• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:52
CEST 01:52
KST 08:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8951 users

Artosis on the Duncan Trussell podcast. - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
chocopan
Profile Joined April 2010
Japan986 Posts
February 22 2012 13:32 GMT
#61
ok so. i can totally understand the class of sc2 gamer who does not react well to this podcast. but for myself, i loved it. I'm a diehard artosis fan anyways (i was going to say anyway but artosis always say anyways so now i will too because I'm kinda brainless that way), but i actually liked duncan too. why not after all. good for him. and yay for artosis. such a hero. gg.
Dance those ultras
drdreggor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden207 Posts
February 22 2012 13:43 GMT
#62
On February 22 2012 19:48 SimDawg wrote:
They got to politics and I had to switch off. Man there's a lot to be said for having our SC personalities stick to being SC personalities.


You HAD to switch off?
What because you don't agree with it you just can't stand it?

I think its cool to get to know sc2 personalities more "personal" and have them discuss these matters, even if I personally wouldn't agree with everything. Why would anyone just want to listen and view things that they agree with
Wake up Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes.
deadmau
Profile Joined September 2010
960 Posts
February 22 2012 14:02 GMT
#63
On February 22 2012 22:43 drdreggor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 19:48 SimDawg wrote:
They got to politics and I had to switch off. Man there's a lot to be said for having our SC personalities stick to being SC personalities.


You HAD to switch off?
What because you don't agree with it you just can't stand it?

I think its cool to get to know sc2 personalities more "personal" and have them discuss these matters, even if I personally wouldn't agree with everything. Why would anyone just want to listen and view things that they agree with


Probably he turned it off cause artosis said he supports da gays...oo rut rohs!
mememolly
Profile Joined December 2011
4765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 14:20:25
February 22 2012 14:18 GMT
#64
On February 22 2012 22:01 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 19:58 moltenlead wrote:
Duncan Trusell seems to be high on life.


Yup, and also pot and LSD.


LSD? this isn't 1960 breh, DMT ftw

cool to see sc2 getting this type of exposure, if any sc2 guy can get on Rogan it would be pretty huge
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
February 22 2012 14:31 GMT
#65
Very good interview, Artosis seems like such an amazing person. In defense of the host, while he does seem a little nuts, many of the 'weird' things he talks about that seem new-agey are actually pretty well grounded in science and reality. The Singularity, mind uploading, these are all things that are theoretically possible but still a long ways off. Major companies such as Google and IBM are spending millions of dollars on artificial intelligence research and 'whole brain emulation'. Not just AI to drive cars by themselves or whatever, but AGI (artificial general intelligence) that would (because of processing speed/more efficient algorithms) be smarter than humans in all domains. The Singularity is basically what happens when such an AI is self-modifiable, and can improve itself.

Anyways, it may sound like quack science or science fiction to the uninformed, but it is a growing field with loads of mainstream scientific support (Richard Dawkins, V.S Ramachandran, Douglas Hofstadter etc) as well as plenty of money (Peter Thiel and Bill Gates are both supporters, so..). Modern cosmology and the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics would probably seem weird to most people as well, and they are mainstream within science.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Probasaur
Profile Joined August 2011
United States461 Posts
February 22 2012 14:51 GMT
#66
What can I say?? I been huge fans of them starting at around the same time. When I heard this was actually happening... My arms flailed, which then turned to dance, then into repetitive "YES YES YES YES YES"


