• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7792 users

HotS release date: March 12th - Page 40

Forum Index > SC2 General
1196 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 60 Next
Remember you can pre-order your copy through the TL store and help support Team Liquid! It's also an easy way to get a beta key!
Stephen_drewz
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia41 Posts
November 14 2012 02:32 GMT
#781
On November 14 2012 11:28 Gourmand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 11:20 Stephen_drewz wrote:
Can anyone explain this? I thought it was meant to be global etc.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/stephen_drewz/SC2HOTS.jpg


This is because of the rating, like ERSB and PEGI, just so yet buy the client that is rated for where you live.

I'm guessing you change region with something simillar to D3


So we are just buying like an SEA license but when in game choose the region we wish to play?
Leech hard, live entertained.
Dontkillme
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)806 Posts
November 14 2012 02:38 GMT
#782
Not bad
Bomber & Jaedong & FlaSh & SNSD <3
pedduck
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Thailand468 Posts
November 14 2012 02:39 GMT
#783
I will definitly buy it, i just dont want to pre order it. I will try to wait until they release a major patch before buying. This is to send a message that i will not buy their half finish product anymore. Still mad at them on diablo3.
lepape
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 02:41:46
November 14 2012 02:40 GMT
#784
It's surprising how fast Blizzard managed to release Brood War back in 98, it took them only 8 months. In terms of the usual Blizzard speed, that's near the speed of light.

But three years development for this one... well, I won't complain about anything, although I have no clue what took so long. But seriously, another three years from now, when the second expasion will come out, this will just seem like some kind of joke. Wings of Liberty will feel like it's decades away for most people.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
November 14 2012 02:42 GMT
#785
On November 14 2012 11:40 lepape wrote:
It's surprising how fast Blizzard managed to release Brood War back in 98, it took them only 8 months. In terms of the usual Blizzard speed, that's near the speed of light.

But three years development for this one... well, I won't complain about anything, although I have no clue what took so long. But seriously, another three years from now, when the second expasion will come out, this will just seem like some kind of joke. Wings of Liberty will feel like it's decades away for most people.


tbh, they weren't working on Diablo and WoW between SC and SC:BW releases.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
coMbs
Profile Joined May 2011
United States50 Posts
November 14 2012 02:43 GMT
#786
Considering pre-ordering but I don't want to pay $8 for shipping to get on release day. However if I get the free shipping it will take 5-8 business days and I know I'll be having a panic attack waiting that long after release to play. What should I do? Is Amazon just trying to milk me for an extra $8? because I don't see why it wouldn't be at my door on the release day regardless of shipping type, I'm ordering freaking 4 months in advance
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
November 14 2012 02:44 GMT
#787
On November 14 2012 01:20 Achaia wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks it's silly how many people are posting just to say they're not going to buy the expansion? I mean, that's their decision and all, but why go to a forum that is centered around the game just to announce your disapproval? Seems so strange to me.


liking WoL is not equal to liking HotS and also, it's quite steep priced for an expansion for Europeans at least
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
November 14 2012 02:53 GMT
#788
Blizzard typically never changes release dates when it's this specific. I can't think of a single one in fact since the release of Diablo 2.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
dcsoda
Profile Joined June 2011
United States583 Posts
November 14 2012 03:07 GMT
#789
On November 14 2012 11:43 coMbs wrote:
Considering pre-ordering but I don't want to pay $8 for shipping to get on release day. However if I get the free shipping it will take 5-8 business days and I know I'll be having a panic attack waiting that long after release to play. What should I do? Is Amazon just trying to milk me for an extra $8? because I don't see why it wouldn't be at my door on the release day regardless of shipping type, I'm ordering freaking 4 months in advance


Well it's not like Amazon has copies just sitting there right now. They'll get some right before release and that's why you have to pay for shipping.
Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
November 14 2012 03:08 GMT
#790
Ordered! I take it "Up to four business days" means four business days and no sooner?
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
November 14 2012 03:12 GMT
#791
PreOrdered the deluxe edition. Hells yeah.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
coMbs
Profile Joined May 2011
United States50 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 03:45:43
November 14 2012 03:13 GMT
#792
On November 14 2012 12:07 dcsoda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 11:43 coMbs wrote:
Considering pre-ordering but I don't want to pay $8 for shipping to get on release day. However if I get the free shipping it will take 5-8 business days and I know I'll be having a panic attack waiting that long after release to play. What should I do? Is Amazon just trying to milk me for an extra $8? because I don't see why it wouldn't be at my door on the release day regardless of shipping type, I'm ordering freaking 4 months in advance


Well it's not like Amazon has copies just sitting there right now. They'll get some right before release and that's why you have to pay for shipping.

