• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:08
CEST 04:08
KST 11:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8558 users

IdrA, National ESL's IEM Cup #3 Issues - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 23 Next All
kheldorin
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore539 Posts
August 16 2010 21:33 GMT
#221
On August 17 2010 06:26 midway wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 06:13 CaptnIgnit wrote:
... seriously?

Like if the ESL had been monitoring the matches and caught the StrikeCro/Jobless debocale before IdrA had already finished playing?

Or wait, maybe if an ESL representative told IdrA that BigT would be casting his games live?

IdrA got angry because YOU fucked up. Anyone would have gotten angry in his situation. And then you made it worse throughout the night.

IdrA isn't completely without blame, because he did break your rules in certain ways, but 99% of the problems last night were because of your guy's actions.


We are monitoring the matches, the issue just wasn't brought to our attention properly until those previous two matches were played. It's easy to say that, but unless your running the event and watching how fast people are playing matches its easy for two rounds of an event to happen before a mistake can be totally investigated. Players are setting up, starting and finishing matches often times before previous issues can be resolved or even discussed. So while I wish there was a better way of resolving tickets in a faster time frame there's really no way to interrupt a player while he's already playing his match.

Actually our admin staff contacted IdrA before his second and third round matches. That's why he got PP. Still I don't think this should be an issue for National ESL staff. Players should WANT their matches casted. If I was IdrA I would want to build up my audience and get more people interested in me. But what do I know, I just ran the largest eSports website from 2002-2006.

As for the IdrA issue, only one angry here is you. We did our best to resolve the issue and deal with it. IdrA's travel considerations obviously created a more difficult situation.



Wow. Arrogance. Instead of trying to find way to improve the system, you just give up and say "it's not easy"? It's not supposed to be easy.. lol.
midway
Profile Joined July 2010
United States123 Posts
August 16 2010 21:33 GMT
#222
On August 17 2010 06:20 Surrealz wrote:
I also love how ESL is saying that Idra constantly gives them problems, meanwhile Idra is in Korea playing starcraft professionally, and has been in more tournaments over the years than i can count

So you are telling me that Day9 is lying and idra is a wretched person? Apparently Idra is doing this to every tournament hes ever been in? Nope, has hasn't. You are doing a terrible job with your tourney. Idra has been in tons and tons of starcraft tournaments, and we don't hear about this except when YOU SCREW UP.

Take the points back from Idra and apologize to him. It was a private channel. You are losing credibility fast.




We at National ESL aren't blaming IdrA for anything that he wasn't given PP for. If he allowed the casters into the match there would have been no PP. I have no problem with IdrA.

Honestly we have gone out of our way to work with IdrA. We even consider rescheduling tonight's matches to allow IdrA to play and win $100. This isn't something personal against IdrA. The community has a lot of focus on him because of his name. The biggest issue last night was the replay of matches and incorrect result. This was an issue that National ESL resolved as soon as we were made aware of it.

Much of the rest of the problems resulted from IdrA's travel schedule today.
Head of National ESL
TurpinOS
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada1223 Posts
August 16 2010 21:35 GMT
#223
On August 17 2010 06:33 Surrealz wrote:
ok so the professional players aren't allowed to trash talk crappy admins, but its PERFECTLY FINE for crappy casters to trash talk professional players.

yup sounds about right.


Who even said that ?
I think it was pretty obvious from this thread that none of them were acceptable.
http://eve.znaor.hr/pimpmydomi/
InfiniteIce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States794 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 21:35:48
August 16 2010 21:35 GMT
#224
On August 17 2010 06:33 midway wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 06:20 Surrealz wrote:
I also love how ESL is saying that Idra constantly gives them problems, meanwhile Idra is in Korea playing starcraft professionally, and has been in more tournaments over the years than i can count

So you are telling me that Day9 is lying and idra is a wretched person? Apparently Idra is doing this to every tournament hes ever been in? Nope, has hasn't. You are doing a terrible job with your tourney. Idra has been in tons and tons of starcraft tournaments, and we don't hear about this except when YOU SCREW UP.

Take the points back from Idra and apologize to him. It was a private channel. You are losing credibility fast.




We at National ESL aren't blaming IdrA for anything that he wasn't given PP for. If he allowed the casters into the match there would have been no PP. I have no problem with IdrA.

Honestly we have gone out of our way to work with IdrA. We even consider rescheduling tonight's matches to allow IdrA to play and win $100. This isn't something personal against IdrA. The community has a lot of focus on him because of his name. The biggest issue last night was the replay of matches and incorrect result. This was an issue that National ESL resolved as soon as we were made aware of it.

