• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9335 users

HotS release date: March 12th - Page 37

Forum Index > SC2 General
1196 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 60 Next
Remember you can pre-order your copy through the TL store and help support Team Liquid! It's also an easy way to get a beta key!
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
November 14 2012 00:20 GMT
#721
I really wish they added BETA into the digital CE
Supert0fu
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States499 Posts
November 14 2012 00:21 GMT
#722
I assumed they will send the beta key to your amazon email address ?
Freeborn
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany421 Posts
November 14 2012 00:22 GMT
#723
I will buy the collector's edition just out of tradition and because the campaign will be good.
But I really hope they use the four months to balance and innovate a bit more.

The new untis are nice, but I am not sure that they are enough to fix the somewhat stale gameplay.

I don't want to wait for LotV to have fun playing protoss...
BigBossX
Profile Joined September 2008
United Kingdom357 Posts
November 14 2012 00:23 GMT
#724
On November 14 2012 09:22 Freeborn wrote:
I will buy the collector's edition just out of tradition and because the campaign will be good.
But I really hope they use the four months to balance and innovate a bit more.

The new untis are nice, but I am not sure that they are enough to fix the somewhat stale gameplay.

I don't want to wait for LotV to have fun playing protoss...


Keep dreaming mate, this "beta" is just a money grab
Xahhk
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada540 Posts
November 14 2012 00:28 GMT
#725
On November 14 2012 09:18 Hashbaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:15 dnld12 wrote:
Hey guys. I am really confused. I Went to go buy the digital pre order and i saw this when i hit hte upgrade
You already have Heart of the Swarm™ in North America.
You don’t need to upgrade any other Wings of Liberty® accounts, because Heart of the Swarm™ will be eligible for Global Play (you will be able to play it in any game region). However, you can still upgrade your existing Heart of the Swarm™ account to the Digital Deluxe edition

Even more confusing is that it shows $59.99 as the price on that page.


I get that too, no option for 40 dollar version.
fireforce7
Profile Joined June 2010
United States334 Posts
November 14 2012 00:31 GMT
#726
Yes! :D
I'm terranfying
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 14 2012 00:32 GMT
#727
On November 14 2012 09:23 BigBossX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:22 Freeborn wrote:
I will buy the collector's edition just out of tradition and because the campaign will be good.
But I really hope they use the four months to balance and innovate a bit more.

The new untis are nice, but I am not sure that they are enough to fix the somewhat stale gameplay.

I don't want to wait for LotV to have fun playing protoss...


Keep dreaming mate, this "beta" is just a money grab


Oh it is so weird that a company is accepting money for early access to a beta. I mean, no one it doing that any more.(everyone is doing it)
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
November 14 2012 00:34 GMT
#728
I'm super excited! They said 1st Quarter but probably 1st Half, and now it's 1st Quarter! Hopefully they don't change the date! I don't know which version to get but since I haven't bought any games recently, I might just purchase the Collector's Edition!

The thing is, if I pay $60, I can get standard (digital) WoL and standard (digital) HotS. Hmm, decisions decisions...it probably depends if anything carries over from WoL into HotS.
BigBossX
Profile Joined September 2008
United Kingdom357 Posts
November 14 2012 00:35 GMT
#729
On November 14 2012 09:32 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:23 BigBossX wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:22 Freeborn wrote:
I will buy the collector's edition just out of tradition and because the campaign will be good.
But I really hope they use the four months to balance and innovate a bit more.

The new untis are nice, but I am not sure that they are enough to fix the somewhat stale gameplay.

I don't want to wait for LotV to have fun playing protoss...


