• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:35
CEST 07:35
KST 14:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9562 users

Trickster joins StarTale - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
167 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
June 30 2011 00:02 GMT
#81
I hope the new environment makes him better at the game. His NASL qualifier performance wasn't that exciting. I don't think there has been official confirmation, but it would be good for Trickster. Didn't think ST needed another Protoss but hey, why not
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
sjperera
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada349 Posts
June 30 2011 00:04 GMT
#82
On June 29 2011 02:06 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 01:58 Ghoststrikes wrote:
On June 29 2011 01:56 Encrypto wrote:
On June 29 2011 01:53 IceSlipper wrote:
trickster is kinda stale.. id rather see them pick up a young up and coming player than this, if its true tbh..

+ Show Spoiler +
made it out of his (3 player) group in code s, so who knows.. but yeah




+ Show Spoiler +
well, making it out of that group really ended up being luck tbh. He got a freebie vs. rain that July didn't have the chance to have.


+ Show Spoiler +
but July had 2 shots to qualify for RO16, while trickster only had 1 shot, which he took and succeeded. I don't understand why people think it's unfair for July. Fanboyism, it seems


+ Show Spoiler +
Trickster actually also had 2, he lost the first game to July.


Well he only had one... As soon as July won Game 1... July only needed 1 win to go through... he had a chance against Nestea, didn't win... second chance against Tester... same thing... while Tricksters* performances have fallen according to his haydays in the beta... his PvZ has remained pretty decent...
Stormbringer!!!
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
June 30 2011 00:08 GMT
#83
Cool, I would love to see Trickster and hopefully FD on ST.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
MonkSEA
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia1227 Posts
June 30 2011 00:12 GMT
#84
Can I ask why Trickster is 'stale'?

Isn't he one of the most diverse players? Able to cheese, macro and all-in you within a moments notice, I think that's his market. His good at all things, instead of just being a god at one thing. Dunno'

Someone explain please?
http://www.youtube.com/user/sirmonkeh Zerg Live Casts and Commentary!
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 00:17:15
June 30 2011 00:14 GMT
#85
On June 30 2011 09:12 MonkSEA wrote:
Can I ask why Trickster is 'stale'?

Isn't he one of the most diverse players? Able to cheese, macro and all-in you within a moments notice, I think that's his market. His good at all things, instead of just being a god at one thing. Dunno'

Someone explain please?


I disagree with the term stale. In Beta the guy was a beast but it seems as though he is playing a lot less or something. He was so unpredictable in beta it was fun to watch!
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
doihy
Profile Joined August 2010
668 Posts
June 30 2011 00:17 GMT
#86
On June 30 2011 09:00 sjperera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 01:56 Encrypto wrote:
On June 29 2011 01:53 IceSlipper wrote:
trickster is kinda stale.. id rather see them pick up a young up and coming player than this, if its true tbh..

+ Show Spoiler +
made it out of his (3 player) group in code s, so who knows.. but yeah




+ Show Spoiler +
well, making it out of that group really ended up being luck tbh. He got a freebie vs. rain that July didn't have the chance to have.



Well, Trickster would have most probably beaten Rain... sooo if you analyze the probability... he would have still gotten out of that group... your 1st game is not as important as your 2nd and 3rd... in the current system


you can't say that trickster would have beaten rain, he lost to the bestfou in the super tourney in the first round -.-
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
June 30 2011 00:28 GMT
#87
If this is true, I'm partially sad. As a fan of his forever now I was wishing he would get on a foreign team. However I believe he will do just fine with ST. Hopefully whatever issues there was with TSL won't be a problem for him anymore.
Zombie_Velociraptor
Profile Joined May 2011
274 Posts
June 30 2011 00:30 GMT
#88
On June 30 2011 09:12 MonkSEA wrote:
Can I ask why Trickster is 'stale'?

Isn't he one of the most diverse players? Able to cheese, macro and all-in you within a moments notice, I think that's his market. His good at all things, instead of just being a god at one thing. Dunno'

Someone explain please?


Because he's one of these guys who are in Code S for ages, yet never really have had any results. He produces some decent games, he also has his share of terrible blunders, and he's never really looked like a potential champ.

For most people (myself included), when you look at people like MKP or Losira or sC or Top or whatever, you can see the potential, and it's obvious that despite their lack of big titles, they are always contenders for one. When I look at Trickster or Fruitdealer, I can't help but wonder why are they in Code S while someone like Hero or Leenock is in Code A.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Trickster nor FD or anything like that, I just think that due to how GSL works, simply staying in Code S for a while isn't much of an achievement, and frankly, he hasn't done much more than loiter around the fringes of Code S.
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
June 30 2011 00:32 GMT
#89
On June 30 2011 09:30 Zombie_Velociraptor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2011 09:12 MonkSEA wrote:
Can I ask why Trickster is 'stale'?

Isn't he one of the most diverse players? Able to cheese, macro and all-in you within a moments notice, I think that's his market. His good at all things, instead of just being a god at one thing. Dunno'

Someone explain please?


Because he's one of these guys who are in Code S for ages, yet never really have had any results. He produces some decent games, he also has his share of terrible blunders, and he's never really looked like a potential champ.

For most people (myself included), when you look at people like MKP or Losira or sC or Top or whatever, you can see the potential, and it's obvious that despite their lack of big titles, they are always contenders for one. When I look at Trickster or Fruitdealer, I can't help but wonder why are they in Code S while someone like Hero or Leenock is in Code A.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Trickster nor FD or anything like that, I just think that due to how GSL works, simply staying in Code S for a while isn't much of an achievement, and frankly, he hasn't done much more than loiter around the fringes of Code S.

poor MKP
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
MonkSEA
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia1227 Posts
June 30 2011 01:04 GMT
#90
On June 30 2011 09:30 Zombie_Velociraptor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2011 09:12 MonkSEA wrote:
Can I ask why Trickster is 'stale'?