Much of the rest of the problems resulted from IdrA's travel schedule today.


Nobody else is talking about the problems resulting from the travel schedule. That was brought up and clarified on page 1 or 2.

Stop bringing it up. It is irrelevant. Your last 10 posts have mentioned it.
i keep going back to my response to chill's fake PM and laughing, then immediately getting a feeling that i assume i'd get if i had an orgasm and the girl said "hahaha guess what i have a dick" -FakeSteve
rS.Sinatra
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada785 Posts
August 16 2010 21:35 GMT
#225
On August 17 2010 06:27 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 06:24 rS.Sinatra wrote:
On August 17 2010 04:33 travis wrote:
On August 17 2010 04:31 midway wrote:
On August 17 2010 04:29 travis wrote:

No, it wasn't "seen" that way, it's explicitly what was said.


There was confusion among everyone involved, including some admins. IdrA's trip to Gamescom confused the situation further.


If you fuck up, say that you fucked up. Man up. I edited my posts to show some quotes explicitly saying that they were banning Idra. There is no confusion about what was said.

I am glad you guys went back on the decision but don't try to cover up what happened with lies.

Hell, if an admin or 2 were idiots and messed up... just say that. Say what actually happened. Just don't try to lie to minimize it.


Seriously I love the ESL, I love anyone who contributes to e-sports. But Integrity... please


If you want to support things like Integrity on something like reversing a ban on a player that deserved it in the first place, how about supporting things like sportsmanship?

Why was Idra even allowed to participate in ESL after what happened the first time around? This happens every time Idra competes in an event. Idra treats ESL like its a joke, the joke should be on him when he doesn't get to participate in prize tournaments and is banned from play. His sponsors should honestly pull out from backing his extremely poor attitude. Its one thing to earn your respect for your skill, its another to use that respect to think that you can say and do whatever the fuck you want to whomever the fuck you want.

Being a nerd is no excuse for lack of respect or being socially inept. Learn the basics of being a REASONABLE human being should come before being a monkey that knows how to play professional RTS.

Seriously, I love watching skill in action, I love quality replays that have tons of entertainment. But a little class... please


I agree. If he breaks the rules he breaks the rules. What in particular are you talking about here? I sure as hell know what I am talking about, but I don't know what you are talking about nor how it's supposed to be any sort of direct reply to what I posted, as they seem to be two different topics altogether.


Its not a direct reply on your words themselves or disagreeing with what you say. I just think you should be pointing out the bigger picture about what is good for esports. What is more of an important issue right now? Respect or Integrity? While it could be argued that both are equally as important, without respect for others, no sponsors are going to back events full of 12 year olds who love their video games, and after that, we won't need integrity because there won't be any money in this game
www.rsgaming.com
MamiyaOtaru
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1687 Posts
August 16 2010 21:36 GMT
#226
On August 17 2010 05:56 midway wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 05:51 Surrealz wrote:
While I agree with you on all of those points, you did not mention anything at all about bigT calling Idra the "a move zerg" and CONSTANTLY BMing other amazing players. He is annoying people so much that Chill, a huge member of TL, decided to BM bigT with his BIggerT stream.

Most people are agreeing idra overreacted, but nothing is being done on the basis of WHY idra didn't want BigT casting. Honestly, BigT is rude. He doesn't belong in these huge tourneys, and if I was a top notch player like Idra, I wouldn't want some rank 70 diamond guy telling me I'm an A move zerg while I'm playing.

And he was lagging idra. Its a special circumstance. The guy is in Korea. He is doing so much for esports its not even funny just by being an amazing US player over there.


Let me say that's inaccurate. You are suggesting that IdrA didn't want casters because it was BigT. The reality is that IdrA has been denying ANY caster who wants to broadcast his match while playing in National ESL. A pattern of behavior that started prior to last night.

Right, right Idra has said multiple time that BigT wasn't bothering him. He was bothering me though and I'm apparently not the only one. Good for Idra just ignoring "a-move zerg" but it's not something I care to see from a caster.
ShaperofDreams
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2492 Posts
August 16 2010 21:36 GMT
#227
On August 17 2010 06:32 rS.Sinatra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 05:52 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 17 2010 05:44 Surrealz wrote:
Please, just remove BigT from the web, and clean Idra's record. Idra is doing more for SC2 than 99.9999999% of this population, including the casters.


If anything, IdrA's BM is hurting e-sports' attempts at becoming respected. Having the best westerner in the world act like this isn't good for the scene.