It was a brilliant cast. If you like this style of 1 on 1 really interesting conversation (usually not about psychedelics but definitely always about cool shit) Then I would seriously suggest you check out Joe Rogan's Podcast on Itunes. If you liked Duncan Trussell then he's got a bunch of amazing episodes on there. And if you want something new there's a huge laundry list of comedians, authors, journalists (the badass kind), and even Deadmau5 was just recently on. Theres no end to this shit. He already gets hundred of thousands of views so I'm not really here to plead for you to help get this going, just thought I'd try to share it with all you :D
"He who makes a beast of himself.... gets rid of the pain of being a man" -Hunter S Thompson.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
February 22 2012 15:00 GMT
#67
Can someone explain this guy's humor to me...it just sounds like a random string of words that makes no sense whatsoever. Do people actually think he's making sense because he's using big words and sounding smart?
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
February 22 2012 15:12 GMT
#68
It was an amazing podcast. I've listen to it very carefully. Shame it was that short.
Thanks for sharing it
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
February 22 2012 15:31 GMT
#69
he used the term time machine and multiverse in the same sentence. Is this guy popular? I'll listen though the whole thing but I'm worried I'm going to regret this.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
stonetalon
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands482 Posts
February 22 2012 15:39 GMT
#70
how does an interview about starcraft turn into an epic discussion about religion? i like it though :-)
MarineKingPrime, LiquidTaeja, Grubby, Naniwa fighting!
oDDable
Profile Joined April 2011
United States54 Posts
February 22 2012 15:41 GMT
#71
On February 22 2012 23:51 Probasaur wrote:
What can I say?? I been huge fans of them starting at around the same time. When I heard this was actually happening... My arms flailed, which then turned to dance, then into repetitive "YES YES YES YES YES"


It was a brilliant cast. If you like this style of 1 on 1 really interesting conversation (usually not about psychedelics but definitely always about cool shit) Then I would seriously suggest you check out Joe Rogan's Podcast on Itunes. If you liked Duncan Trussell then he's got a bunch of amazing episodes on there. And if you want something new there's a huge laundry list of comedians, authors, journalists (the badass kind), and even Deadmau5 was just recently on. Theres no end to this shit. He already gets hundred of thousands of views so I'm not really here to plead for you to help get this going, just thought I'd try to share it with all you :D



I am a fan of Joe Rogan's podcast and particularly his standup. I remember listening to his cast when Duncan brought up SC2 and explained it with so much passion, although rather poorly. Joe Rogan couldn't actually fully comprehend wtf he was talking about.

I love when two communities that I am fans of connect in some way, was very cool to see. I can certainly understand those who have never taken psychedelics being weirded right out of listening to this, but I recommend it.
Machine - QXC - MC - HuK
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 16:04:38
February 22 2012 15:49 GMT
#72
On February 23 2012 00:41 oDDable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 23:51 Probasaur wrote:
What can I say?? I been huge fans of them starting at around the same time. When I heard this was actually happening... My arms flailed, which then turned to dance, then into repetitive "YES YES YES YES YES"


It was a brilliant cast. If you like this style of 1 on 1 really interesting conversation (usually not about psychedelics but definitely always about cool shit) Then I would seriously suggest you check out Joe Rogan's Podcast on Itunes. If you liked Duncan Trussell then he's got a bunch of amazing episodes on there. And if you want something new there's a huge laundry list of comedians, authors, journalists (the badass kind), and even Deadmau5 was just recently on. Theres no end to this shit. He already gets hundred of thousands of views so I'm not really here to plead for you to help get this going, just thought I'd try to share it with all you :D



I am a fan of Joe Rogan's podcast and particularly his standup. I remember listening to his cast when Duncan brought up SC2 and explained it with so much passion, although rather poorly. Joe Rogan couldn't actually fully comprehend wtf he was talking about.

I love when two communities that I am fans of connect in some way, was very cool to see. I can certainly understand those who have never taken psychedelics being weirded right out of listening to this, but I recommend it.



There are a lot of things that are better with brain damage but is he one of those people who do a lot of lsd? I guess theres a market for this kind of guy. he reminds me a lot of some evangelical preachers from the 70's except changed to be more pop culture.

they started talking about starcraft and I couldn't continue. If you like druggie humor this is for you hes obviously got a lot of brain dammage and I hope he gets help for that.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
February 22 2012 15:49 GMT
#73
On February 22 2012 19:48 SimDawg wrote:
They got to politics and I had to switch off. Man there's a lot to be said for having our SC personalities stick to being SC personalities.


