• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:11
CEST 23:11
KST 06:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9161 users

GSTL 2012 Season 2 Details - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
223 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
May 03 2012 19:40 GMT
#161
On May 04 2012 04:38 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 03:27 Meser87 wrote:
I really hope MLG realizes that their summer championship is almost perfectly lining up for the GSTL finals and they take advantage of it like IPL did :D


Gonna put this in spoilers because it was unclear exactly how big of a leak this was, if a mod wishes they may delete:


+ Show Spoiler +
Actually IPL5 and GSTL finals will both happen in Vegas again. When Forbes wrote an article about it (I believe it was Forbes) they said that August 5th to 8th I believe (I forget the exact date... I believe it was around there though) will be IPL5 and GSTL finals, in Vegas.


I could be wrong on that though... maybe that's the GSTL after this one.

Didn't hear that rumpr yet, if true that's great. The date sounds about right, would fit the time frame.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-03 19:50:12
May 03 2012 19:42 GMT
#162
On May 04 2012 04:40 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 04:38 TheDougler wrote:
On May 04 2012 03:27 Meser87 wrote:
I really hope MLG realizes that their summer championship is almost perfectly lining up for the GSTL finals and they take advantage of it like IPL did :D


Gonna put this in spoilers because it was unclear exactly how big of a leak this was, if a mod wishes they may delete:


+ Show Spoiler +
Actually IPL5 and GSTL finals will both happen in Vegas again. When Forbes wrote an article about it (I believe it was Forbes) they said that August 5th to 8th I believe (I forget the exact date... I believe it was around there though) will be IPL5 and GSTL finals, in Vegas.


I could be wrong on that though... maybe that's the GSTL after this one.

Didn't hear that rumpr yet, if true that's great. The date sounds about right, would fit the time frame.


I sort of remember that article, but I remember them saying code s finals at ipl 5 instead of gstl again. Would also be a lot cheaper for ign as well.

Edit: Found article. I was wrong and it doens't mention code s finals, just a 2 event deal b/w ign and gsl. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/02/29/ign-exec-explains-esports-expansion-with-new-las-vegas-competitions-and-gstl-partnership/
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Fueled
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1610 Posts
May 03 2012 20:08 GMT
#163
Can't wait!
The Wood League - Where a double gas opening can still mean a Marine/SCV all-in
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 03 2012 20:10 GMT
#164
On May 04 2012 01:52 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 00:42 Theovide wrote:
On May 03 2012 22:38 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
I think Liquid can probably get through the first round as they're better then Zenex so just need to to edge out NSHS or Slayers.

The round after that I think their lack of depth will stop them advancing futher.

You make edging out NSHS or SlayerS sounds like an easy task :p. Though Liquid definitely has a chance with HerO and Teaja.


It won't be easy but Slayers now are nothing like they were and all their roster is so weak to Protoss. NSHS are also a great team with a lot more depth than Liquid but Hero and Taeja are better than any NSHS players so Liquid definitely have a chance to win.


Liquid doesn't have depth against a team like Slayers. Guys like Ryung and MMA can snipe Jinro and Taeja, and let's not get started on what MMA does to Zergs. That leaves Hero, but he can't carry a team alone.

Liquid is objectively better than Zenex I think, but NSHOSEO will be close. Jjakji is very dangerous, as are Sage and San. Liquid is in a lot better shape than Zenex, but they will have to pull out great games to get to round 2. I hope that Sheth and Ret come to Korea, as they are key players for Liquid.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
May 03 2012 20:11 GMT
#165
On May 04 2012 04:12 Canucklehead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 01:43 Jedclark wrote:
I don't like this system. I dislike how four teams (PRIME, StarTale, MVP, FXO) with my favourite players on don't get to play until round 2. We have to wait a while to see players like MKP, Parting, DRG and Oz play. I think this is also bad for the players. I'd be gutted to not be able to play these games - to not get to play in that atmosphere.

On a more positive note, the added teams are great. We will get to see a lot more foreigners vs koreans!

