• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7321 users

HotS release date: March 12th - Page 43

Forum Index > SC2 General
1196 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 60 Next
Remember you can pre-order your copy through the TL store and help support Team Liquid! It's also an easy way to get a beta key!
MasterFischer
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark836 Posts
November 14 2012 08:52 GMT
#841
On November 14 2012 17:46 niilzon wrote:
I pre-ordered yesterday through the eu.battle.net website. Now I realize that I will probably not get a Beta key because I did not use any coupon, did not go through the TL store or anything
Is there any way I can fix this ? I've been eager to play the beta since start, I bought all the Blizz games since Warcraft 2 and played them at a competitive level, provided feedback during previous beta's etc.. And even after a pre-ordering I still can't beta test it..
This makes me extremely annoyed I know I could have looked at the TL site before ordering, that's not the point : is there any way I can get a beta somehow, now that I already pre-purchased ?
Thanks for any information !!



Cancel your existing pre-order.


1. Pre-order at amazon.com.

2. Wait 4 days

3. Cancel your pre-order at amazon.com

4. Attach the beta key to your starcraft 2 account.

5. Play HOTS beta for 5 months

6. Buy the game cheaper elsewhere for release day.

7. Profit

8. ?????
WHO is this who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?
Kamwah
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom724 Posts
November 14 2012 08:55 GMT
#842
GAME in the UK are offering beta for preorders.
Learn to count with CatsPajamas!
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 09:02:48
November 14 2012 09:00 GMT
#843
On November 14 2012 17:52 MasterFischer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 17:46 niilzon wrote:
I pre-ordered yesterday through the eu.battle.net website. Now I realize that I will probably not get a Beta key because I did not use any coupon, did not go through the TL store or anything
Is there any way I can fix this ? I've been eager to play the beta since start, I bought all the Blizz games since Warcraft 2 and played them at a competitive level, provided feedback during previous beta's etc.. And even after a pre-ordering I still can't beta test it..
This makes me extremely annoyed I know I could have looked at the TL site before ordering, that's not the point : is there any way I can get a beta somehow, now that I already pre-purchased ?
Thanks for any information !!



Cancel your existing pre-order.


1. Pre-order at amazon.com.

2. Wait 4 days

3. Cancel your pre-order at amazon.com

4. Attach the beta key to your starcraft 2 account.

5. Play HOTS beta for 5 months

6. Buy the game cheaper elsewhere for release day.

7. Profit

8. ?????

rotfl can you really do this?
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
November 14 2012 09:04 GMT
#844
My god... I am going to get bankrupt because of the game that I don't even know if I am going to like. So far as Terran I don't like HoTS. But I have 4xWoL and I love Starcraft so...
I have already bought 2xHoTS - one electronic by battle.net and Collector's Edition through teamliquid.net store. It could be cheaper, really, it is just an add-on :/
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
MasterFischer
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark836 Posts
November 14 2012 09:06 GMT
#845
On November 14 2012 18:00 Garmer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 17:52 MasterFischer wrote:
On November 14 2012 17:46 niilzon wrote:
I pre-ordered yesterday through the eu.battle.net website. Now I realize that I will probably not get a Beta key because I did not use any coupon, did not go through the TL store or anything
Is there any way I can fix this ? I've been eager to play the beta since start, I bought all the Blizz games since Warcraft 2 and played them at a competitive level, provided feedback during previous beta's etc.. And even after a pre-ordering I still can't beta test it..
This makes me extremely annoyed I know I could have looked at the TL site before ordering, that's not the point : is there any way I can get a beta somehow, now that I already pre-purchased ?
Thanks for any information !!



Cancel your existing pre-order.


1. Pre-order at amazon.com.

2. Wait 4 days

3. Cancel your pre-order at amazon.com

4. Attach the beta key to your starcraft 2 account.

5. Play HOTS beta for 5 months

6. Buy the game cheaper elsewhere for release day.

7. Profit

8. ?????

rotfl can you really do this?


