• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:25
CEST 12:25
KST 19:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12019 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL Season 2 Finals

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 12:51:21
May 19 2012 12:51 GMT
#1
IMMVP

[image loading]

Your thoughts on winning the championship after such a dramatic series?

I was in a great mood since I started 3:0. It seemed like it was going to be an easy victory for me then unexpectedly, it went to being a full match which was hard on me. Winning Set 7 by not giving up and pushing once again despite initially being repulsed with my all-in rush made the experience all the more electrifying.

You are the first player to win four championships in a single league in Starcraft 2

With this season, I accomplished winning a fourth GSL title. Honestly, I’m happier about the fact that this is my first championship of the year rather than it being my fourth. I was in a slump lately but, with hard work, made the finals and to win in said finals, I am ecstatic.

In Set 5, you lost all your battlecruisers in one battle and were defeated.

As I lost those battlecruisers due to miscontrol, I knew I had lost. I was a bit shaken mentally but thanks to the advice of my teammates, I was able to gather myself. In the last Set, I was able to keep playing only because my teammates kept comforting and reassuring me.

We are curious as to why you decided on a strategy where you max out on battlecruisers.

Protosses do not know the power of the battlecruisers yet. However, Squirtle seemed to know that a 200/200 battlecruiser army simply cannot die. He conserved his units so well. That must be why I lost.

You started 3:0 but was pushed back to 3:3

When I won Set 3, I felt that Squirtle was becoming nervous. So, I expected to win the match easily but as we came to 3:3, I knew that Squirtle had lost his nervousness and the deciding set would be so difficult. However, I had a build set up for Set 7 so went into the set relaxed.

You tried a 11-11 proxy barracks in Set 7, how did you feel when you were initially pushed back?

Honestly, I didn’t practise for Set 7 at all. I focused more on earlier sets so if it went to the seventh set, I was planning to just go for 11-11. I’d already done it against Naniwa in a previous match so was able to execute it without major flaws.

You are now in second place (T/N: I thought it was meant to be first, maybe it’s a typo by TiG) in terms of overall prize money won, how does that feel?

The tournaments I won in had a smaller prize for the champion compared to those for Nestea and MC. Deep down, I was a bit discouraged by the fact that my winnings were much smaller compared to Nestea’s despite both of us winning similar numbers of titles so I’m happy to have caught up.

You have finally raced ahead of Nestea in number of championships

Nestea has always performed consistently and is so reliable. It must be thanks to him that I always did well right after he won a championship. I really hope he makes it through UnD and makes it back into Code S.

This was your first finals after LG started sponsoring IM so did it not place a lot of pressure on you?

When such a major corporation like LG decided to sponsor us, I was so proud and elated. That’s why I wanted to win this finals no matter what. I wanted all to see the LG logo on my chest as I stood victorious so I’m glad that it was possible and want to thank LG. It was thanks to LG that I was able to win this championship.

What are your plans for foreign tournaments?

I am planning to attend any tournament that invites me. I will go overseas to promote my sponsors and take those championships.

The trophy was re-designed this year, are you satisfied with it?

I noticed it had changed. I always wanted a sharp looking trophy like this so worked even harder for the finals.

Are you confident about keeping your position in the points rankings?

Starting last season, I saw no real value in the points ranking. However, I saw that I had fallen considerably this season so started to mind it a lot more. Fortunately with this victory, I return to the top spot which makes me happy.

Starting tomorrow, Starcraft 1 progamers start Starcraft 2 officially

Tomorrow, Kespa Starcraft 1 progamers start the Starcraft1/2 hybrid league which will be so hard on the players. I hope they work hard and show great games. If the Starcrat 1 players were allowed to focus solely on Starcraft 2, they would catch up easily but in this hybrid league, it will take them at least six months. If it were Starcraft 2 only, it would only take half as long. Taking myself as an example, I reached rank 1 on the ladder only one month after switching to Starcraft 2 so current players will also do well.

Anything to add?

