• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9098 users

Orb Dismissed from Evil Geniuses Broadcasts - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
3626 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 182 Next
Alex is verbose, and you owe it to yourself (and the rest of us) to read the statement in its entirety. Remember, when making comments/claims to provide proper evidence, facts etc. Arguments based on incorrect assumptions, facts and straw men, will be dealt with swiftly. If in doubt, PM a mod or ask IRC. Do NOT spread misinformation, when in doubt, check your sources.

In short, be smart.

Alex comments on Idra:


Orbs Statement: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=319038

Personal attacks against other posters in this thread will be met with a ban -- 14:20 KST
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
March 09 2012 03:58 GMT
#101
Well written post. My viewpoint has been altered today. Thank you Alex =)

I respect EG more than I did before all this drama.
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
pirates
Profile Joined October 2010
United States701 Posts
March 09 2012 03:58 GMT
#102
On March 09 2012 12:51 Champloo wrote:
GJ reddit, you successfully destroyed the casting career of someone who raged in a ladder game.

yep. I dont feel Alex overreacted, he did what he had to. The community overreacted and fucked over Orb, he didnt deserve this. Hope you are all proud of yourselfs for wasting Alex's time and ruining a great opportunity for Orb over text on the internet.
UrielSC
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada143 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 03:59:51
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#103
Lol Reddit doing what it does best.
Gl to orb in the future
Kuja
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1759 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#104
EG just lost one fan. They shouldn't of dismissed Orb.
“Who's to say that my light is better than your darkness? Who's to say death is better than your darkness? Who am I to say?”
Deleted User 47542
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1484 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#105
On March 09 2012 12:50 kibeth wrote:
I actually find your post overly condescending and obnoxious, and I like EG as an organization.

It's kind of like if I stole a toy from a grocery store when I was 8. Later in life I work there, and somehow someone finds out that a decade ago I stole a 99cent toy, and I was fired. Sounds ridiculous right?

Did your school not teach you what a logical fallacy is?
Skuller
Profile Joined September 2010
United States197 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#106
Wow, kudos to Alex Garfield for being so wellspoken and eloquent.

Interesting that the post addressed the action and not what Orb stated after the witchhunt started.

Best of luck to Orb.
ePLocust
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States587 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#107
Good post and well thought out. Thank you Mr. Garfield.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#108
On March 09 2012 12:55 kibeth wrote:

Nobody starts giant shit storms on reddit cause incontrol used to sit there on state of the game and outright call people faggots, that should be viewed as just as vile as this, AND he did it while actually representing EG. This is just a case of him not being popular enough to have his mistakes ignored.

Let's not forget IdrA's ladder rage and liberal use of "faggot."

I laughed out loud reading that last section at the end about wishing the community would fight homophobia too. Hilarious.
spancho
Profile Joined September 2009
United States161 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#109
It means a lot to me that the head of Evil Genius is so incredibly f__king awesome. My respect for EG just went up 1000%. The way we talk about race matters, and casual racism is something that cannot be allowed to exist in the Starcraft community.
"Your face can't hurt 'cuz you're ugly." -Tasteless
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#110
On March 09 2012 12:57 bennyaus wrote:
Orb is a legitimately good caster and it is very unfortunate that the community decided to escalate this to a level that it didn't need to be escalated to. All he needed was a stern talking to, so that he was more professional in the future. I am actually disgusted with how much our community likes to go on witch hunts all in the name of 'e-sports'.

There is a huge amount of hypocrisy here when two of the community's favourite players (IdrA and Destiny) frequently use terms which are derogatory towards homosexuals. I am disgusted that the line is drawn here just because Orb is comparatively a nobody who doesn't make EG/QxG money.


This is entirely Orb's fault. If he admitted what he did and made a formal apology and then did some charitable event to make up for it, people would have forgiven him. Instead he chose to lie about it and attack the people who exposed him. He demonstrated that he never felt any remorse for what he did and had no respect for his boss, the community, or his job.
PhsX
Profile Joined September 2011
United States12 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#111
On March 09 2012 12:50 kibeth wrote:
I actually find your post overly condescending and obnoxious, and I like EG as an organization.

It's kind of like if I stole a toy from a grocery store when I was 8. Later in life I work there, and somehow someone finds out that a decade ago I stole a 99cent toy, and I was fired. Sounds ridiculous right?


As a senior in college earning a certification to teach secondary school, we were all warned as freshman that almost any offense against us legally could stop us from being certified. One horror story was centered around stealing a coke. A bottle of coke caused a guy a 6-month headache before getting his certification to teach. Get a DUI or MIP? You might as well change majors.

