• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:27
CEST 15:27
KST 22:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10356 users

IPL's Message to the Community - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
512 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
khaosis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada96 Posts
November 07 2011 22:15 GMT
#41
Was really looking forward to Tastosis. However, good damage control by IPL, it really blows that something outside your control can become disproportionally big.
Alea Iacta Est
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
November 07 2011 22:15 GMT
#42
Thanks for the apology, I just remember seeing ad after ad haha.
Dbla08
Profile Joined March 2011
United States211 Posts
November 07 2011 22:15 GMT
#43
as much as it is huge for something like that to fail, IPL is awesome, you guys will live through this pretty easily imo. lots of respect for being straight up about it and apologizing, admitting the mistakes made and what you plan to do to prevent them in the future. gl hf, and gg's. keep doin what you do best
ProLagger
Profile Joined June 2011
Philippines30 Posts
November 07 2011 22:16 GMT
#44
Honestly speaking, The organizer of PPSL wasn't prepared for this. I mean, his plans were not solid, and IPL having no contact with PPSL, I mean, man. I feel guilty myself because I live in this country, actually I was there on the event itself, it was horrible, first game on booth was supposed to be Naniwa vs Sen, and waited for 5-6 hours. It was epic though tbh. I think we are not ready yet for big events such as Pacific Qualifiers. Need some preparations. I think in the future it will be alright though (If there will be a next time). We got great sponsors though that's for sure. It's just the event itself. Also about YoonYJ's flight. It was cancelled man, just terrible.
If life gets you down, QQ.
RusHXceL
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1004 Posts
November 07 2011 22:16 GMT
#45
IPL made the Elly cired boo!
Mr. Nefarious
Profile Joined December 2010
United States515 Posts
November 07 2011 22:16 GMT
#46
Wow IGN really stepping it up and showing they care. Really, really solid PR. After IPL3 kicked total ass and now this, I might have to buy another membership/pass/whatever they call it.
저그 화이팅
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
November 07 2011 22:17 GMT
#47
Wow not even Blizzard is this nice to us.

I don't think an apology was even completely necessary I mean totally not directly your fault anyway. Still, awesome form with taking responsibility and keeping the community close.
rabidbot
Profile Joined October 2011
United States48 Posts
November 07 2011 22:17 GMT
#48
You are the kind of people that is going to make this scene great. Thanks for owning up to what was wrong, and trying to correct as much as possible

/a fan
Still the best game for spectators.
Grr Arr Rawr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States108 Posts
November 07 2011 22:17 GMT
#49
And this is how you turn a PR disaster into good PR. Here's looking forward to IPL4.
You can't rhyme against the dark side of the Force, why even bother? So many dudes been with your mom, who even KNOWS if I'm your father!
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
November 07 2011 22:18 GMT
#50
So are you going to investigate what happened with YoonYJ further? I mean as it stands if they never lacked for funding to send players it would seem the event organizer clearly lied and used that money to send his own player instead.

Sickness is currently leading his group, can he qualify for IPL 4 even though he was wrongly given a qualified players spot by the admin? I mean it's hardly his fault but it's all really messed up now
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
November 07 2011 22:18 GMT
#51
If PPSL or whatever decides to keep the tournament running, will Tastosis still cast? The level of players is there, the best casters are there so production isn't really that big of a concern for me personally.
Notam
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia93 Posts
November 07 2011 22:18 GMT
#52
Next IPL Pacific Qualifiers should be run by Dox.
Xpace
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2209 Posts
November 07 2011 22:19 GMT
#53
All the positive feedback from this thread just proves that people would rather see organizers admit their faults and speak up, rather than doing shit like:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 07 2011 14:07 IGNProLeague wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 14:04 Arrietty wrote:
On November 07 2011 13:59 IGNProLeague wrote:
On November 07 2011 13:52 Arrietty wrote:
On November 07 2011 13:24 habbey wrote:
On November 07 2011 13:19 Arrietty wrote:
This is ridiculous. It's more than 2 hours late now. I went in line for a VIP pass but was told they don't sell them for today anymore and they were only by reservation. I asked if I could still get a reservation for a VIP pass for tomorrow, and the person at the ticket counter said she didn't know. Huh?? +_+ Then I asked if I could get a regular pass anyway (a non-VIP one), and she said they're still not giving them away at the time. WTF, that was already at 11:40am... 1 hour and 40 minutes after the event was supposed to start, and they're still not letting people in? I don't know what the hell is happening here anymore. I was excited to see all the players at first, but now I'm just pissed.

Now I'm just chilling out in a net cafe nearby cause I came here alone and I don't know what to do anymore while waiting. =/


i think your complaints would have more impact elsewhere (not sure where). i'd be upset if i were you too.


Well, I did post my concerns on the organizer's facebook page. They deleted it.

I feel like by this time they don't even care anymore.


