• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:20
CEST 23:20
KST 06:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10676 users

Who is the most popular streamer?(Numbers inside!) - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
horsebanger
Profile Joined January 2012
141 Posts
April 30 2012 19:16 GMT
#21
there is this other streamer who is banned from TL, I hear he pulls big numbers whenever he streams
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
April 30 2012 19:16 GMT
#22
On May 01 2012 03:54 Stanlot wrote:
Man, I miss Cella's stream.


When was the last time he streamed? I started watching his stream March 5, 2011 after everyone went from HuK's stream to Cella's when HuK went offline, and after a few months he was having troubles with streaming due to lag and it seems to me he has stopped ever since... :S

I never see his stream online anymore T.T.

Too bad because it was the best stream I've ever watched
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
April 30 2012 19:16 GMT
#23
IdrA's peak viewer number is 15k? Didn't we get it up to 20k once for some kind of challenge?
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
April 30 2012 19:17 GMT
#24
Would be interesting to see those numbers translated into $ figures. Of course, that's dependant on the number of commercials they run...but we could always use an estimate for that.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 30 2012 19:19 GMT
#25
I like Hui's stream a lot more than I thought.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
lodeet
Profile Joined September 2011
United States147 Posts
April 30 2012 19:19 GMT
#26
IdrA is the most depressing player to watch, but somehow I am still drawn to his stream.

It's like I still hope that one day he will stop being a fucking idiot and actually play the game.
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-30 19:23:12
April 30 2012 19:19 GMT
#27
On May 01 2012 04:13 Seldentar wrote:
At least one of your numbers is wrong because I remember over spring break when Stephano was streaming before the Lone Star Cup he had AT LEAST 18k viewers, but I think he even got over 20k at one point.

Good effort nonetheless and accurate enough I suppose.

That's entirely possible. My script checks TL.net every 15 minutes, so the 20k viewers could have happened in a 15 minute time frame for my script to miss it. Another possibility would be TL.net itself not displaying the viewer numbers accurately. If you hover your mouse over a stream name you get the current viewers of a stream. That's the numbers I work with.
If you happen to have the exact date, I could check my log and see what it says, though.

EDIT: Also note that, as I said in the OP, I started gathering data on 22.03., it's of course entirely possible (and likely) that the various streamers have had higher peak viewer numbers before that.
Tal0n
Profile Joined April 2010
United States175 Posts
April 30 2012 19:20 GMT
#28
i'd love you to keep doing this.
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
April 30 2012 19:22 GMT
#29
My current fav to watch, Rainbow, not even on list!
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-30 20:05:15
April 30 2012 19:23 GMT
#30
Having skill and personality helps, but that's not why IdrA and Stephano are that ahead of everyone else. Look at the 1st and 2nd place and compare that to the 3rd-10th places. The average viewers and peak viewers drop by >half for the latter. IdrA and Stephano are not just the best streamers, they are the best streamers by a very large margin.

IMO, IdrA and Stephano have one thing in common - they have the highest amount of exposure and hype in the foreigner's scene. IdrA because of his bm, and because he *was* once the biggest name in Western eSports and has an enormous fan base. Stephano because he has a great personality, and because he *is* the biggest name in Western eSports, which also gives him an enormous fan base.

But both are Zerg, too - and Zerg is fun to watch on stream. Are Naniwa and Thorzain going to be able to get the same viewer count?
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
April 30 2012 19:24 GMT
#31
:D great write up!
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
April 30 2012 19:25 GMT
#32
On May 01 2012 04:22 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
My current fav to watch, Rainbow, not even on list!

He didn't quite make it. Rainbow currently has an average viewer number of 472 (peak 1897). There is a ton of well known players who did not even come close to making it into the top 50.
Qwix
Profile Joined October 2010
531 Posts
April 30 2012 19:26 GMT
#33
On May 01 2012 04:16 MichaelDonovan wrote:
IdrA's peak viewer number is 15k? Didn't we get it up to 20k once for some kind of challenge?

"with data gathered from 22.03.12 until today"
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
April 30 2012 19:28 GMT
#34
Very nice! Not at all surprised with the top ten, although I didn't expect DeMusliM to be quite as high. Happy for him though

Only 3 Koreans in the top ten (MKP, MC, Hero). That's pretty interesting. Personality over ability level is definitely valued when it comes to streaming (although, obviously, none of the Most Watched Players are scrubs!).
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
April 30 2012 19:31 GMT
#35
Back in the day, Cella stream got huge numbers. What awesome times those were, i miss it so much.
drbrown
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden442 Posts
April 30 2012 19:34 GMT
#36
On May 01 2012 04:19 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 04:13 Seldentar wrote:
At least one of your numbers is wrong because I remember over spring break when Stephano was streaming before the Lone Star Cup he had AT LEAST 18k viewers, but I think he even got over 20k at one point.

