• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:54
CEST 22:54
KST 05:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8216 users

HotS release date: March 12th - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
1196 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 60 Next
Remember you can pre-order your copy through the TL store and help support Team Liquid! It's also an easy way to get a beta key!
Fluid
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada136 Posts
November 13 2012 21:38 GMT
#621
Hmm...no thanks I'll pass.
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
November 13 2012 21:39 GMT
#622
YEEEESSSSS FINALLYYYY
My religion is Starcraft
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
November 13 2012 21:40 GMT
#623
On November 14 2012 06:38 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 06:35 Whatson wrote:
So when the full game comes out, will I be able to automatically play it, as I already have a beta key?

no, and the beta will likely have been closed for awhile prior to HOTS coming out. at least, that is how i recall it happened with WOL.

Okay thanks, that's what I initially thought, just wanted to double check
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
November 13 2012 21:40 GMT
#624
I would like to, but to be honest, if i have to wait for a physical copy, i have to pass sry :d
Slackzftw
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany361 Posts
November 13 2012 21:41 GMT
#625
On November 14 2012 06:35 ieatoreos wrote:
Seems a little expensive for an expansion but I'm psyched nonetheless


If I was Blizzard I would sell it for 60€/80$ ...people including myself would buy it. If the Singleplayer Campaign is has 20hrs+ Content (without Achievements etc) it should be worth it only for SP. There are stupid people who pay 60$ for a 4hrs Call of Duty Singleplayer.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
November 13 2012 21:41 GMT
#626
On November 14 2012 06:31 [Ouroboros] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 06:25 SoraLimit wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:23 [Ouroboros] wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:15 Mattidute wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:13 Sunshinewalker wrote:
So I live in germany and have the european WOL version, will that be compatible with a US HOTS version? Because i really would like that beta key


It most likely won't be compatable as the US HOTS will probably require an US battlenet account instead of your EU battlenet account.


Are you sure ? Even with global play ?

It's because you need WoL in order to activate your HotS account, which WoL is obviously region locked.


isn't global play gonna be on WOL too ?

Supposedly, but I imagine that that Global Play was implemented because Blizzard may have found a way to prevent people from buying cheaper SC2 keys from other regions to be able to play on all regions.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
ZodaSoda
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1191 Posts
November 13 2012 21:43 GMT
#627
People seem to forget its $40 for all the Multiplayer features + a full length Campaign. if you complain about 40 bucks, you really need to enter the real world.
LiquipediaI'm the strongest Dragon that you've ever seen, You're gonna die motherfucker, I take up five screens. -Kraid
TheOuroboros
Profile Joined December 2010
France68 Posts
November 13 2012 21:45 GMT
#628
On November 14 2012 06:41 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 06:31 [Ouroboros] wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:25 SoraLimit wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:23 [Ouroboros] wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:15 Mattidute wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:13 Sunshinewalker wrote:
So I live in germany and have the european WOL version, will that be compatible with a US HOTS version? Because i really would like that beta key


It most likely won't be compatable as the US HOTS will probably require an US battlenet account instead of your EU battlenet account.


Are you sure ? Even with global play ?

It's because you need WoL in order to activate your HotS account, which WoL is obviously region locked.


isn't global play gonna be on WOL too ?

Supposedly, but I imagine that that Global Play was implemented because Blizzard may have found a way to prevent people from buying cheaper SC2 keys from other regions to be able to play on all regions.


So If i want a Pysical collector's Edition on the EU server I have to wait since I can't preorder it anywere ?
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
November 13 2012 21:49 GMT
#629
On November 14 2012 06:43 ZodaSoda wrote:
People seem to forget its $40 for all the Multiplayer features + a full length Campaign. if you complain about 40 bucks, you really need to enter the real world.

yeah, this isn't a typical expansion. Its pretty much a complete new game.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Fluid
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada136 Posts
November 13 2012 21:50 GMT
#630
On November 14 2012 06:43 ZodaSoda wrote:
People seem to forget its $40 for all the Multiplayer features + a full length Campaign. if you complain about 40 bucks, you really need to enter the real world.


40$ here, 40$ there. shit adds up.
I would buy it if it was priced like CS:GO 15$. If you think about it, CS:GO is like an expansion to CSS, so the price reflects that. The same is for HotS, you get a few new units/textures some new bnet features and a story no one cares about. Also most of the stuff they're putting in can change at any time (warhound anyone?).

Yeah I think I'll wait for you guys to spend 40$ on it and play it with all the horrible imbalances it will have, and after 1 year once it's patched then I'll buy it at the 20$ it will be sold at.
Delacresta
Profile Joined April 2012
United States13 Posts
November 13 2012 21:50 GMT
#631
Woa im buying it right now. Can they get the game for sale on eBay? Or a paypal way of payment? Because i dont really trust amazon at all!
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
November 13 2012 21:51 GMT
#632
On November 14 2012 02:25 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 02:20 xuanzue wrote:
it is not $40 worth it


I'd love to know what you think IS worth 40 dollars that's entertainment related.

I've blown more than the price of HOTS in a single night of drinking at a bar with my friends. I've blown a few times the price of HOTS on single date nights.

40 bucks for a game I'll be playing for at least 2 years that will provide me with HUNDREDS of hours of gameplay? It's a no brainer. Best purchase I'll make of 2013 easily.


well, I'll explain myself.

I don't play the campaign.
I only play one race.

so I will receive barely 2 units, a couple of spells and a new ability in the rocks.
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
Dujek
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom276 Posts
November 13 2012 21:54 GMT
#633
On November 14 2012 06:50 Delacresta wrote:
Woa im buying it right now. Can they get the game for sale on eBay? Or a paypal way of payment? Because i dont really trust amazon at all!


