• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:31
CEST 03:31
KST 10:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8513 users

Free MLG Silver Membership pass - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 35 Next All
Sorter
Profile Joined July 2011
170 Posts
August 26 2011 05:51 GMT
#101
On August 26 2011 14:46 julianto wrote:
Meh, I don't mind the ads. I don't have fast internet, so I wouldn't benefit from the HQ stream anyways. So I decided not to take advantage of the promotion.
I am wondering, though, are they doing this because they predict the storm to seriously downgrade the event tomorrow, and they want to alleviate the negative responses?

I don't think the promotion has anything to do with Irene. I am guessing they just want people to taste their HQ streams and get hooked from there.
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
August 26 2011 05:51 GMT
#102
On August 26 2011 14:51 Sorter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 14:46 julianto wrote:
Meh, I don't mind the ads. I don't have fast internet, so I wouldn't benefit from the HQ stream anyways. So I decided not to take advantage of the promotion.
I am wondering, though, are they doing this because they predict the storm to seriously downgrade the event tomorrow, and they want to alleviate the negative responses?

I don't think the promotion has anything to do with Irene. I am guessing they just want people to taste their HQ streams and get hooked from there.


mlg has done this in the past if im not wrong, its just that no one made a thread about the offer so naturally no one knew about it as MLG site says nothing about such offers.
zYwi3c
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland1811 Posts
August 26 2011 05:54 GMT
#103
And i am a proud Gold Member of MLG !
I'm getting the derection.
Nexic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States729 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 05:56:22
August 26 2011 05:56 GMT
#104
On August 26 2011 14:50 epik640x wrote:
I bought a box of 17 hot pockets from Costco after seeing a thread about this deal.

Proceed to blank about the deal and end up throwing away the box.

Oh well. Next week, buy another 17-pack box of Hot Pockets from Costco.

Bring box to computer, realize you need a specially marked box. Dammit.

That's 34 hot pockets I'm going to have to eat and I haven't had any for probably a decade.

Saw the free silver thing on reddit though so at least I do save $10 for the stream.
Whatever you do, don't eat 34 hot pockets. That's my advice.
2par
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway129 Posts
August 26 2011 06:01 GMT
#105
Thanks for this.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
August 26 2011 06:11 GMT
#106
Thanks, this seems to have worked out nicely.

Looking forward to the HQ stream, as well as checking out some VODs.
you gotta dance
Peleus
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia420 Posts
August 26 2011 06:13 GMT
#107
Worked, thanks heaps for this.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 26 2011 06:22 GMT
#108
On August 26 2011 12:55 Hall0wed wrote:
This should not be abused if it is abusable. Support MLG and esports or die.

This isn't abuse. Hot pockets is getting direct confirmation that people are paying attention to them because they are sponsoring MLG. That's generally the goal of sponsoring something in the first place.
phos4
Profile Joined October 2009
Germany226 Posts
August 26 2011 06:26 GMT
#109
i tried 2 different mail adresses, waited for 30+ minutes and only got one empty mail from hotpockets each. this sucks...
cheesemaster
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1975 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 06:30:53
August 26 2011 06:28 GMT
#110
On August 26 2011 15:22 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 12:55 Hall0wed wrote:
This should not be abused if it is abusable. Support MLG and esports or die.

This isn't abuse. Hot pockets is getting direct confirmation that people are paying attention to them because they are sponsoring MLG. That's generally the goal of sponsoring something in the first place.

It can be abused though, you can use different email addresses to get multiple codes and then use all those codes on the same MLG account to get however many months free you want.

So someone could use 5 different email accounts and get 5 months free.

Edit: I am not condoning this and i did not do this, i already had a silver membership that i bought during columbus and i used the promotion to get an extra month free on top of that (wich i am very happy with ) Also if your not from the united states and you say you are, your abusing it already (oops ><_)

Thanks hotpockets and MLG!
Slayers_MMA The terran who beats terrans
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
August 26 2011 06:36 GMT
#111
Wtf I didn't get shit. Said "sorry, you didn't win anything."
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 06:42:54
August 26 2011 06:41 GMT
#112
true.
twitch.tv/medrea
Pwnographics
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand1097 Posts
August 26 2011 06:42 GMT
#113
I don't get the email.
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
August 26 2011 06:44 GMT
#114
On August 26 2011 15:36 FabledIntegral wrote:
Wtf I didn't get shit. Said "sorry, you didn't win anything."

You'll still get the MLG pass through email after that.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
August 26 2011 06:45 GMT
#115
This thread and this promotion are making me hungry as hell. I guess the campaign is working, and I'm happy for MLG and Hotpockets. I can't wait to actually buy gold.
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
legatus legionis
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands559 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 07:06:47
August 26 2011 06:50 GMT
#116
After you use the microwave you get 2-3 emails. One of them is exclusively for the MLG Membership code. It can take a few minutes but they should all arrive together.
I've tried and given a code to a friend as well as set up a whole new account that I can "loan" to my friends. Some of them do watch some MLG. Personally I got the gold membership. But I would say I'm an avid follower.

Also on the new show MLG FAQ, in episode 1 Sundance touches on the subject of the amount of memberships desired. He says something along the lines of "europeans, I don't care if you set up a fake account, but if you used it and you liked what you see, you enjoy the product, please consider supporting and buying a membership"
Which I think is pretty fair. I cannot force my friends to purchase this, but if they get the virtual blizzcon ticket for 30-40 bucks, I can see them get an MLG one once a while.

The promotion has been running for a while now. It's a great move because it helps to spread the product. It's not possible to abuse it, I would say try to service as many people as you can. But only this once, hope they come back themselves because they enjoyed it so much.

Edit: addition, because people have been talking about purchasing foods. It has become a long running tradition that I buy at least one of the sponsored foods per day of MLG. We don't have hotpockets so I changed those with steamed bread but Doritos and DrPepper. I don't eat a lot crips or drink soda often so it makes it more "special" and really fun. Also gonna get a Monster for while I ladder. ( ^__^)/ESPORTS
QuackPocketDuck
Profile Joined January 2011
410 Posts
August 26 2011 07:06 GMT
#117
Thank you MLG
I bought a pack of cigarettes for $20, What have you done for your country today?
GertHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States631 Posts
August 26 2011 07:14 GMT
#118
At first I was thinking that people are going to cheat the system and just get their thing and not support the sponsor so I was thinking of not doing it myself. Well, after reading the thread seems others are buying the hotpockets too, I haven't had some in a while and am going grocery shopping tomorrow anyway, guess it's time to get some =D
He who conquers the past rules the future, He who conquers the future rules the past. - C&C Red Alert
taldarimAltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
973 Posts
August 26 2011 07:18 GMT
#119
I got 3 months worth of silver pass lol, after that it said invalid and i didn't try anymore, thanks hotpockets!
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
August 26 2011 07:19 GMT
#120
After 3 months worth:

"The code you entered is invalid. Please check the code you entered, or contact MLG support."

Damn.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft479
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft479
RuFF_SC2 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1071
White-Ra 152
NaDa 58
Hyuk 55
Noble 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox608
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor741
Other Games
summit1g7055
Coldzera 865
C9.Mang0307
ViBE61
Mew2King55
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21526
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 29m
Online Event
9h 29m
FEL
14h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.