• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:24
CEST 18:24
KST 01:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8553 users

Erik ‘Doa’ Lonnquist to leave IPL - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
444 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 23 Next All
Scrubby-onE
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada42 Posts
August 03 2012 21:20 GMT
#201
I wish he would stay at IPL. I hope OGN will only hire casters with real high level insight. It would be pretty awesome if they hired tastosis, incontrol, or atleast people who have made it into GM, with some casting experience.
MrF
Profile Joined October 2011
United States320 Posts
August 03 2012 21:21 GMT
#202
Glad to hear OGN is finally getting some eng casters Doa is a great choice sad to see him leave Ipl but at least he will still be providing great commentary for us on an even bigger stage. He and kevin do make a good team tho as Kevin, great caster he though he it, can be a little over exuberant and Doa tends to be more relaxed. They will have to find a good match for him, on a side not has there ever been a Doa/Wolf cast i think that would be hilarious as when i first started seeing them i wasnt sure if they were the same personor not lol. Gl Doa and Gl IPL looking foreward to ipl5!
HunterXHunter is awesome
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
August 03 2012 21:22 GMT
#203
On August 04 2012 06:20 Joedaddy wrote:
I wonder if OGN will even want to hire DOA considering he didn't last with GSL. I don't know all the particulars of why he left GSL in the first place, but is it safe to assume he didn't make the cut there? If OGN wants GSL level casters, or better, I wouldn't think they would hire anyone who didn't stick at GSL.

He left because he got a better offer at IPL. Him leaving GOM almost left them shorthanded mind you because Khaldor wasn't planning on staying long initially and Moletrap jumped to OGN LOL.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
August 03 2012 21:22 GMT
#204
On August 04 2012 04:57 DivinO wrote:
DoaKnocke was my favorite casting duo. :X


yeah they had a really good chemistry together on a cast, will miss that at IPL
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
August 03 2012 21:23 GMT
#205
Cat's Pajamas and DOA were a good mix. It was a nice blend of silliness and seriousness .
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
Bedrock
Profile Joined October 2010
United States395 Posts
August 03 2012 21:23 GMT
#206
On August 04 2012 05:37 DoA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 05:31 Plexa wrote:
To be blunt, this is a poor decision by OGN. Having doa, and potentially moletrap, casting simply cements their status as the secondary starcraft 2 tournament in Korea (as perceived by nonkoreans). And as such, I doubt this will do much in the way of helping OGN grow their foreign SC2 audience. They would have been much better off securing someone like Sayle which, at the very least, would have set them apart from signing GOM's leftovers.


I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm going to change your opinion on this.



I hope you prove everyone wrong.
eSports or die tryin'
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
August 03 2012 21:24 GMT
#207
On August 04 2012 06:16 Fionn wrote:
What could have OGN done, though? Out of everyone available, Doa is one of the best.

Only thing they could have done is offer Apollo the bank and beg him to move to Korea. Rotterdam is with NASL, Tastosis and Wolfdor are with GOM, and then Day9 is not going to move to Korea for OGN. They didn't have a great list of options to choose from.



And out of the "community" casters I'd say Orb is by far the best one, but I guess he wasn't asked even and he's pretty busy with ESV stuff.
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
August 03 2012 21:24 GMT
#208
Cant want to see Doa casting OGN but sad to see such a great duo broken up.
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
August 03 2012 21:25 GMT
#209
On August 04 2012 06:11 setzer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 05:59 Zato-1 wrote:
On August 04 2012 05:53 ZAiNs wrote:
On August 04 2012 05:53 Zato-1 wrote:
I'm curious as to who will be Kevin Knocke's new partner at IPL. Knocke is one of my favorite casters on the scene alongside Tastosis, TotalBiscuit and Chill, and I hope that IPL keeps on delivering top-tier content in the future.

On a different topic, isn't OGN content mainly targetted at Korean audiences? I have very little interest in what OGN has to offer based on what I've seen from them so far (SC2 and LoL-wise), so it kind of surprises me that they keep absorbing english-speaking casters... I miss Moletrap

You don't want to watch OSL?