Also, how will this work for Liquid, since I understood a lot of their players aren't living in SK/Seoul?


I kind of agree with this. I miss the group stage format because you get to see all the teams play more. Liquid could go 0-2 and then be gone completely so fast.

Yeah we need more zenex so they can find the THING.
Glorious SEA doto
MadProbe
Profile Joined February 2012
United States269 Posts
May 03 2012 20:12 GMT
#166
cant wait to see moon, tod and nightend play. go fnatic!
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
May 03 2012 20:16 GMT
#167
GOO LIQUID!!
Long live the Boss Toss!
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
May 03 2012 20:23 GMT
#168
Not a bad group for TL, they could advance for sure!
lambda-
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany147 Posts
May 03 2012 20:23 GMT
#169
Can't wait to see TL smashing some korean teams.
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
May 03 2012 20:37 GMT
#170
I cannot express in words how excited I am to see TL competing in a Korean team league!
dextrin303
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden320 Posts
May 03 2012 20:45 GMT
#171
Liquid GSTL season 2 champion... calling it now. HerO will win this GSL and then go for crazy all-kills and everyone will be happy.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
May 03 2012 21:02 GMT
#172
On May 04 2012 05:10 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 01:52 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
On May 04 2012 00:42 Theovide wrote:
On May 03 2012 22:38 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
I think Liquid can probably get through the first round as they're better then Zenex so just need to to edge out NSHS or Slayers.

The round after that I think their lack of depth will stop them advancing futher.

You make edging out NSHS or SlayerS sounds like an easy task :p. Though Liquid definitely has a chance with HerO and Teaja.


It won't be easy but Slayers now are nothing like they were and all their roster is so weak to Protoss. NSHS are also a great team with a lot more depth than Liquid but Hero and Taeja are better than any NSHS players so Liquid definitely have a chance to win.


Liquid doesn't have depth against a team like Slayers. Guys like Ryung and MMA can snipe Jinro and Taeja, and let's not get started on what MMA does to Zergs. That leaves Hero, but he can't carry a team alone.

Liquid is objectively better than Zenex I think, but NSHOSEO will be close. Jjakji is very dangerous, as are Sage and San. Liquid is in a lot better shape than Zenex, but they will have to pull out great games to get to round 2. I hope that Sheth and Ret come to Korea, as they are key players for Liquid.


Taeja will eat Jjakji alive though, and I think between him, hero and Zenio they can take out sage and San and whoever. Plus TLO is perhaps the single best player at creating snipe builds.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Sakkreth
Profile Joined February 2011
Lithuania1096 Posts
May 03 2012 21:04 GMT
#173
So pumped for this, Liquid and Fnatic is awesome!

Btw don't be surprised when NightEnD kills some nerds.
WhiteRa, NaNiWa, Creator, sOs, Krr, ForGG, MMA, Zest ||
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
May 03 2012 21:11 GMT
#174
On May 04 2012 04:42 Canucklehead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 04:40 ACrow wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:38 TheDougler wrote:
On May 04 2012 03:27 Meser87 wrote:
I really hope MLG realizes that their summer championship is almost perfectly lining up for the GSTL finals and they take advantage of it like IPL did :D


Gonna put this in spoilers because it was unclear exactly how big of a leak this was, if a mod wishes they may delete:


+ Show Spoiler +
Actually IPL5 and GSTL finals will both happen in Vegas again. When Forbes wrote an article about it (I believe it was Forbes) they said that August 5th to 8th I believe (I forget the exact date... I believe it was around there though) will be IPL5 and GSTL finals, in Vegas.


I could be wrong on that though... maybe that's the GSTL after this one.

Didn't hear that rumpr yet, if true that's great. The date sounds about right, would fit the time frame.


I sort of remember that article, but I remember them saying code s finals at ipl 5 instead of gstl again. Would also be a lot cheaper for ign as well.

