• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:34
CEST 02:34
KST 09:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9006 users

The Official Thread of Overused Terms for Casters - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 33 Next All
OTRawrior
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-15 19:19:34
July 15 2010 19:19 GMT
#141
"And all that good jazz" -day9
"I called that" -HDSC
Guilloteen
Profile Joined May 2010
United States128 Posts
July 15 2010 19:24 GMT
#142
oh great you basically took out everything a caster can say...everyone should stop casting now
xlro
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland31 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-15 19:34:28
July 15 2010 19:29 GMT
#143
- "ooooooooohhhh"
- "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh"
- "aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh"
every single time a psionic storm goes down, even if it happens 20x in a single game
I've seen couple casters do this -yeah the effect looks nice, but c'mon

also annihilated/annihilation is slightly overused sometimes- at least for being such a fancy word, it def. is
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
July 15 2010 20:26 GMT
#144
For the people commentating about how 'casters won't have anything else to say now' I'm not sure I made it clear really what I was looking for. I have no problem when I say any of these phrases once. Its when I say "it'll be interesting to see..." about 20 times in a cast that makes me cry when I'm re listening to casts to see what I need to improve on.

I do like a lot of the things people have posted, regardless of if they're being funny or completely serious! The poster talking about how casters need to improve their banter is spot on in my eyes -- this is something I definitely need to improve on. I'm pretty surprised by the amount of responses in the thread though!
Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 15 2010 20:33 GMT
#145
"...of [player]" is said far far too often. It basically sounds like a misstep half the time.

"And now the Roaches... of Idra are going to just slaughter the Zealots... of Nony"

Just say "Idra's Roaches" and "Nony's Zealots", it sounds much more natural and it doesn't sound like filler for dead air. Most of the time you don't even need to say which units belong to whom because they play different races.

Just a personal pet peeve of mine when I hear it.
Moderator
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
July 15 2010 20:40 GMT
#146
On July 16 2010 05:33 Excalibur_Z wrote:
"...of [player]" is said far far too often. It basically sounds like a misstep half the time.

"And now the Roaches... of Idra are going to just slaughter the Zealots... of Nony"

Just say "Idra's Roaches" and "Nony's Zealots", it sounds much more natural and it doesn't sound like filler for dead air. Most of the time you don't even need to say which units belong to whom because they play different races.

Just a personal pet peeve of mine when I hear it.


I'd rather they just said "...and those roaches blah blah blah to those zealots blah blah blah..."

There really is no need to call out the player's names after the initial introduction.
intergalactic
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada428 Posts
July 15 2010 20:47 GMT
#147
I don't mind using the same terms often, but one of them really annoy me to no end. Everytime I hear it, my ears bleed and I feel like pulling out my eyes with a pitchfork.

"Right off the bat"

ugh.
If you value your soul, do not look into the eye of an horse
velocifero
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada11 Posts
July 15 2010 20:48 GMT
#148
"man this is some totally cool baller sauce leet balls."

if you want to talk like us cool kids you gotta do it right, yo.
ignore women, accumulate funds
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-15 20:52:35
July 15 2010 20:51 GMT
#149
H to the Usky, Husky
let us divine
fast expansion (when really sometimes it's mid game already)
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-15 21:02:15
July 15 2010 21:01 GMT
#150
I'm actually kind of curious if casters actually practice casting? Like watch replays and cast them and record themselves and listen back in private? If not, I think this could go a long way to improving casts. Players practice a ton for the tournies, why not casters? I'd think it would force you to come up with new material for the same things you see in game, and would let you sorta pick at random which material you use so you don't repeat yourself for an entire tourney.

The best players are as good as they are because they have an entire repertoire to choose from when playing. This comes from having seen everything before through practice. I bet casters could benefit from that sorta thing as well.
STX Fighting!
AssuredVacancy
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1167 Posts
July 15 2010 21:06 GMT
#151
HD:

"If he does xxx it'll be HUUUUUUUUUUGE"

"this is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE"
We spend our youth attaining wealth, and our wealth attaining youth.
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
July 15 2010 21:06 GMT
#152
On July 16 2010 06:01 vesicular wrote:
I'm actually kind of curious if casters actually practice casting? Like watch replays and cast them and record themselves and listen back in private? If not, I think this could go a long way to improving casts. Players practice a ton for the tournies, why not casters? I'd think it would force you to come up with new material for the same things you see in game, and would let you sorta pick at random which material you use so you don't repeat yourself for an entire tourney.

