• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8143 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S2 CodeS RO8 D1 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 11:55:01
May 02 2012 11:06 GMT
#1
IMMVP

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

This is now your fifth time in ro4 of Code S

I returned from China yesterday. I thought the match would be physically difficult so I’m glad I had an easy win. This is my first ro4 in a long time so I’m very excited.

You relied heavily on strategy not once but twice. Was it because of your wrist? Some other problem?

I am of the opinion that you should be punished for risky play. If you get greedy with me, you will get punished. Naniwa is a player who has a risky early game and gets a good economy. Those strategies were a response to that.

Today’s control made it difficult to believe you have a wrist injury. How was it today?

I couldn’t really exert my wrist even in today’s games. It was difficult to mineral boost with my workers at the start. Other than that, it was okay.

Your team and Naniwa have had some run-ins in the past. Did you think about those in your match today?

Not really. I’ve faced foreigners several times in the GSL and never lost once. Since we’re playing on my home soil, I believed that I had the advantage. I think that led to my victory.

Lately, Protosses are on the rise but you keep the Terran pride strong.

Protosses are definitely on the rise. Still, the Terrans that are left are extremely powerful players. There should be at least one more Terran in ro4. I hope the finals is a TvP rather than a PvP.

Your next match is a TvP no matter what. Who do you want to face?

Both players have strong PvT so both are difficult to deal with. Still I prefer Oz to Parting. I feel like I will be more sore about losing to Parting. Parting acts like he’s already won the championship and he’ll probably do a ceremony on me too.

You have secured a spot to win a fourth GSL championship before anyone else.

I’ve fallen in ro4 after my third championship before. Even if I don’t win the championship, I hope I get to walk onto the stage of the finals.

This is your first official win wearing the LG-IM uniform.

This is my first appearance in the uniform and my first win. I am so happy that I won. I think things are looking good for me. It’s a good sign.

Anything to add?

First I want to thank our newest sponsor LG electronics. I also want to thank Nvidia, SteelSeries, Coca cola, Googims. I will play even harder to promote these sponsors.
I was able to win because my teammates Anyppi and Ready practised a lot with me before I left for China. I want to thank them both.


Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1177854

StartaleParting (T/N: interview from TiG, img from Leveltory since TiG used an old one. Interviews are almost identical anyway. Also Parting is a troll)

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

This is your first time in ro 4 of Code S

Similar to what I said in the ro8 interview, it’s just like a dream. As I got ready for today’s match, I remembered losing to DRG in ro8 of last season. That defeat saddened me so much that DRG appeared in my dreams afterwards. I practised hard so I wouldn’t have a repeat of that and won with luck on my side.

Unexpectedly, you had a landslide victory of 3:0. If you were to evaluate today’s match?

If I were somewhat arrogant last season, I fixed that after my loss in ro8. I changed my mindset after the defeat in ro8 and subsequent losses in the GSTL. I dug deep and thought about all the practice I had to go through to get where I am. I think that is why I won.

The opponent took his expansion before you in Set 1. Did you anticipate that?

Not at all. However, I’ve used such a build myself and practised it too. So I just played based on those experiences and it worked out.

Set 2 wasn’t favourable but as your two immortals kept the stalkers busy, you were able to attack an empty base and win.

Each player has their own style of army control. I focused solely on the immortals. I set all the other units on attack move and controlled the immortals while watching the opponent’s stalkers. It seemed like my opponent was going to take out my immortals before defending. It was partly planned.

Your ro4 opponent is the three time champion IMMVP

To be honest, he’s just another Terran to me. Terrans are a free meal to me and that’s the case for whomever. So I don’t care. I feel like I must get to the finals so that I don’t shame the players I have beaten so far.

MVP mentioned your attitude in his interview and even predicted that you would pull off a ceremony on him.

I plan to save the ceremonies for more interesting players like MC. If I get really excited, I will do one. I don’t feel like I acted too over the top but other people seem to think so. I guess I was a little arrogant but it wasn’t to the level of acting like a champion (laugh). I do resent that statement. That’s also not to say that I will become even more arrogant if I win the championship.

If you had to predict your ro4 score?

My heart says 3:0 but my brain says 3:1. Since it is King MVP after all.