Of course not, maybe I'm clueless about this whole pre-ordering thing but why would I pay $48 to get the game on release when I could go to the store and get it for it's retail price? I thought pre-ordering usually guaranteed you the game on or before the release date for a similar price, otherwise why bother?
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
November 14 2012 03:20 GMT
#793
On November 14 2012 11:42 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 11:40 lepape wrote:
It's surprising how fast Blizzard managed to release Brood War back in 98, it took them only 8 months. In terms of the usual Blizzard speed, that's near the speed of light.

But three years development for this one... well, I won't complain about anything, although I have no clue what took so long. But seriously, another three years from now, when the second expasion will come out, this will just seem like some kind of joke. Wings of Liberty will feel like it's decades away for most people.


tbh, they weren't working on Diablo and WoW between SC and SC:BW releases.

More importantly. They did not have to balance a thing.
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
November 14 2012 03:23 GMT
#794
Just pre-ordered through the TL store :D I'm excited for beta
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 14 2012 03:23 GMT
#795
On November 14 2012 12:20 achan1058 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 11:42 Zephirdd wrote:
On November 14 2012 11:40 lepape wrote:
It's surprising how fast Blizzard managed to release Brood War back in 98, it took them only 8 months. In terms of the usual Blizzard speed, that's near the speed of light.

But three years development for this one... well, I won't complain about anything, although I have no clue what took so long. But seriously, another three years from now, when the second expasion will come out, this will just seem like some kind of joke. Wings of Liberty will feel like it's decades away for most people.


tbh, they weren't working on Diablo and WoW between SC and SC:BW releases.

More importantly. They did not have to balance a thing.


Or care about multiplayer at all. RTS games were all about the single player back then.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
optimusprime
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada5 Posts
November 14 2012 03:28 GMT
#796
I can't wait unitl i get my BETA key!
onPHYRE
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria925 Posts
November 14 2012 03:29 GMT
#797
Just pre-ordered the collector's editon. Can't wait for beta!
Livin' this life like it was written.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
November 14 2012 03:36 GMT
#798
On November 14 2012 11:43 coMbs wrote:
Considering pre-ordering but I don't want to pay $8 for shipping to get on release day. However if I get the free shipping it will take 5-8 business days and I know I'll be having a panic attack waiting that long after release to play. What should I do? Is Amazon just trying to milk me for an extra $8? because I don't see why it wouldn't be at my door on the release day regardless of shipping type, I'm ordering freaking 4 months in advance


I thought about that too. But, the way I see it.

1) Support TL. The best website in the World.

2) Beta for 5 Months.

$8 dollars seems pretty good.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
November 14 2012 03:37 GMT
#799
On November 14 2012 12:36 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 11:43 coMbs wrote:
Considering pre-ordering but I don't want to pay $8 for shipping to get on release day. However if I get the free shipping it will take 5-8 business days and I know I'll be having a panic attack waiting that long after release to play. What should I do? Is Amazon just trying to milk me for an extra $8? because I don't see why it wouldn't be at my door on the release day regardless of shipping type, I'm ordering freaking 4 months in advance


I thought about that too. But, the way I see it.

1) Support TL. The best website in the World.

2) Beta for 5 Months.

$8 dollars seems pretty good.

Didn't they have some sort of release date shipping that ships like 1 or 2 days early, to make sure it arrives at the release date on time? At least, that's what happened with D3. (I am Canadian though, so I am not ordering in the US store.)
bri9and
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States246 Posts
November 14 2012 03:45 GMT
#800
release now.. release later.. doesn't matter.

HotS is a shadow of WoL and the new units don't do anything to progress the game whatsoever.

I hope the 2nd expansion introduces all of the BW units and removes everything else.. restoring balance.
I don't have time to play with myself
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 572
UpATreeSC 107
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 936
Dewaltoss 123
firebathero 90
Zeus 71
Trap 45
910 37
zelot 28
Sexy 26
soO 22
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 19
NaDa 18
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6846
420jenkins197
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1543
Fnx 806
edward66
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS140
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1584
Other Games
summit1g3799
Grubby3391
Beastyqt732
B2W.Neo660
byalli427
KnowMe164
C9.Mang0150
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 74
Railgan16
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV272
BasetradeTV265
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur382
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 58m
Stellar Fest
17h 58m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.