My teammates went through a lot to help me with practice. I want to thank the LoL team who came to cheer me on, the coach who is my source of strength, my girlfriend who never leaves my side and our sponsor LG. Of course, this victory is shared by Googims, SteelSeries, Nvidia, and Coca Cola. I will continue to work hard to promote my sponsors so I hope they continue to sponsor us. LG-IM HWAITING!

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1198848

pictures: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13441&id=1198816
Translator
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 19 2012 12:52 GMT
#2
FYEAH thanks storywriter
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 12:56:16
May 19 2012 12:56 GMT
#3
What are your plans for foreign tournaments?

I am planning to attend any tournament that invites me. I will go overseas to promote my sponsors and take those championships.

MVP is such a good person >_<

congrats again.
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
May 19 2012 12:56 GMT
#4
Never leave us Storywriter, your translating is too good.
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
May 19 2012 12:58 GMT
#5
MVP!!!! LG picked the right team to sponsor !
Peddel
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands229 Posts
May 19 2012 12:58 GMT
#6
Storywriter, you are a hero.
I want to thank you for translating every interview quickly this season. I love reading what players have to say about their wins.

CJ MadLife Fighting!
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
May 19 2012 12:58 GMT
#7
hmm.. I forgot to put Code S in the title... but there's no finals for Code A so I guess no one's confused, right?
Translator
MrMercuG
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands2389 Posts
May 19 2012 12:59 GMT
#8
Holy shit IM's sponsors are sick, also Mvp going more overseas when invited? Epic.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
May 19 2012 12:59 GMT
#9
King JJ my hero =)

Storywriter my second hero though =p

thank you as always
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
May 19 2012 13:00 GMT
#10
Thank you so much Storywriter, I hope TL gives you a star or translator icon for all your hard work.
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
May 19 2012 13:01 GMT
#11
yeah storywriter u badass :D
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
unoriginalname
Profile Joined November 2010
England380 Posts
May 19 2012 13:01 GMT
#12
IM have such good sponsors now. It's hard to believe it took them so long to get some and they've managed to get some of the best.

Congratulations to MVP, he clearly deserved the snazzy new trophy.
Hmmm
Alvis
Profile Joined July 2011
876 Posts
May 19 2012 13:02 GMT
#13
All Hail MVP!
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
May 19 2012 13:03 GMT
#14
Too bad nearly no foreign tournaments have invites any longer.
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
May 19 2012 13:06 GMT
#15
All Hail Mvp! The Sickest man in the planet! Don't mind the haters, Every famous guy has one or MANY.
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
May 19 2012 13:06 GMT
#16
I love you Mvp.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Nokshalees
Profile Joined March 2012
United States120 Posts
May 19 2012 13:07 GMT
#17
Time for MVP to farm more champonships
MKP/MVP/Kas/ThorZaiN/Jinro/ForGG | I MAEK HAE BYUNG. | #terranprideworldwide
MentalGNT
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1264 Posts
May 19 2012 13:09 GMT
#18
On May 19 2012 22:00 Dodgin wrote:
Thank you so much Storywriter, I hope TL gives you a star or translator icon for all your hard work.

I second that. Thank you for all your hard work storywriter. I hope TL decides to reward you soon.
What a player
jkang
Profile Joined May 2011
United States404 Posts
May 19 2012 13:13 GMT
#19
Seems Mvp thinks Battlecruisers are actually pretty good.
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
May 19 2012 13:21 GMT
#20
coca cola?

Also, MVP so awesome!
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech97
SHIN 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1163
Hyuk 968
Bisu 873
Larva 630
Leta 162
EffOrt 122
Zeus 121
Sexy 120
Soma 107
Mini 103
[ Show more ]
PianO 93
Pusan 71
Last 54
ZerO 44
ToSsGirL 39
Killer 38
sorry 28
Bale 25
Hm[arnc] 21
Trap 20
yabsab 17
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Aegong 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe443
XaKoH 356
League of Legends
JimRising 333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1297
Other Games
gofns34365
singsing1706
crisheroes275
OGKoka 207
Mew2King126
ArmadaUGS63
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• LUISG 16
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7150
League of Legends
• Jankos1404
• Stunt901
Upcoming Events
Online Event
36m
FEL
5h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 36m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.