Huh? There was no political debate in the show that I listened to :o

Unless if you count gay marriage as politics - It's really not, its ethics

Anyway, I had some good laughs listening to this, Duncan has some really funny weird rants that he can just twist and then run with to the extreme, untill he eventually ends up in some kind of twisted nature-of-the-universe monologue, lol

Artosis ran with it really well too.. To be honest, alot of people would probably go "Uuuhm.. Okay" after one of those, but Artosis just picked up the ball and got in on that shit =)

Awesome podcast, I enjoyed it
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
Empirimancer
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada1024 Posts
February 22 2012 16:03 GMT
#74
I think Duncan's ideas about the Singularity would sound nutty to most Singularitarians, even the Kurzweilian kind.

Anyway, it was still cool to hear Artosis talk about stuff other than SC2.

Treemonkeys
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2082 Posts
February 22 2012 16:05 GMT
#75
On February 23 2012 00:39 stonetalon wrote:
how does an interview about starcraft turn into an epic discussion about religion? i like it though :-)


That always happens with Duncan.
http://shroomspiration.blogspot.com/
Phays
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden162 Posts
February 22 2012 16:34 GMT
#76
Things like this is so good for e-sports.

Enjoyed the podcast alot
holycrapitsTony
Profile Joined October 2010
United States330 Posts
February 22 2012 16:38 GMT
#77
On February 23 2012 00:49 sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2012 00:41 oDDable wrote:
On February 22 2012 23:51 Probasaur wrote:
What can I say?? I been huge fans of them starting at around the same time. When I heard this was actually happening... My arms flailed, which then turned to dance, then into repetitive "YES YES YES YES YES"


It was a brilliant cast. If you like this style of 1 on 1 really interesting conversation (usually not about psychedelics but definitely always about cool shit) Then I would seriously suggest you check out Joe Rogan's Podcast on Itunes. If you liked Duncan Trussell then he's got a bunch of amazing episodes on there. And if you want something new there's a huge laundry list of comedians, authors, journalists (the badass kind), and even Deadmau5 was just recently on. Theres no end to this shit. He already gets hundred of thousands of views so I'm not really here to plead for you to help get this going, just thought I'd try to share it with all you :D



I am a fan of Joe Rogan's podcast and particularly his standup. I remember listening to his cast when Duncan brought up SC2 and explained it with so much passion, although rather poorly. Joe Rogan couldn't actually fully comprehend wtf he was talking about.

I love when two communities that I am fans of connect in some way, was very cool to see. I can certainly understand those who have never taken psychedelics being weirded right out of listening to this, but I recommend it.



There are a lot of things that are better with brain damage but is he one of those people who do a lot of lsd? I guess theres a market for this kind of guy. he reminds me a lot of some evangelical preachers from the 70's except changed to be more pop culture.

they started talking about starcraft and I couldn't continue. If you like druggie humor this is for you hes obviously got a lot of brain dammage and I hope he gets help for that.


LSD doesn't cause brain damage.
NYE: when the match loading screen comes up "zvz" it's like finding out you have hiv
Akagi
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States33 Posts
February 22 2012 17:01 GMT
#78
I like this sort of trail of thought conversation. Wish they would have talked more about Starcraft though. It was great.
The hourglass. It represents everything.
kindle139
Profile Joined September 2010
United States128 Posts
February 22 2012 17:37 GMT
#79

LSD doesn't cause brain damage.


i work at a mental hospital with patients who would disagree with your opinion.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
February 22 2012 17:41 GMT
#80
On February 23 2012 02:37 kindle139 wrote:
Show nested quote +

LSD doesn't cause brain damage.


i work at a mental hospital with patients who would disagree with your opinion.

And the doctors would agree with his opinion, along with the vast majority of studies on the effects of tryptamines on the brain. In fact, I'm worried for a mental hospital that employs people who use patient opinion as a means of truth bearing.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12325
Rain 916
Artosis 598
White-Ra 204
ToSsGirL 37
Dota 2
monkeys_forever515
NeuroSwarm152
League of Legends
Doublelift4506
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1372
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1832
Other Games
summit1g8059
Grubby2367
ArmadaUGS674
shahzam619
JimRising 488
Day[9].tv487
C9.Mang0299
ViBE151
Maynarde103
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream110
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta34
• musti20045 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1307
• Day9tv487
• Shiphtur273
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 8m
OSC
13h 8m
Stellar Fest
13h 8m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.