• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:08
CEST 13:08
KST 20:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8006 users

Inside the Minds of Masters: Official Thread

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 05:05:29
March 30 2012 05:18 GMT
#1
After some positive feedback from the community (plus if day9 says DO IT, you have to) I have decided to continue with the Inside the Minds of Masters Series.

To give a little background my name is MrLlama and I have been playing starcraft since BW came out. I am currently a 750pt Masters zerg player in SC2. I have also been casting for a few months so I can definitely say I have learned a lot about the game from casting tournaments and pro players.

People always say they love when professionals commentate while they stream but that can be difficult sometimes and a lot of professional players simply do not do this because it either messes them up or there is a language barrier or any number of reasons.

I also know a lot of people try and use professional replays to understand the game better. Unfortunately, they are unsure of what exactly to be looking for and a lot of times will simply see an infestation pit go down for a zerg and assume the timing of it was just a part of the BO (When in actuality it could be because blink stalkers were scouted or any number of reasons).

This is where I try to fill that need. With my series I am hoping to bring knowledge of the game to players and help them understand the WHY when watching a replay. While all audiences can watch and learn from this, I think it will be especially helpful to people Gold-Masters.

I am going to be analyzing all 3 races. Along with my casting knowledge I used to be a terran player and I'm taking protoss lessons right now so I can provide the best commentary for everyone, not just zergs.

I will be updating this first post with links to the videos whenever I add them. Of course you can also subscribe to my youtube as I will be uploading the videos there for now. Eventually I may start turning it into a streamed event once or twice a week but for now it is simply going to be youtube videos.

Inside the Minds of Masters Episode 1: Stephano ZvP (3 hatch vs FFE)
Just Replay: http://drop.sc/140890

Inside the Minds of Masters Episode 2: MC PvT (1 Gate FE vs 2 rax)
Just Replay: http://drop.sc/69779

Inside the Minds of Masters Episode 3: Taeja TvZ (reactor hellion FE vs 2 base muta)
Just Replay: http://drop.sc/148202

Inside the Minds of Masters Episode 4: Nerchio ZvT (muta/ling vs banshee marine/tank)
Just Replay: http://drop.sc/146554

Inside the Minds of Masters Episode 5: RevSaroVati PvZ (Fast 6Gate vs 3 hatch)
Just Replay: http://drop.sc/118781

Inside the Minds of Masters Episode 6: SlayersMMA TvP (1 rax expand vs 1 gate expand)
Just Replay: http://drop.sc/129312

Inside the Minds of Masters Episode 7: FXoz PvP (2gate expand vs blink all in)
Just Replay: http://drop.sc/162099

Inside the Minds of Masters Episode 8: Stephano ZvZ (14/14 vs 10pool)
Just Replay: http://drop.sc/167037


Feedback is always appreciated.
-MrLlama
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
DawN883
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden558 Posts
March 30 2012 10:35 GMT
#2
These are very well done. Keep them coming!
If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die
Demicore
Profile Joined October 2011
France503 Posts
March 30 2012 10:47 GMT
#3
Nice initiative sir, gonna watch Ep 2.
"I love male nipples in starcraft; the two go together so well." ~Tasteless
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 30 2012 11:03 GMT
#4
I will check these out. 20 minute pure strategy talk is going to be a joy.
I had a good night of sleep.
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
March 30 2012 11:04 GMT
#5
Lovely to see peopel contributing by giving strategical advice. Gonna check this vid now out and give feedback.
as useful as teasalt
FilthyRake
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States473 Posts
March 30 2012 13:27 GMT
#6
Just watched episode 2 and it was fantastic. keep up the good work
Co-owner of PSISTORM Gaming
BlueBoxSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States582 Posts
March 30 2012 16:05 GMT
#7
Always support new content production!
Sadly, I can't watch them now, but I'll give feedback later tonight.
BwCBlueBox.837
ToD
Profile Joined December 2008
France222 Posts
March 30 2012 16:18 GMT
#8
i never watch those tutorials but gave episode 2 a shot, pretty good analysis overall but sacraficing the probe to see 5 marines did not tell him its a 2rax did it ? i mean those 5 marines were only pumped from that first baracks.
Commentator
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
March 30 2012 16:49 GMT
#9
On March 31 2012 01:18 ToD wrote:
i never watch those tutorials but gave episode 2 a shot, pretty good analysis overall but sacraficing the probe to see 5 marines did not tell him its a 2rax did it ? i mean those 5 marines were only pumped from that first baracks.


Unfortunately I did not explain myself the best here and I kind of formed an absolute when there was still a slight possibility of change.

first off, he scouted 7 marines, not 5. I made that mistake in my commentary despite actually seeing the 7 marines shoot it.

The first marine popped out at 3:10
If he continually made marines from the barracks he would have 7 marines 150 seconds later, or at 5:40.

MC scouts 7 marines at 5:25
This right here is a clear indicator that MC went reactor first on his barracks

Now here is where I went wrong. There is still a (much smaller) chance that MvP is going for a reactor expand. What MC should have done is brought his stalkers with that push so he could continually just poke up the ramp and attack marines until a marauder was shown from MVP. Then he could be certain of the attack.