I don't like BigT's style of stream either, but I still think his "service", if you can honestly call it that, is doing much more than Idra's "get paid to play good and """"""entertain"""""" with poor manners"

(Notice I had to quote entertain, because his poor attitude is anything but entertaining and is in fact doing us all a disfavor by making us all look like a bunch of nerd-rage kids who don't deserve to get paid to actually entertain?) <-- and yes despite the fact that you guys all probably knew what I was talking about, it was just something that HAD to be pointed out because of how bad this really is.

I'll be the first to say Idra is a great RTS player. I'll also be the first to say that he is a horrible human being.

You just made me face-palm so hard.

You think Idra is a horrible human being? Hitler was a horrible human being. Idra plays video games.

the reason Idra bmed was probably because he is used to well run, professional events and there were so many unnecessary complications.

also, a commentator bming a player? really? Instant ban for BigT in any well run organization. Not to mention that he has been caught cheating by collusion.
Bitches don't know about my overlord. FUCK OFF ALDARIS I HAVE ENOUGH PYLONS. My Balls are as smooth as Eggs.
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
August 16 2010 21:37 GMT
#228
On August 17 2010 06:35 TurpinOS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 06:33 Surrealz wrote:
ok so the professional players aren't allowed to trash talk crappy admins, but its PERFECTLY FINE for crappy casters to trash talk professional players.

yup sounds about right.


Who even said that ?
I think it was pretty obvious from this thread that none of them were acceptable.

Check the rest of the thread, I think he's decided to start a witch hunt for BigT or something.
Deleted User 47542
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1484 Posts
August 16 2010 21:37 GMT
#229
On August 17 2010 06:26 midway wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 06:13 CaptnIgnit wrote:
... seriously?

Like if the ESL had been monitoring the matches and caught the StrikeCro/Jobless debocale before IdrA had already finished playing?

Or wait, maybe if an ESL representative told IdrA that BigT would be casting his games live?

IdrA got angry because YOU fucked up. Anyone would have gotten angry in his situation. And then you made it worse throughout the night.

IdrA isn't completely without blame, because he did break your rules in certain ways, but 99% of the problems last night were because of your guy's actions.


We are monitoring the matches, the issue just wasn't brought to our attention properly until those previous two matches were played. It's easy to say that, but unless your running the event and watching how fast people are playing matches its easy for two rounds of an event to happen before a mistake can be totally investigated. Players are setting up, starting and finishing matches often times before previous issues can be resolved or even discussed. So while I wish there was a better way of resolving tickets in a faster time frame there's really no way to interrupt a player while he's already playing his match.

Actually our admin staff contacted IdrA before his second and third round matches. That's why he got PP. Still I don't think this should be an issue for National ESL staff. Players should WANT their matches casted. If I was IdrA I would want to build up my audience and get more people interested in me. But what do I know, I just ran the largest eSports website from 2002-2006.

As for the IdrA issue, only one angry here is you. We did our best to resolve the issue and deal with it. IdrA's travel considerations obviously created a more difficult situation.


Last I checked IdrA is already pretty famous. But what do you know, you only ran the largest eSports website from 2002-2006.

Why would he want his matches casted if it meant a total d-bag would be doing it, and at the same time cause lag. If I were him I'd take the two penalty points as well.
midway
Profile Joined July 2010
United States123 Posts
August 16 2010 21:38 GMT
#230
On August 17 2010 06:33 Baarn wrote:
So back to my question that was never answered from a prior post. Was it jobless that decided to rematch or was esl admins decision? Also why not be more strict about the no show rule in the future to avoid drama like this?


The two players didn't communicate. Strike reported the lose but Jobless had evidence showing he was looking for Strike. Strike didn't have evidence showing the same. This is why the match was overturned.
Head of National ESL
rS.Sinatra
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada785 Posts
August 16 2010 21:39 GMT
#231
On August 17 2010 06:36 ShaperofDreams wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 06:32 rS.Sinatra wrote:
On August 17 2010 05:52 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 17 2010 05:44 Surrealz wrote:
Please, just remove BigT from the web, and clean Idra's record. Idra is doing more for SC2 than 99.9999999% of this population, including the casters.


If anything, IdrA's BM is hurting e-sports' attempts at becoming respected. Having the best westerner in the world act like this isn't good for the scene.


I don't like BigT's style of stream either, but I still think his "service", if you can honestly call it that, is doing much more than Idra's "get paid to play good and """"""entertain"""""" with poor manners"

(Notice I had to quote entertain, because his poor attitude is anything but entertaining and is in fact doing us all a disfavor by making us all look like a bunch of nerd-rage kids who don't deserve to get paid to actually entertain?) <-- and yes despite the fact that you guys all probably knew what I was talking about, it was just something that HAD to be pointed out because of how bad this really is.