Depending on how the bracket works out, you may have to teamkill Squirtle. Is that possible?

Even if I don’t get to the finals, Squirtle definitely will. I’ve always said that Squirtle is the one best Protoss but his potential just didn’t become realised. Now that he’s showing his true self, he will get to the finals.
If I don’t make the finals, this is his GSL. However, if I do, I’m sorry to Squirtle but I will win 4:3.

Anything to add?

I want to thank Ace and Tiger for practice. I also want to thank Genius, Seed, Anyppi, Mentalist and Soulman as well as Finaleand Vampire for their advice.
I want to thank Red Bull, Zowie Gear and BenQ as well as DigiTech High School which supports progaming.
Also, last time, I seem to have offended MC but it’s all a misunderstanding. He took care of me like I was his son at MLG. I am really grateful and I love him. I will treat him something nice with my GSL winnings.


Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1178010
img: http://leveltory.com/8238
Translator
Azurues
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia5612 Posts
May 02 2012 11:07 GMT
#2
wow some rivalry with Parting is happening here
Chickenlegs
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden451 Posts
May 02 2012 11:08 GMT
#3
Awesome Thanks! <3
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
May 02 2012 11:08 GMT
#4
Thanks for the super fast translations as always storywriter <3
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Xarles
Profile Joined July 2011
459 Posts
May 02 2012 11:09 GMT
#5
That was quick, thanks storywriter! <3
Peddel
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands229 Posts
May 02 2012 11:09 GMT
#6
Storywriter, you are a GSL fan's greatest HerO!
CJ MadLife Fighting!
Silent12ill
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States358 Posts
May 02 2012 11:09 GMT
#7
Thank you for the translation. =]
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
May 02 2012 11:09 GMT
#8
so handsome MVP <3
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
May 02 2012 11:09 GMT
#9
On May 02 2012 20:08 bittman wrote:
Thanks for the super fast translations as always storywriter <3

lol, I barely finished before the PvP series ended. PvP ftw.
Translator
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
May 02 2012 11:10 GMT
#10
Go MVP! 4th championship please!
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Firereaver
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
India1701 Posts
May 02 2012 11:11 GMT
#11
Parting acting cocky??? Take him DOWN MVP!!!
"They drone drone drone , me win" - JangMinChul(Iron/oGsMC)
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
May 02 2012 11:11 GMT
#12
MVP <3. Rest well, and good luck against Parting!
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
NExt
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1651 Posts
May 02 2012 11:11 GMT
#13
Great insight. Tyvm appreciate it. keep em coming ♥
Waiting for Protoss Jesus
Peddel
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands229 Posts
May 02 2012 11:12 GMT
#14
Parting acts like he’s already won the championship and he’ll probably do a ceremony on me too.


O Yeah! Show me them ceremonies Glassestoss!
CJ MadLife Fighting!
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
May 02 2012 11:12 GMT
#15
IM certainly have a great lineup of sponsors there
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
May 02 2012 11:12 GMT
#16
Thanks for the interview! <3
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Coal
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden1535 Posts
May 02 2012 11:12 GMT
#17
'I thought the match would be physically difficult so I’m glad I had an easy win''

=(

Parting for champ yO <3

Thanks for translating!
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
May 02 2012 11:12 GMT
#18
MVP is a really smart player, probably one of the best when it comes to preparing and such I feel! GL against PartinG!
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
May 02 2012 11:16 GMT
#19
storywriter always amazing as ever!

LET'S DO THIS MVP!!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
May 02 2012 11:18 GMT
#20
Storywriter for GSL champ!

Hahaha Parting's swagger really seems to get under peoples skin though, first MC and now MVP brings it up =p

So happy the king won, good game planning to deal with Nani being greedy, and with the added advantage that ending games early puts less stress on his wrists.
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft376
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft376
WinterStarcraft206
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 471
White-Ra 163
Noble 84
Hyuk 60
NaDa 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4572
Counter-Strike
taco 216
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox539
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor658
Other Games
summit1g7842
FrodaN1754
Coldzera 824
JimRising 502
C9.Mang0320
ViBE69
Mew2King60
ArmadaUGS56
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick798
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21018
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 5m
Online Event
10h 5m
FEL
15h 5m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 5m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.