• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:50
CEST 11:50
KST 18:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7838 users

Banshee Fanart desktop bg’s <3 - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Perfect Assassin
Profile Joined August 2009
Mexico56 Posts
October 27 2010 05:45 GMT
#161
I don't think the definition of fanart is tied with any "moral" problems someone may have. Heck, the author's intention is explicitly stated, so unless you are some blizzard sc art employee you are nobody to judge "this isn't sc fan art".

Thumbs up to the author.
With fire justice is served
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
October 27 2010 05:46 GMT
#162
Cool, I like the colours. Using it.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
October 27 2010 05:52 GMT
#163
i'd love to see you do more =D maybe a cute little probe and baneling!
ayababa
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia347 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 06:07:56
October 27 2010 06:06 GMT
#164
On October 27 2010 10:03 CheekyDuck wrote:
thanxs Loophole, i forgot about that line.
Lol =D in space everyone can hear me scream!


@ayababa
The hair was done with photoshop, with wacom yes.
if you want to have a closer look at the hair file construction heres the link:
http://www.thecheekyduck.com/sc/hair.psd

I do draw in B&W then colour on top using levels, cb etc.
base
then strands,
then strands,
then glows,
multi,
etc.

its a very long, long process. but i think it looks nice at end result, no easy way to do hair sorry =)
but i hope that helps.

@can't see the banshee plane? i just did the windows. =P
[image loading]


ahh thanks for that. i figured it just took forever to do with layers and photoshop etc haha. my hair isnt any way near as detailed but i usually spend a few hours on it. but then again i only draw and paint manga / anime style or conceptual stuff. not really realistic.

thanks for answering btw ^_^

edit: its my background now at work

Well done is better than well said - Benjamin Franklin
Kamille
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Monaco1035 Posts
October 27 2010 06:15 GMT
#165
Thank you for the new one without text!
Priphea
joonp
Profile Joined October 2010
United States105 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 06:50:03
October 27 2010 06:46 GMT
#166
On October 27 2010 08:44 Loophole wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2010 06:53 Teivospylol wrote:
Jpoon or w/e has a point on the whole "relatedness to SC". While everything else he said was stupid you should take his criticism on that point better in order to make your work significant. Honestly its probably worth more to you than all these other people going "omG its aMaZiNg"

Obviously the picture is supposed to be focusing on the pilot, so I doubt you want the banshee to actually be more apparent (although imo it should be), but I would definately not be able to make the connection between "banshee pilot" and this picture unless someone actually pointed it out. Like the hair, the suit colour, and the generic background doesn't really scream anything "banshee". You could have added something like dominion decals to her suit and it would be clearer (also it would take the plainness out of the suit imo), thats just one example I quickly came up with.

Personally I think it would be pretty awesome if the background was like CHAR and BC's are exploding above.. but then you got this banshee pilot all like "w/e idc". Call it "ghost-riding" with clear emphasis on the pun. Thats prolly not in your artistic vision though

tlDR The picture in itself is pretty good, but like jpoon I wouldn't exactly call it starcraft



*Facepalm

I've noticed that most of the people complaining that this is not Starcraft fan art are fairly new members. Are you maybe just a casual player of the game? Have you ever actually even looked at the portrait of the Banshee pilot?? This is quite obviously a banshee pilot laying on a cloaked banshee.

If you wouldn't notice it without having it pointed out, then you either aren't very aware, or just haven't played as terran much, or watched vods of terrans, or played through the single player.... actually you're probably just not very aware.

JoonP, you are a complete asshat. If it's not your preference, fine. But don't sit here and attack the artist. The fact that it's fan art is not subjective. The helmet and uniform are obviously Banshee. Blizzard made the Pilot in the game sexy. This is not some new element the artist introduced. If you have some beef with the tight fitting uniform of Banshee pilots, bring it up with Blizzard!

I mean, both of you... for christ sake! look at the portrait!!!


That isn't "quite obviously" a banshee pilot. Yes I am familiar with the banshee portrait. No I still don't think it's very relevant to the game itself.

I don't care if you think I'm a complete ass hat, you have bad taste in art, and bad taste in everything if you think that is decent fan art. Alright, the fact that it isn't fan art is not subjective, you're right, there's no way anyone could ever consider that decent fan art.

And the banshee pilot is NOT sexy in the game, are you kidding me bro? Just because it's a woman it is automatically "SEXY"? If that isn't the most sexist degrading shit I ever read. Her suit is a bit bulky, and her helmet isn't a brimming arousing accessory. Saying she is sexy is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. In that video you posted she even has a tube coming out of her throat. I don't know who finds that sexy.

Fan art involves more relevant things about the game. Drawing some extremely background kind of thing in a game just for the sake of being able to manipulate it into a sex object doesn't constitute true fan art. In fact that's closer to porn.

And I think your need to attack me for being a "new member" or assuming that I wouldn't know what a banshee pilot looks like, or calling me an asshat really showcases how weak your argument is.

