• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:29
CEST 21:29
KST 04:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9070 users

Sheth not returning to Korea from NASL - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 43 44 45 Next All
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
July 11 2011 07:06 GMT
#41
Very sad to see this, I hoped that seeing how the Koreans dominated in the NASL finals would've motivated him to train his ass off in Korea and step up his game even more. Well, so much for my Fantasy GSTL.
zende
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden234 Posts
July 11 2011 07:07 GMT
#42
Can we have a statement from Sheth soon? =[[[
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
July 11 2011 07:09 GMT
#43
Hey there TL. I wanted to be the first one to explain this, but I guess Josh beat me to it.

Last time for Code A I didn't explain everything to the community and problems occurred, so this time I will! (Mostly =D )

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in KR in the GOM foreigner house playing in both Code A and GSTL. I have had a great time with GSL and all of the wonderful people in Kor. Besides my team I've had the experience to be able to hang out with Tastlesss, Artosis and Torch. There are others of course, but hanging out with those three was a great time.

However there were things I was unaware of going into Korea. Several things that have kept me from staying for another Code A at this time and from even going back after NASL. First off I was hoping to have been able to learn Korean better, I bought Rosetta stone even, however in the GOM house there are no CD drives. Thus I couldn't do that and thus I was unable to go do things I had planned on. (I could have read a book on it, or went out of my way in my free time to do this, I just bring this up as something that was disapointing.)

Secondly I was expecting to stay here for a month (through all of GSTL) and then go home. However it turned out that there were no flights available from the team for me go go back after GSTL. I don't know how this happened (something to do with buying flights in bulk), but either way I wouldn't have been able to go home after GSTL to see my family for a week before MLG. This was something I had greatly looked forward to while in Korea. Having to stay away for another 2 weeks or so might not seem a big deal, and it wouldn't be for a lot of people however it was for me. I miss my family and friends quite a lot.

Thirdly just quite brutally honestly I'm not fit for staying with 10 other guys in a small area constantly for a month mixed in with random 12 hours flights back to America for things such as NASL and then MLG. Its just not something I enjoy at all and I would have put up with it were I able to at least visit home to recharge after GSTL.

I realize if anyone is to blame here its me, for not being able to stay in the team house like I had said I would for a whole month. I'm very very sad to have left my team in Korea to finish GSTL without me. This is a dick move. I get it. However try and put yourself in my shoes, that's the only defense I can offer. I will miss my team and the training quite a bit. I can go into plenty of excuses, but the main point is I'm leaving the GOM foreigner house to go home where I can have some privacy, stream more and be all around more relaxed. Those who saw me at NASL can tell I was stressed and tired, hopefully being at home for a while will fix that.

I will miss you in Korea team and if in the future I can find a way to live on my own in Korea and go to "work" at the GOM house for the day I'm sure I will try my best to do this. However for now I'm heading home to prepare for MLG in my own way. Hopefully you at TL the reader can respect this and if not I understand. I still have much love for FXO and ofc TL. <3 Sheth


Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
July 11 2011 07:13 GMT
#44
Understandable reasons. Go crush some American/European tourneys for us now
Such flammable little insects!
ianlr
Profile Joined November 2010
United States38 Posts
July 11 2011 07:13 GMT
#45
I don't think there is anything wrong with your decision. It sounds like staying might have even made you play worse in upcoming tournaments.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 07:21:11
July 11 2011 07:18 GMT
#46
Yeah man that's rough, good on you for even going down there and trying in the first place.

Goodluck in all your endeavors Sheth!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
July 11 2011 07:18 GMT
#47
It's hard to live in a 'small' teamhouse with so much people training for 10-12? hours per day.
I can imagine it's very stressful and you barely have any privacy.
I wouldn't be able to do it too.

Sheth Fighting!
Ren91
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom190 Posts
July 11 2011 07:19 GMT
#48
damn shame, allways looked forward to your games, GL IN MLG!
Veni Vidi Vici
IceSlipper
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Australia1028 Posts
July 11 2011 07:19 GMT
#49
On July 11 2011 15:48 mark05 wrote:
nooooo sheth you were my favorite player

were?
so not anymore because of this?
doesn't seem like you are the type of fan someone would want anyway, although i hope its just poor wording on your part!