I use Amazon all the time and I've never had any issues, what's your problem with them?
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
November 13 2012 21:54 GMT
#634
On November 14 2012 06:50 Fluid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 06:43 ZodaSoda wrote:
People seem to forget its $40 for all the Multiplayer features + a full length Campaign. if you complain about 40 bucks, you really need to enter the real world.


40$ here, 40$ there. shit adds up.
I would buy it if it was priced like CS:GO 15$. If you think about it, CS:GO is like an expansion to CSS, so the price reflects that. The same is for HotS, you get a few new units/textures some new bnet features and a story no one cares about. Also most of the stuff they're putting in can change at any time (warhound anyone?).

Yeah I think I'll wait for you guys to spend 40$ on it and play it with all the horrible imbalances it will have, and after 1 year once it's patched then I'll buy it at the 20$ it will be sold at.

i played sc:bw from the 1990s with all of the "horrible imbalances" and didn't bitch nearly as much as the current sc2 players. i dont recall the exact price, but i bought the original, the expansion and then the chest with all of them multiple times because my CDs kept breaking. yeah, it was well worth it. just like sc2 has been well worth it.

the game (and expansion) is worth the price, easily. if you (metaphorically) dont see that its because you just want something to complain about, not a realistic viewpoint.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
November 13 2012 21:54 GMT
#635
On November 14 2012 06:43 ZodaSoda wrote:
People seem to forget its $40 for all the Multiplayer features + a full length Campaign. if you complain about 40 bucks, you really need to enter the real world.


Indeed!
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
November 13 2012 21:56 GMT
#636
On November 14 2012 06:45 [Ouroboros] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 06:41 eviltomahawk wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:31 [Ouroboros] wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:25 SoraLimit wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:23 [Ouroboros] wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:15 Mattidute wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:13 Sunshinewalker wrote:
So I live in germany and have the european WOL version, will that be compatible with a US HOTS version? Because i really would like that beta key


It most likely won't be compatable as the US HOTS will probably require an US battlenet account instead of your EU battlenet account.


Are you sure ? Even with global play ?

It's because you need WoL in order to activate your HotS account, which WoL is obviously region locked.


isn't global play gonna be on WOL too ?

Supposedly, but I imagine that that Global Play was implemented because Blizzard may have found a way to prevent people from buying cheaper SC2 keys from other regions to be able to play on all regions.


So If i want a Pysical collector's Edition on the EU server I have to wait since I can't preorder it anywere ?

I'm just speculating, and I may be completely wrong.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
November 13 2012 21:57 GMT
#637
On November 14 2012 06:51 xuanzue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 02:25 Vindicare605 wrote:
On November 14 2012 02:20 xuanzue wrote:
it is not $40 worth it


I'd love to know what you think IS worth 40 dollars that's entertainment related.

I've blown more than the price of HOTS in a single night of drinking at a bar with my friends. I've blown a few times the price of HOTS on single date nights.

40 bucks for a game I'll be playing for at least 2 years that will provide me with HUNDREDS of hours of gameplay? It's a no brainer. Best purchase I'll make of 2013 easily.


well, I'll explain myself.

I don't play the campaign.
I only play one race.

so I will receive barely 2 units, a couple of spells and a new ability in the rocks.


The fact that you willingly limit yourself to using only a small part of the product you're purchasing doesn't make the price more or less fair, FYI.
Delacresta
Profile Joined April 2012
United States13 Posts
November 13 2012 21:57 GMT
#638
Where can i get support when trying to buy a HOTS account?
smidge
Profile Joined September 2012
United States25 Posts
November 13 2012 21:59 GMT
#639
What's with all this "I only get x units" nonsense? You will be playing against the other units whether you play as that race or not. Your matchups will have totally new twists to them.
For the random!
TheOuroboros
Profile Joined December 2010
France68 Posts
November 13 2012 22:00 GMT
#640
On November 14 2012 06:56 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 06:45 [Ouroboros] wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:41 eviltomahawk wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:31 [Ouroboros] wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:25 SoraLimit wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:23 [Ouroboros] wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:15 Mattidute wrote:
On November 14 2012 06:13 Sunshinewalker wrote:
So I live in germany and have the european WOL version, will that be compatible with a US HOTS version? Because i really would like that beta key


It most likely won't be compatable as the US HOTS will probably require an US battlenet account instead of your EU battlenet account.


Are you sure ? Even with global play ?

It's because you need WoL in order to activate your HotS account, which WoL is obviously region locked.


isn't global play gonna be on WOL too ?

Supposedly, but I imagine that that Global Play was implemented because Blizzard may have found a way to prevent people from buying cheaper SC2 keys from other regions to be able to play on all regions.


So If i want a Pysical collector's Edition on the EU server I have to wait since I can't preorder it anywere ?

I'm just speculating, and I may be completely wrong.


haha now i don't know what to do ! i think i will cancel my preorder on amazon and just wait for the collector's edition to be in sale in a french store.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC520
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 520
ZombieGrub137
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21390
Soulkey 271
White-Ra 194
Mini 165
Trap 28
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 14
League of Legends
Doublelift2483
Counter-Strike
fl0m1126
shoxiejesuss528
C9.Mang0145
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3722
Khaldor2443
Liquid`Hasu1582
Trikslyr40
Other Games
summit1g2834
ArmadaUGS2401
B2W.Neo471
shahzam454
Pyrionflax186
Mew2King57
Railgan22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• musti20045 0
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 54
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• HerbMon 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV410
League of Legends
• TFBlade959
• Noizen119
Other Games
• Scarra1200
• imaqtpie1088
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 6m
OSC
16h 6m
Stellar Fest
16h 6m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.