On October 27 2010 14:45 Perfect Assassin wrote:
I don't think the definition of fanart is tied with any "moral" problems someone may have. Heck, the author's intention is explicitly stated, so unless you are some blizzard sc art employee you are nobody to judge "this isn't sc fan art".

Thumbs up to the author.

Yes, defining things is stupid and anyone can do whatever they want and I'll vehemently and mindlessly support it.

I'm going to draw a cup, say it is Jim Raynor's cup, and then post it here declaring it fan art. Sound good?
-CheekyDuck-
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia398 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 07:00:17
October 27 2010 06:55 GMT
#167
joonp, as a banshee (pilot would say)

looks like you picked the wrong day to quit stimpacks....

anyway...

so thanks for the props
in space everyone can hear me scream. >,> get it? lol
~~
also if you made a jim raynor cup, and it looked exactly like the one in the game, i would buy that cup and drink *coffee* from it everyday as that would be AWESOME!

someone needs to make a jimraynor cup now!

edit: someone needs to pway there neopets =)

More expensive than a mothership
Unas
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany56 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 07:33:10
October 27 2010 07:27 GMT
#168
On October 27 2010 15:46 joonp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2010 08:44 Loophole wrote:
On October 27 2010 06:53 Teivospylol wrote:
Jpoon or w/e has a point on the whole "relatedness to SC". While everything else he said was stupid you should take his criticism on that point better in order to make your work significant. Honestly its probably worth more to you than all these other people going "omG its aMaZiNg"

Obviously the picture is supposed to be focusing on the pilot, so I doubt you want the banshee to actually be more apparent (although imo it should be), but I would definately not be able to make the connection between "banshee pilot" and this picture unless someone actually pointed it out. Like the hair, the suit colour, and the generic background doesn't really scream anything "banshee". You could have added something like dominion decals to her suit and it would be clearer (also it would take the plainness out of the suit imo), thats just one example I quickly came up with.

Personally I think it would be pretty awesome if the background was like CHAR and BC's are exploding above.. but then you got this banshee pilot all like "w/e idc". Call it "ghost-riding" with clear emphasis on the pun. Thats prolly not in your artistic vision though

tlDR The picture in itself is pretty good, but like jpoon I wouldn't exactly call it starcraft



*Facepalm

I've noticed that most of the people complaining that this is not Starcraft fan art are fairly new members. Are you maybe just a casual player of the game? Have you ever actually even looked at the portrait of the Banshee pilot?? This is quite obviously a banshee pilot laying on a cloaked banshee.

If you wouldn't notice it without having it pointed out, then you either aren't very aware, or just haven't played as terran much, or watched vods of terrans, or played through the single player.... actually you're probably just not very aware.

JoonP, you are a complete asshat. If it's not your preference, fine. But don't sit here and attack the artist. The fact that it's fan art is not subjective. The helmet and uniform are obviously Banshee. Blizzard made the Pilot in the game sexy. This is not some new element the artist introduced. If you have some beef with the tight fitting uniform of Banshee pilots, bring it up with Blizzard!

I mean, both of you... for christ sake! look at the portrait!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK0DUBMuxRY&feature=related

That isn't "quite obviously" a banshee pilot. Yes I am familiar with the banshee portrait. No I still don't think it's very relevant to the game itself.

I don't care if you think I'm a complete ass hat, you have bad taste in art, and bad taste in everything if you think that is decent fan art. Alright, the fact that it isn't fan art is not subjective, you're right, there's no way anyone could ever consider that decent fan art.

And the banshee pilot is NOT sexy in the game, are you kidding me bro? Just because it's a woman it is automatically "SEXY"? If that isn't the most sexist degrading shit I ever read. Her suit is a bit bulky, and her helmet isn't a brimming arousing accessory. Saying she is sexy is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. In that video you posted she even has a tube coming out of her throat. I don't know who finds that sexy.

Fan art involves more relevant things about the game. Drawing some extremely background kind of thing in a game just for the sake of being able to manipulate it into a sex object doesn't constitute true fan art. In fact that's closer to porn.

And I think your need to attack me for being a "new member" or assuming that I wouldn't know what a banshee pilot looks like, or calling me an asshat really showcases how weak your argument is.

Show nested quote +
On October 27 2010 14:45 Perfect Assassin wrote:
I don't think the definition of fanart is tied with any "moral" problems someone may have. Heck, the author's intention is explicitly stated, so unless you are some blizzard sc art employee you are nobody to judge "this isn't sc fan art".

Thumbs up to the author.

Yes, defining things is stupid and anyone can do whatever they want and I'll vehemently and mindlessly support it.

I'm going to draw a cup, say it is Jim Raynor's cup, and then post it here declaring it fan art. Sound good?


Man... if you don't like it, just gtfo. Your arguments are ridiculous. And no, i will not discuss that with you. Just because i could rather explain that to a friggin wall than to you.