OT: perfectly understandable sheth! keep fighting manner zerg!
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
July 11 2011 07:20 GMT
#50
I hope you understand that alone you can only get to a certain level of skill and to get further you need to be a part of a practise house and train without any diversions.
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
July 11 2011 07:20 GMT
#51
Im pretty sure I wouldnt like that "team house" atmosphere either. Sounds like college but no booze or pizza.

GL sheth!
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
July 11 2011 07:21 GMT
#52
Of course its hard to stay with 10 guys in one room the whole day, it was hard for Flash, it was hard for Jaedong, it was hard for Nada, it was hard for Idra, It is hard for Huk and Jinro, but thats the price to pay if you want to be a champion. No love for the quitters.
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
July 11 2011 07:23 GMT
#53
dannng.... sheth fighting, wherever you are!
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
RmoteCntrld
Profile Joined June 2010
United States596 Posts
July 11 2011 07:23 GMT
#54
If he can't handle Korea I wonder if he'll go to the team house in Malaysia like he said he was going to. Oh well sad news
RaLakedaimon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1564 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 07:25:05
July 11 2011 07:24 GMT
#55
Nice and genuine post from Sheth. I don't blame him at all and being able to just say that he needs to be around family and friends kinda rings true what I've always thought about him from watching his stream. GL to you Sheth and I hope this doesn't hurt his standings with his team (feel like it will regardless but blah :/ ) and you are an excellent player and seem like a cool down to earth dude!
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 07:25:18
July 11 2011 07:24 GMT
#56
Actions like these usually lead to a player (Sheth) leaving the team and joining a team based in America who can send them to events or other types of things. I forsee sheth leaveing and joining a new team, I would look towards It's Gosu or EG to pick up Sheth. Even though EG has zerg's I would think Sheth would do great in a Team House with Idra and Machine, and I guess LzGamer but he has recently switched to zerg and I do not know if he is going to the Team house.



GL to Sheth and FXO for whatever happens.
if you can believe you can concieve
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
July 11 2011 07:25 GMT
#57
On July 11 2011 16:21 mdb wrote:
Of course its hard to stay with 10 guys in one room the whole day, it was hard for Flash, it was hard for Jaedong, it was hard for Nada, it was hard for Idra, It is hard for Huk and Jinro, but thats the price to pay if you want to be a champion. No love for the quitters.


Bullshit. I can 100% understand him, some people just need their privacy more than others.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
theBOOCH
Profile Joined November 2010
United States832 Posts
July 11 2011 07:25 GMT
#58
:/ Really sad to hear this. It would be really rough to live with so little privacy and autonomy, but it's only for such a little while.
Also, wanting to see family is noble and all, but sometimes making sacrifices like that is the right thing to do. I feel like this is a big let down for more than a few people, not least the other FXO guys. FXO's chances for at least making a good showing in GSTL are significantly worse now.
If all you're offering is Dos Equis, I will stay thirsty thank you very much.
ElusoryX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Singapore2047 Posts
July 11 2011 07:25 GMT
#59
the korean teams won't have to prepare for him anymore but FXO fighting, win a match at least!
xd
Gator
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States3432 Posts
July 11 2011 07:26 GMT
#60
nobody can be upset with you sheth <3 <3 guess you just have to go back to tearing up NA
TSM
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 43 44 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason58
BRAT_OK 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22127
Mini 381
Dewaltoss 148
Hyuk 147
firebathero 115
ggaemo 89
ZZZero.O 55
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7686
febbydoto20
League of Legends
Doublelift889
Counter-Strike
fl0m1035
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4201
Khaldor1445
crisheroes964
Liquid`Hasu791
Other Games
FrodaN2317
summit1g2061
Beastyqt922
mouzStarbuck355
KnowMe306
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King56
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1103
BasetradeTV155
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 106
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 23
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8075
• WagamamaTV442
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur266
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 31m
INu's Battles
16h 31m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 31m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.