Why shouldn't you be able to do this ?
WHO is this who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?
snexwang
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia224 Posts
November 14 2012 09:17 GMT
#846
On November 14 2012 18:04 Asturas wrote:
My god... I am going to get bankrupt because of the game that I don't even know if I am going to like. So far as Terran I don't like HoTS. But I have 4xWoL and I love Starcraft so...
I have already bought 2xHoTS - one electronic by battle.net and Collector's Edition through teamliquid.net store. It could be cheaper, really, it is just an add-on :/
Do you really need four accounts now that global play is coming?
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 09:37:00
November 14 2012 09:36 GMT
#847
On November 14 2012 18:06 MasterFischer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 18:00 Garmer wrote:
On November 14 2012 17:52 MasterFischer wrote:
On November 14 2012 17:46 niilzon wrote:
I pre-ordered yesterday through the eu.battle.net website. Now I realize that I will probably not get a Beta key because I did not use any coupon, did not go through the TL store or anything
Is there any way I can fix this ? I've been eager to play the beta since start, I bought all the Blizz games since Warcraft 2 and played them at a competitive level, provided feedback during previous beta's etc.. And even after a pre-ordering I still can't beta test it..
This makes me extremely annoyed I know I could have looked at the TL site before ordering, that's not the point : is there any way I can get a beta somehow, now that I already pre-purchased ?
Thanks for any information !!



Cancel your existing pre-order.


1. Pre-order at amazon.com.

2. Wait 4 days

3. Cancel your pre-order at amazon.com

4. Attach the beta key to your starcraft 2 account.

5. Play HOTS beta for 5 months

6. Buy the game cheaper elsewhere for release day.

7. Profit

8. ?????

rotfl can you really do this?

Why shouldn't you be able to do this ?
dunno maybe blizzard will block your code later on
MasterFischer
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark836 Posts
November 14 2012 09:38 GMT
#848
On November 14 2012 18:36 Garmer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 18:06 MasterFischer wrote:
On November 14 2012 18:00 Garmer wrote:
On November 14 2012 17:52 MasterFischer wrote:
On November 14 2012 17:46 niilzon wrote:
I pre-ordered yesterday through the eu.battle.net website. Now I realize that I will probably not get a Beta key because I did not use any coupon, did not go through the TL store or anything
Is there any way I can fix this ? I've been eager to play the beta since start, I bought all the Blizz games since Warcraft 2 and played them at a competitive level, provided feedback during previous beta's etc.. And even after a pre-ordering I still can't beta test it..
This makes me extremely annoyed I know I could have looked at the TL site before ordering, that's not the point : is there any way I can get a beta somehow, now that I already pre-purchased ?
Thanks for any information !!



Cancel your existing pre-order.


1. Pre-order at amazon.com.

2. Wait 4 days

3. Cancel your pre-order at amazon.com

4. Attach the beta key to your starcraft 2 account.

5. Play HOTS beta for 5 months

6. Buy the game cheaper elsewhere for release day.

7. Profit

8. ?????

rotfl can you really do this?

Why shouldn't you be able to do this ?
dunno maybe blizzard will block your code later on


They won't. Don't be ridiculous? How would that be able to do that? Let alone find out? Nah bro. You're safe.
WHO is this who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?
Spidinko
Profile Joined May 2010
Slovakia1174 Posts
November 14 2012 09:40 GMT
#849
If I buy the game through TL's preorder, when do I get the beta key? Does it still apply?
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
November 14 2012 09:56 GMT
#850
Are there any other deals going on like this for Australians?

I could do it through Amazon, but would need to wait a week or so on release? Anybody know where I can pre-order plus get beta key?
Derp
ChApFoU
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
France2984 Posts
November 14 2012 09:58 GMT
#851
Wait a minute. Amazon.com charges me 25 bucks for delivery and taxes because I'm outside the US. Can anyone confirm I'll be able to modify my order so that they'll ship the EU version ?

I'd really like to get my hands on the beta, but I'm not willing to get ripped of 25$ just for a beta key and TL supporting :/

Thx
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper in a genius" Kang Min
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
November 14 2012 10:07 GMT
#852
On November 14 2012 18:58 ChApFoU wrote:
Wait a minute. Amazon.com charges me 25 bucks for delivery and taxes because I'm outside the US. Can anyone confirm I'll be able to modify my order so that they'll ship the EU version ?