Keep dreaming mate, this "beta" is just a money grab


Oh it is so weird that a company is accepting money for early access to a beta. I mean, no one it doing that any more.(everyone is doing it)


Lol what is your point? How is that statement relevant at all?
Dionyseus
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States2068 Posts
November 14 2012 00:39 GMT
#730
So excited to get the beta key in a few days!
9/5/10 P acct: NA D 10,683 651pts 69w56L http://sc2ranks.com/char/us/290365/LetoAtreides T acct: NA D 16,137 553pts 70w67L http://sc2ranks.com/char/us/1560008/Khrone Z: NA G 16,058 465pts 28w26L http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1997354/Omnius
Fyrewolf
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1533 Posts
November 14 2012 00:41 GMT
#731
On November 14 2012 09:28 Xahhk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:18 Hashbaz wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:15 dnld12 wrote:
Hey guys. I am really confused. I Went to go buy the digital pre order and i saw this when i hit hte upgrade
You already have Heart of the Swarm™ in North America.
You don’t need to upgrade any other Wings of Liberty® accounts, because Heart of the Swarm™ will be eligible for Global Play (you will be able to play it in any game region). However, you can still upgrade your existing Heart of the Swarm™ account to the Digital Deluxe edition

Even more confusing is that it shows $59.99 as the price on that page.


I get that too, no option for 40 dollar version.


The digital deluxe is 60 dollars, which is a collectors edition minus the physical extras. It's the regular digital hots that is $40, though you can upgrade to the deluxe for the price difference(20) until they stop selling the digitial deluxe ce.
"This is not Warcraft in space" "It's much more...... Sophisticated" "I KNOW IT'S NOT 3D!!!"
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 14 2012 00:42 GMT
#732
On November 14 2012 09:35 BigBossX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:32 Plansix wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:23 BigBossX wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:22 Freeborn wrote:
I will buy the collector's edition just out of tradition and because the campaign will be good.
But I really hope they use the four months to balance and innovate a bit more.

The new untis are nice, but I am not sure that they are enough to fix the somewhat stale gameplay.

I don't want to wait for LotV to have fun playing protoss...


Keep dreaming mate, this "beta" is just a money grab


Oh it is so weird that a company is accepting money for early access to a beta. I mean, no one it doing that any more.(everyone is doing it)


Lol what is your point? How is that statement relevant at all?


That calling is a money grab is dumb, since it implies they are going to take the money and run Blizzard wants our money and wants to provide us a product to get it. Early beta access is a great way to get people to opt-in early. The proper words to use are "sensible business plan." And you can never blame someone for having a good plan.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Hashbaz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States340 Posts
November 14 2012 00:45 GMT
#733
On November 14 2012 09:41 Fyrewolf wrote:
The digital deluxe is 60 dollars, which is a collectors edition minus the physical extras. It's the regular digital hots that is $40, though you can upgrade to the deluxe for the price difference(20) until they stop selling the digitial deluxe ce.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up.
ESPORTS prevails
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
November 14 2012 00:48 GMT
#734
great news.
The Show of a Lifetime
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
November 14 2012 00:48 GMT
#735
On November 14 2012 09:23 BigBossX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:22 Freeborn wrote:
I will buy the collector's edition just out of tradition and because the campaign will be good.
But I really hope they use the four months to balance and innovate a bit more.

The new untis are nice, but I am not sure that they are enough to fix the somewhat stale gameplay.

I don't want to wait for LotV to have fun playing protoss...


Keep dreaming mate, this "beta" is just a money grab

what? how is this "beta" a money grab? You realize you are paying for the game and not the beta right?
www.superbeerbrothers.com
operwolf
Profile Joined April 2008
United States324 Posts
November 14 2012 00:48 GMT
#736
On November 14 2012 09:41 Fyrewolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:28 Xahhk wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:18 Hashbaz wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:15 dnld12 wrote:
Hey guys. I am really confused. I Went to go buy the digital pre order and i saw this when i hit hte upgrade
You already have Heart of the Swarm™ in North America.
You don’t need to upgrade any other Wings of Liberty® accounts, because Heart of the Swarm™ will be eligible for Global Play (you will be able to play it in any game region). However, you can still upgrade your existing Heart of the Swarm™ account to the Digital Deluxe edition

Even more confusing is that it shows $59.99 as the price on that page.


I get that too, no option for 40 dollar version.


The digital deluxe is 60 dollars, which is a collectors edition minus the physical extras. It's the regular digital hots that is $40, though you can upgrade to the deluxe for the price difference(20) until they stop selling the digitial deluxe ce.