Isn't he one of the most diverse players? Able to cheese, macro and all-in you within a moments notice, I think that's his market. His good at all things, instead of just being a god at one thing. Dunno'

Someone explain please?


Because he's one of these guys who are in Code S for ages, yet never really have had any results. He produces some decent games, he also has his share of terrible blunders, and he's never really looked like a potential champ.

For most people (myself included), when you look at people like MKP or Losira or sC or Top or whatever, you can see the potential, and it's obvious that despite their lack of big titles, they are always contenders for one. When I look at Trickster or Fruitdealer, I can't help but wonder why are they in Code S while someone like Hero or Leenock is in Code A.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Trickster nor FD or anything like that, I just think that due to how GSL works, simply staying in Code S for a while isn't much of an achievement, and frankly, he hasn't done much more than loiter around the fringes of Code S.


Staying in code S isn't much of an achievement? I don't know about you, but if I could play on code S levels of play, and stay in code s for multiple seasons I would feel really good. I think it's a hell of an achievement.

So stale means he has no potential basically? I see a lot in him really, and I hope he goes far just to prove it too.

It's no easy task to even get into code a, and you say it's no achievement to stay in code s for multiple seasons. I really think you're underestimating the Korean scene. I guess everyone in Code S that isn't NesTea, MC or MVP are really just lingerers in Code S and should be replaced because it's not an achievement to stay in code s without that high of results. kk.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sirmonkeh Zerg Live Casts and Commentary!
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
June 30 2011 01:09 GMT
#91
People leaving is quite simple I think. The team was over-rated for a long time, and since GSL 4 they've been pretty much washed up. The team continually fails to produce results, very easy for me to understand why players would be leaving it. StarTale actually produces solid results, consistently.
i-bonjwa
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
June 30 2011 01:12 GMT
#92
On June 29 2011 02:13 Wren wrote:
This is mostly unrelated, but he was wearing a shirt that looked a lot like IM's gear in his Code S match.

Could have simply been out of his regular wardrobe, but it had that same giant wing logo.


That's actually the shirt GOM makes you wear if you're not associated with a team.

I think it's done or otherwise you may be wearing some shirt that conflicts with their sponsors. Only a pro team are allowed to bare their sponsors.
Someone call down the Thunder?
trancey
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States430 Posts
June 30 2011 05:27 GMT
#93
congrats trickster
Wren
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States745 Posts
June 30 2011 06:11 GMT
#94
On June 30 2011 10:12 RaiKageRyu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 02:13 Wren wrote:
This is mostly unrelated, but he was wearing a shirt that looked a lot like IM's gear in his Code S match.

Could have simply been out of his regular wardrobe, but it had that same giant wing logo.


That's actually the shirt GOM makes you wear if you're not associated with a team.

I think it's done or otherwise you may be wearing some shirt that conflicts with their sponsors. Only a pro team are allowed to bare their sponsors.

That's really interesting. Makes sense then that shinystar had the same one on.
We're here! We're queer! We don't want any more bears!
Zinthar
Profile Joined March 2011
United States394 Posts
June 30 2011 07:35 GMT
#95
On June 30 2011 10:12 RaiKageRyu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 02:13 Wren wrote:
This is mostly unrelated, but he was wearing a shirt that looked a lot like IM's gear in his Code S match.

Could have simply been out of his regular wardrobe, but it had that same giant wing logo.


That's actually the shirt GOM makes you wear if you're not associated with a team.

I think it's done or otherwise you may be wearing some shirt that conflicts with their sponsors. Only a pro team are allowed to bare their sponsors.


Pretty clearly he just quit TSL in order to get the free shirt.
pookadin
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia422 Posts
June 30 2011 09:10 GMT
#96
I'm glad if this is true Would love an update as to is accuracy.

Sure hope FruitDealer finds a team soon I heard he was going to the army though No confirmation on that..just hearsay
*JYP* #1 fan! ♥♥ twitter~ @Pookadin
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
June 30 2011 11:17 GMT
#97
So confirmed that he has joined ST??

Seems we havent actually had any clarification other then signing up as ST.Trickster

Be great if him and Fruitdealer both joing ST.
Live and Let Die!
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
June 30 2011 11:28 GMT
#98
Wasn't there just a post about Tester and FruitDealer joining Complexity based on some information?

Seriously, just wait for an official announcement, it's too hard to tell what's serious and what's not.
The_Dark
Profile Joined October 2010
South Africa222 Posts
June 30 2011 11:29 GMT
#99
On June 29 2011 01:53 IceSlipper wrote:
trickster is kinda stale.. id rather see them pick up a young up and coming player than this, if its true tbh..

+ Show Spoiler +
made it out of his (3 player) group in code s, so who knows.. but yeah



DongRaeGu
Vonthin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2864 Posts
June 30 2011 11:34 GMT
#100
On June 30 2011 20:28 Ruscour wrote:
Wasn't there just a post about Tester and FruitDealer joining Complexity based on some information?

Seriously, just wait for an official announcement, it's too hard to tell what's serious and what's not.



Rumors were confirmed for being false I think
Best Trashcan NA - LoL Summoner. SKT / CLG / Liquid
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 297
Mind 64
Bale 29
Icarus 10
ZergMaN 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm215
League of Legends
JimRising 771
Other Games
summit1g7486
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft636
C9.Mang0304
Sick141
febbydoto12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2125
League of Legends
• Rush1159
Other Games
• Shiphtur590
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.