• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:39
CEST 10:39
KST 17:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12005 users

Hack on Starcraft II - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
kasumimi
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Greece460 Posts
March 10 2011 16:52 GMT
#21
People in here bashing the OP for assumptions either didn't read the entire original post, didn't look at the screenshot or simply don't know what a hack is capable of.
The OP is not saying "OMG MAPHACK HE SCOUTED MY CHEESE". This is clearly some sort of abuse.

Unfortunately we can't do anything about this, the OP has to report him and all the other 32 people he abused.
hoby2000
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States918 Posts
March 10 2011 16:53 GMT
#22
Anyone who only has 1 loss in SC2 as random in master's league, is either hacking, or just really fucking good at the game. Maybe he's the next Boxer? or maybe he's the next Neo?
A lesson without pain is meaningless for nothing can be gained without giving something in return.
Everize
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland176 Posts
March 10 2011 16:53 GMT
#23
Maybe because there is no way to provide a link, except get on google or sc2ranks and start searching >_< if you were so fanatic about it, you could have done the same just by looking at his name in screenshot. And yes I will report him, but I got a loss in-game and it does not say I even played a match vs him.
You're going supernova, all of our thoughts become just one. I fly million miles only to crash into the sun.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
March 10 2011 16:57 GMT
#24
On March 11 2011 01:53 Everize wrote:
Maybe because there is no way to provide a link, except get on google or sc2ranks and start searching >_< if you were so fanatic about it, you could have done the same just by looking at his name in screenshot. And yes I will report him, but I got a loss in-game and it does not say I even played a match vs him.


I did search for him on sc2ranks, actually. Nothing came up using the Profile Finder. I'm assuming you were able to find him using his identifier, which I did not have access to.

On a side note, there needs to be an official Blizzard database for matches. I know there is one, but you can only access it by clicking someone's profile on the forums. To my knowledge there's no way to search for a player.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Everize
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland176 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 16:59:44
March 10 2011 16:59 GMT
#25
Okay, now how would I be able to use his identifier? When I can't even check that I played him in game, and I did same thing but you did, I went on sc2ranks and I used search function by putting his full name ^.^ And yeah I agree, there should be that option.
You're going supernova, all of our thoughts become just one. I fly million miles only to crash into the sun.
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
March 10 2011 17:01 GMT
#26
Oh Blizzard, really? No rate limiting on a client to client message that interrupts gameplay, wastes CPU and memory and fills the screen? I hate to be hating on Blizzard this but bugs like this are very amateurish at this level of game design.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
junemermaid
Profile Joined September 2006
United States981 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 17:04:56
March 10 2011 17:03 GMT
#27
You should probably host the picture on imageshack or photobucket.
the UMP says YER OUT
Eknoid4
Profile Joined October 2010
United States902 Posts
March 10 2011 17:03 GMT
#28
yeah no one is telling you YOU HAVE NO FACTS YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT LIAR. just show some evidence in the first post :p
If you're mad that someone else is brazenly trumpeting their beliefs with ignorance, perhaps you should be mad that you are doing it too.
OPman
Profile Joined December 2010
United States131 Posts
March 10 2011 17:05 GMT
#29
If he's won all of his games like this I'm extremely surprised his account hasn't been banned already. Sucked for whoever plays him I guess :r
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
BadWolf0
Profile Joined September 2010
United States300 Posts
March 10 2011 17:08 GMT
#30
R1CH drops in with the knowledge... I'm a complete beginner in actual design (been coding for a long time by myself and ust started a formal degree at a good uni) but isn't this a really really easy abuse to control? Like as you said a very simple rate limiter?
All hail the Queen!!!
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
March 10 2011 17:12 GMT
#31
Is it simply a text spammer? Jesus you think they would have fixed that after BW where people could run spam scripts. It barely even counts as a hack.
aloT
Profile Joined April 2010
England1042 Posts
March 10 2011 17:17 GMT
#32
you can link his bnet profile http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2688364/1/PiLLaGe/ to blizz lacking his identifier its the same thing to them. if you really get in contact with this guy personally and question him i suppose a convulated way to find his ID is to find him via his division, im sure at least one of them must have their profiles out there
vl_86
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada12 Posts
March 10 2011 17:19 GMT
#33
I can vouch that it was a drop hack it happened to me yesterday too!

The game started then lagged to the point of barely even being able to highlight a unit to move. Then after about two minutes of that the drop menu popped up and i dropped

I was able to check his record history after the game and it was something along the lines of 23-0
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
March 10 2011 17:23 GMT
#34
A bit OT but I really liked your latest replay pack Everize. Learned alot from your PvT and PvZ. Please keep making replay packs!
scatmango2
Profile Joined November 2010
United States408 Posts
March 10 2011 17:23 GMT
#35
This sort of hack is famous/common on WC3: TFT. It's nearly impossible to find a game without being drop hacked in this sort of fashion..
Virtue
Profile Joined July 2010
United States318 Posts
March 10 2011 17:26 GMT
#36
He also hasn't lost any points for his one loss. Not sure if that is normal or if he dropped himself on accident.
Everize
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland176 Posts
March 10 2011 17:28 GMT
#37
@Papaz
I will be streaming games lately, so tune in, and yeah new replay pack is coming.

I did lose 16 pts
You're going supernova, all of our thoughts become just one. I fly million miles only to crash into the sun.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
March 10 2011 17:29 GMT
#38
On March 11 2011 02:26 Virtue wrote:
He also hasn't lost any points for his one loss. Not sure if that is normal or if he dropped himself on accident.

Pretty normal when your record is really good and MMR is way higher than pts.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
WeiSe
Profile Joined June 2004
United States7 Posts
March 10 2011 17:30 GMT
#39
I ran into him yesterday. Same story. I reported him right after. Every 1v1 game he had was around 30 seconds long in his match history. I let him know he's been reported and he played the innocent "bnet keeps dropping me" role. Anyways, please report him OP.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
March 10 2011 17:30 GMT
#40
On March 11 2011 02:01 R1CH wrote:
Oh Blizzard, really? No rate limiting on a client to client message that interrupts gameplay, wastes CPU and memory and fills the screen? I hate to be hating on Blizzard this but bugs like this are very amateurish at this level of game design.


The message itself doesn't actually interrupt gameplay, unless you mean it's similar to a DOS attack?
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 871
Hyuk 532
soO 429
Mini 191
ZerO 121
Killer 59
Shinee 50
Mind 41
Mong 28
Bale 27
[ Show more ]
PianO 24
ZergMaN 13
HiyA 12
Terrorterran 11
yabsab 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 796
XcaliburYe335
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli523
Other Games
olofmeister827
ceh9633
Happy339
crisheroes188
Livibee180
Mew2King63
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick584
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH384
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2278
League of Legends
• Jankos1365
• Rush1205
• Stunt411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 22m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.