• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9098 users

[GSL] Group D for Doom - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Taug
Profile Joined March 2011
United States146 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 20:27:56
January 24 2012 20:26 GMT
#61
On January 25 2012 03:57 Eee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 13:15 TheDougler wrote:
On January 24 2012 13:11 JJH777 wrote:
Accusing Nestea of cheesing MVP when MVP did one of the most coin-flip builds in the entirety of SC2 in that same series.... Wow

Not quite sure where I did that... Please quote it and I may edit it out. I realized I acidently posted the not quite final version of this (accidentally saved it over my better version) so it could be related to that.

Edit, found it. Keeping it though. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the fact that Nestea cheesed, just as there's NOTHING wrong with MVP cheesing either. I'm just saying that MKP is pretty much zerg cheese proof.

Edit: Blast you beat me to it!


LOL at saying MKP is pretty much zerg cheese proof.
MKP is awful against zerg cheese, that's pretty much his achiles heel.
You should go watch MKP vs aTnDelphi (who's like a semi-tier european that isnt particularly good ) @ Homestory Cup 4





No one cares about HSC 4

This is epic!!! I don't think people understand how crazy these matches are gonna be! I'm rooting for MKP and Nestea. Drg's zvz is really good but come on, he admits asking Nestea for help.
The Golden Rule
worldsnap
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada222 Posts
January 24 2012 20:32 GMT
#62
Don't know why so many people think nestea won't make it out. did no one watch the last round against MVP? So he had arough couple months; so did mc, or even mvp a while back. this is nestea, 3 time gsl winner, king of preparation, ina group of notoriusly inconsistent players
FiNTer
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland153 Posts
January 24 2012 20:48 GMT
#63
On January 25 2012 03:57 Eee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 13:15 TheDougler wrote:
On January 24 2012 13:11 JJH777 wrote:
Accusing Nestea of cheesing MVP when MVP did one of the most coin-flip builds in the entirety of SC2 in that same series.... Wow

Not quite sure where I did that... Please quote it and I may edit it out. I realized I acidently posted the not quite final version of this (accidentally saved it over my better version) so it could be related to that.

Edit, found it. Keeping it though. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the fact that Nestea cheesed, just as there's NOTHING wrong with MVP cheesing either. I'm just saying that MKP is pretty much zerg cheese proof.

Edit: Blast you beat me to it!


LOL at saying MKP is pretty much zerg cheese proof.
MKP is awful against zerg cheese, that's pretty much his achiles heel.
You should go watch MKP vs aTnDelphi (who's like a semi-tier european that isnt particularly good ) @ Homestory Cup 4

Are u talking bout those games were marineking went fast third from 1 rax cc and saw roach ling all in coming and didnt give a shit and didnt even try to put bunker up :D
Slayers`terran fan
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 04:05:46
January 25 2012 04:05 GMT
#64
Alright, added a few of those facts and suggestions that people have mentioned into the OP.

I guess if I had to say who'll come out here I'd say

Nestea>DRG 2-1 Even though admittedly DRG actually has some beastly ZvZ
Genius>MKP 2-0
Genius>Nestea 2-1 If Genius can beat DRG in PvZ 2-0 then I think he can even beat Nestea... probably.
DRG>MKP 2-1
Nestea > DRG 2-1

Genius and Nestea advance...

GOD that's so hard to say tho. ANY of those matches could go either way and who knows if Genius is just all hype still. Man, I just don't know.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
January 25 2012 04:24 GMT
#65
Fun read, but could have been better
BSOD
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
January 25 2012 05:30 GMT
#66
On January 24 2012 20:56 SeaSwift wrote:
Genius won't make it out. I'm saying this purely because he's been so hyped by the community (like Keen/fOrGG) that he is doomed to fail.



You know what happens when people doubt Genius?
They get served!


