• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:04
CEST 19:04
KST 02:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10233 users

GSL 2012 S1 Code S Groups Announced - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
1008 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 51 Next
Sc2Null
Profile Joined April 2011
United States3754 Posts
December 30 2011 06:35 GMT
#181
On December 30 2011 15:30 thesums wrote:
B, C, F are hardest wow. Hope Grack can survive at least to stay in next season. Group A could be hard lol...hope Sen goes through XD. I expect him to get to round of 8.
Easiest groups will be group G, E and D definitely.

Here are my predictions 1st -> 4th
A:
(really hard to tell, I feel all of them are able to make it or fall back down)

B: Fin, Leenock, MC, Supernova

C: MVP, Idra, Nestea, Lucky
(I personally feel Nestea is really overrated, hyper by Tastosis too much, I have watched A LOT of gsl to make this call)

D: Bomber, Curious, Z, InCa
(I do not think Bomber is that good, but best in this easy group (relatively), Z is definitely not as good as people think he is, EG: gimmicky build vs Jakji so much tech plus expand to 3rd? el oh el)

E:
(This one is difficult....I feel MMA is the player that is only good when playing against strong opponents, he is a 'clutch-player' like Kobe with clutch gene and unlike Lebron choking in the 4th. I cannot predict this one either)

F: DRG, Sc, JYP, Genius
(I like Sc a lot, but he had the collapsed lung or I would put him first)

you claim to watch alot of GSL...but you think idra can beat nestea :/...the best ZvZ record in the world..and bo3..and idra lost 2-0 to nestea at blizzcon..your knowledge is suspect.

G: Happy
(Rest I cannot predict....I know those players and I do not think they are very good, MKP included....)

H: Puzzle, Nada, Keen, Parting
(Always a fan of Puzzle and Nada, I feel they will make it through)




nestea 2-0 idra at blizzcon and has the best ZvZ in the GSL....now if idra was terran..I'd give you some leeway but this is bo3 sooo..no..Idra can't even beat zenio
The great Spaghetti vs Screwdriver debacle of June '12" - Porcelina
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
December 30 2011 06:36 GMT
#182
C: MVP, Idra, Nestea, Lucky
(I personally feel Nestea is really overrated, hyper by Tastosis too much, I have watched A LOT of gsl to make this call)


Seriously? Tastosis does hype Nestea too much and he is slumping a bit lately. I think it is possible for Idra to beat Nestea but NO WAY is he the favorite over Nestea
Gotmog
Profile Joined October 2010
Serbia899 Posts
December 30 2011 06:36 GMT
#183
omg....poor idra :/
That sucks so much for him :/
Well, at least he doesn't have Protoss in there. Thats at least something.
"When you play the game of drones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground"
RQShatter
Profile Joined August 2010
United States459 Posts
December 30 2011 06:36 GMT
#184
On December 30 2011 15:34 Zlasher wrote:
Lol what a joke, how could they have set up a system where their only two players over 10k points are in the same group lol


this times 1 million.

They need an equation not complete randomness
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
December 30 2011 06:37 GMT
#185
ALL THE TEAMKILLS

oh my god.

that's just so scary
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
ChriS-X
Profile Joined June 2011
Malaysia1374 Posts
December 30 2011 06:37 GMT
#186
teamkills galore
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
December 30 2011 06:37 GMT
#187
Keen must have been praying to God every single day to get Nada again. As God was actually Nada, he granted Keen's sincere prayer for another group stage stomp.
FrodoAndTheSlobStix
Profile Joined September 2011
United States158 Posts
December 30 2011 06:38 GMT
#188
forgg slightly too much credit. Leenock might have the best zvt. U wana this kids win loss record recently?



Jackji-LOSS-4-2
naniwa-win4-1
drg-win4-1
mvp-win2-0
hukwin2-0
idrawin-20
mmawin2-1

>< I personally think he might have gotten cocky at gsl finals
You eat meat? Then your evil. Simple as that.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 06:39:17
December 30 2011 06:38 GMT
#189
On December 30 2011 15:34 S_SienZ wrote:
Did Leenock actually pick Fin? iirc jjakji and Leenock are the only 2 who gets to pick a Tier 4? Is he really that confident?

