• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:54
CEST 08:54
KST 15:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6361 users

[GSTL] A Foreigner's Experience and Guide - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Jaeng
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada110 Posts
June 07 2011 13:28 GMT
#21
awsome write up man, looks like you had an amazing trip.
SplashbackFerret
Profile Joined October 2009
New Zealand846 Posts
June 07 2011 13:51 GMT
#22
On June 07 2011 09:41 darksage78 wrote:
[image loading]
My cheerful for the first visit to GSL




I most definately saw this cheerful being captured on stream.

Just thought i'd share that.
Splashy the Splashback Awareness Ferret
darksage78
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada243 Posts
June 07 2011 23:06 GMT
#23
To answer a few questions, no I was there for only a week and a bit so my travel schedule was packed - I did not go to any Korean concerts. I heard the lineups for Music Core stuff like that can take hours. As mentioned, I unfortunately missed out on the T-ara concert at the finals by just a few days. I did go to a SPAO department store and saw some nice cut outs of SNSD though XD

As the audience faces the stage, the only way I could have gotten a picture of the female audience in attendance was if I walked out front of the first row and got taken out by the staff. But just take my word for it, near 50:50 guy to girl ratio when the audience was full. Starcraft in Korea still has a very balanced fan base.

The great part of GSTL was that in the pre-finals, 4 teams would play each day so all the big names were there. I could have gotten even more pictures if I really wanted. There were simply too many pros and not enough time, I had to prioritize haha

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, I'm about to pick out a DSLR and once I get good at it I'll be able to produce better pictures in any future reports. I know I will probably be headed to Hong Kong at some point either towards Christmas break or my Reading Week, depends if I can squeeze in another Seoul side trip.
@KakitDesign on Twitter | Graphic Artist for : z33k.com / Collegiate Starleague / FXOpen
Yami_no_cosmos
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden59 Posts
June 08 2011 18:40 GMT
#24
This thread makes me all fuzzy and warm on the inside! Beautiful images of everything and I feel so jealous .<3

A+++
" Best at what I do, but what I do isn't pretty"
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
June 08 2011 18:43 GMT
#25
this is an amazing thread

I appreciate all the time you put into this I'm a huge GSL fan and Iove to see this.
pr0bez
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States50 Posts
June 08 2011 18:47 GMT
#26
Great insight and pictures. A lot of people were probably wondering what the whole experience is like and if it's worth it. I think you cleared a lot of things up! 5/5!!
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
June 08 2011 18:49 GMT
#27
I am so jealous! This must have been awesome. Hopefully I can make the journey sometime when I am done paying for school.
gg wp
EchoZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan5041 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-08 19:06:02
June 08 2011 18:59 GMT
#28
Yay, going to SK in about two weeks, cant wait!
Dear Sixsmith...
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
June 08 2011 19:03 GMT
#29
OMG YOU GOT TO BE WITH LIM YO HWAN LUCKY!!!


Omg so cool, I wish I was there and hug Boxer and ask him "what race should I play?" xD
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
serge
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Russian Federation142 Posts
June 08 2011 19:05 GMT
#30
Sweet, sweet article man! You've seriously made me want to go to korea to watch GSTL now.
I am Malkovich.
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
June 08 2011 19:10 GMT
#31
Great write up and Amazing photos.
I am envious of the people who get the opportunity to do these kinds of things
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
June 08 2011 19:35 GMT
#32
I'm so jealous >< Nice read !

The game finished and MarineKing just utterly stopped playing, buried his face in his hands letting DongRaeGu pillage his base. A teammate went into his booth to get him out. Despite Prime losing, as they left a studio a trio of girls sniped them with a gift of Ferro Rocher chocolates.
hahaha, this guy just induce cuteness. With Maka+Polt+MKP, you have enough cuteness for 10 lives.
TDN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States133 Posts
June 08 2011 21:39 GMT
#33
Great writeup. I read every single word.

Hope it'll be my turn to travel soon.
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
June 08 2011 21:44 GMT
#34
Wow! Sick! Im jelly Im totally going to korea next year! Great stuff man
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
Qaatar
Profile Joined January 2011
1409 Posts
June 08 2011 21:45 GMT
#35
Holy shit, this is one of the most well-constructed posts I've seen on TL. Awesome!
CroDeadman
Profile Joined March 2010
Croatia76 Posts
June 08 2011 21:49 GMT
#36
On June 07 2011 13:30 Bobbias wrote:
It's write ups like this that make me want to drop everything, spend every last dime, and head over the SK for one of these.


+1
Official bitch of Artanis[Xp]
EndOfTime88
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria259 Posts
June 09 2011 01:21 GMT
#37
Nice write up, and cool pics (lots of makeup in these O_O).
"Time is what we want most,but what we use worst."-William Penn
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
June 09 2011 03:30 GMT
#38
the sign didn't used to be that big ^^ great though
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
(Spiff)
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada82 Posts
June 09 2011 03:48 GMT
#39
Holy mol, Amazing writeup man! Makes me want to go and watch GSTL myself
+ boxer and nada!! :O i dont think words can describe how amazed I am at what all goes on over there during the shows.
Congratz!
Now, everyone in my house watches GSL. GO eSports :D
Cryogenic
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada75 Posts
June 09 2011 04:22 GMT
#40
No, I can't believe you had this great experience and yes, I read the whole text. This is fantastic and I feel like I need to go to Korean to watch some GSL or some GSTL.

Thank you!
"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." - Nora Roberts .:| Scarlett |:.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyun 62
NotJumperer 57
sorry 49
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto205
League of Legends
JimRising 569
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King123
Other Games
summit1g7972
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft403
ceh9383
C9.Mang0301
NeuroSwarm102
Sick96
ViBE23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo1034
• Stunt390
• Jankos187
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 6m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.