However, the reason MC did not do this is because all he really needed to know was that his opponent opened with a reactor on that barracks and was continually pumping marines. The response to both a 1 rax reactor expand and a 2 rax should both be the same. Get down the extra gateways and take that robo at about 34/35. Then cut probes a little bit after if you see the push coming, which he did with his stalker at the xel naga tower.

I should have been more clear about this in my video and I'm sorry for using an absolute saying it was a 2rax. I need to start watching replays before I cast them so I can do this analysis beforehand instead of just on the spot lol
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
KING CHARLIE :D
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States447 Posts
March 30 2012 16:53 GMT
#10
I think it's wonderful that you're helping out players with your obviously vast sea of RTS knowledge. Anyone who has played RTS as long as you have will definitely have some nuggets of wisdom! thanks!
NO TEAM WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS TEAM LIQUID!
DawN883
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden558 Posts
March 30 2012 17:08 GMT
#11
You have to make a terran video now Your analysis is so good! :D
If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
March 30 2012 20:51 GMT
#12
On March 31 2012 02:08 StimFesT wrote:
You have to make a terran video now Your analysis is so good! :D


Thanks you!

Yeah episode 3 is going to be a terran replay. I'm going to make sure to get a decent number of all 3 at the start and then from there do user requests and such. So if you see MKP hold off some timing push that you always lose to, i'll have you send me his replay and I'll analyze why he was able to hold it.
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
Mongolbonjwa
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland376 Posts
March 30 2012 21:04 GMT
#13
I hope you do some terran vs zerg analysis
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
March 30 2012 22:05 GMT
#14
On March 31 2012 06:04 Mongolbonjwa wrote:
I hope you do some terran vs zerg analysis


In fact, tvz is actually next on the list. I'm currently out of state but I get back in tonight so I should have episode 3 uploaded sometime around midnight, maybe a little before. Any specific build in tvz?
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
March 31 2012 18:31 GMT
#15
Alright everyone, episode 3 in the series is up. It is a TvZ following Taeja through his reactor hellion expand. It is a little bit of a longer video and currently at the start there is about 19 seconds where I do not talk so I can let the graphics glitch finish and I can edit it out.

I set youtube to edit the video out so it starts right when I start talking so it should be changing sometime in the next hour or two depending on how slow youtube is for editing videos.

feedback always appreciated

-Llama
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
April 01 2012 21:10 GMT
#16
Episode 4 has been added. Nerchio ZvT

This video is aimed at those zergs who wonder why they lose to marine/tank pushes and want to learn the art of counterattacking.

Question: Do you guys prefer these decently long games or would you like me to also include smaller things like defending 2 rax and cannon rushes and such? They aren't quite as analytical but they could still be beneficial in my mind.

-Llama
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
April 01 2012 21:18 GMT
#17
any chance you can post the replays (or at least sources for dling them), i wanna take a closer look at the morrow game
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
April 01 2012 21:40 GMT
#18
On April 02 2012 06:18 Endymion wrote:
any chance you can post the replays (or at least sources for dling them), i wanna take a closer look at the morrow game


I have added the replays to my first post. I'll continue to do this for the rest of the the series.

Thanks!
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
Sergio1992
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Italy522 Posts
April 02 2012 19:27 GMT
#19
Hi sir, are you gonna make a tvp video? I'm kinda curious! thanks for these videos!
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
April 02 2012 23:26 GMT
#20
On April 03 2012 04:27 Sergio1992 wrote:
Hi sir, are you gonna make a tvp video? I'm kinda curious! thanks for these videos!


Yes I will. The first 9 episodes will be of each match up and then from there I will repeat matchups but analyze different builds.

Is there any specific tvp build/pro video that you would like me to analyze?
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 387
RotterdaM64
Rex61
TKL 23
SteadfastSC19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
RotterdaM 64
Rex 61
Codebar 41
TKL 23
SteadfastSC 19
ByuN 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3199
Shuttle 1225
Bisu 762
Soulkey 679
Horang2 570
Jaedong 552
BeSt 414
actioN 334
Mong 329
Soma 253
[ Show more ]
firebathero 250
Stork 196
Larva 166
Rush 161
Mini 126
Last 112
Hyun 103
Zeus 92
Pusan 87
PianO 74
ZerO 73
Free 69
910 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
Snow 47
hero 40
sorry 40
Shinee 39
sSak 28
Sharp 28
Bale 22
Sexy 21
ToSsGirL 20
HiyA 20
ZergMaN 19
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
JYJ 6
scan(afreeca) 6
yabsab 1
Dota 2
XcaliburYe277
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss730
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes242
Other Games
gofns45577
singsing1937
B2W.Neo210
DeMusliM180
Pyrionflax170
KnowMe140
Livibee140
Trikslyr22
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Other Games
• Shiphtur479
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 52m
The PondCast
22h 52m
INu's Battles
23h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.