Now that you mention it, will OSL admit non-KeSPA players next season? I'm under the impression that OSL = KeSPA players only, but I'm not sure. If they admit outside players into the OSL and we can see some top-tier play, then I might be interested


Yes, you can see that in the current OSL groups for the upcoming season.

Nice! Guess I'll get to see how Doa and Moletrap pair up after all
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
August 03 2012 21:26 GMT
#210
that means moletrap doa sc2 OGN casting ?
i heared that proleague gets english cast and i knew it will be moletrap but with doa ... thought he cant cause of his wife ? DAMN so happy

sorry for ipl "!"
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
BoggieMan
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
520 Posts
August 03 2012 21:26 GMT
#211
Good luck Doa !
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 03 2012 21:27 GMT
#212
On August 04 2012 06:25 Zato-1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 06:11 setzer wrote:
On August 04 2012 05:59 Zato-1 wrote:
On August 04 2012 05:53 ZAiNs wrote:
On August 04 2012 05:53 Zato-1 wrote:
I'm curious as to who will be Kevin Knocke's new partner at IPL. Knocke is one of my favorite casters on the scene alongside Tastosis, TotalBiscuit and Chill, and I hope that IPL keeps on delivering top-tier content in the future.

On a different topic, isn't OGN content mainly targetted at Korean audiences? I have very little interest in what OGN has to offer based on what I've seen from them so far (SC2 and LoL-wise), so it kind of surprises me that they keep absorbing english-speaking casters... I miss Moletrap

You don't want to watch OSL?

Now that you mention it, will OSL admit non-KeSPA players next season? I'm under the impression that OSL = KeSPA players only, but I'm not sure. If they admit outside players into the OSL and we can see some top-tier play, then I might be interested


Yes, you can see that in the current OSL groups for the upcoming season.

Nice! Guess I'll get to see how Doa and Moletrap pair up after all


5 of the 7 Dual Tournament groups for the sc2 OSL have already been completed.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_OnGameNet_Starleague_Season_1/Dual_Tournament/Non-KeSPA

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_OnGameNet_Starleague_Season_1/Dual_Tournament/KeSPA

The last two Kespa groups will play on August 7th then shortly after OSL proper ( ro16 onward ) will start and kespa/non kespa players will play against each other.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
August 03 2012 21:28 GMT
#213
Great because there are few better that OGN could have chosen. Terrible because I like IPL casts ;_;
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Kamwah
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom724 Posts
August 03 2012 21:29 GMT
#214
On August 04 2012 06:20 Scrubby-onE wrote:
I wish he would stay at IPL. I hope OGN will only hire casters with real high level insight. It would be pretty awesome if they hired tastosis, incontrol, or atleast people who have made it into GM, with some casting experience.


LOL

Yea because we don't want casters who stay on point and understand when to chit-chat and when to cast. He is not a good caster, he's merely used because he has a fanbase.
Learn to count with CatsPajamas!
ShynZ
Profile Joined September 2010
331 Posts
August 03 2012 21:31 GMT
#215
On August 04 2012 06:22 pdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 06:20 Joedaddy wrote:
I wonder if OGN will even want to hire DOA considering he didn't last with GSL. I don't know all the particulars of why he left GSL in the first place, but is it safe to assume he didn't make the cut there? If OGN wants GSL level casters, or better, I wouldn't think they would hire anyone who didn't stick at GSL.

He left because he got a better offer at IPL. Him leaving GOM almost left them shorthanded mind you because Khaldor wasn't planning on staying long initially and Moletrap jumped to OGN LOL.


he left because of his wife. now he is about to divorce, which gives him a chance to go back to korea
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
August 03 2012 21:32 GMT
#216
doa and cats pj's were pretty much my #2 favorite casting duo, even more than bitterdam and husky[9], still less than tastosis, but I loved the casting. This will be good for Doa though and maybe Kevin will get a new, new partner .
User was warned for too many mimes.
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
August 03 2012 21:33 GMT
#217
On August 04 2012 06:27 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 06:25 Zato-1 wrote:
On August 04 2012 06:11 setzer wrote:
On August 04 2012 05:59 Zato-1 wrote:
On August 04 2012 05:53 ZAiNs wrote:
On August 04 2012 05:53 Zato-1 wrote:
I'm curious as to who will be Kevin Knocke's new partner at IPL. Knocke is one of my favorite casters on the scene alongside Tastosis, TotalBiscuit and Chill, and I hope that IPL keeps on delivering top-tier content in the future.