[image loading]
moo...for DRG
ArchDC
Profile Joined May 2011
Malaysia1996 Posts
January 25 2012 05:37 GMT
#67
Fun read!
MaReK
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Australia446 Posts
January 25 2012 05:50 GMT
#68
Heart wants Nestea and Genius. Brain says MKP and DRG.
"My wife only has sex with me for a purpose. Last night it was to time an egg "
Forgottenfrog
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1268 Posts
January 25 2012 06:03 GMT
#69
On January 25 2012 14:30 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 20:56 SeaSwift wrote:
Genius won't make it out. I'm saying this purely because he's been so hyped by the community (like Keen/fOrGG) that he is doomed to fail.



You know what happens when people doubt Genius?
They get served!


[image loading]


omg just spit out my soda. you sir, owe me a new soda/keyboard/shirt.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
January 25 2012 14:45 GMT
#70
On January 25 2012 15:03 Forgottenfrog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 14:30 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On January 24 2012 20:56 SeaSwift wrote:
Genius won't make it out. I'm saying this purely because he's been so hyped by the community (like Keen/fOrGG) that he is doomed to fail.



You know what happens when people doubt Genius?
They get served!


[image loading]


omg just spit out my soda. you sir, owe me a new soda/keyboard/shirt.

rofl, well played sir!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 14:51:43
January 25 2012 14:51 GMT
#71
Despite the positive feedback I quickly skimmed the front page, seen a huge wall of text with random pictures and couldn't discern anything related to the title. I wasn't aware of the players in group D and quickly glancing this post has done little to remedy it. Instead of randomly tossing in pictures for comedy, why not add SOMEWHERE the details of group D. Their names, in big bolded text, their pictures, the maps, etc. Write-up was cool but organization and presentation was extremely sub par.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
January 25 2012 15:21 GMT
#72
On January 25 2012 23:51 Tyrant0 wrote:
Despite the positive feedback I quickly skimmed the front page, seen a huge wall of text with random pictures and couldn't discern anything related to the title. I wasn't aware of the players in group D and quickly glancing this post has done little to remedy it. Instead of randomly tossing in pictures for comedy, why not add SOMEWHERE the details of group D. Their names, in big bolded text, their pictures, the maps, etc. Write-up was cool but organization and presentation was extremely sub par.



I'll do that next time and will have the player sections bolded. However this isn't exactly meant to be one of those write ups. The TL staff is going to do a write up either way and that will be more what you're looking for. This "wall of text with random pictures" --thereby not being a wall of text by definition-- appeals to some, but it clearly isn't your thing, I suggest you don't read the next one.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
RageCommodore
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany912 Posts
January 25 2012 15:26 GMT
#73
On January 25 2012 15:03 Forgottenfrog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 14:30 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On January 24 2012 20:56 SeaSwift wrote:
Genius won't make it out. I'm saying this purely because he's been so hyped by the community (like Keen/fOrGG) that he is doomed to fail.



You know what happens when people doubt Genius?
They get served!


[image loading]


omg just spit out my soda. you sir, owe me a new soda/keyboard/shirt.


Bwahahahaha xD
DRG can't beat Genius. He needs the Bulgogi.
BW: sGs.sTaRfaLL SC2: MarojiN | fan of: Darkforce, DBS, Last, Mvp, BoguS/InnoVatioN | Executer vs Choosy on Gladiator - Never forget T-T
Darkthorn
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania912 Posts
January 25 2012 15:32 GMT
#74
On January 25 2012 13:05 TheDougler wrote:
Alright, added a few of those facts and suggestions that people have mentioned into the OP.

I guess if I had to say who'll come out here I'd say

Nestea>DRG 2-1 Even though admittedly DRG actually has some beastly ZvZ
Genius>MKP 2-0
Genius>Nestea 2-1 If Genius can beat DRG in PvZ 2-0 then I think he can even beat Nestea... probably.
DRG>MKP 2-1
Nestea > DRG 2-1

Genius and Nestea advance...

GOD that's so hard to say tho. ANY of those matches could go either way and who knows if Genius is just all hype still. Man, I just don't know.

