• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7237 users

The Executives: The Business of Gaming - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
168 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
itkovian
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1763 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 23:28:35
February 27 2012 23:28 GMT
#41
Pretty neat idea for a show. I think it will be good for people to hear more about the behind the scenes business of esports. Hopefully people will slow down the witch-hunting, and get a better idea of the investment, and risk, teams and organizations are making when they venture monetarily into the world of gaming.
=)=
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
February 27 2012 23:32 GMT
#42
nice. definitely plan on tuning in!
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
[N3O]r3d33m3r
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany674 Posts
February 27 2012 23:33 GMT
#43
i can see this show's purpose in trying to show people that PPV models need to be introduced or esports is not viable.
a bit of propaganda tbh^^
Fuego
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom166 Posts
February 27 2012 23:39 GMT
#44
This will be very interesting to the people who care about this kind of thing, I'm interested to hear the views and opinions of these guys, could be very eye-opening. Obviously a lot of people aren't going to care because they will think that its just these guys promoting themselves and their product, which is a shame.

Look forward to it.
Castrophy
Profile Joined November 2010
United States232 Posts
February 27 2012 23:40 GMT
#45
I have been hoping for somthing like this for the longest time. I really can't wait to tune in.
monkeycid
Profile Joined May 2006
Sweden44 Posts
February 27 2012 23:42 GMT
#46
On February 28 2012 08:39 Fuego wrote:
This will be very interesting to the people who care about this kind of thing, I'm interested to hear the views and opinions of these guys, could be very eye-opening. Obviously a lot of people aren't going to care because they will think that its just these guys promoting themselves and their product, which is a shame.

Look forward to it.


Well, I think it'll be these guys promoting themselves and their brands (I really rather doubt they're doing this as a free community service without a single 'second thought' behind it), but I also think it will be very interesting. I'll likely catch the VODs when I have some free time, but I will be watching with a somewhat sceptical eye.

Neat initiative. Hope the ROI is good!
woot!
[KGS]Slacker
Profile Joined November 2009
Denmark82 Posts
February 27 2012 23:51 GMT
#47
Sounds cool!, I'll be tuning in.
Tiazi
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands761 Posts
February 27 2012 23:57 GMT
#48
Great subjects. Especially interested in the episodes with victor and john.

"A brilliant yet deluded man once said, 'Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.' Gumiho is that agent of chaos." -monk
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
February 28 2012 00:02 GMT
#49
I can't help but feel the recent MLG stuff had something to do with this. But aside from that, I think it's a really good idea for a show anyway, and I will absolutely be tuning in to the VODs. Good luck, and I hope it all goes well!
jlake02
Profile Joined January 2011
United States395 Posts
February 28 2012 00:32 GMT
#50
On February 28 2012 08:33 [N3O]r3d33m3r wrote:
i can see this show's purpose in trying to show people that PPV models need to be introduced or esports is not viable.
a bit of propaganda tbh^^



Actually the show was under development before the MLG PPV was announced. I wish we had launched earlier to discuss the PPV before the event but we weren't ready.
compLexity Gaming - @coL_Lake
VforValdes
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada96 Posts
February 28 2012 00:43 GMT
#51
Sick hype vid.
And miles to go before I sleep.
Kreggar
Profile Joined September 2011
United States83 Posts
February 28 2012 00:45 GMT
#52
I love this idea! I can't wait to see how this show turns out, and I hope to learn a lot. I hope to make my career in ESPORTS through bringing real business practices and professionalism to forefront. I want this community to have a real, viable future! So glad to see the people already in working in the biz taking steps in this direction.

StarCraft is the hardest, most beautiful game in the world.
BrodiaQ
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States892 Posts
February 28 2012 00:45 GMT
#53
Sounds like a really awesome and really interesting show. I'll be tuning in.
"So come right up and let me squash your creativity with my iron fist of conservative play."--Nony
MostGroce
Profile Joined April 2011
United States104 Posts
February 28 2012 00:46 GMT
#54
Hmmm. I got excited at first then thought, I've always hated the news and don't like the thought of it reproduced into a starcraft version. Hope you prove me wrong though.
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
February 28 2012 00:59 GMT
#55
Looks interesting
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
Dude.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States94 Posts
February 28 2012 01:00 GMT
#56
I'm really looking forward to this. Thank you guys so much for putting this together. =D
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 01:20:00
February 28 2012 01:19 GMT
#57
As a manager who is trying to constantly develop and improve my team as much as possible I can say this will be a great asset. I will definitely tune in and hopefully pick something up from watching Thanks for doing this, truly unique content.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
hangene92
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada258 Posts
February 28 2012 01:24 GMT
#58
Put the video up on Youtube! I'm sure alot of people will watch it.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"
Ireniicus
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom374 Posts
February 28 2012 01:28 GMT
#59
Something to listen to whilst laddering or playingGW2 (Beta)
dubRa
Profile Joined December 2008
2165 Posts
February 28 2012 01:47 GMT
#60
show idea: Invite a player to talk about "making it" in esports.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 16678
StarCastTV_EN405
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
herO vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings104
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko283
ProTech115
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11437
Jaedong 6115
EffOrt 2702
BeSt 1234
actioN 856
Killer 705
Soma 593
ZerO 518
Pusan 488
Horang2 415
[ Show more ]
Zeus 246
Stork 224
Rush 198
JYJ 160
Barracks 136
Mong 61
ToSsGirL 53
HiyA 40
Terrorterran 33
Sea.KH 32
Bale 31
Sexy 27
Shinee 27
Sharp 24
sorry 24
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4980
Dendi498
XaKoH 339
League of Legends
Reynor49
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_32
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2317
WinterStarcraft2294
Other Games
gofns62240
singsing1507
olofmeister1220
byalli543
Livibee197
OGKoka 100
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream366
StarCraft 2
WardiTV259
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 237
Other Games
BasetradeTV186
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1767
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 25m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 25m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.