• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:14
CEST 00:14
KST 07:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7412 users

Do you macro like a pro? - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 63 Next
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
September 16 2011 17:30 GMT
#161
Dude...excellent post. Thank you for all the work.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
MuseMike
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1339 Posts
September 16 2011 17:30 GMT
#162
You are a god, thank you.
Sennap
Profile Joined December 2010
Iceland88 Posts
September 16 2011 17:30 GMT
#163
Awesome thread! Thank you very much! I wonder how often the player with the higher SQ wins the game
BluemoonSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
SoCal8933 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 17:34:38
September 16 2011 17:30 GMT
#164
i find it very interesting that low-level players tend to over-make workers in the beginning of the game. i would imagine that throughout the game they were UNDER-making them.

i definitely find this post interesting and i believe that the correlation betweeen not spending your money and your league placement is there (as if i didn't believe most of the pros that say this anyway when giving their lessons )

EDIT: i hate to be a math-nazi, but thats not a histogram
LiquidDota Staff@BluemoonGG_
xai_death
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands65 Posts
September 16 2011 17:31 GMT
#165
Lol, my average SQ seems to be around 45 and I'm in platinum, guess I now know what to focus on ^^. I'll try to write a little tool to mass-analyze replays for average SQ, maybe a SC2Gears plugin if their API allows it. I'll pm you if I have one.
Be sure to check out my stream!
foobahz
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
China68 Posts
September 16 2011 17:33 GMT
#166
Need clarification on how to get I and U if it's not from averages on the scoreboard please..
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 17:33:51
September 16 2011 17:33 GMT
#167
I am a scientist and I approve of this post.

I've long wanted to do something like this, but without a reasonable interface for acquiring large amounts of data it appears quite onerous to do what you've done. Best case would be for Blizzard to provide some kind of API for match/player records on the server, or just dump giant spreadsheets for the community after every season. These things are taken seriously in every other sport, but its just hard to have the right numbers to crunch with SC2.

Hopefully your post will show the value of looking at the game this way, and we'll get more interest in stats and availability of data.
Xaeldaren
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland588 Posts
September 16 2011 17:34 GMT
#168
I'd love to calculate my SQ but I'm completely illiterate when it comes to Excel...I'm even using the 2000 version. Could anyone give me a hand and tell me how to go about it?
Carras
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina860 Posts
September 16 2011 17:35 GMT
#169
you should apload an excel or sth so we can track our own games =)
also..you should analize different matchups too ! instead of only refering to a race
dLKnighT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada735 Posts
September 16 2011 17:37 GMT
#170
Best article, well done.
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
September 16 2011 17:37 GMT
#171
A really fantastic post! I really hope your calculation will become integrated in Sc2gears so that you can check out your SQ without having to calculate manually.
Horuku
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States405 Posts
September 16 2011 17:38 GMT
#172
There are so many unreliable variables in this analysis that I am having a hard time accepting this as hard fact and more of speculation. Still, it seems like a good generalist analysis. Also, would have been interested in how you derived the SQ formula. I'm sure there are more variables you could include in your differential equation construction to improve the accuracy of all this analysis.

Try not to use so many "Interestingly"s to start off your sentences next time!
d<^^>b
MetalLobster
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada532 Posts
September 16 2011 17:40 GMT
#173
Excellent post, possibly the best one I have read so far. I hope big leagues look at this and possibly use it as measure of macro skill.
TheLight
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia410 Posts
September 16 2011 17:41 GMT
#174
On September 17 2011 02:34 Xaeldaren wrote:
I'd love to calculate my SQ but I'm completely illiterate when it comes to Excel...I'm even using the 2000 version. Could anyone give me a hand and tell me how to go about it?


Here's a Excel 2000 template: http://www.mediafire.com/?h1cd1f2kdj16p6f

Just put in your numbers and it'll do the rest for you.
A marine walks into a bar and asks: Where's the counter?
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
September 16 2011 17:41 GMT
#175
This is so awesome! :D Way to put in this much work. I hope you didnt have anything better to do xD
Thanks for the write up tho, great to see a way that the different leagues are ranked out on average.

How long did it take to compile all this data?
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
ReturnStroke
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States801 Posts
September 16 2011 17:41 GMT
#176
What a great study, great job. I never thought you would get results this conclusive. Thanks a lot for your hard work!
TiTanIum_
Profile Joined August 2011
Brazil1335 Posts
September 16 2011 17:41 GMT
#177
This is just amazing. Great post, and gratz for the 500 posts.

I just need to play 10 games as Terran again to see how I fare. I have been playing as zerg for the past week or so, and my practice is just to make drones and lose (yesterday I was in 6 base against a Terran in 2, with 140 drones and 17000 mineral banked )
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
September 16 2011 17:41 GMT
#178
Wow. Awesome stuff!

On September 17 2011 01:52 Ihsahn wrote:
Is there any way this index could be integrated into sc2gears? I think that could help a lot!

Seriously, this is a good idea.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 17:42:40
September 16 2011 17:42 GMT
#179
On September 17 2011 02:41 TheLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 02:34 Xaeldaren wrote:
I'd love to calculate my SQ but I'm completely illiterate when it comes to Excel...I'm even using the 2000 version. Could anyone give me a hand and tell me how to go about it?


Here's a Excel 2000 template: http://www.mediafire.com/?h1cd1f2kdj16p6f

Just put in your numbers and it'll do the rest for you.


nevermin d.
oxxo
Profile Joined February 2010
988 Posts
September 16 2011 17:43 GMT
#180
AUR isn't a good measure.

Low leagues aren't going to max out because of their lack of income.
High leagues are going to max out and generate a bank.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 122
JuggernautJason63
ViBE51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 588
Artosis 155
firebathero 78
Zeus 68
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever475
League of Legends
JimRising 441
Counter-Strike
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS98
PPMD47
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5642
Liquid`Hasu1592
Other Games
summit1g7150
shahzam529
byalli406
C9.Mang0163
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 46m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 46m
Stellar Fest
14h 46m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.