Where did you post your feedback that got deleted? I am sorry this happened, this should never happen and I will talk to whoever runs the page.


I posted in the PhilippinePROstarcraftleague's facebook page. It's okay, I didn't post in the IPL page, since I figured you guys weren't organizing this directly. It's just pretty frustrating to not know what's going on or how I can even get tickets (even after I asked at the ticket counter!) and seeing that even some of the organizers on location don't know what's happening.


Thanks very much for your feedback, I understand your frustrations. I will make sure that their highest levels of management receives your feedback.

Sorry for your troubles!

And it's ridiculous how IGN was the one updating the community when they weren't even on the ground:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 07 2011 12:28 IGNProLeague wrote:
Most recent word from the venue: They are working with their ISP, Globe Intercom, to restore full service to the location and will be back when it is restored.

^ That was actually the only update we saw for over 9 hours of disaster.
Littlemuff
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom301 Posts
November 07 2011 22:20 GMT
#54
Shame this had to happen, but glad it was delt with properly. IPL stepping up like real men!
dooraven
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2820 Posts
November 07 2011 22:21 GMT
#55
On November 08 2011 07:18 Notam wrote:
Next IPL Pacific Qualifiers should be run by Dox.


Yes please, the Australian qualifiers were reasonably well done.
Go go Alliance.
ESPRITsc
Profile Joined April 2011
200 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 22:22:35
November 07 2011 22:21 GMT
#56
It's a really sad thing to happen to IPL and the player(s?) who got screwed. IPL is such a great organization but they were dragged by AZKwitchdoc into this horribly run tournament. Going from the best production value (IGN) to the worst production as of yet (PPSL lol) is a really horrible thing to see.

Come on now. Please don't tarnish IPL's image. They've worked so hard to be one of the best SC2 esports organization around. Thanks IGN for the response!
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
November 07 2011 22:22 GMT
#57
On Nov 7 2011 22:10 Spaceneil8 wrote:
It looks like IPL is throwing the PPSL under the bus. I would have liked to see a response that helps the scene there instead of just removing the IPL name from it.


What would you like them to do? Maybe give some suggestions? They seem very receptive to community feedback if you're still upset.

<3 IPL
OGS:levelchange
Xpace
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2209 Posts
November 07 2011 22:23 GMT
#58
On November 08 2011 07:16 ProLagger wrote:
Honestly speaking, The organizer of PPSL wasn't prepared for this. I mean, his plans were not solid, and IPL having no contact with PPSL, I mean, man. I feel guilty myself because I live in this country, actually I was there on the event itself, it was horrible, first game on booth was supposed to be Naniwa vs Sen, and waited for 5-6 hours. It was epic though tbh. I think we are not ready yet for big events such as Pacific Qualifiers. Need some preparations. I think in the future it will be alright though (If there will be a next time). We got great sponsors though that's for sure. It's just the event itself. Also about YoonYJ's flight. It was cancelled man, just terrible.


It wasn't cancelled. There was no flight to begin with. Dox ran a tournament in AUS on behalf of PPSL, where the top two would join. Targa couldn't make it, so they should have brought in YoonYJ as promised. Except they didn't even buy his ticket or plan to bring him in the first place. They underhandedly gave his spot to a new member of their team, AZKSickness, who they just picked up very recently.
markz4
Profile Joined March 2011
180 Posts
November 07 2011 22:24 GMT
#59
like it never happened
TeamBanished
Profile Joined September 2011
United States301 Posts
November 07 2011 22:24 GMT
#60
Even though we will miss a lot of content, it's great that IPL is taking responsibility with fixing these issues.
For Aiur
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 352
SteadfastSC165
ComeBackTV 164
Rex108
CosmosSc2 39
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 165
ProTech140
Rex 108
CosmosSc2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52474
firebathero 1211
Jaedong 1113
Hyuk 970
Soma 486
EffOrt 467
Horang2 447
Soulkey 419
Mini 400
BeSt 336
[ Show more ]
actioN 299
Last 297
Stork 283
Zeus 270
Larva 268
Light 257
ggaemo 209
Rush 204
Snow 167
910 156
ZerO 119
Killer 88
Pusan 75
Mind 65
Shine 53
hero 49
Creator 41
Free 38
Yoon 36
Sharp 35
Shinee 33
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 22
JYJ 20
Noble 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
sorry 15
Terrorterran 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9866
Dendi855
Counter-Strike
markeloff116
edward38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1731
crisheroes1576
Other Games
gofns40768
singsing2085
olofmeister1315
B2W.Neo843
hiko486
byalli324
XBOCT288
Pyrionflax245
DeMusliM223
Liquid`VortiX97
ArmadaUGS92
Mew2King91
QueenE40
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 2039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• StrangeGG 38
• EnkiAlexander 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1583
• Nemesis765
• TFBlade192
Other Games
• WagamamaTV194
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 34m
OSC
23h 34m
Stellar Fest
23h 34m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.