I'll be the first to say Idra is a great RTS player. I'll also be the first to say that he is a horrible human being.

You just made me face-palm so hard.

You think Idra is a horrible human being? Hitler was a horrible human being. Idra plays video games.

the reason Idra bmed was probably because he is used to well run, professional events and there were so many unnecessary complications.

also, a commentator bming a player? really? Instant ban for BigT in any well run organization. Not to mention that he has been caught cheating by collusion.


Like I said, I'm not a big fan of BigT.. both are pretty much evils that the rest of us have to live with...

I'm not the one comparing Idra to be Hitler, but I'm comparing him to the rest of the GREAT people that I've met playing this game... Idra is just on a whole other level of immaturity and I don't care for it one bit.
www.rsgaming.com
Phiggot03
Profile Joined December 2009
Vietnam132 Posts
August 16 2010 21:40 GMT
#232
I use to play wow and tourneys by ESL were complete shit, poorly dealt with problems and did not pay several players. Go Idra.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 16 2010 21:40 GMT
#233
On August 17 2010 06:35 rS.Sinatra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 06:27 travis wrote:
On August 17 2010 06:24 rS.Sinatra wrote:
On August 17 2010 04:33 travis wrote:
On August 17 2010 04:31 midway wrote:
On August 17 2010 04:29 travis wrote:

No, it wasn't "seen" that way, it's explicitly what was said.


There was confusion among everyone involved, including some admins. IdrA's trip to Gamescom confused the situation further.


If you fuck up, say that you fucked up. Man up. I edited my posts to show some quotes explicitly saying that they were banning Idra. There is no confusion about what was said.

I am glad you guys went back on the decision but don't try to cover up what happened with lies.

Hell, if an admin or 2 were idiots and messed up... just say that. Say what actually happened. Just don't try to lie to minimize it.


Seriously I love the ESL, I love anyone who contributes to e-sports. But Integrity... please


If you want to support things like Integrity on something like reversing a ban on a player that deserved it in the first place, how about supporting things like sportsmanship?

Why was Idra even allowed to participate in ESL after what happened the first time around? This happens every time Idra competes in an event. Idra treats ESL like its a joke, the joke should be on him when he doesn't get to participate in prize tournaments and is banned from play. His sponsors should honestly pull out from backing his extremely poor attitude. Its one thing to earn your respect for your skill, its another to use that respect to think that you can say and do whatever the fuck you want to whomever the fuck you want.

Being a nerd is no excuse for lack of respect or being socially inept. Learn the basics of being a REASONABLE human being should come before being a monkey that knows how to play professional RTS.

Seriously, I love watching skill in action, I love quality replays that have tons of entertainment. But a little class... please


I agree. If he breaks the rules he breaks the rules. What in particular are you talking about here? I sure as hell know what I am talking about, but I don't know what you are talking about nor how it's supposed to be any sort of direct reply to what I posted, as they seem to be two different topics altogether.


Its not a direct reply on your words themselves or disagreeing with what you say. I just think you should be pointing out the bigger picture about what is good for esports. What is more of an important issue right now? Respect or Integrity? While it could be argued that both are equally as important, without respect for others, no sponsors are going to back events full of 12 year olds who love their video games, and after that, we won't need integrity because there won't be any money in this game


Well firstly that's an opinion, and not one I necessarily agree with. I've yet to actually see something from Idra that I thought would be bad for e-sports. Suggestions that someone is *gasp* a bad player really isn't as big of a deal as so many oversensitive kids seem to like to think it is.

Also, the point of this topic, of the post I was replying to, is not discussion of Idra and his behavior. It's discussion of ESL and their actions.
midway
Profile Joined July 2010
United States123 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 21:42:25
August 16 2010 21:40 GMT
#234
On August 17 2010 06:36 MamiyaOtaru wrote:
Right, right Idra has said multiple time that BigT wasn't bothering him. He was bothering me though and I'm apparently not the only one. Good for Idra just ignoring "a-move zerg" but it's not something I care to see from a caster.