I'd really like to get my hands on the beta, but I'm not willing to get ripped of 25$ just for a beta key and TL supporting :/

Thx


Hey mate, I'm from Australia and looked around and found stores in my country are offering beta keys.

I'm sure they would do it for your country as well if you look for popular stores.
Derp
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
November 14 2012 10:14 GMT
#853
40$ compared to 55€ in Germany, what a joke
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
dronescout
Profile Joined March 2010
Iceland246 Posts
November 14 2012 10:32 GMT
#854
I wonder, do I get a Beta key for preordering through Battle.net? I was going to pre-order from amazon but I got problems because Amazon can't ship to my address.
I will destroy everyone in 2017
Ryder.
Profile Joined January 2011
1117 Posts
November 14 2012 10:36 GMT
#855
On November 14 2012 18:56 blug wrote:
Are there any other deals going on like this for Australians?

I could do it through Amazon, but would need to wait a week or so on release? Anybody know where I can pre-order plus get beta key?

Both JB Hi-Fi and EB games are doing the same sort of deal for HOTS pre-orders. Price is $50 for standard edition and $90 for collectors edition at both places.

I would link you but I trust you will find it pretty easily
malaan
Profile Joined September 2010
365 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 11:01:07
November 14 2012 10:57 GMT
#856
just ordered it from GAME... does anyone know when the BETA key will be sent to me? nothing about it on the site

EDIt - nevermind.. they are sending out the BETA keys on the 15th
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
November 14 2012 11:01 GMT
#857
On November 14 2012 19:36 Ryder. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 18:56 blug wrote:
Are there any other deals going on like this for Australians?

I could do it through Amazon, but would need to wait a week or so on release? Anybody know where I can pre-order plus get beta key?

Both JB Hi-Fi and EB games are doing the same sort of deal for HOTS pre-orders. Price is $50 for standard edition and $90 for collectors edition at both places.

I would link you but I trust you will find it pretty easily


Yeah lol, all sorted cheers.

Also to the guy above me, I've noticed that all the places I've seen so far offering the beta keys they say you will receive it between 1-4 days.
Derp
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
November 14 2012 11:50 GMT
#858
On November 14 2012 19:14 Type|NarutO wrote:
40$ compared to 55€ in Germany, what a joke


no one forces u to buy on amazon, there is the blizzard shop for european people...39.99 etc -_-
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
MVega
Profile Joined November 2010
763 Posts
November 14 2012 12:00 GMT
#859
On November 14 2012 18:00 Garmer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 17:52 MasterFischer wrote:
On November 14 2012 17:46 niilzon wrote:
I pre-ordered yesterday through the eu.battle.net website. Now I realize that I will probably not get a Beta key because I did not use any coupon, did not go through the TL store or anything
Is there any way I can fix this ? I've been eager to play the beta since start, I bought all the Blizz games since Warcraft 2 and played them at a competitive level, provided feedback during previous beta's etc.. And even after a pre-ordering I still can't beta test it..
This makes me extremely annoyed I know I could have looked at the TL site before ordering, that's not the point : is there any way I can get a beta somehow, now that I already pre-purchased ?
Thanks for any information !!



Cancel your existing pre-order.


1. Pre-order at amazon.com.

2. Wait 4 days

3. Cancel your pre-order at amazon.com

4. Attach the beta key to your starcraft 2 account.

5. Play HOTS beta for 5 months

6. Buy the game cheaper elsewhere for release day.

7. Profit

8. ?????

rotfl can you really do this?


People keep saying that it's doable, I'm not so sure it is though. Even if it is, it's pretty low to do that. We'll have to see once they start sending out beta keys.
bumkin: How can you play like 50 games per day... I 4gate 2 times then it's nap time
Morphs
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands645 Posts
November 14 2012 12:17 GMT
#860
Sigh... Seems like Activision grew impatient and forced a release date upon Blizzard again, just like in WoL. We all know how WoL was at release.

So lets hope those months will suffice and all design issues will be resolved. Number tweaking can be done afterwards.
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2568
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm202
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe182
Other Games
summit1g8117
Day[9].tv669
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0286
PiGStarcraft118
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv669
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.