Edit: Found article. I was wrong and it doens't mention code s finals, just a 2 event deal b/w ign and gsl. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/02/29/ign-exec-explains-esports-expansion-with-new-las-vegas-competitions-and-gstl-partnership/



Oh you're right!

Actually I never noticed on the third page that it does say GSL rather than GSTL:


What are your plans for IPL 5?

Our second Vegas event in August will incorporate IPL5 and GSL. We’ll continue to do a lot of small events like South by Southwest (SXSW), where we’re doing an All-Star League of Legends, StarCraft II and Street Fighter X Tekken.

Still, I'm sure that could still be GSTL. And it's not set in stone yet either from what I've read about it: http://www.esfiworld.com/news/igns-david-ting-gstl-cooperation-pax-conflict-streaming-subscription-model
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
May 03 2012 21:15 GMT
#175
Stephano partnership with TL please.
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
May 03 2012 21:32 GMT
#176
Go Go LG-IM!! I absolutely cannot wait to watch the games, and I am sure, by the 3rd GSTL, there will be teams converted from bw!!
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
May 03 2012 22:04 GMT
#177
lets go Zenex! true underdogs, I hope they do well.
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
May 03 2012 22:08 GMT
#178
On May 04 2012 06:11 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 04:42 Canucklehead wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:40 ACrow wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:38 TheDougler wrote:
On May 04 2012 03:27 Meser87 wrote:
I really hope MLG realizes that their summer championship is almost perfectly lining up for the GSTL finals and they take advantage of it like IPL did :D


Gonna put this in spoilers because it was unclear exactly how big of a leak this was, if a mod wishes they may delete:


+ Show Spoiler +
Actually IPL5 and GSTL finals will both happen in Vegas again. When Forbes wrote an article about it (I believe it was Forbes) they said that August 5th to 8th I believe (I forget the exact date... I believe it was around there though) will be IPL5 and GSTL finals, in Vegas.


I could be wrong on that though... maybe that's the GSTL after this one.

Didn't hear that rumpr yet, if true that's great. The date sounds about right, would fit the time frame.


I sort of remember that article, but I remember them saying code s finals at ipl 5 instead of gstl again. Would also be a lot cheaper for ign as well.

Edit: Found article. I was wrong and it doens't mention code s finals, just a 2 event deal b/w ign and gsl. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/02/29/ign-exec-explains-esports-expansion-with-new-las-vegas-competitions-and-gstl-partnership/



Oh you're right!

Actually I never noticed on the third page that it does say GSL rather than GSTL:


What are your plans for IPL 5?

Our second Vegas event in August will incorporate IPL5 and GSL. We’ll continue to do a lot of small events like South by Southwest (SXSW), where we’re doing an All-Star League of Legends, StarCraft II and Street Fighter X Tekken.

Still, I'm sure that could still be GSTL. And it's not set in stone yet either from what I've read about it: http://www.esfiworld.com/news/igns-david-ting-gstl-cooperation-pax-conflict-streaming-subscription-model


That's the old article for IPL4
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
IMHope
Profile Joined February 2011
Korea (South)1241 Posts
May 03 2012 22:16 GMT
#179
Excited for this season of GSTL. Lets see how TL and Fnatic do. I don't think they will win but it would be nice to see how far they can go.
Jessica Jung, Kim Taeyeon, Kwon Yuri <333
Lasbike
Profile Joined January 2011
France2888 Posts
May 03 2012 22:16 GMT
#180
Liquiiiiiiid Fighting !! :D
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason87
SpeCial 77
Railgan 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15853
Dewaltoss 148
firebathero 106
Hyuk 97
ZZZero.O 79
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
febbydoto47
League of Legends
Doublelift3801
Counter-Strike
Fnx 864
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5820
crisheroes884
Other Games
summit1g6567
FrodaN2530
fl0m850
mouzStarbuck466
KnowMe323
ToD218
ArmadaUGS143
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1153
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 85
• Adnapsc2 23
• musti20045 14
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 52
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen139
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur212
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 49m
INu's Battles
14h 49m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 49m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 49m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.