IdrA hasn't been allowing casters in previous events and was told last night specifically that we would. This issue of IdrA not allowing casters has little to do with BigT, as IdrA said himself before. IdrA made the issue about BigT after the fact.
Head of National ESL
ShaperofDreams
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2492 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 21:42:26
August 16 2010 21:40 GMT
#235
so you are fine with these guys penalizing players but not their own people\casters for inappropriate behavior?

edit: also not paying players

idra might have a bad rep but esl has a much worse one.
Bitches don't know about my overlord. FUCK OFF ALDARIS I HAVE ENOUGH PYLONS. My Balls are as smooth as Eggs.
Argolis
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada211 Posts
August 16 2010 21:43 GMT
#236
so you are fine with these guys penalizing players but not their own people\casters for inappropriate behavior?


I didn't read all the rules but I don't think it says "casters may not call Idra the a-moving zerg" anywhere.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 21:44:50
August 16 2010 21:43 GMT
#237
On August 17 2010 06:36 ShaperofDreams wrote:

also, a commentator bming a player? really? Instant ban for BigT in any well run organization. Not to mention that he has been caught cheating by collusion.


I have no idea what's going on here, so a neutral voice coming in. Apparently what I've garnered is, a caster (in this case BigT) was bming idra in the games he was casting of him, IdrA refused to let BigT cast his games since not only was he just BMing him, but it was also causing him unnecessary lag. So the ESL bans him from the tournament.

Correct me where I'm wrong.

On August 17 2010 06:43 Argolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
so you are fine with these guys penalizing players but not their own people\casters for inappropriate behavior?


I didn't read all the rules but I don't think it says "casters may not call Idra the a-moving zerg" anywhere.


I'm pretty sure. I mean, I'm PRETTY sure, that it does say somewhere that casters shouldn't be going around BMing professional players in matches that they don't like. This is a business, money is being transacted, and it's unprofessional to be bad mouthing someone.
midway
Profile Joined July 2010
United States123 Posts
August 16 2010 21:43 GMT
#238
On August 17 2010 06:40 ShaperofDreams wrote:
so you are fine with these guys penalizing players but not their own people\casters for inappropriate behavior?

edit: also not paying players

idra might have a bad rep but esl has a much worse one.


ESL is working on investigating issues with everyone involved. The issue for tonight's matches was IdrA's involvement. That's the reason for the thread.
Head of National ESL
Deadlyfish
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1980 Posts
August 16 2010 21:44 GMT
#239
On August 17 2010 06:25 catamorphist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 06:23 Deadlyfish wrote:
I dont get why people seem to like IdrA. There have been so many threads where he has been brought up and the same people just come defending him. I just cant see why anyone would ever side with him, given his record.

You'd think that people would know that he can get pretty furious over nothing, and that he constantly insults other players just for doing a certain build or playing a certain race in a video game.

It's not a coincidence that IdrA always gets into "trouble" with people. Why was it IdrA this time, and not one of the other 375 players? Probably has something to do with him having some kind of problem with his temper.



Some of us care more about watching great Starcraft than whether a player insults an admin or his opponent, or says a ritual "gg" after every game. If ESL is this close to banning a great player because he told someone the admins were idiots, then I have a problem with ESL, not IdrA. (The casting issue I find more compelling.)



If this was someone else, less known, nobody would care, and they would probably say that it was his own fault. But because the semi decent zerg (IdrA) broke the rules, he shouldnt be punished. What kind of twisted logic is that?

You dont make exceptions, rules are rules. It's simple, you break rule, you get consequence. Thats it. It's their tournament, they could say whatever they want to him and still ban him.

I dont know who this "bigT" is, but i'm all for anyone who insults IdrA


If wishes were horses we'd be eating steak right now.
Voyager I
Profile Joined July 2010
United States260 Posts
August 16 2010 21:44 GMT
#240
On August 17 2010 06:25 Merikh wrote:
I'd also like to throw out there, I didn't see it come up. IdrA has been denying casters since the first qualifier cup. lol why is it just recently when IdrA doing well he gets the PP and not in the first 2 qualifier cups? (and the BM anyone remember the silver game? no PP there? lol) I just find it kind of funny.

Just a different question that I don't think someone has brought up.


This is actually a good point, although probably not in the way you intended. IdrA berating Silver for playing Terran really should have had some consequences other than getting him laughed at.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13254
Rain 2253
Artosis 636
Dewaltoss 32
NaDa 22
Bale 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever547
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4743
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1651
ArmadaUGS282
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1296
WinterStarcraft506
Other Games
summit1g7732
Day[9].tv725
JimRising 628
PiGStarcraft189
Maynarde163
C9.Mang0152
ViBE121
ZombieGrub3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick885
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv725
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 52m
OSC
10h 52m
Stellar Fest
10h 52m
OSC
21h 52m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.