I like the art. Hope to see more from you.
Saying "gg" when you're winning essentially has the same effect as gloating, which is a poor quality to showcase to the public.
Archduke
Profile Joined May 2010
United States119 Posts
October 27 2010 07:30 GMT
#169
Very nice. She's the reason I make banshees.
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
ensis
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany340 Posts
October 27 2010 07:46 GMT
#170
damn, the heels of the devil
this is Day[9] Daily #266 where we learn to be a better substractor- - - - - - - - - - - - -even Chuck Norris watches Day[9] Daily - - - - - - - TL ban policy sucks ratsass
haflo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
140 Posts
October 27 2010 10:06 GMT
#171
joonp you clearly have some deep hidden resent to sexuality .
i do strongly believe you should talk it up with a professional instead of spamming your shit on a very talented artist thread .

understand that what make a community great is talented people putting their time toward the subject , and enriching the word , may it be fan art, modding , maps , casting , or great forums and knowledge base (<3 TL) .

even if its not your style , which is fine , recognize the talent and time put into it appreciate it and move on . you don't have to love it , but you should respect it as a part of the community .
you love ugly aliens blowing up in space . good put that on your desktop and leave us alone.

for cheekyduck i very much hoping to see more content from you , i do love your work .
as for the commentating , as a personal taste , i would prefer seeing you trying to dual cast with a more analytic serious style commentator .
i think both you and your friend leaning to more the more fun bright light side , and i would personnally like to see balance
s00pr
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden94 Posts
October 27 2010 10:19 GMT
#172
It's a really nice WP Gj. Is everything done in PS?
forcestealer
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada60 Posts
October 27 2010 10:59 GMT
#173
I think a Jim Raynor cup would be a cool idea, and that he should also fill it with what looks to be brown jelly...or pepsi...

on the other hand, now that the banshee is out lined...it kinda looks like the pilot would slide down...i mean, it IS glass after all, and there's nothing there for a foothold , unless your count her extremely uncomfortable left leg positioning as a foot hold
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
October 27 2010 11:02 GMT
#174
Having criticized joonp earlier in this thread, I feel I have to defend him now. I still don't agree with his concept of the wallpaper not being decent fan art (which I think it is, despite the sexual undertone and only cursory connection to SC2).

But the amount of flak he's taking right now, especially on a personal level - that's unneccessary. The discussion's not even about the picture itself, but about the whole concept of fan art, and even if you don't agree with joonp's point of view, there's no need to overact like some people here do.

Calling his arguments "ridiculous" (@Unas) is just wrong, because they are well thought out after all. And suggesting a "hidden resent to sexuality" (@haflo) ... seriously, what did you smoke before posting?
bbsss
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands163 Posts
October 27 2010 11:59 GMT
#175
On October 27 2010 20:02 Shockk wrote:
Having criticized joonp earlier in this thread, I feel I have to defend him now. I still don't agree with his concept of the wallpaper not being decent fan art (which I think it is, despite the sexual undertone and only cursory connection to SC2).

But the amount of flak he's taking right now, especially on a personal level - that's unneccessary. The discussion's not even about the picture itself, but about the whole concept of fan art, and even if you don't agree with joonp's point of view, there's no need to overact like some people here do.

Calling his arguments "ridiculous" (@Unas) is just wrong, because they are well thought out after all. And suggesting a "hidden resent to sexuality" (@haflo) ... seriously, what did you smoke before posting?

His arguments are not thought out well at all. What are you smoking?

His assumption that women are only sexy because of the clothing they wear is ridiculous.
goneim
Profile Joined May 2010
China201 Posts
October 27 2010 12:02 GMT
#176
thx, this is some nice work u've done
Day[9] Fan Club Member #516
Tonykunn
Profile Joined March 2010
United States47 Posts
October 27 2010 12:10 GMT
#177
very nice good job
Kvz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States463 Posts
October 27 2010 12:24 GMT
#178
really nice wallpaper, im definitely going to use this for a while!
NrG.Kvz
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
October 27 2010 12:34 GMT
#179
The image it's nice, I thought she was Samus.
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
October 27 2010 12:41 GMT
#180
On October 27 2010 21:34 gaizka wrote:
The image it's nice, I thought she was Samus.


THIS is what I think when I see it.


If you want to do fanart of the banshee pilot, do fanart of the banshee pilot. With the blue suit and the heals, this appears to be closer to Samus with recolored hair, not the Banshee pilot.

But regardless, I am now going to get attacked for disliking the picture or something anyways, so I'm not even sure why I bothered to post.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3884
Bisu 726
Hyuk 643
Soma 331
Rush 273
BeSt 227
Sexy 111
Mong 110
ToSsGirL 76
Stork 68
[ Show more ]
Killer 62
Mind 45
ZerO 37
Shinee 36
sorry 19
Yoon 16
Hm[arnc] 13
NaDa 13
yabsab 10
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc3939
Counter-Strike
olofmeister788
byalli531
shoxiejesuss517
edward73
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
gofns43843
singsing992
ceh9688
dupreeh260
crisheroes230
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• killerbeecast10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• iopq 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1692
• Stunt398
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 10m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.