The best players are as good as they are because they have an entire repertoire to choose from when playing. This comes from having seen everything before through practice. I bet casters could benefit from that sorta thing as well.

I do this every now and then, but not so much as of late. I have been casting on late night streams in less of a 'spotlight' just to kinda joke around and generally I find myself to be better when I'm not trying to be 'professional' if that makes sense haha.
Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
AeonStrife
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States918 Posts
July 15 2010 21:10 GMT
#153
He should be careful...

Whats worse...US Poltics or SC2 Balance Talks...
FXOTheoRy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States519 Posts
July 15 2010 21:11 GMT
#154
"___ are entering the fray"
oyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy
ATeddyBear
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Canada2843 Posts
July 15 2010 21:12 GMT
#155
Thor impressions.

Aych to the Usky Husky.

When Husky yells STORM especially recently, it is becoming painful.
Professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
July 15 2010 21:12 GMT
#156
On July 16 2010 06:06 itmeJP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2010 06:01 vesicular wrote:
I'm actually kind of curious if casters actually practice casting? Like watch replays and cast them and record themselves and listen back in private? If not, I think this could go a long way to improving casts. Players practice a ton for the tournies, why not casters? I'd think it would force you to come up with new material for the same things you see in game, and would let you sorta pick at random which material you use so you don't repeat yourself for an entire tourney.

The best players are as good as they are because they have an entire repertoire to choose from when playing. This comes from having seen everything before through practice. I bet casters could benefit from that sorta thing as well.

I do this every now and then, but not so much as of late. I have been casting on late night streams in less of a 'spotlight' just to kinda joke around and generally I find myself to be better when I'm not trying to be 'professional' if that makes sense haha.


Of course. Like most things, when the pressure is on it's harder to perform. I guess how much time to put into it depends on how far you see it going. If SC2 as an esport really takes off then there will certainly be a demand for quality casters. Whether that actually happens or not is anyone's guess. Though the excitement generated by a great cast really helps push the entire esport idea so I suppose it's a chicken/egg thing.
STX Fighting!
jared1259
Profile Joined May 2010
United States63 Posts
July 15 2010 21:13 GMT
#157
On July 16 2010 06:12 ATeddyBear wrote:
Thor impressions.



I second this!

It was never clever in the first place.
Do your thing
English
Profile Joined April 2010
United States475 Posts
July 15 2010 21:14 GMT
#158
Day[9] says "but either way" a lot. <3

A lot of casters also say "at this stage of the game"
Erucious
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway393 Posts
July 15 2010 21:30 GMT
#159
On July 16 2010 03:32 Thenas wrote:
One Day[9] frequently use is "let us divine" as he picks questions, probably the most overused thing he does with the exception of him going "hmm" and rubs his chin as someone suggested something worth exploring or him switching to a view of him drinking water.

Don't mind it to much but after 100+ episodes of "let us divine" it's getting a lil dull still love his casts though.


Its just used as a noise filler.. Like some people use "ummm" or whatever. Would you rather someone would just shut up and sit still like a statue when they are trying to pick out a question?
I'm Norwegian/Dutch. Just the awesome parts of them though :D
Kvz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States463 Posts
July 15 2010 21:32 GMT
#160
"relatively". RELATIVELY this that and everything. we all know things are relative you dont need to keep saying it
NrG.Kvz
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 132
SpeCial 121
CosmosSc2 45
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1618
Rain 1593
Artosis 667
910 60
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
League of Legends
Doublelift3210
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox250
Other Games
summit1g8873
shahzam569
JimRising 441
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft306
Maynarde131
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick898
BasetradeTV170
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP70
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie812
• Shiphtur191
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 26m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.