So where is the option to buy the $40 version?
He'll end up dead, because he'll die.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 00:55:55
November 14 2012 00:52 GMT
#737
On November 14 2012 09:48 operwolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:41 Fyrewolf wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:28 Xahhk wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:18 Hashbaz wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:15 dnld12 wrote:
Hey guys. I am really confused. I Went to go buy the digital pre order and i saw this when i hit hte upgrade
You already have Heart of the Swarm™ in North America.
You don’t need to upgrade any other Wings of Liberty® accounts, because Heart of the Swarm™ will be eligible for Global Play (you will be able to play it in any game region). However, you can still upgrade your existing Heart of the Swarm™ account to the Digital Deluxe edition

Even more confusing is that it shows $59.99 as the price on that page.


I get that too, no option for 40 dollar version.


The digital deluxe is 60 dollars, which is a collectors edition minus the physical extras. It's the regular digital hots that is $40, though you can upgrade to the deluxe for the price difference(20) until they stop selling the digitial deluxe ce.


So where is the option to buy the $40 version?

There seems to be a bug floating around.

Battle.net says that I already have HotS event though I actually never bought it, so only the Digital Deluxe edition is available for purchase for me.

To be fair, I was already in the beta, which might have caused this bug.


Be careful when purchasing. Don't purchase the Digital Deluxe if you don't want to. Maybe let the bug be fixed so that you can buy the $40 when its available, unless Blizzard is literally giving us free expansion packs for nothing.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 14 2012 00:53 GMT
#738
On November 14 2012 09:48 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:23 BigBossX wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:22 Freeborn wrote:
I will buy the collector's edition just out of tradition and because the campaign will be good.
But I really hope they use the four months to balance and innovate a bit more.

The new untis are nice, but I am not sure that they are enough to fix the somewhat stale gameplay.

I don't want to wait for LotV to have fun playing protoss...


Keep dreaming mate, this "beta" is just a money grab

what? how is this "beta" a money grab? You realize you are paying for the game and not the beta right?


They are tricking you into buying a crappy game by giving you early access to it!!!! They are never going to release HotS and DB and DK are going to take our money and open a smoothie stand in Spain!
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Zariel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1312 Posts
November 14 2012 01:00 GMT
#739
Ladies and Gentlemen.

As a book-keeper for the day, here are the odds:

HOTS actually releases on 12/3/2013: $4.00
HOTS does not release on 12/3/2013: $1.20
sup
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
November 14 2012 01:03 GMT
#740
On November 14 2012 09:53 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 09:48 jmbthirteen wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:23 BigBossX wrote:
On November 14 2012 09:22 Freeborn wrote:
I will buy the collector's edition just out of tradition and because the campaign will be good.
But I really hope they use the four months to balance and innovate a bit more.

The new untis are nice, but I am not sure that they are enough to fix the somewhat stale gameplay.

I don't want to wait for LotV to have fun playing protoss...


Keep dreaming mate, this "beta" is just a money grab

what? how is this "beta" a money grab? You realize you are paying for the game and not the beta right?


They are tricking you into buying a crappy game by giving you early access to it!!!! They are never going to release HotS and DB and DK are going to take our money and open a smoothie stand in Spain!


this is so smart of them, why am I no Blizzard guy

a general question: will multiplayer WoL carry over to HotS, so will buying HotS only give you the single player as a bonus or will WoL stay as it is for the rest of it's life? Wouldn't make sense from Blizzard, but i've heard otherwise oO
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 417
UpATreeSC 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1041
actioN 393
Dewaltoss 140
firebathero 89
Zeus 65
Trap 44
Sexy 30
zelot 27
ToSsGirL 22
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
soO 21
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 14
Dota 2
Gorgc7146
qojqva2002
Dendi809
420jenkins162
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1285
Fnx 690
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5824
Liquid`Hasu1046
Other Games
Grubby5057
summit1g1303
Beastyqt740
B2W.Neo613
ceh9473
byalli351
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe148
ArmadaUGS144
Khaldor119
TKL 109
BRAT_OK 83
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV257
WardiTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• IndyKCrew
• Adnapsc2 0
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix14
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3775
• TFBlade933
Other Games
• Shiphtur368
• WagamamaTV312
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 38m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 38m
Stellar Fest
18h 38m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.