• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:44
CEST 18:44
KST 01:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9345 users

Aphrodite joins StarTale - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
367 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Camdeon
Profile Joined November 2011
United States14 Posts
November 16 2011 22:48 GMT
#341
I hope some of these girls can get into the GSL eventually. I saw her final game in the Divina and although I can't comment on her skill, her reaction to winning was cute at the end of the game. She looked geniunly happy to have played and won which I respect. Best of luck to her.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
November 17 2011 01:59 GMT
#342
On November 15 2011 19:56 Tofugrinder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 18:53 wei2coolman wrote:
On November 15 2011 09:56 cydial wrote:
Good to see a female player that actually earns her spot on the team.

Also, she's actually attractive.

Uh......... I don't know about "earn". She played in a female only tournament.... Now perhaps she's actually on par with male players on that team, that I don't know. But from what I gather she got this position because she won a female only tournament, something that I don't really see as an "achievement". Perhaps if she had gotten into Code A, or something, then yeah I'd be like "yeah, that's a pretty legit move."

I just hope she actually plays in GSL, and does well. Otherwise women are just getting preferential treatment in team acceptance.

maybe you don't see it as an accomplishment, but thankfully Startale does. It's a huge achievement and without female only tournaments we will most likely always have men only tournaments. It's not a special treetment it's just fair.


Really? I have never heard of a men only tournament, maybe you'd care to enlighten me about a tournament with such a requirement.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
November 17 2011 02:27 GMT
#343
She is actually pretty good. Used to play some on Rainbows stream sometimes. Much better than me TT.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
November 17 2011 02:30 GMT
#344
She definitely has the talent to back up the looks, super excited to see some good matches out of her.
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
eohs
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States677 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 03:11:19
November 17 2011 03:11 GMT
#345
I am going to be honest, I think it was for eye candy she is picked up. HOWEVER I hope I am wrong I hope she owns and does her thing. But I do not like the fact teams are picking up girls for eye candy and not there skill also what about some of the semi-pro players that are not on a major team, what about them is she taking a spot away from them?

Like I said if she starts to compete and really represent ST then never mind what I said and I wish her GL. :D ( and yes I read she beat flo 2-0 however if that is the only result we see from her ... then I mean I think my eye candy theory still counts.)
WELCOME TO THE PARTY
Helicopter
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada39 Posts
November 17 2011 04:08 GMT
#346
what race does she play?

it would be pretty awesome to see her compete in the GSL, but lets be honest, its not gonna happen
courtpanda
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
866 Posts
November 17 2011 04:12 GMT
#347
On November 17 2011 12:11 SeizeTheDay wrote:
I am going to be honest, I think it was for eye candy she is picked up. HOWEVER I hope I am wrong I hope she owns and does her thing. But I do not like the fact teams are picking up girls for eye candy and not there skill also what about some of the semi-pro players that are not on a major team, what about them is she taking a spot away from them?

Like I said if she starts to compete and really represent ST then never mind what I said and I wish her GL. :D ( and yes I read she beat flo 2-0 however if that is the only result we see from her ... then I mean I think my eye candy theory still counts.)


shes korean masters and just won a tournament. eve was a lot more questionable than aphrodite.

and besides, why would the team captain use his girlfriend as eyecandy?
ZorBa.G
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia279 Posts
November 17 2011 04:16 GMT
#348
Shes HAWWWTTTTT! BOL aphrodite!
RastaMonsta
Profile Joined October 2011
304 Posts
November 17 2011 04:17 GMT
#349
Great, another girl joining a team not because she is good, but because she is a girl.

User was temp banned for this post.
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
November 17 2011 04:19 GMT
#350
On November 17 2011 13:17 RastaMonsta wrote:
Great, another girl joining a team not because she is good, but because she is a girl.


Great another idiot jumping to conclusions AND NOT READING ANYTHING

gtfo
rrwrwx
Profile Joined March 2011
United States247 Posts
November 17 2011 06:02 GMT
#351
On November 17 2011 13:17 RastaMonsta wrote:
Great, another girl joining a team not because she is good, but because she is a girl.

dude learn to fucking read
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
November 17 2011 18:59 GMT
#352
Damn she's gorgeous as well
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
November 17 2011 19:10 GMT
#353
On November 17 2011 13:17 RastaMonsta wrote:
Great, another girl joining a team not because she is good, but because she is a girl.

User was temp banned for this post.


You've just made the fatal mistake of not white-knighting.
darkscream
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2310 Posts
November 17 2011 19:16 GMT
#354
Cool cool, I should have watched those games. I probably won't, but maybe next time. It will be awesome to see women start breaking into the bigger tournaments as players rather than as stage-candy.
D4V3Z02
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany693 Posts
November 17 2011 19:27 GMT
#355
I like the pink keyboard lulz
http://www.twitch.tv/d4v3z02 all your base are belong to overlord
zmansman17
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2567 Posts
November 17 2011 19:32 GMT
#356
Awesome, best of luck to her!
♞ - His EKG is flattening get me a defib stat! Prepped and Ready! - ♞
Torticoli
Profile Joined June 2011
15 Posts
November 17 2011 20:12 GMT
#357
We need more female players. We just do. Looking forward to see her in action !

... Man, that came out wrong. Asian women have a tendency of messing with my mind : S
Fatze
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany1342 Posts
November 18 2011 00:14 GMT
#358
good news - good to have some females in sc2 - help to let it grow as a serious "sport"
Comfort from bottles, cheers from beers the guitars are our weapons and we know how to kill!
kochujang
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1226 Posts
November 18 2011 02:36 GMT
#359
On November 18 2011 04:10 Lennon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 13:17 RastaMonsta wrote:
Great, another girl joining a team not because she is good, but because she is a girl.

User was temp banned for this post.


You've just made the fatal mistake of not white-knighting.

He made the same mistake as you are doing now. Learn to read the OP.
Hertzy
Profile Joined September 2011
Finland355 Posts
November 18 2011 11:37 GMT
#360
Am I missing something here, or is Aphrodite not eligible for team recruitment anyway, ovaries or no ovaries?

Anyway, congrats to her.
My dotabuff: http://dotabuff.com/players/94774350
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 113
BRAT_OK 56
mouzHeroMarine 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3857
Bisu 1698
Soulkey 1349
EffOrt 995
Mini 626
Larva 399
ZerO 331
Horang2 294
actioN 222
ggaemo 164
[ Show more ]
hero 83
Mind 83
Dewaltoss 78
Shinee 70
Sharp 70
sorry 58
Sea.KH 58
Snow 48
Barracks 43
Hyun 41
Bale 31
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 18
Terrorterran 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5788
Dendi1173
XaKoH 376
420jenkins337
League of Legends
Reynor68
Counter-Strike
fl0m3275
Fnx 658
pashabiceps636
x6flipin610
edward35
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes407
Liquid`Hasu1
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1517
hiko846
FrodaN524
XBOCT212
Livibee172
TKL 104
QueenE103
C9.Mang066
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)23
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV653
League of Legends
• Nemesis3980
• TFBlade778
Other Games
• Shiphtur422
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 16m
Patches Events
23h 16m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.