• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:14
CEST 17:14
KST 00:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9233 users

[Interview] 2012 GSTL S2 R1 Group A Match 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 14:00:00
May 28 2012 13:54 GMT
#1
SlayerSPuzzle

[image loading]

How does it feel to score four kills in the opening match?

I wasn’t satisfied during practice. My recent performance hasn’t been good and even my win rate was subpar so I was very worried. I feel great after today’s great results.

You’ve been on a downward slope lately.

I keep thinking that I’m keeping my skill level up but keep doing worse in GSL. My win rate in practice is okay and the games themselves are good but in tournaments, it doesn’t work out. I tried to figure out why and could only conclude that I was unlucky on the day.

You scored four kills today. When did you start to think that this would be possible?

I fear NSHS’s Jjakji. I lose to him often in practice and our head to head record is in his favour. After I took him down, I felt that I could win the whole thing.

Oh yeah, you once had a not so great match against Jjakji.

I’ve erased it from my memories (laugh). I’m the type to let it all out the spot and forget it quickly. I just told myself that I should win for my team.

Last season, Slayers lost twice. Even so, Puzzle scored six wins.

You can’t fault anyone for that. We all worked hard and we all played well. We just didn’t have luck on our side.

How was the Slayers team’s atmosphere before the season started?

Honestly, not so great. Both in GSL and GSTL, we haven’t posted great results. I hope today’s victory lifts our spirits.

Weren’t you nervous in your last game against Seal?

Build-wise, I should have won, really. I thought I would win easily after defending well but messed up my positioning and had a crisis moment. Still, overall, the game was going in my favour.

Today, people accuse SlayerS of being a Protoss team.

It’s true that Protoss has gotten very strong lately (laugh). Protoss fears Zergs lately so that must be why our team saved so many Terrans.

Your next opponent is either Zenex or TeamLiquid.

I hope Zenex wins. It’s my former team so I want only what’s good for them. Lately, Zenex is rising as a team which puts a smile on my face. Zenex is actually a team that does really well in online team leagues. If we go up against them in the winner’s match, it won’t be easy.

Your goal for this season of GSTL?

Of course, team victory is first on the list. I heard that there’s an award for the most kills and since I already have four kills, I want that too.

With four kills already, you must be aiming for an all kill for next time

I want one, sure. However, the further I get, the more nervous I get and play badly as a result. To all-kill, gaining mental fortitude is my first priority (laugh).

Anything you want to say to your teammates?

We did well in Code A qualifiers. Our team is slowly doing better and the fact that today’s victory makes everyone smile makes me feel great. I want the team atmosphere to be just like when SlayerS won two GSTLs in a row. I really want to win this season with everyone.

Anything to add?

I want to thank Jessica, who encourages me after each game, Boxer, Cella and the teammates. Also, I hope Crank learns a thing or two from me.

Source: ThisisGame
Translator
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
May 28 2012 13:57 GMT
#2
about the qualifier interviews, I know I haven't finished Losira but I got a few requests so I'll do losira's plus those (IMFirst, SlayerSCrank, TSLHyun) tomorrow. Sorry but no time to do any more than those.
Translator
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 28 2012 14:06 GMT
#3
wow what a boss photo~ thanks yoyo
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
SaberNodoka
Profile Joined June 2011
151 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 14:16:00
May 28 2012 14:15 GMT
#4
lol slayers ftw
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
May 28 2012 14:15 GMT
#5
Thanks a lot for your work, storywriter!

canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
May 28 2012 14:18 GMT
#6
That picture!
Xpace
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2209 Posts
May 28 2012 14:21 GMT
#7
Puzzle wants Zenex!
[17]Purple
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom3489 Posts
May 28 2012 14:23 GMT
#8
Hmmm, I think PuMa should dye his eyebrows as well...
"Turn Disadvantages into Disadvantages" and "Collect Telephones". The secrets of Chinese success.
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 15:11:20
May 28 2012 15:09 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation as always.

Good that Slayers won, they really needed a win.
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
May 28 2012 15:13 GMT
#10
Winner's league format is fun, but I kinda wish GSTL would have the original style format back as standard. You get to see more players.
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
May 28 2012 15:14 GMT
#11
Go Slayers! Hope to see more MMA, Ryung, CoCa, Puzzle in the next matches
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
May 28 2012 15:18 GMT
#12
gratz to slayers
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
May 28 2012 15:27 GMT
#13
Stop watching after witnessing incredible game Crank v Freaky and Puma's loss. Puzzle is picked and then proceeds to all-kill when I dont watch.
CruelZeratul
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany4588 Posts
May 28 2012 15:45 GMT
#14
Dat Crank "flame" :D
Coal
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden1535 Posts
May 28 2012 15:48 GMT
#15
Awesome! Can't wait to see T-zain play :D
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
Luri
Profile Joined August 2011
32 Posts
May 28 2012 16:01 GMT
#16
Puzzle is such a boss on that pic :D
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
May 28 2012 16:04 GMT
#17
lol nice photo what a boss
Karthane
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1183 Posts
May 28 2012 16:05 GMT
#18
Puma always has interesting hair
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 28 2012 16:10 GMT
#19
Slayers Protosses, man
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 16:12:50
May 28 2012 16:12 GMT
#20
Okay, am I going mad, I swear Storywriter got a fancy translators icon, or did that not happen?
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5121
Bisu 2728
Soulkey 1717
Jaedong 802
Horang2 547
EffOrt 546
Mini 516
Larva 333
ZerO 281
actioN 280
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 235
Yoon 154
Mind 98
Dewaltoss 77
Sea.KH 76
Sharp 75
sorry 74
hero 70
Barracks 63
Shinee 63
Pusan 60
Snow 56
Hyun 44
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 19
Rock 14
Sacsri 13
NaDa 13
Terrorterran 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5108
qojqva2522
Dendi1201
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m2644
Fnx 640
x6flipin490
Other Games
hiko941
Liquid`RaSZi852
B2W.Neo488
Lowko378
crisheroes287
DeMusliM258
XBOCT196
Liquid`VortiX192
Livibee186
QueenE105
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile133
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV594
League of Legends
• Nemesis3516
• TFBlade627
• Noizen125
Other Games
• Shiphtur222
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 46m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.