• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:04
CEST 04:04
KST 11:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9208 users

Sheth not returning to Korea from NASL - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44 45 Next All
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
July 11 2011 07:27 GMT
#61
You don't need to apologize to anyone Sheth, it's your decision man. GL at Anaheim!
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
July 11 2011 07:28 GMT
#62
Aw too bad he didn't like Korea. I was looking forward to seeing him play more in the GSTL.
OddisH
Profile Joined June 2011
20 Posts
July 11 2011 07:29 GMT
#63
its sad that the code a spot was given to sheth instead of someone else like qxc...maybe next time they will give it to someone who's heart is in it
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
July 11 2011 07:30 GMT
#64
I like Shawn here, in the US better. He's our big cuddly bear and we're never gonna give him up.
tgun
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
434 Posts
July 11 2011 07:30 GMT
#65
On July 11 2011 16:20 DannyJ wrote:
Im pretty sure I wouldnt like that "team house" atmosphere either. Sounds like college but no booze or pizza.

GL sheth!


There's plenty of pizza.
densha
Profile Joined December 2010
United States797 Posts
July 11 2011 07:30 GMT
#66
There's no way to blame Sheth if the whole experience isn't for him. I think a lot of us idolize the korean pro house experience beyond what it actually is.

Having said that, I think the saddest part of this is that Sheth had the potential for becoming great. He is a top NA player, of course, but as we've seen in tournament after tournament, being a top NA player is meaningless when measured against the rest of the world. I will mourn the fact that now Sheth may not reach his true potential, but I wish him luck for the future.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
July 11 2011 07:30 GMT
#67
Sheth.

Oh well. Keep working hard!
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
July 11 2011 07:30 GMT
#68
On July 11 2011 16:30 tgun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2011 16:20 DannyJ wrote:
Im pretty sure I wouldnt like that "team house" atmosphere either. Sounds like college but no booze or pizza.

GL sheth!


There's plenty of pizza.


Hahahaha <3 tgun.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 07:34:14
July 11 2011 07:32 GMT
#69
On July 11 2011 16:25 Zandar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2011 16:21 mdb wrote:
Of course its hard to stay with 10 guys in one room the whole day, it was hard for Flash, it was hard for Jaedong, it was hard for Nada, it was hard for Idra, It is hard for Huk and Jinro, but thats the price to pay if you want to be a champion. No love for the quitters.


Bullshit. I can 100% understand him, some people just need their privacy more than others.


It's not about what you need, is about what it takes and what you must do to get it. It's silly to assume other progamers don't need privacy, relaxed atmosphere, social life and family just as much.

Yeah that post (that you replied to) had a dickish tone to it, but it's not bullshit, and it's not wrong.

Nothing wrong with Sheth's decision btw. If you can't take it, you can't take it, and there's no shame in that and no need to hate him for it.
Destiny
Profile Joined May 2009
United States280 Posts
July 11 2011 07:33 GMT
#70
Sheth not honoring team contract to play in GSTL?

Y U DESTROYING E-SPORTS, BRO?
To achieve perfection is to sacrifice growth.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
July 11 2011 07:34 GMT
#71
On July 11 2011 16:00 CameronJ wrote:
Well, I can't say I blame him.

I wouldn't like to be too far away from home for too long either, especially considering the two cultures are incredibly different. Whatever Sheth decides to do, I'll support him.

Gogo sheth <3

While Sheth can make his own decisions, I really hope this is not his argument, since it's horrible. Being away for too long might be hard, but 2 weeks? It's nothing. 5 years, sure, that might be hard in the end. But a few months is just a vacation.
R4iD
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada142 Posts
July 11 2011 07:34 GMT
#72
sheth fighting!!!
your either pro or your noob, and thats life
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 07:35:37
July 11 2011 07:35 GMT
#73
To each their own ...

But let me just say, the first two years I lived in Vancouver I fucking hated it. It takes a while before you can 'own' a place.

Then again, I wasn't sleeping in a bunk bed surrounded by ten smelly dudes.
No_Roo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States905 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 07:35:45
July 11 2011 07:35 GMT
#74
On July 11 2011 16:09 Sheth wrote:
Hey there TL. I wanted to be the first one to explain this, but I guess Josh beat me to it.