Your comparison of 8 years old to adulthood doesn't apply, it's too far stretched. It's reasonable to expect that recent actions can affect your future, especially when you're supposed to be a community's role model.
Roach-Immortal is pretty good against stalkers.
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#112
Pretty weird when you get fired for getting mad while playing a video game. At pretty much any other job you can't get fired for BMing someone in a video game on your own free time.
esports
pugowar
Profile Joined January 2010
United States142 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#113
What orb said - in the past - was obviously not good. That being said, he is a young man, who made a mistake (or several mistakes in a chain and acted extremely immature). While he should be punished, I think that a complete dismissal is way over punishment. It feels to me as though EG and their sponsors gave in to a mob mentality here - and should be careful to allow others so much power over their decision making process.
While racism is not to be tolerated, I would think that Orb would be warned that his actions are not to be tolerated, told if he did it again he would be fired, and suspended for part of the season or something else. I guess I am more forgiving then most, but we all make mistakes, and typically are given chances to move past them.
Even Michael Vick has been given a second chance after being convicted of dogfighting and torturing and killing dogs.
Gooooooooooo Sparkyz!
battyone
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States180 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#114
On March 09 2012 12:55 Labbetuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 12:52 battyone wrote:
On March 09 2012 12:51 yawnoC wrote:
Thanks for the post.
I find it kind of crazy that people contacted EGs sponsors though. That honestly blows my mind o_O


Yeah it feels a lot like people were leveraging the sponsors to influence EGs decision. I am not a fan of moves like that, it's a real scumbag thing in my opinion. I am not defending Orb but I somehow feel that if sponsors/money was not involved in this decision we'd see more leniency for what he did while on his own time.


People do drastic things when they get upset, especially in a situation like this. I don't they (people who contacted sponsors) did the right thing, but I understand why some reacted that way.


It seems overly reactionairy to do it before giving EG a shot to correct the issue. These kinds of things can cost EG a sponship, how the community (I wanted to really say reddit here but it was a lot more than just /r/sc here) feel if Monster pulled support for EG becuase of this and now EG has to close the lair or let go of players? People were going to war at the drop of a hat before the truth came out, and it feels like that applied both an unfair time constraint on EG (Better act fast before we lost sponsors) and had a heavy influence over what their decision was.

Basically people need to at least give everyone a fair shot, not just immediately go into full on Judge Dredd mode, we are the community, we can discuss things, we can point out shame, but we should not be judge jury and executioner. It's too easy for things to look one way, and horrible miscarriges of justice to occur. I am not saying that happened here, I do feel it happened with Katu but hey. More importantly we should at least have the decency to let things run their course a bit before we start attacking the funding for a team.
Let's Go Mets!
MaestrO_
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States591 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#115
While i agree with the outcome, it's kind of amazing how much 1 reddit post turned into this, Reddit has so many holier than thou, knee jerkers on their site. Just surprised it ended up here.
SupplyBlockedTV
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Belgium313 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 04:01:22
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#116
On March 09 2012 12:58 kilerz wrote:
Show nested quote +
Counter-Strike players (mostly White and Asian) decided that it would be fun to masquerade as an African-American Counter-Strike team.


Just curious... why is it ok to refer to Caucasians/Europeans as "white" but not African-Americans as "black" and Asians as either "yellow" or "brown"?

Anyone else see the problem with this statement?


And nigger comes from latin niger, meaning black :D
PEW PEW PEW
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#117
On March 09 2012 12:51 PowerDes wrote:
What a joke. Let this be a warning guys, be on your bestest behavior when playing ladder games or the internet will destroy your reputation.


Or maybe your worst behavior shouldn't include spouting racist bullshit, then you'll never have to worry!
We found Dove in a soapless place.
TheSwamp
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1497 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#118
On March 09 2012 12:57 Catchafire2000 wrote:
Nothing is wrong with being racist, just be smart about it. I'm not Mr. Sunshine smiling at all the colors under me, but just because I have a viewpoint against a race doesn't mean I should publicly put them down...

Its a pity, because I am sure Orb has tons of black fans.


What the actual fuck
MLG: How is your Protoss? Idra: I make Blink Stalkers, so really, really good.
garbodor
Profile Joined October 2011
269 Posts
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#119
On March 09 2012 12:59 Kuja wrote:
EG just lost one fan. They shouldn't of dismissed Orb.


Did you read the post?
Razuik
Profile Joined October 2010
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 04:01:16
March 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#120
On March 09 2012 12:50 kibeth wrote:
I actually find your post overly condescending and obnoxious, and I like EG as an organization.

It's kind of like if I stole a toy from a grocery store when I was 8. Later in life I work there, and somehow someone finds out that a decade ago I stole a 99cent toy, and I was fired. Sounds ridiculous right?

Yeah, if the N-Word used in a malicious way was anywhere near as petty as the theft of a 99cent toy.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox384
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5262
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 804
shahzam539
JimRising 418
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe212
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie763
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 15m
Online Event
11h 15m
FEL
16h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.