Why shouldn't he be? He has killer ZvT, and he's beaten MVP before, a player whose TvZ has always been top-notch and is probably the best in the world. (Only one who I'd put up against him is probably MMA.) I mean, hell, you overcome MVP, you can overcome anyone. ForGG is still largely unproven, and his TvZ is apparently one of his weaker match-ups. Why not?
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
December 30 2011 06:39 GMT
#190
oh good poor idra I really wanted to see him own it up in GSL, but I'm afraid with mvp and nestea in his group he's screwed.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Apack
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada159 Posts
December 30 2011 06:39 GMT
#191
Everyone of those groups looks like a group of death.
Hipsv
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
135 Posts
December 30 2011 06:39 GMT
#192
INB4 Leenock loses his group, goes to code A gets knocked out of GSL MC style.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
December 30 2011 06:39 GMT
#193
IdrA got the short end of the stick. At least Zenio has a good chance of getting out!
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
ravenKRaz
Profile Joined March 2011
United States580 Posts
December 30 2011 06:41 GMT
#194
Poor idra, gets the one of, if not THE hardest groups...
DarkneSS.1360
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
December 30 2011 06:41 GMT
#195
Groups B and C look sick. Go IdrA!
Kouda
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2205 Posts
December 30 2011 06:41 GMT
#196
On December 30 2011 15:35 Sc2Null wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 15:30 thesums wrote:
B, C, F are hardest wow. Hope Grack can survive at least to stay in next season. Group A could be hard lol...hope Sen goes through XD. I expect him to get to round of 8.
Easiest groups will be group G, E and D definitely.

Here are my predictions 1st -> 4th
A:
(really hard to tell, I feel all of them are able to make it or fall back down)

B: Fin, Leenock, MC, Supernova

C: MVP, Idra, Nestea, Lucky
(I personally feel Nestea is really overrated, hyper by Tastosis too much, I have watched A LOT of gsl to make this call)

D: Bomber, Curious, Z, InCa
(I do not think Bomber is that good, but best in this easy group (relatively), Z is definitely not as good as people think he is, EG: gimmicky build vs Jakji so much tech plus expand to 3rd? el oh el)

E:
(This one is difficult....I feel MMA is the player that is only good when playing against strong opponents, he is a 'clutch-player' like Kobe with clutch gene and unlike Lebron choking in the 4th. I cannot predict this one either)

F: DRG, Sc, JYP, Genius
(I like Sc a lot, but he had the collapsed lung or I would put him first)

you claim to watch alot of GSL...but you think idra can beat nestea :/...the best ZvZ record in the world..and bo3..and idra lost 2-0 to nestea at blizzcon..your knowledge is suspect.

G: Happy
(Rest I cannot predict....I know those players and I do not think they are very good, MKP included....)

H: Puzzle, Nada, Keen, Parting
(Always a fan of Puzzle and Nada, I feel they will make it through)




nestea 2-0 idra at blizzcon and has the best ZvZ in the GSL....now if idra was terran..I'd give you some leeway but this is bo3 sooo..no..Idra can't even beat zenio


Idra wasn't even at Blizzcon. He was at the ESWC occuring the same time.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
December 30 2011 06:42 GMT
#197
Lol what a joke, how could they have set up a system where their only two players over 10k points are in the same group lol


Actually, considering that 2 players get out of the group, this is not so bad. And if you asked MvP and Nestea which race they want to face. MVP would pick vT and then vZ and Nestea would pick vZ and then vP. So getting 2 zergs (Lucky/Idra) is actually pretty good for them.

I think group B is actually worse considering 2 players get through.

Bugz
Profile Joined December 2011
Denmark14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 10:48:34
December 30 2011 06:43 GMT
#198
My heart still goes for (T)BoxeR
ShootingStars
Profile Joined August 2010
1475 Posts
December 30 2011 06:43 GMT
#199
Idra... .-.
Lovedoll
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan540 Posts
December 30 2011 06:44 GMT
#200
Wow, GSL has gotten to the point that every group has players I'll be sad to see fall out of Code S. Each group is bursting with star power. The preliminaries haven't been done yet and Code A is looking stacked as well.

And on a much smaller note, did anyone else notice the Zerg and Terran colors are switched on the group charts? All the Zerg players are highlighted slightly in blue and the Terrans slightly in pink.
Spread your eggs until they crack!
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 51 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 496
UpATreeSC 86
Codebar 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35941
Calm 3837
Shuttle 1288
FanTaSy 959
actioN 281
EffOrt 273
firebathero 190
Rush 180
Hyuk 161
Dewaltoss 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 67
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 53
Free 30
Hyun 29
Aegong 25
Bale 25
soO 22
HiyA 20
PianO 17
Shine 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7330
Dendi978
XaKoH 341
Fuzer 28
League of Legends
KnowMe60
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1489
x6flipin1122
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes655
Other Games
singsing2534
FrodaN1097
Beastyqt757
mouzStarbuck301
B2W.Neo291
Livibee216
byalli213
C9.Mang0108
RotterdaM102
Trikslyr69
Mew2King63
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV466
Other Games
• Shiphtur802
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 11m
Replay Cast
5h 56m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.