You all forget one thing, NesTea is really good in the GSL because he has time to prepare specific builds tailored around the maps and the player...that's why at times he looks unstopable and although a great player, when there's a lot of matches in a couple of days he performs a bit or a lot worse than his normal GSL self. So I actually really expect him to win the group in first place.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
January 25 2012 15:41 GMT
#75
On January 26 2012 00:32 Darkthorn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 13:05 TheDougler wrote:
Alright, added a few of those facts and suggestions that people have mentioned into the OP.

I guess if I had to say who'll come out here I'd say

Nestea>DRG 2-1 Even though admittedly DRG actually has some beastly ZvZ
Genius>MKP 2-0
Genius>Nestea 2-1 If Genius can beat DRG in PvZ 2-0 then I think he can even beat Nestea... probably.
DRG>MKP 2-1
Nestea > DRG 2-1

Genius and Nestea advance...

GOD that's so hard to say tho. ANY of those matches could go either way and who knows if Genius is just all hype still. Man, I just don't know.

You all forget one thing, NesTea is really good in the GSL because he has time to prepare specific builds tailored around the maps and the player...that's why at times he looks unstopable and although a great player, when there's a lot of matches in a couple of days he performs a bit or a lot worse than his normal GSL self. So I actually really expect him to win the group in first place.

The thing is that now the loser chooses the map. You can't prepare for every map in advance with this new format
WriterMaru
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 18:12:42
January 25 2012 18:06 GMT
#76
Honestly I think that if DRG wants to get out of this group, he needs to take down Nestea.
Nestea's incredibly smart, but he's an old guy, I'm betting that his micro isn't as insane as DRG's.
The best idea would be to force a bling war with nestea, where he has room to mess up.
That or meta-game the shit out of him and nydus or something.
lol

Prediction

DRG<Nestea


Genius>MKP

Nestea<Genius

DRG>MKP

BUTTTT

DRG>Nestea

Second time's a charm!

Genius and DRG advances!

Bulgogi dinner ensues!


:D

Edit:
Wow that prediction was incredibly close to yours, Dougler
But ye have no faith in DRG
*glove slap
moo...for DRG
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
February 08 2012 19:30 GMT
#77
On January 26 2012 03:06 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Honestly I think that if DRG wants to get out of this group, he needs to take down Nestea.
Nestea's incredibly smart, but he's an old guy, I'm betting that his micro isn't as insane as DRG's.
The best idea would be to force a bling war with nestea, where he has room to mess up.
That or meta-game the shit out of him and nydus or something.
lol

Prediction

DRG<Nestea


Genius>MKP

Nestea<Genius

DRG>MKP

BUTTTT

DRG>Nestea

Second time's a charm!

Genius and DRG advances!

Bulgogi dinner ensues!


:D

Edit:
Wow that prediction was incredibly close to yours, Dougler
But ye have no faith in DRG
*glove slap


Oh Touche!

Well tonight's the night. Lets see how this turns out!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
February 09 2012 00:13 GMT
#78
Good writeup. You know I'm still angry for that GSL Open finals. My whole body was shacking as I realized that Nestea defended the proxy rax on close Metal (xD) successfully.
Something in me needs to see MKP stomp Nestea to be in peace.
obsKura
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland1061 Posts
February 09 2012 00:27 GMT
#79
MKP & DRG
C9 ~^v^~ In EE-sama we trust. ~^v^~ C9
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
February 09 2012 00:29 GMT
#80
On February 09 2012 09:13 MrCon wrote:
Good writeup. You know I'm still angry for that GSL Open finals. My whole body was shacking as I realized that Nestea defended the proxy rax on close Metal (xD) successfully.
Something in me needs to see MKP stomp Nestea to be in peace.

I know that feel bro. First nestea, and then, MVP.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox384
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5262
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 804
shahzam539
JimRising 418
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe212
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie763
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 16m
Online Event
11h 16m
FEL
16h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.