On a different topic, isn't OGN content mainly targetted at Korean audiences? I have very little interest in what OGN has to offer based on what I've seen from them so far (SC2 and LoL-wise), so it kind of surprises me that they keep absorbing english-speaking casters... I miss Moletrap

You don't want to watch OSL?

Now that you mention it, will OSL admit non-KeSPA players next season? I'm under the impression that OSL = KeSPA players only, but I'm not sure. If they admit outside players into the OSL and we can see some top-tier play, then I might be interested


Yes, you can see that in the current OSL groups for the upcoming season.

Nice! Guess I'll get to see how Doa and Moletrap pair up after all


5 of the 7 Dual Tournament groups for the sc2 OSL have already been completed.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_OnGameNet_Starleague_Season_1/Dual_Tournament/Non-KeSPA

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_OnGameNet_Starleague_Season_1/Dual_Tournament/KeSPA

The last two Kespa groups will play on August 7th then shortly after OSL proper ( ro16 onward ) will start and kespa/non kespa players will play against each other.

Many thanks for the links, I couldn't find find the OGN Dual Tournament under Liquipedia 2's Tournament section.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
August 03 2012 21:37 GMT
#218
On August 04 2012 06:31 ShynZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 06:22 pdd wrote:
On August 04 2012 06:20 Joedaddy wrote:
I wonder if OGN will even want to hire DOA considering he didn't last with GSL. I don't know all the particulars of why he left GSL in the first place, but is it safe to assume he didn't make the cut there? If OGN wants GSL level casters, or better, I wouldn't think they would hire anyone who didn't stick at GSL.

He left because he got a better offer at IPL. Him leaving GOM almost left them shorthanded mind you because Khaldor wasn't planning on staying long initially and Moletrap jumped to OGN LOL.


he left because of his wife. now he is about to divorce, which gives him a chance to go back to korea

How do you know that?
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 03 2012 21:38 GMT
#219
On August 04 2012 06:37 McFeser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 06:31 ShynZ wrote:
On August 04 2012 06:22 pdd wrote:
On August 04 2012 06:20 Joedaddy wrote:
I wonder if OGN will even want to hire DOA considering he didn't last with GSL. I don't know all the particulars of why he left GSL in the first place, but is it safe to assume he didn't make the cut there? If OGN wants GSL level casters, or better, I wouldn't think they would hire anyone who didn't stick at GSL.

He left because he got a better offer at IPL. Him leaving GOM almost left them shorthanded mind you because Khaldor wasn't planning on staying long initially and Moletrap jumped to OGN LOL.


he left because of his wife. now he is about to divorce, which gives him a chance to go back to korea

How do you know that?


He's doing an AMA on Reddit atm and answered that question : http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/xmzmv/hi_im_erik_doa_lonnquist_current_ipl/c5nry77
Naphal
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany2099 Posts
August 03 2012 21:42 GMT
#220
noo my relaxing iplduo!!!

best of luck doa, i hope we do not get a "screamer" as mr. knockes new partner ^.^
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 100
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 451
IndyStarCraft 100
BRAT_OK 37
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29928
Bisu 1810
Shuttle 1452
Hyuk 945
Mini 504
EffOrt 463
Larva 294
ZerO 255
firebathero 192
hero 62
[ Show more ]
Hyun 48
Mong 44
PianO 43
Trap 40
Sexy 36
Killer 34
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 19
zelot 19
Rock 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
Liquid`Ret 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9789
qojqva1916
Dendi1003
Counter-Strike
Fnx 570
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1500
crisheroes1112
Liquid`Hasu670
Other Games
fl0m2287
singsing1959
FrodaN1280
B2W.Neo963
Beastyqt656
Mlord418
Hui .233
Liquid`VortiX167
Livibee164
KnowMe131
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King67
Trikslyr33
CosmosSc2 16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 61
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile128
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 14
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7831
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 36m
INu's Battles
19h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.