Good effort nonetheless and accurate enough I suppose.

That's entirely possible. My script checks TL.net every 15 minutes, so the 20k viewers could have happened in a 15 minute time frame for my script to miss it. Another possibility would be TL.net itself not displaying the viewer numbers accurately. If you hover your mouse over a stream name you get the current viewers of a stream. That's the numbers I work with.
If you happen to have the exact date, I could check my log and see what it says, though.

EDIT: Also note that, as I said in the OP, I started gathering data on 22.03., it's of course entirely possible (and likely) that the various streamers have had higher peak viewer numbers before that.


I was watching the stream when Stephano broke 19k, but if im not mistaken that was before the Lone Star Clash and thus before your script started recording the number of viewers, i dont think your script is wrong. However, Team Liquid is pretty slow on updating viewer numbers, often lagging about 2k behind, it's better to get them directly from twitch.
I'm probably being ironic
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
April 30 2012 19:36 GMT
#37
This data highlights what I consider to be the biggest difference between LoL as a spectator sport and SC2. In LoL, for the longest time (before they moved into a Korean team house) I could log on pretty much any time of day and watch CLG play. They were dedicated and committed to providing stream content. Also about half the time (more with personalities like SV and less with some of the shy guys) they would not just be playing with music but also giving play by play commentary and Q+A.
Sure they are doing it for the money but they also realize that being available personally makes people get emotionally invested. The closest thing SC2 has had to this was Destiny back when he was first starting and look how well it has worked for him.

SC2 will never reach its full potential if we keep propagating the myth that all pros need to do is play good games.
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
April 30 2012 19:38 GMT
#38
I didn't know Moon streamed at all
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
April 30 2012 19:39 GMT
#39
On May 01 2012 04:19 lodeet wrote:
IdrA is the most depressing player to watch, but somehow I am still drawn to his stream.

It's like I still hope that one day he will stop being a fucking idiot and actually play the game.


This is a silly thing to say...
Despite all the hate, IdrA is still one of the top 10-15 foreigners in the world.
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
April 30 2012 19:40 GMT
#40
On May 01 2012 04:34 drbrown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 04:19 Conti wrote:
On May 01 2012 04:13 Seldentar wrote:
At least one of your numbers is wrong because I remember over spring break when Stephano was streaming before the Lone Star Cup he had AT LEAST 18k viewers, but I think he even got over 20k at one point.

Good effort nonetheless and accurate enough I suppose.

That's entirely possible. My script checks TL.net every 15 minutes, so the 20k viewers could have happened in a 15 minute time frame for my script to miss it. Another possibility would be TL.net itself not displaying the viewer numbers accurately. If you hover your mouse over a stream name you get the current viewers of a stream. That's the numbers I work with.
If you happen to have the exact date, I could check my log and see what it says, though.

EDIT: Also note that, as I said in the OP, I started gathering data on 22.03., it's of course entirely possible (and likely) that the various streamers have had higher peak viewer numbers before that.


I was watching the stream when Stephano broke 19k, but if im not mistaken that was before the Lone Star Clash and thus before your script started recording the number of viewers, i dont think your script is wrong. However, Team Liquid is pretty slow on updating viewer numbers, often lagging about 2k behind, it's better to get them directly from twitch.

It is better, yes, but there are so many streamers that it's not really feasible with my limited programming knowledge. The number of streamers in my database is a four figure one, checking them individually every 15 minutes seems like quite a task (especially since there are a handful of different stream platforms that are being used). Maybe I'll have a look at the various APIs of the platforms and see if I could get the numbers directly from them when I have the time.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 16
910 14
MaD[AoV]3
League of Legends
JimRising 226
Counter-Strike
fl0m4644
Fnx 570
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox210
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4544
Liquid`Hasu761
Other Games
summit1g5024
Liquid`RaSZi1588
FrodaN549
C9.Mang0189
PPMD164
RotterdaM103
JuggernautJason40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21323
Other Games
• Shiphtur883
• imaqtpie659
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 40m
Patches Events
18h 40m
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.