then had Fantasy. I won't make you read pages of why I ended up changing them though. It was a tough call.

Anti Team
Pick players that won't likely to see a lot of play on a team that won't win as much. Or if they are bad. But most of the bad players aren't worth a lot of points so it's hard to get to 13.

My picks
soo - His record so far is not that good, and his opponent Trap is actually doing really well (62% win and quite a few games). I think for 6 points he is the best anti team choice.
Mini - 4 point player that isn't in this week's line up? hellz yeah. This guy also has like a 35% win ratio too. Although he did beat Flash in Code A.
Terminator - This was actually started as a mistake. The TL matchup says Stork plays vs Sang (zerg). Actually Sang is Terminator, and he's protoss (wtf?) and the captain of Team 8. So I originally thought he wasn't going to be in the line up this week which why I got him on the Anti Team. On the other hand. he's probably still going to lose to Stork, and T8 is not going to win a lot. And I need a 3 point player to meet the 13 points requirement and all the other 3 point players still look better than him.
------

First round analysis

KT vs EGTL
I think KT has the slight edge. All of EGTL's power players besides Jaedong (Taeja, HerO and Stephano) are not playing. Jaedong's match will be hard, too. Stats is KT's other Ace last proleague and he did very well, including beating Jaedong. I believe in Jaedong as I'm a huge fan of his, but it really could go either way. Huk/Puma/JYP/Zenio all haven't had great results in a long time. Maybe they can redeem themselves. Thorzain's actual got the best chance at winning his match as Action doesn't seem that strong and the recent seeker buff + infester nerf will help with Thorzain's spoon terran style. I call 4-2 KT wins, no ace match. If it somehow does go down to Ace tho, My god a flash vs jaedong ace in the first set of the first day of sc2 proleague will blow my mind.

STX vs SKT
SKT is slightly favored in this one. Rain vs Bogus will be a really good match. All the matches can be fairly close except I think Fantasy will win game 6 most likely. Rain will probably win Ace match if it comes to it.


CJ Entus vs Woongjin Stars
It'll be a really close match. I see Flying, Soulkey, and Zero taking their games and herO, effOrt and hopefully SonGDuri to bring it to an ace match and then herO wins the ace against probably soulkey. At least that result would be sweet for my fantasy scoring.

T8 vs KHAN
KHAN is pretty heavily favored. I think they are favored in the first 3 matches and Game 4 and 5 being very close. Although TurN doesn't seem very strong so if T8 can somehow win both game 4 and 5 they can bring it to an Ace match, but they'll lose the Ace anyway. I say most likely 4-1 win for KHAN.

-----

Damn that was a lot of writing. So excited for fantasy proleague. I'll probably be posting my analysis and trades each week in the fantasy discussion thread just like I did for fantasy GSTL.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 05:29:50
December 07 2012 05:24 GMT
#256
On December 07 2012 14:04 Ammanas wrote:
I always thought getting the main team together will be more difficult than anti-team. But no way, I had main team done in like 10 minutes and I am changing my anti-team for like 3 hours already....
two anti-teams I came up with were Bisu + Best + Zenio or Bisu + Jaehoon + Mini. But I guess I will change it again in like 20 minutes -.-

I think there are better choices than Zenio and Mini. Personally I think Mini will do well, and Zenio is a bad pick simply because he'll win half his games but get a bunch of points simply from EG-TL winning their matches.

On December 07 2012 13:33 J1.au wrote:
Stats is ridiculously undervalued. Finally after so many years I can get him and Flash on the same team.

I think so too.
:)
Nepgear
Profile Joined December 2012
Japan14 Posts
December 07 2012 05:31 GMT
#257
Okay I literally hope bisu will make it rain fantasy points for my team
逃走少女と契約しました。猫だけど。
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
December 07 2012 05:34 GMT
#258
Thank you TL! I had so much fun making my team. Just like old times. A bunch of players I think have potential and really good multitasking. I even threw Idra in as well! (j/k)

I picked a bunch of players I'm going to have fun rooting for. I don't see myself making any trades this season. See how lucky I get.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
coolcor
Profile Joined February 2011
520 Posts
December 07 2012 05:37 GMT
#259
I picked zenio, jyp and puma hoping they are still better than most of the Kespa players worth 3-4 points and they wont get sent out of Korea as much as the bigger EG-TL players. (Someone always has to stay behind each week). EG-TL is also my team so if they win I'll get lots of points! Anti-team is all team 8.

Does anybody know if any pro players, casters or other esports people play fantasy league? It would be cool to see how they do especially if any Koreans play it. (Can somebody tell them it exists? )





Gonff
Profile Joined May 2010
United States686 Posts
December 07 2012 05:39 GMT
#260
Hey Monk (or whoever works under the hood of fantasy proleague),

After signups are closed, would it be possible to get a look at statistics on what % of participants picked which players/teams? (at least, if it's not too much work) I think it would be fascinating to see, for example, how many of us made Taeja our captain or anti-teamed Bisu.

Thanks for putting this together!
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC127
EnkiAlexander 11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
SteadfastSC 127
Rex 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50771
Bisu 2259
Horang2 1301
Hyuk 615
BeSt 480
EffOrt 428
Mini 398
Light 354
Soma 329
Larva 287
[ Show more ]
ZerO 185
Shuttle 152
Rush 138
Mong 93
Leta 89
Barracks 83
Snow 69
Pusan 63
ToSsGirL 50
Mind 47
Aegong 33
JYJ 28
Sexy 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 12
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4742
XaKoH 401
Counter-Strike
Fnx 719
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1404
Khaldor1121
Lowko503
Other Games
gofns33041
singsing2033
olofmeister1271
B2W.Neo426
hiko402
Livibee194
Beastyqt114
Liquid`VortiX90
Mew2King75
ArmadaUGS69
ZerO(Twitch)11
djWHEAT9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 258
ComeBackTV 182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 98
Other Games
BasetradeTV52
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH196
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 53m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 53m
Online Event
21h 53m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.