Last time for Code A I didn't explain everything to the community and problems occurred, so this time I will! (Mostly =D )

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in KR in the GOM foreigner house playing in both Code A and GSTL. I have had a great time with GSL and all of the wonderful people in Kor. Besides my team I've had the experience to be able to hang out with Tastlesss, Artosis and Torch. There are others of course, but hanging out with those three was a great time.

However there were things I was unaware of going into Korea. Several things that have kept me from staying for another Code A at this time and from even going back after NASL. First off I was hoping to have been able to learn Korean better, I bought Rosetta stone even, however in the GOM house there are no CD drives. Thus I couldn't do that and thus I was unable to go do things I had planned on. (I could have read a book on it, or went out of my way in my free time to do this, I just bring this up as something that was disapointing.)

Secondly I was expecting to stay here for a month (through all of GSTL) and then go home. However it turned out that there were no flights available from the team for me go go back after GSTL. I don't know how this happened (something to do with buying flights in bulk), but either way I wouldn't have been able to go home after GSTL to see my family for a week before MLG. This was something I had greatly looked forward to while in Korea. Having to stay away for another 2 weeks or so might not seem a big deal, and it wouldn't be for a lot of people however it was for me. I miss my family and friends quite a lot.

Thirdly just quite brutally honestly I'm not fit for staying with 10 other guys in a small area constantly for a month mixed in with random 12 hours flights back to America for things such as NASL and then MLG. Its just not something I enjoy at all and I would have put up with it were I able to at least visit home to recharge after GSTL.

I realize if anyone is to blame here its me, for not being able to stay in the team house like I had said I would for a whole month. I'm very very sad to have left my team in Korea to finish GSTL without me. This is a dick move. I get it. However try and put yourself in my shoes, that's the only defense I can offer. I will miss my team and the training quite a bit. I can go into plenty of excuses, but the main point is I'm leaving the GOM foreigner house to go home where I can have some privacy, stream more and be all around more relaxed. Those who saw me at NASL can tell I was stressed and tired, hopefully being at home for a while will fix that.

I will miss you in Korea team and if in the future I can find a way to live on my own in Korea and go to "work" at the GOM house for the day I'm sure I will try my best to do this. However for now I'm heading home to prepare for MLG in my own way. Hopefully you at TL the reader can respect this and if not I understand. I still have much love for FXO and ofc TL. <3 Sheth




I'm very glad we had the opportunity to see you in the GSL
See you at MLG!

(US) NoRoo.fighting
SxYSpAz
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1451 Posts
July 11 2011 07:35 GMT
#75
I really think that he could have been a foreigner favorite in korea and shown some amazing things... but his life is revolving around my entertainment (sadly xD) so i wish the best for him wherever he goes.

<3 Sheth Fighting!
fellcrow
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States288 Posts
July 11 2011 07:35 GMT
#76
The hard work required to be on top isn't for everyone. Takes a certain person to be able to put in the work and effort and time to do what the pro gamers do. Oh well, good luck to Sheth in the future.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
July 11 2011 07:35 GMT
#77
Understandable. Its a huge difference and isn't for everyone. Dude won a code A game just from his normal training so I think Sheth will be fine. He needs to work on his nervousness and if he isn't comfortable in Korea, that won't help it. He will still tear it up. Go Sheth!
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
July 11 2011 07:37 GMT
#78
Sheth the ultimate manner bear!
"En taro adun, Executor."
Slago
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada726 Posts
July 11 2011 07:37 GMT
#79
On July 11 2011 16:19 IceSlipper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2011 15:48 mark05 wrote:
nooooo sheth you were my favorite player

were?
so not anymore because of this?
doesn't seem like you are the type of fan someone would want anyway, although i hope its just poor wording on your part!

OT: perfectly understandable sheth! keep fighting manner zerg!


I think he means, he was his favourite GSTL player, and now he's no more
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of... ah forget it
HEROwithNOlegacy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States850 Posts
July 11 2011 07:37 GMT
#80
One of FXO's top guns, sad to see he won't be in korea with FXO. Yet another disappointment for foreign fans, it's too bad it didn't workout best of luck to him.
SlayerS Fighting!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 246
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm247
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9777
JimRising 753
ViBE141
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS67
Trikslyr39
WinterStarcraft13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1388
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 56m
INu's Battles
9h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 56m
Replay Cast
20h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.